Kid reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Superb but violent shooter is definitely for adults only.

Teen, 13 years old Written byGlory._.broken February 10, 2019

11+

I honestly think that this game is awesome. Although it has bad language and violence it doesn't mean anything as long you know not to do it, unless your super crazy to do it. Also I hear and see worse things at school and I also always hear bad words I even say them. And the violence is nothing unless like I said you know not to do that then your all good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIceeazy7 February 7, 2019

multiplayer sucks but zombies and campaign is awesome

there is some swears and violence but all you have to do is turn off the blood and swearing
Teen, 13 years old Written byThatOneMediaReviewer December 25, 2018

Best Campaign Narative of all the Call of Dutys

This is the ultimate version of Call of Duty. You play as Alex Mason playing through the Cold war/ Vietnam, It is violent but you can turn off language, blood, gore, and disturbing content. And to be truthful the only reason they put it in there, is for it to seem more cinematic. The local multiplayer is fun to play with a friend. The zombies mode is fun, but not for anyone under 10, but if you're scared your child is gonna play any modes you do not want them playing, you can block them. If you choose not to block the language it is very infrequent.

Teen, 14 years old Written bywutadetadu October 22, 2018

13+

I believe teenagers should be able to play any game with blood and gore, as long as you can turn it down/off. Most parents don't mind blood and gore, but instead they focus on torture scenes. First of all, I personally only want to play the zombie mode on CoD Blackops 4, because if I wanted to play a gamemode like Blackout, I would play a cartoon animated game like Fortnite. Second of all, if I were to play the Campaign mode with the torture and other aspects like that, then I would just push the "Skip" button that CoD Blackops 4 has included in their game specifically for people that don't want to see those types of things, or just want to get to the gameplay instead of watching there 2-5 minute in game videos, but I probably won't play the Campaign mode just because I can't play multiplayer with my friends (The real reason I play any video game is to play and talk with my friends btw, and I'm sure that is the same reason for most, if not all teens).
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbas299 September 18, 2018

Get Black Ops 4

It has some language, but you can limit that on some settings
Teen, 13 years old Written byJJwinnerboy September 7, 2018

Sex alrighty don’t put it in there

This shiiiit that your doing with boobs in games i need to stop if you gonna put boobs out penisis it’s not right good game zombie to to easy better on PS4 shiit on Xbox is crap kids all can play It

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byeliminator310 September 1, 2018

You Can turn off everything bad

You can turn off blood and gore and cussing but its not even that bad and this game is fun

Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2018

Gore is not bore

I got a Wii pro controller when i was in Kilkenny. But I already knew cod mw was not compatible with Wii pro controllers .But I knew black ops was so when we were in Kilkenny i passed buy Cex so we went in and ifound it for a fiver so I got it. when we got home i decided after unpacking to play it and ifound it one of the best cods ever.Warning: even though i said it was fun it s gory some kids my age could not handle some of the scenes like knife in the eye moment but if your kid has already played an 18 rated cod. Some of the old ones aren't as violent so keep that in mind because this is way darker then cod 3. I will make sure to update my review later.

Teen, 13 years old Written byratguy55 August 18, 2018

M..... Don't you think that's a bit extreme?

I love this game because I am really into the U.S army. Sure there is blood and sometimes Gore but it warns you after you set up the game and can be turned off! I would totally recommend this game to you if you are into the military (like me)!

Teen, 15 years old Written bygregsandberg_ August 10, 2018

Teen, 15 years old Written byBroganHeller June 14, 2018

for 12 and up but not the reason ur thinking

this game is amazing as the first cod I ever played it is very nostalgic. You should know that the campaign is very good the seen in the prison with Reznov is amazing but the reason I say 12 plus is because if u buy this for ur kids the will not be good at the multiplayer till alot practice so they need to know not to give up if they. aren't as good when they start
Kid, 12 years old February 11, 2018

I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME BUT...

This game is very violent
Violence: 9/10. You literally blow people up into guts, stab people, shoot them and blood spills everywhere, and more.
Sex: 0/10.
Language: 9/10 F**k, and many others used frequently

Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2017

VERY VIOLENT GAME

First of all let me just say this is an amazing game with three awesome game modes such as Campain (story mode) nazi zombies and multiplayer but something thwy all have in commen VERY VIOLENT. okay so the multiplayer and zombies aren't as bad as campain because in campain the is a part when you shoot someone in the head and it zooms on the bullet and slowmotions until it hits him. also there is lots of swearing and inaapropriate lines in the game. it a really fun and good game but maybe not for kids younger than eleven or twelve

Kid, 10 years old November 4, 2017

Good and not as violent as they say

Yeah I know they have a child mode and if I was rating it on child mode it would be 10 + because of mild language. But this is for without child mode, Language 7/10 there is lots of F bombs an s words in this game that you can avoid by doing child mode or not doing the campaign.Violence 4/10 this was the first COD to feature full blood and some gore, if you shoot someone there is only some blood (very hard to see) , but if you do zombies heads and legs and arms come off frequently so for zombies mode violence is 8/10 . Stabbing a person / zombie shows more blood that flows into the floor .Sex 0/10 no sex or crude humor

Teen, 17 years old Written bydrubie19 October 24, 2017

amazing game

awesome game amazing multiplayer along with an amazing campaign it has an option to turn off blood that helps as well.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShibas_Hack_Inu October 4, 2017

Black ops - story to zombies

To start, off multiplayer and campaign are pretty good. Ages 10 and up for the multiplayer and campaign I think, if your child is mature enough. All it has is some swearing such as the s word all the way to the f word, however, I'm gonna stick with the zombies portion as that's what i play COD for. Zombies should be somewhere around 13 I think, and here are my reasons you should be more mature for it. For one reason there is more swearing than in the story line and multiplayer. As well as an insane German as the main protagonist; he says some perv comments here and there when getting weapons out of the mystery box or during other things. But over all not too many things like that. I'm also saying in multiplayer and zombies other players can use microphones which can be muted, but you're stuck listening to them if you're on the loading screen. That's all from me, otherwise fun!

Teen, 14 years old Written byGrandBikeRider September 13, 2017

Fun game but not for young children and teens under 16.

This is a very violent game. That is 100% true and I do agree. But I don't agree that anyone under 18 should play it.
Honestly, teens at least 16 years old could most likely handle it.

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2017

Dark entry to Black Ops series

This game is during the cold war and is very dark. Players will see constant blood and gore, especially on Zombies mode. F--k, s--t, along with other profanity is used. NOT for below 16.

Teen, 16 years old Written byAmandaHillside June 23, 2017

Ok for kids

I think it's ok for kids to play. I myself am a teen, and play this ga,e with no filters, which is violent, but when you turn the filters on, it makes the game less violent. I think kids over the age of ten should already know that killing, drugs, and violent language isn't ok. I would still advise parents to talk to there child about that kind of stuff before they start getting violent themselves.

Teen, 17 years old Written byEvilSPORK April 2, 2017

Since 6

I've been playing this game since I was 6 and its amazing I've heard all the cursing from my parents fighting before and I know better than to swear so if ur parents don't let u tell them up can look up how to turn blood and Gore off I prefer though that zombies is played at at least 10yrs old if they arent afraid of zambies. BE AWARE OF ONLINE USAGE AND TURN OFF MUTE OTHER PLAYERS WHO SWEAR. I am a gamer though and have gone to E3 CONVENTOINS TWICE so I think I know what I am talking and get ready for state tests in PA HOPE U ALL DO A GOOD JOB KIDDOS.

Privacy & Safety