All member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Extremely violent military shooter with profanity, drugs.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 17 years old Written bySwickedGamer April 1, 2014

good game 4 ur kids 2 play all the dang day JK
Parent Written byJohn williams March 22, 2014

LEARNING

Fine if blood and language is off

This game is good for kids 9 and up IF blood and language is off. If its on than definitely 17+
Kid, 9 years old March 10, 2014

just turn the blood and language off

turn it off then its ok
Teen, 13 years old Written byMayo72 March 1, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byAsgGamer February 28, 2014

Great Game!

Great game for teens! Common Sense failed to notice that you can turn language and blood/gore off in the settings therefore making it a game good for teens. If you go on multiplayer you might want to consider muting other players because they could be talking about inappropriate topics. Other than that this is a great game for teens and adults.
Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2014

Is call of duty black ops 2 good

Hi,I have halo and I'm am begging my mum into letting me buy call of duty black ops 2. She thinks that ma15+ games are to violent, I have been reading a lot of the reviews on black ops 2 and I have know test that you can tern the blood,gore and language turned off or down. I have told my mum about this which helped me a tiny bit on buying the game, mum just thinks your just going to get a bad inflow wins.
Parent of a 6 and 12 year old Written byAshley Joanesen February 24, 2014

LEARNING

Call of duty is not as bad as you may think...

I was reluctant to let my 12 year old son play Call of duty because it was rated M. He would keep bugging me all the time about how it was not that bad and that all of his freinds had it. I finnaly decided to get it for him after I looked it up on the internet and found out you can actually dial down the blood and gore, turn off the language, and it actually was based on Afghanistan war and it taught him a lot. Another reason i did not want him to have it was I thought he was not mature about it but actually when I got it for him he started to act more mature then ever. Also it's rated M because of language and violence but by the time there in middle school they have basically heard it all and it is not as violent as you may think plus my kids have seen it on TV. When I got it for him he was always hugging me and saying he loved me. It was really nice.
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2014

Black ops II is GREAT!!!

For those who are wondering whether or not Black Ops two is appropriate for children, I'll give you the answer, IT IS. You can turn off the blood and inappropriate content by going onto the options and disabling the graphic content. Turning off the blood will not turn off the blood that appears on the screen when you get attacked but that's not scary. When a person in the game dies, they don't scream or make horrible noises, they just fall to the ground. Although in multiplayer mode, people say "AAAARR!" when they die which is something to note. Zombies doesn't actually have blood and the zombies don't look that scary- they just look like ... well ... normal zombies.
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2014

C.O.D.'s pros & cons

I think that call of duty is inherently a violent game about war and destruction, let's face it, us kids won't get our parents around that. But i think it completely the same thing to "Health Class" it's better for us kids not to know those sort of things, but it's much better to introduce them to kids in a positive way rather than harshly since you don't have any choice but to. I highly recommend this for late fourth graders to early 5th graders.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykingrogerII February 13, 2014

:)) for kids

this game is amazing to play and it has all kinds of educational capabilities. first off the game is based on real war situations and can give a kid all kinds of real sense to what war is. also the controller use makes for strong and sensitive fingers that will help in the real world jobs that require good hand coordination. finally this game is a good fun pass time for board parents and kids.
Parent Written byThe Real Review February 7, 2014

The Real Review of Call Of Duty: Black Ops II

its a awesome game but if your child is under 10 it not appropriate for them...if you child gets ''Call of Duty Black Ops II'' the before they play go into the settings and disable ''Graphic Content'' this desables:Blood And Gore,Strong language,and most of the inappropriate violence
Teen, 17 years old Written byMovieboy321 February 3, 2014

LEARNING

Black ops black with swearing and blood but does still require teamwork and thinking and reasoning

First of all violence is the major factor blood is seen when guns are fired and sometimes gore in zombies mode or any type of gameplay or In multiplayer talking to friends for example and in the campaign and strong and frequent adult language even in multiplayer kids say these swears but if your kids want to get call of duty black ops 2 tell them NOT TO TALK TO STRANGERS! And mild cursing once in a while for some parents or sensitive parents with M games not to Swear at all and for some kids It can be a educational value with face pace thinking and maybe some kids can handle some of it or some kids can't handle it with any first person shooters it depends on your kids brain and learning value but multiplayer requires playstation network membership or for xbox gold membership try it with your kids if they know what's good and bad and if it doesn't work out try RPGs (role playing games like skyrim or fable or diablo games. or historical action games like assassins creed or some action games like tomb raider or halo
Teen, 17 years old Written byCool_Reviews February 1, 2014

Great job CoD.

You have to love Call of Duty, it's such an awesome game series. This is one of the best CoD games. It's so much fun. If you are a CoD fan (like me), you have to buy this game.
Kid, 12 years old January 14, 2014

Not as bad as you think

This game is not Bad as you think. Its like watching star wars the cursing does not matter. Kids at this age hear worse at school. The violence is not bad. All you do shoot one guy he falls down. There is barely any blood. This age is the Call of Duty age.
Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2014

My favorite Call Of Duty game!

This game is really fun and has really cool missions, but has lots of bloody violence and swearing. Any body 15 or 16 and up will love this game, though.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydmendelsohn8 January 7, 2014

THIS GAME IS A BEAST

THIS GAME WAS AWESOME AND THIS IS WHAT MADE ME BUY MORE CALL OF DUTIES.
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2014

Clarifying "No Sexual Content" in BO2

I have beaten Black Ops 2, and it is one of the best CoD games. It is very, very violent. Lots of gore, and the language is very mature. I think it is unnecessary for Frank Woods (character) to drop F-bomb after F-bomb. Instead of saying, he f***ing killed a man! He could have said, he killed a man. Simple as that. I have read parent comments, and they say "there is no sexual content and I don't know what the suggestive themes is all about." I for one, know what it is. In BO 2, there is a scene where you are on a very rich resort, and you are told the target, "Karma" is on the dance floor with your friend. Your friend is convincing her to come with him because bad thing will happen, and you need to convince her as well to come. You walk through a bar, and people drink, and smoke. The Suggestive Themes comes in when if you look over at the wall, you will see a woman pole dancing. But, you can't see anything... The pole is golden, she is golden, it is like a golden hologram on the wall. That is all. You can turn off language and gore, and the. It is fine.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPoopMagee January 3, 2014

Turn off Graphic Content to make the game more stupid, and a tiny bit less fun.

(See bottom for Graphic Content filter) Call of Duty Black Ops II is a game you may have already bought for your kid, but I'm here to lay down the facts about the game's content. This is an obvious sequel to the first Black Ops, as player switch between old friends and faces, to the new soldiers of 2025. Players use sniper rifles, assault rifles, shotguns, and pistols. Large blood splatter is seen when enemies are shot, and enemies can be dismembered by shotguns, revolvers, and explosives. In the single-player, players can make choices revolving around the story. Which can lead to characters dying, surviving, or certain events to happen. There are a handful of violent scenes to go over, so I will. A bound, returning villain is shot in the head, followed by A knife being twisted around in his hand, another bound soldiers knee caps shot off with a shotgun, an the players knee caps shot off as well. A villains brains blown out in a bloody, satisfying scene, a container filled with rotted bodies, surrounded in blood, an ally's brains blown out by the player in an undercover scene, a scene where the player briefly takes control of a villain, and has the choice to either shoot the commander in the leg, or the head with a revolver, another very prolonged scene were you take control of the villain, you stab an "enemy" 3 times in the neck with a shard of glass, and are free to cut off heads and limbs with a machete, as well as wield a shotgun. Only during this scene the player can kill civilians without penalty. In another optional level, your allies deploy tear gas on Yemeni civilians. In a brief scene, Silhouettes of strippers are displayed on the walls. In yet another scene, a villain shoots a female civilian point blank in the head. Some environments depict bloody civilian bodies on the ground. In another sequence of a level, the player enters a cartel in Nicaragua, and cocaine is visible on table, and can cover the players screen if shot. And in an ending scene a characters throat is slit in a retirement home. Drug use is also briefly depicted in a cutscene(one to two seconds.) In yet one more semi-short scene, in the beginning of the game, a soldier is seen burned alive in the back of a truck. Language such as "f**k" "sh*t" "c*cksucker" and less sever words are heard in the dialogue. Though there is an option players can toggle in the options menu: Graphic Content. Disabling graphic content will exclude the following: Blood and Gore(Blood is still visible in some enviroments) Almost every single cuss word. Drug USAGE Gore in the kneecap scene, and every violent scene I talked about.(except for the head or leg scene, no blood depicted) Stripper Silhouettes Note the cussing in Zombies is only severely decreased, but not absent, and voice chat can be disabled or enabled. Voice chat meaning real people can talk to others and say whatever they want uncensored. Talk with your kid.
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2014

COD BO 2

I think a 14 yr old can play it as long as they understand that violence is not fun! NOT FOR TWEENS!
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2013

The Zombies is not for kids

This game has intense scenes of blood and gore it is fine for the teen who plays violent video games. nuff said about campaign. the zombies is what you need to worry about the violence is bad with heads and limbs getting blown off with the gruesome thing crawling on the floor with an undying taste for human flesh. the fear impact is what you need to worry about with hordes of undead surrounding you and no hope for a cure or escape this will inspire GREAT fear into hearts of kids with the worst outcome becoming a child coming down at night with relentless nightmares of zombies eating their bones.... NOT FOR KIDS