All member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Extremely violent military shooter with profanity, drugs.

Teen, 14 years old Written byseanosully July 7, 2015

11 or 12 and up

First off I want to say that blood, gore and language can all be turned off at the beginning of the game. Second, When I say 12 and up I'm talking about mature 12 year olds. And to the parents who won't let their child play this because you don't think they are ready for it, the kid probably knows a lot of stuff you don't think they know. And lastly almost if not all of the cussing is in the campaign, which no one really plays, and in online multiplayer which you can mute players and you don't even need a headset to listen to the people.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynikeultra13ac July 6, 2015

good game but mature

Mature game I've played this game for 2 years and this game swares a lot ESPECIALLY CAMPAIGN. blood is used and the graphics make it look real zombies are scarier for young children
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2015

First Shooter

It's a fun game, being my first shooter. The multiplayer is not bad, bloody screen, a little blood. Campaign is fine, you can take off cussing and graphic content, I've tried both and I prefer if you have little ears to turn off the language and graphic scenes. Zombies is best for the younger kids who want to play a shooter, gave me a few nightmares when I was 9, but got used to it. The characters are in a way good role models, there is good in the game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystuffedp May 28, 2015

Look! it just isn't that bad

Ok, every single argument anyone has against online inappropriateness can be countered easily. You can turn all the language and blood off as many others have said. If you don't want your kids to talk to people online or not be able to see offensive emblems, there are parental controls on the xbox which will block them!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGamerMovieBookGuy May 27, 2015

Good Game But Very Gory

I think that this game is good for mature children . There is a graphic content filter and I think any child under 15 playing should turn graphic content off . This game has a lot of swearing and gore . I liked the player choice but I sadly got the bad ending . In this game you are taught about the horrors of war so that's a plus
Adult Written byCod is Trash May 9, 2015

Trash game dice plz fix the EA

Iz trash plz fix EA
Adult Written byFireFire May 1, 2015

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2

Langauge 10/10: Very strong language, Mild words like stupid to extreme words like c**t! Very offensive. Sex 0/10: Not a problem Violence 10/10: Zombie shooting is very gory, Headshots, blood, explosions and guns, Multiplayer is no better, Shooting blood splatters on the walls/floors sounds very violence, Campaign is very bad to! Drugs 5/10: Smoking, Drinking, Injections!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMINERS DELIGHT April 12, 2015

pretty fun but dont invest into the campaign

this game is good but i wouldnt invest into the campaign its hard so i reccommend the multiplayer and becuase it is 2 years old no one uses the mic so hop on have some fun theres no drugs or violents in multiplayer you shoot the person and they drop to the ground no swearing if you mute everyone and no drugs sex or anything
Adult Written byNitroreviews April 6, 2015

Black Ops II

I'm sure a lot of you parents have looked at the common sense review and said "I'm never gonna let my kids play this", but I'm here to tell you that the game isn't as bad as you think. The campaign is violent and has a suggestive mission included with it, but you can turn the blood and gore off on the main menu and the suggestive part is just a nightclub and if that bugs you, just don't let your kids play the campaign. Zombies mode is graphic, but if you turn off the graphic content it's a lot better, and multiplayer it's hard to notice the blood.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySwaggyTurtleGamer April 1, 2015

Best Call of Duty There will ever be!!!

This is the title. It has the best campaign/multiplayer. The guns are great and so are the maps. It even has Zombie mode! This game is very violent, but I have it and I play it with my 7 YEAR OLD BROTHER! We play multiplayer together, but Zombies is a little to scary for little kids. So I only play that with my friends. Trust me parents, great game for 11 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDiamondEnigma March 28, 2015

best game ever!!!!!

My parents work night and day so i takd care of them and I love this!!! My 6yr old brother plays and is fine! Just dont let angered/raging kids play kids at school use it as a motive to beat people up
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoulouzer26 March 23, 2015

Super inappropriate, but fun!

Goriest most unsettling game, but the funnest! This game is fine throughout multiplayer and zombies however, the campaign is so graphically violent and full of cuss words, that once finished children will never be the same! So if you play this game, TURN OFF THE BLOOD AND CUSSING! In the multiplayer teens create graphically sexual images, to be displayed next to there user name as well! Some people online harass and bully as well!
Adult Written byRobertus March 17, 2015

Fps Fine for my Son

My son bought this game and when i found out what it was i was not worried he has a high level of maturity by that i mean he knows its fake and that its illegal and if your child has a low level of maturity by that i mean that if a child gets a cod game and starts acting immature in 2 hrs of getting it. and this isnt his first cod game he has all main call of dutys all battlefields and Grand theft auto, iv, and V so he can handle it.he even plays with the button that shows gore on, Plus his behavior does not change, To all parents who say these main problems like its worthless and it isnt for kids along with its illegal 1. these games make like billions of dollars over 2 or 3 years. 2. there are more kids who play this game and others like it than teenagers or adults. 3. My son went to gamestop, Grabbed the game, Went to the counter,and bought it. Simple as that all while i was out side the store talking to my boss about a business plan in sight of everything that was happening in the store.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byJoe Sweet March 5, 2015

Not What Was expected!

Call Of Duty Black ops 2 was Judged Wrong By Common Sense Media. My 11 year old Boy Has Been Asking For Call of Duty For The Last couple of Years,And i Have been turning him down,i looked At Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 And its Not A Gory Extremly Violent game As Common Sense Says. Yes There Is Some gore,And Voilence But Its Not Bad At All! And its Completely fine if You Go In to Settings And Turn On graphic Filter It gets Rid Of all The Bad Violence And Blood! In a Touch Of A Button! And If You are worried About Your Kids Turning it Back On Theres A Lock button! Please Check out More of reviews Thanks! -Joe Sweet
Teen, 15 years old Written byOMGitsMIKE March 1, 2015

IT'S OK!

I had to talk my parents into letting me play this. At first they said no. But then I brought up the fact that YOU CAN TURN OFF BLOOD AND GORE. Even still they are carful about what they buy. If you do have problems with other players online, just mute them. I think you should get it because its not as hardcore as other shooters. Also its an over all great game.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydantownr February 9, 2015

Hey, just because it has a little swearing AND you can even turn it off, what are they going to hear and see in high school in a couple years. And have your kids never seen blood? They understand a wound will lead to blood spewing out of the other player, but hey, its just a game
Teen, 13 years old Written byBigBossLt'sGtItOn133 February 9, 2015

Whatever.

There are so many 9 yr old's playing that it doesn't really matter what age should be playing it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjake.H knows it all February 2, 2015

This game is fun and ok for mature kids.

I am 13, my mom let me get this game when I was 12 because none of my friends could actually play it either. I showed her that for the first year that I have the game I would only kill zombies, and I did. Then I said "Mom I am now 13 may I please play killing people in campaign and multiplayer. She said yes, now you are able to turn off the blood and gore, b y going to graphic conetnt in the options button and pressing a or x on play station. Which I did and last but not least the swearing can be turned off by going to voice volume on anything zombies campaign and multiplayer and turning down the voice volume to 0. In conclusion yes a 11 year old who knows that it's just a game can play it.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byHannahFremah January 24, 2015

Amazing Game

My son asked for this game for his upcoming 11 th B-day and I automatically said no as it was rated an 18. I have a big concern about my kids playing games rated 18 as I think they're to Young and I want to protect them from all of this violence. He asked me if I could have a look at this website and I said ok. I read a few reviews and realised how layer back I should be about this game. You CAN turn of all swearing and blood. This game is definately ok for kids aged 11+. It can educate your kids about what's going on on the outside world. Just don't let the sit there staring at it for hours.
Parent Written byparentaladvice02 January 22, 2015

Lets face facts

First of all the cuss words references and some blood can be turned of by a notification when you first play the game. Secondly is blood really that bad, we all bleed we all see violence in movies and if your kid dosnt see these things now when will he/she. I think you should let your kid buy it because lets face facts: your kids friends are probably playing it at home and talking about in school and probably playing it at a friends house. What i done with my kid i shown him the gameplay and i said if its to much for you i can switch it of, but it was alright he didnt go phsyco he didnt have nightmares and he didnt swear so i bought for him