Kid reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Superb but violent shooter is definitely for adults only.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRandomBoi2004 March 29, 2017

Profane and Gory but great

The thing about this is not the parents reviewing "AHHHHWW THIS IS THE MOST VICONT IM TYPING 2 QUICK AGE RECOMMAEND 21 EARS OOLLD!" its the violence and the profanity, theres 50+ f words and milder and normal R-rated swearing, and the violence is pretty gross, for example: in the 5th or 6th mission there's Dr. Clark hurt and tied then *don't read with your children* put a shard of glass in his mouth and PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH he is spitting glass and of course BLOOD
This will cause some players to cringe a little
but i recommend 14 year olds to play IFF
They could handle the swearing and the torture
Now i go out! *jumps out window*

Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolpool785 February 16, 2017

Good, but brutal campaign

This is a great game, but the campaign is gory and brutal at times. In the PC versions, you can turn the blood and language off, but not in the other systems. I played the ps3 version. Lots of swearing and violence. In campaign, you can shoot off enemies limbs with high caliber weapons and explosives like shotguns, RPGs, grenades, etc. You can also melee enemies with knifes, leaving a puddle of blood on the floor. There are brutal interrogation scenes in cut-scenes, and some done by the character(s) you play as. There is one scene in a level where a Russian engineer won't talk, you brake a window, grab a shard of the glass, put it in his mouth, and punch him in the mouth twice, resulting in him coughing up blood and glass pieces. There is another scene where a Russian beats a man in the head to death with a pipe when he doesn't play "Russian Runlet" (a Russian game where people take a revolver, put one bullet in the chamber, and take turns shooting at there own heads until someone dies.) Your character (SPOILER) grabs the gun, pulls the trigger,and at the same time, turns the barrel at the nearest guard, and kills him, grabs the guard's gun, and uses the guards corpse as a shield as you kill almost everyone else in the room. (SPOILER OVER) Anyone who can handle "Saving Private Ryan" can handle the campaign, but there is a zombies and multiplayer part of the game. In zombies, you don't fight humans, you fight fictional creatures called: zombies. The violence is not to different from campaign, but you can explode heads easier. But they're zombies, they can't feel anything. In zombies, there is a map that takes place in a Nazi castle, so there are swastikas just about every where all over the map, some people may be offended by this. Multiplayer is TOTALLY different from campaign and zombies. If Call of Duty was only multiplayer, it would probably be rated "T" for "Teen." The worse that happens is when you melee someone and blood appears for a split second. Over all, the scores are: campaign: 15+(or anyone who can handle Saving Private Ryan), Zombies: 14+, and Multiplayer: 13+

Teen, 13 years old Written byspartanc47 January 12, 2017

tons of languag and good bit of violence

fun game, with graphic content on violence would be 8 out of 10 and language 9 out of 10. with graphic content turned off I would give it a 6 out of 10 and language a 6 out of 10.

Kid, 10 years old September 13, 2016

10+ and 18+

Well the campaign is 18+ so i mean my friend who has a older step-brother
who plays games like this. He said he saw his step-brother playing the campaign. And the bad guys were making a good guy eat glass. Glass! do you real want your kids seeing that! Now the multiplayer is ok. real ok.

Teen, 14 years old Written byjosephsun September 12, 2016

not a bad game

This game is not bad I was playing this game when i was in elementary and as a child of a vet this game is not relistic at all so you have nothing to worry abour

Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2016

Mature Ten yr Olds and Up

Once graphic content is turned of, violent scenes are skipped, swearing is left out, blood and the smudges of gore are turned off, I play with graphic content off and have seen almost nothing disturbing except for drawn images of genitals as gamer profile pictures although these are almost unnoticable while ingame. There is no promotion of drugs, drinking or smoking while online, stear clear of campaign mode. No sex.

Teen, 17 years old Written byCoD Lover September 1, 2016

Come on. Quit being dramatic and actually TRY IT

I've beaten the game countless times. Its fun and not as bad as people say. Yeah theres language. But u can turn it off. Along with blood. The worst word u hear with it turned off is Hell. So quit being dramatic and actually play it. Then write an honest review. And of course theres violence. Its a military themed FPS game. What do u expect!

Kid, 8 years old August 12, 2016

Not as bad as you think

Black ops has a lot of sex and language but is not as violent as common sense said.

Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2016

Horrible Intense Violence

This is really violent and anyone under 10 should not play

Teen, 14 years old Written byjackthegamer July 5, 2016
if ur against gun games why just why are you against them i recomend this game for any kid 7 and up if you wont u cane turn off cuss words if you wont
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2016

Best Shooter Ever

It cusses but your kid should be able to play it without worry. Zombies mode it awesome to play with a friend on split screen but you should get a friend with you and play online. The campaign is not bad. It's a fun game to play. If your getting into first person shooters pick up this and modern warfare 2. They are a affordable pair as they cost 7.99 at game stop (black ops by it's self is 4.99 while modern warfare cost 2.00.) I recommend i for ages 8 and a half and up

Teen, 13 years old Written byUsername Taken June 19, 2016

Depends who is playing

There are normally 3 game modes in Call of duty games, Campaign, Multiplayer and zombies. Campaign is probably 16+ in my opinion because there are some pretty brutal scenes such as slaughtering civilians, stabbing, hanging, torture and some other things that are not mentionable so that's a no for kids. Multiplayer still contains blood but it can be turned off and that makes it playable for kids since that makes it no more violent than a 12 rated game. In zombies you take the role of a survivor of a zombie apocalypse, spraying down hoards of zombies as you progress through the rounds so I would say thats 16+ . Don't trust any news reports on this one as they put it into the same group as GTA and some other horrific games. But at the end of the day it's YOUR CHILD, YOUR DECISION

Teen, 14 years old Written byEnglishPenguin June 6, 2016

Ignore the Campaign, and its a good game.

REVIEW: (content info below)
Black ops is okay, its not amazing (especially if you play it after bo2 or 3.) The graphics are reasonably well done, and the weapons feel infinitely more realistic than most games, (something that is not necessarily good). The multiplayer is mediocre though, especially lately due mostly to the large number of hackers. The games maps are also feel boring, too large, or not well done. The Zombies game-mode is quit enjoyable though, owing partially to the fact that its maps layout is well done. The campaign is boring slow, and feel s exactly the same as any other BO3 campaign, minus the new content. Overall COD fans may enjoy this game, the low price acts as incentive to purchase this ok game, if you like COD and don't care for anything new, you should enjoy this.

CONTENT
Black ops contains large amounts of violence, blood, and language. Its not the bloodiest game out there, (blood and language can be disabled) but the violence is towards humans during an actual historical time period, not some distant future.
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2016

Not bad..

It is fine if you can handle a little blood, I dont play the game alot, but the only bad violence is the knifes, they are really bad like 13 or 14+

Teen, 13 years old Written byPeter10 April 9, 2016

Great

It is a very good game. There is violence but not much gore, the enemy just fall to the ground. Also you should note that the enemies are EVIL, they are really bad people and they are definatly the villains. Language is bad but is used in life and death situation and every 12 year has heard all of them. Very good game that is unjustly graded I my opinion.
Teen, 14 years old Written byihateageratings March 30, 2016

not for adults only but for mature kids

Over reaction there is know such thing as an adults only game but this is violent a man is stabbed in the eye and the most disturbing part is when you torcher a villain not by threatning him with a knife or a gun but by smashing a window feeding him at broken glass and punching him in the face untill he gives you what you want the bad guy is a very bad man and you drawn him at the end not for kids but not for adults only mature 12 year olds or any 14 year olds can play

Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveCSM March 10, 2016

Great shooter

This is a really great shooter video game that is part of the popular Call of Duty franchise. Its good for 8 and up, the only bad thing is violence, but you are in the shoes of a military guy, so there are some positive messages. (You can turn off the gore and profanity if desired.)

Kid, 10 years old February 27, 2016

for DS It's rated T for blood and gore, Violence

although not really good graphics. one thing, ask your parents can you get this as long as you don't play zombies. and when people get hit by a knife
a little puff of blood. if your a kid only get the DS version. all other versions are M 17+. so just DS version
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Reel Aisle Seat December 25, 2015

"Call of Duty: Black Ops" Review

"Call of Duty: Black Ops" has been one of the most popular games on the Playstation 3 since its release back in 2010. This game is deserving of this popularity, but it is safe to say that a good number of young teens or even pre-teens play this game. This isn't a good thing. "Call of Duty: Black Ops" is an extremely violent game. I will touch on this a bit later. In terms of quality, it is an excellent game. It rights most of the wrongs that "Call of Duty: World at War" suffered from. The gameplay is much smoother this time around, the graphics are better, and the game is more fun to play. It also expands on Zombie Mode, providing even better maps, and giving a little bit more of a narrative to the mode. The online multiplayer is also lots of fun, and isn't really loaded with hackers. There are less players than there are in "Black Ops II", but I never had a hard time getting into a game. Online Zombies mode is probably the best feature of the whole game, in my opinion. However, some of the same flaws from "World at War" do linger in "Black Ops". The campaign doesn't really develop some of its characters, though it does a little better this time around. The biggest flaw in the game is that your fellow soldiers aren't helpful at all. The series gained popularity because it was the first to really grasp the realism of being a soldier in an army, where you fight alongside your fellow soldiers. That concept isn't really there in this, instead I felt like I was carrying all the weight. With practice, though, this shouldn't be too much of an issue. Overall, "Call of Duty: Black Ops" is probably one of my favorite games on the Playstation 3, since it manages to stay interesting and fun, and containing lots and lots of replay value to go with it. PARENT'S GUIDE: I was in the same boat with this game as I was with "Call of Duty: World at War". It is rated M, but my parents let me get it because it has a graphic content filter. Strong bloody violence is limited in this. There is absolutely no blood, and strong language is replaced with less vulgar words. I never encountered any blood or gore in online play, though players do have the ability to communicate with other players via a headset. I don't have one, so it wasn't much of an issue. The reason why I am giving this a 15+ compared to "World at War", which I gave a 14+, is because this game's cutscenes are still pretty violent, probably moreso than in "World at War". The blood is completely gone, but the content itself isn't muted as much. Uncensored, this game is like a hard-R movie. I have watched other parental video reviews of this game, and it is really bloody. Gunshots will result in lots of blood flying, and the game is filled with brutal meelee moves that in some cases almost made me naucious due to all of the blood. If this game is uncensored, kids shouldn't play this at all. If they are willing to swallow their pride and turn on the content filter, it should be okay for most teens. Recommended Age (Censored): 15+, Mature 12+, Uncensored: 18+, Mature 17+

Teen, 14 years old Written bypatrickmutch December 15, 2015

Amazing.

Black Ops has one of the best storylines I have ever seen in a game. It is just great. It does have language, gore, and violence, but can be turned down greatly in settings, by turning off "Graphic Content." Great game though.