All parent member reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bySokrr November 17, 2010

Overly violent, but (most) blood, gore, and language can be turned off in main menu

Title says it all. There is a "Graphic Content Filter" which blocks most language, blood, and gore.
Adult Written bypilite000 November 17, 2010

Black ops good but bad

I think the games is veary good but i have alot of conserns for this game.I am only half way through campaign and i already have been discusted nomerous times. The language is so bad i have to turn the sound of so no one here's it
Adult Written bygat43 November 16, 2010
violent but one of the charcter's sacfices his life an other soldier.can blow an body to hundreds of peices useing explosive crossbow
Adult Written bysavedsoul694 November 12, 2010

not for younger than 15

this game is very violent and very profane language-wise, unless you use the options to turn off the blood and gore, and censor the language.
Parent Written byogalaga November 11, 2010
You can censor the language because they give you an option in the beginning. This also teaches a lot about the wars in it (Vietnam, Cold War, undercover Cuban war)
Parent of a 17 year old Written byxd23think November 9, 2010

great game

Here is the deal for call of duty black ops what parents need to no is that there is quite a bit of strong langue. the thing with it is there are settings to turn it off if you would like. there is also settings to turn off over the top blood. the violence is not over the top so basically the moral is 11 and up if you turn of the bad gameplay but if you dont do so it is defientally a adult only game.
Adult Written byChew Kok A. September 12, 2016

Contion issues all the time

The game is very fun and detailed but it is almost impossible to connect to lobbies and I have high speed internet. When I do connect 3 out of 10 times it will say connection iturupted and end up taking the entire lobby out of the current match and brim Ben back to the home screen. For such a huge and popular game, their servers suck
Adult Written byTrevor T. August 13, 2016

NOT BAD AT ALL

You can turn off all language and violence and blood and gore which makes this game seem more like a T game
Adult Written byMinecraftGamerz August 7, 2016

Overprotective

Yeah It is violent but one thing. Language: You hear worse in 3rd grade. Violence: News is worse and you allow your kids to watch the news that is real life Mortal Kombat X (We want dead cops? That's worse) If you trust your kid then let him play it. It doesn't make everyone violent. (I'm a kid saying this) and the Warriors show strength and that makes your kids, geeks or not feel like a warrior.
Parent Written byLoveVsFear June 18, 2016

Only for fear-ridden folks.

Only for fear-ridden folks. You know, the kind that are so full of caffeine or other alkaloids that put their adrenal glands in high gear, feeling the need to hide in their cave or have a gun. Please choose love and avoid games like this. I say love because love (compassion!) is the opposite of fear and vice versa. The world has too many fearful people and games like this exacerbates the problem. Most likely because the manufacturer is in fear. Love your neighbor. That's the best way to protect yourself. Why? Because most likely your neighbor is full of caffeine (which exacerbates anxiety) and needs to feel appreciated and acknowledged--and if we all did this the whole world would be better. Parents, please do better for your child. Raise standards for him or her. Guns are for hunting, not for hating. Fearful people with guns is a nightmare waiting to happen. Wake up people. This game is a disgusting example of human behavior. Let us rise above. Overcome your fears and drop your security blankets/weapons. Time to mature beyond violence. Love is the answer. Peace is the way.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byMichael Smith May 20, 2016

Good for teens

This game should NOT be played by anyone under then 13. It has some innopropriate content but however it's not nearly as bad as a lot of movies that are pg 13 or games that are t. As a Christian some content in this game bothers me but I'm fine with most of it. I highly recommend this for kids over 12.
Parent of a 2, 4, 12, and 17 year old Written bySuper U. May 6, 2016

More violent than others, but REALLY COOL.

I love this game. I have it for PS3, and it's awesome. I LOVE THIS GAME. BUY IT. My 12 year old seems to love it too. So does my 17 year old.
Adult Written byJust Power April 10, 2016

Call of Duty, Violent.

Call of Duty is a very fun game , but it is very violent. It can confuse the child's brain with all the gun shots, and the child can start being more obessessed with the game and can start being crazy or going crazy and want to shot people . It has bad language and their is violence. In multiplayer mostly the point of the game is to kill people.
Adult Written byJustsomenormalguy April 2, 2016

14 and up

I think kids 14 and up are fine but below 14 is just not right because many children ages 6-9 are making the game even worse by screaming and raging.If your parents wont buy you the game just buy online on your own using steam.psn or xbox by buying the cards like steam gift cards.
Educator Written byEnder64 February 29, 2016
Educator Written byteachfromtheheart February 29, 2016

Inappropriate

I think this is an inappropriate game for children of any age. With all of the violence and drugs and negative things going on in the world this is not something children should be playing.
Educator and Parent Written byYpinedo February 29, 2016
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjamiedawson December 25, 2015

great for kids 12 and up

i think call of duty: black ops is great for age 12 and up. there is also a setting where you can disable/enable graphic content (blood, gore, language) , all though there are still words like hell, damn etc... but only on campaign. but if your playing online people could cuss great game.
Parent Written byyomama1738 November 17, 2015
you can turn blood and language off
Adult Written bymonkey boy June 22, 2015

It isn't that bad

This game has a graphic content filter.it cuts out a lot of foul language.You don't hear the F word once with the filter on.With the filter on you don't see much blood.If you have the filter off you will see lots of blood and a lot of foul language will be heard.This game is very fun.