All member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Extremely violent military shooter with profanity, drugs.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent Written byjamelkellenmerrel November 2, 2014

life

this game reflects life what is going on and it really does not have sex, and who cares about smoking my son plays this game and loves it. he has good grades a good life and everything. this page is just retarded it does not give any good advise if you want to be a good parent don't look at this stupid website and just think.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysupergojira2001 October 22, 2014

Really? 17+?

Yes there is swearing in the game. But you know where else there's swearing? IN REAL LIFE! People also smoke in this game, LIKE IN REAL LIFE! There is also blood, AGAIN LIKE IN REAL LIFE! I'm pretty anybody sane who's 8 or older won't run in the streets killing people because of this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbayes01 October 12, 2014

Call of duty black ops 2

Teen, 15 years old Written byEvenStevenMan October 5, 2014

Not what Common Sense Media says

Listen up: Games like this are never as violent as people think they are. Parents - It all depends on your kid. a lot of kids can tell the difference between real and virtual. This game isnt that violent, and you can even turn the blood and cussing off.
Kid, 10 years old October 1, 2014

Not as bad as it sounds

This game may be M rated but you can easily go to settings,turn off blood and gore then strong language. After that this game is not that bad and is like a T rated game,plus there is not that much sex/nudity and hardly any drugs.
Kid, 12 years old September 22, 2014

Its Really Not That Bad!

Alright, so I wasn't allowed to play M Rated games until I wan 12. As soon as you start up the game, it will ask you if you would like blood/gore, language, and disturbing scenes(Real life battlefield scenes, extremely violent scenes).This makes it age appropriate. But I think 10 is good enough.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPyroStryker495 September 14, 2014

Check Yourself First

This is a great game, but it has excessive violence and language more than necessary. I played this first when i was 13 and it left me mentally scarred for life. If you know that you can handle and isolate the bad parts in your head, then it's not too bad of a game. The story is really good and has its share of positivity.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzebreviewer September 5, 2014

Best Call of duty yet!

Unlike others black ops II strives for the best Its creativity and story will give you a great thrill. M: strong violence and combat, language and gore
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarvster5 September 3, 2014

Keep on the Multiplayer.

The Single Player campaign is where the violence, language and drugs are at. Keep your kids on the multiplayer, it could be as violent as star wars. But if you know your kid well, let him play zombies mode.
Kid, 10 years old September 1, 2014

Think of it

Every kids dream game is this, you can always turn of blood, even though there is not much, the language is not even that bad and there are barely any drugs at all, the Australian classification board says it is MA15+ but it is not that violent! my recommendation is for Tweens and over.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiwouldtrustme13 August 28, 2014

iwouldtrustme14

one of the most fun mulitiplayer in call of duty there is alot of cursing in the campaign but you have the option to turn that off at the begining of the game turning off the graphic content makes this game not that bad at all and when you turn off the graphic content it turns off blood language gory in all modes
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolguy300 August 23, 2014

The Truth

This game is fine for a 12 year old and about online you can mute other people and theres a graphic content filter which turns off bad language and blood and half of the swears you start hearing in middle school so its alright for kids 12 and older
Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2014

YOU CAN TAKE OFF BLOOD AND GORE

To be honest, other than ZOMBIES, this game should be rated a teen game. You can also take off blood and gore, meaning no blood and censored swearing. There's no sexual content and no nudity ( not sure if I spelled that right)! Trust me, I've seen worse games like GTA 5.
Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2014

LEARNING

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Review.

Ok unlike my other reviews I can't argue anything positive for this game except it is probably the best game I had ever played. It is by far the best Call of Duty games. The first person shooter view and the graphics are just to good to be true. With many maps the best guns out of all of the Call of Duty games. (In my opinion.) I think everyone 10+ can play this because it is a little inappropriate but extremely fun.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2014

black ops 2

i think this is a really good game for teens and preteens to have. with years of persuading I got my grandma to buy it. I think that this is a great game because one u can turn of the swearing 2 I think u can turn of the blood and 3 this game is amazing and there is no drugs wat so ever and no one takes drugs so lemme just say screw u ersb
Adult Written byMr.TROLOLOL July 6, 2014

helps my kids larn

with this new gaem my kids kno now that when ppl shoot u you die
Teen, 13 years old Written byasianpokchap July 2, 2014

multiplayer fine. Single player... dear Lord!!!

Listen, this game has a superb story but IS very gritty and gory. You find your character stab a foe in the neck more than 5 times each with a fair amount of blood. There will be other times where you jam a nail in a hand. But in the multiplayer it's fine for maybe, I would say 13 years or older. Just single player is definitely meant for a mature audience who can understand the grittiness and gloomy theme of war. Even I shouldn't get enjoyment out of torchering someone with an electric chair. Just please, consider this. Thank you.
Teen, 17 years old Written byclutchmoney31 July 2, 2014

For mature 12 year olds and up

Many people think Cod:Black Ops 2 has way too much violence, sex, and swearing. Yet, after playing Black Ops 2 I've realized that many parents are mistaken. First, there is a way to turn off most of the swearing, gore and violence. Also, if your worried about the multiplayer lobby and safety issues, there are ways to mute players and report them. However, Campaign mode has some brutal scenes that are pretty harsh. So, if your child only wants it because to multiplayer I say let them have it, but if they want to play campaign and multiplayer I would think twice about buying them that game.
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2014

amazing game

This game is the best game I have ever played. I like the story. And all the other types of game modes like zombies and multiplayer.
Adult Written byParentingGamer June 27, 2014

Great game!

I'm 32 with kids 12, and 14. I bought this game for my 14 year old because he showed me that when Content filter has been activated in settings it erases the first three ratings. Common sense media always says the bad but doesn't ever show the good about the game. Example, It says "Suggestive Themes" and "Use of Drugs" on the rating tag but it's barely as suggestive as walking around a store, and as for drugs, the only references are smoking and drinking a beer. If you have ever seen someone in real life smoking/drinking a beer then you have already experienced seeing "Use of Drugs". And these ratings only apply 80% for campaign mode, 15% for zombie and 5% for multiplayer. My boy started out on multiplayer after I tested it out first and I saw nothing was wrong. I then let him play campaign (While watching a few stages) and saw that with content filter on, nothing was bad. I now let both my sons play multiplayer and my oldest is still playing through campaign mode. I even join them sometimes, It's great fun!