All member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Extremely violent military shooter with profanity, drugs.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEnglishPenguin October 17, 2015

Tactical Warfare similatror, requires skill, gile, and the abilty to not care if you die twenty two times in one game.

Black ops two is a excellent military first person shooter, unlike some where it takes several grenades to take out 1 person, a couple of bullets is a kill. The multiplayer experience is fantastic, though if you ever use gamechat with any one, 2/5 of the words they say are going to be R rated. The campaign was frankly horrible, an endless boring storyline full of F bombs (language and blood can be disabled) and gory cutscenes. So long as you stick with multiplayer and zombies, the game play is superb. Multiplayer is very fun, though it takes some getting used to since most players are old veterans. Zombies is also quite addicting, it presents a temptation to buy all the DLC's though. Overall if you disable gore the game is defiantly T rated.
Parent Written byShust28 September 8, 2015

It's not bad.

To everyone who said this game is 18+... It doesn't matter weather or not you turn off the gore and language, 75% your child around 12 years of age most likely knows all of the swear words in this game (F--k, s--t) and I've played the entire campaign, and there's only one scene in the beginning to be worried about for your child where someone is shown burning alive. They're body is just burnt and bloody, nothing your child can't handle if they aren't sickened by stuff like that. I'd say once your child hits puberty, then they are probably old enough to play.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCutekittylover316 August 23, 2015

Why is it good

In this game there is three diffrent modes. There is multiplayer,campaign and zombies. Lots of parents would look on the back and see it's rated m bc of blood and Gore,swearing,use of drugs and not so good scenes. All of this is true but it depends on the mode u want to play on. For example, multiplayer only has blood and Gore so basically if zombies and campaign weren't one of the modes the game would be for teens. But that isn't the case. Zombies isn't that bad. In zombies there is blood and Gore and sometimes arms or legs can fall off the zombie if u shoot or blow it up. But there is one map pack in zombies called buried. Now buried has this one girl zombie that kind of looks inappropriate bc she has a push up braw and u can see a little cleavage. Also there is beer in buried. The only time u can use the beer is when ur giving it to a big drunk guy named Leroy. He drinks the boos to knock down unlocked stuff. Also one of the players in the game named misty has a little cleavage showing but u can barley tell. In the game mode campaign there is lot of bad things . Campaign is the reason why the game is rated M,in campaign there is themes that aren't so good and there is use of drugs like cigarettes.campaign is so brutal so I would stay away from that game mode and there is swearing in campaign. BUT there is a way to TURN OFF BLOOD and GORE And SWEARING. U can go on options to mute the whole game and in the beginning there is a thing where it ask u if u want to see the blood and gore. I recommend multiplayer bc there is only blood and Gore which u can turn off in settings. So with out campaign and zombies the game could be rated t for teens. So parents I would let ur kids play multiplayer and zombies. Ps buried isn't that bad. I would check the game out as well.
Adult Written byanthonyr1 August 9, 2015

Under rated

I am 12 I have call of duty bo2 (black ops 2) because I had an option to turn off the language and gore off. This also works for MW3,black ops, MW2 an 1, ghost.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuper Gojira 2001 August 3, 2015

Great and addicting game for kids!

BOII is a great game for kids. This game should of gotten an E10+. A 17+ rating is very extreme. The violence is tame. In multiplayer, you'r constantly running around the map, so you don't have too much time to look at the 5 oz. puddle of blood that disappears in 2 seconds. The swearing is as much as what your kids hear at school. Players with mics online can be muted. However if your kid is younger than 11, I wold not allow hm to have a mic. Little kids screaming about how they died in the game online can be very annoying. Overall great game for kids. Parents who think otherwise are out of touch with modern technology and reasonable thinking.
Adult Written byLuke Macia August 3, 2015

This game is to overrated

First let me start by saying that 13 and up is a good age. I am 11 years old and this game is great. The game mode with the most gore and blood is zombies. You can shoot a zombies head off and blood will keep squirting out of the neck. The multiplayer has the most cuss words but all game modes say some bad words. Their is apsiloutly no sexual content and their is some drugs and drinking. You can use a microphone and talk. I would recommend muting everyone because that is where you will hear most cuss words.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymatty7890 August 1, 2015

Good but violent game

This game is fun if kids understand the violence isn't real. It is not remotely educational but it is enjoyable.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJustRelax July 26, 2015

Really?

OK so before you say, "Its Rated M So It Has to be BAD" just read this, when you first start of just go to the pause menu and turn of the graphic content and BOOM, no blood of language. and honestly, I think CSM is over reacting saying that there's sexual references, I mean think about it, look at the cover and read the description, do you REALLY think there's going to be any sexual references in this, and finally drugs, thay may smoke a cigar once or MAYBE twice but no real DRUGS, Just take it from me because I beat the game 3 times,
Adult Written byJohn Halsey July 16, 2015

CSM didn't look into this game enough.

CSM obviously did not explore all of the features of this game. If your kid uses no settings to play this game, then it should be M and don't let them play it. But you can turn off blood AND language with the Graphic Settings and before you start the game it will ask if you want to remove graphic content, like blood. It also cuts out violent scenes with darkness. With all of this taken out, the game deserves a spot in the T rated section. Just make sure your kid has adjusted to these settings. Like I said, CSM really did not explore the options on this. This can all be taken out with a few button clicks. Plus, it can lead to some great family times. My whole family (2 sons, and a wife) all love playing Zombies together. And their grades have gotten better and they've become more responsible if you put down guidelines on the game. Treyarch, thanks for giving us family fun and getting our kids to do better in school. Common Sense Media, I said it twice in this review but, you really need to revise this, making me go through all this trouble because I believed you guys when you said it. I rate this for kids 13+ because when adjusted, it fits as a T game, and it is the age of my sons.
Adult Written byJohn Halsey July 16, 2015

CSM didn't look into this game enough.

Teen, 14 years old Written byseanosully July 7, 2015

11 or 12 and up

First off I want to say that blood, gore and language can all be turned off at the beginning of the game. Second, When I say 12 and up I'm talking about mature 12 year olds. And to the parents who won't let their child play this because you don't think they are ready for it, the kid probably knows a lot of stuff you don't think they know. And lastly almost if not all of the cussing is in the campaign, which no one really plays, and in online multiplayer which you can mute players and you don't even need a headset to listen to the people.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynikeultra13ac July 6, 2015

good game but mature

Mature game I've played this game for 2 years and this game swares a lot ESPECIALLY CAMPAIGN. blood is used and the graphics make it look real zombies are scarier for young children
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2015

First Shooter

It's a fun game, being my first shooter. The multiplayer is not bad, bloody screen, a little blood. Campaign is fine, you can take off cussing and graphic content, I've tried both and I prefer if you have little ears to turn off the language and graphic scenes. Zombies is best for the younger kids who want to play a shooter, gave me a few nightmares when I was 9, but got used to it. The characters are in a way good role models, there is good in the game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystuffedp May 28, 2015

Look! it just isn't that bad

Ok, every single argument anyone has against online inappropriateness can be countered easily. You can turn all the language and blood off as many others have said. If you don't want your kids to talk to people online or not be able to see offensive emblems, there are parental controls on the xbox which will block them!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGamerMovieBookGuy May 27, 2015

Good Game But Very Gory

I think that this game is good for mature children . There is a graphic content filter and I think any child under 15 playing should turn graphic content off . This game has a lot of swearing and gore . I liked the player choice but I sadly got the bad ending . In this game you are taught about the horrors of war so that's a plus
Adult Written byCod is Trash May 9, 2015

Trash game dice plz fix the EA

Iz trash plz fix EA
Adult Written byFireFire May 1, 2015

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2

Langauge 10/10: Very strong language, Mild words like stupid to extreme words like c**t! Very offensive. Sex 0/10: Not a problem Violence 10/10: Zombie shooting is very gory, Headshots, blood, explosions and guns, Multiplayer is no better, Shooting blood splatters on the walls/floors sounds very violence, Campaign is very bad to! Drugs 5/10: Smoking, Drinking, Injections!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMINERS DELIGHT April 12, 2015

pretty fun but dont invest into the campaign

this game is good but i wouldnt invest into the campaign its hard so i reccommend the multiplayer and becuase it is 2 years old no one uses the mic so hop on have some fun theres no drugs or violents in multiplayer you shoot the person and they drop to the ground no swearing if you mute everyone and no drugs sex or anything
Adult Written byNitroreviews April 6, 2015

Black Ops II

I'm sure a lot of you parents have looked at the common sense review and said "I'm never gonna let my kids play this", but I'm here to tell you that the game isn't as bad as you think. The campaign is violent and has a suggestive mission included with it, but you can turn the blood and gore off on the main menu and the suggestive part is just a nightclub and if that bugs you, just don't let your kids play the campaign. Zombies mode is graphic, but if you turn off the graphic content it's a lot better, and multiplayer it's hard to notice the blood.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySwaggyTurtleGamer April 1, 2015

Best Call of Duty There will ever be!!!

This is the title. It has the best campaign/multiplayer. The guns are great and so are the maps. It even has Zombie mode! This game is very violent, but I have it and I play it with my 7 YEAR OLD BROTHER! We play multiplayer together, but Zombies is a little to scary for little kids. So I only play that with my friends. Trust me parents, great game for 11 and up.