Kid reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Superb but violent shooter is definitely for adults only.

Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2015

Its not like Mortal Combat or GTA V

Its ok Chizzle out it does not really bad profane cursing like God....it or Mother....er or Jesus Christ though online mode yes you could hear it if he user Uses A Mic For Playstation 3 XBOX 360 ZOMBIES MODE USES A LOTS OF GORE ITS WORTH YOUR 20 DOLLARS ITS NOT AS BAD AS WORLD AT WAR OR MW2 WITH GORE REMEMBER BE WITH YOUR KID WHEN THEY FIRST BOOT IT UP IT SAYS DO YOU WANT TO TURN OFF CURSING AND BLOOD TELL YOUR KID CLICK YES !!!

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byniceguy August 9, 2015

not as bad as you think

this game is not that bad. it is just a little blood and some people loose limbs. there is some swearing but the f word is only said a couple times. very little smoking at all. overall it is a great learning experience to teach tweens and teens about what is real and fake. i personally love this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOzhowlett August 8, 2015

Please read

OK I am 14 and for this game there are 3 modes, campaign multiplayer and zombies each I will talk about separately. First the campaign. This is not suitable for young children for many reasons. 1 this game is set in the cold war and to truly get it you need to be older, 2 during the game you find out about a gas called Nova 6 and you have to get it, and then see the results first hand, now that bit is very gory. You then have a bit were you watch someone kill a defensless man. Not to mention during the entire game you are being tortured. So that should not be played by people under 11-12 and they should be meture and that is the very youngest. The multiplayer. It isn't actually that gory. My only problem, please don't let them have a microphone or if others do mute them because can't go 2 minutes without an 8 year old swearing. I would rate that 10 mature. And zombies. OK I know a 14 year old who turns it down because it is scary and he has a point. Also with young children turn down voice volume because the American will make innuendos nicholi will swear Richthofen is a crazy German doctor and the other guy, meh. It depends on the child but I would never put that near anyone under 11 and they would have to be mature and have no voice volume. Also good game. But main core can be turned off and so can swearing. There is no drugs or sex in the game at all

Teen, 14 years old Written bymad about tv August 8, 2015

great fun

Black ops is very violent but it has a great plot which can be quite confusing. Swearing is frequent but not worse than f--k

Kid, 8 years old July 9, 2015

Outstanding,amazing,fun,entertaining game is insanely violent and extremely bloody/disturbing/graphic.

This games violence is extremely strong and extremely graphic, characters even women are stabbed,shot,burned,crushed,blown to bits,have there limbs blown off,heads severed,brutal torture,and spurting,splattering,pooling,gurgling,gushes,pools of very strong gore and blood,the whole game is very suspenseful and extremely realistic. There is also tons of strong language including f--k s--t d--k b---h and w---e. This game is extremely fun,amazing,cool,slick,entertaining,exciting,amazing,fantastic and its a kind of game thats addictive and never gets old. My rating:M for strong gory war violence,brutal torture,gory images,pervasive language,and disturbing images throughout.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIlovepizza May 19, 2015

DSWTYHJRSGDTYGHG`

GOOD

Teen, 13 years old Written byawesomejdf8426 March 25, 2015

Good Game for Kids 10 and Up

I am a kid who lives in a good Christian family. This game is playable for kids 10 and up. Why? Because with filters on, there is no blood, gore, language (exept for d***, a**, and h***), or disturbing images. As long as you or your kid knows that it is not real the game should be good to go. Now depending on your kid(s) maturity level, that is a different story. I hope this review helped make your decision!

Teen, 13 years old Written byRealisticReviews March 9, 2015

Take a better look

I think if parents care enough to look deeper into the game then they would realize the m rating is sometimes exaggerated. Nowadays the m rating is a very large category compared to the t rating. There are the not super bad games like call of duty and halo which should be rated t. Then there are the games that actually should be rated m like gears of war or dead island or something similar. There are also games like gta (and mabye saints row) that are a very bad and might fall into that ao or 18 and up category. This game does have moments where you can see the bullet zoom in close up to an enemy's head or limbs are shot off. In one scene there is a mild torture scene where a man is clubbed to death. I honestly think it's good for some people to realize life is not all pretty and war is a pretty screwed up thing. It will give some younger people a realistic sense of the violence that happens in the world (not to say call of duty is because it has lots of unrealistic action scenes). I think it's a good idea to get a sense of what really happened in the Cold War and Vietnam rather than the crap teachers feed you at school. Overall I think all call of dutys (mabye except world at war because it was over the top bloody in some scenes) should be rated t for teen or 13 and up
Teen, 15 years old Written bydantownr February 9, 2015

good

I wouldnt say it it as bad as the others

Teen, 17 years old Written byThegamecritic January 24, 2015

Great for early teens.

This game is great for kids growing older. It's great because it's fun to play with friends and I've had some great times playing these games as well.

Kid, 11 years old December 18, 2014

Good... could use less language

Great game im 10 but when I paly i have to keep the volume down so you dont hear F*ck ,Sh*t or D*mn evry 30 seconds. I think its fun but could use less language same with Black Ops 2.

Kid, 11 years old December 8, 2014

Awesome!

Great new game. Love it. The game is based around war and violence and there is lots of bloody fights, but all the blood can be turned off in the options, making it a child friendly game. The strong language is also frequent, but this this can be turned off also in the options. If you turn graphic content off in options, this is great for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byspodermen December 3, 2014

Age 15+

Overall, I can honestly say that this is a good game. However, there are a couple key factors you might want to touch base on if you are considering on buying this game for your child. First off, think about what you want your child to be watching. My mom almost never let's me play games like these because of the excessive violence and realistic graphics, making the gaming experience much more of a reality rather than a game. I can also agree with my mom for those reasons. While this game may be fun, I know the fine line between a video game and real life.

Secondly, if your child is below the age of 15 and you still decide to purchas the game, know that there is an option at the begining of the game to permanently turn off blood and gore. While the game may be a lot less violent, it is still a military shooter game and you are still shooting fire arms at the opposing team.

Also, if your child has had a violent history/reacts poorly to violence, this game is not the right one for your kid. A good substitute to this game is minecraft. It is kid friendly and teaches children arcitectual design. I'm 13 years old and I am still enjoying a game built for 8 year olds.

So in the lon run, I think that Call of Duty: Black Ops II is a good game for teens ages 15+. Any age below should have the censored settings on and should play this game on occasion with a couple of friends. Ages 10 and below should not be allowed to play the game at all. Hope this helped!

Privacy & Safety
Kid, 10 years old November 25, 2014

Too violent. Period. Blood, guts, weapons. Don't get it, parents!

Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2014

Great game! Although a lot of gore.

Ok, this game is rated M for a reason. It has a lot of stong language. And quite a bit of blood and gore. I started playing this game since it came out, and I was about 6-7. I loved the game, especially the multiplayer. Altough as I grew I started the campaign and then I started to see why it was rated M. There's tons of language and gore. And the zombies are even better.

Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams November 22, 2014

So d*mn awesome.

I LOVE Call of Duty: Black Ops. I play on my Wii a lot. It so fun to play, cool, and action packed. I'm also very good at it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySWAGTASTICgamer12 November 19, 2014

THE BEST SHOOTER GAME!

this game is the best first person shooter of 2010 and up!
there is alot swearing, intense violence and a 2 on drugs.
and a 2 on Easy to play.
over all my age for this game would be twelve!
PS.not recommended for younger than 12.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBobbybro109 October 20, 2014

R great game for pre-teens

Parents should know it is a really good game when I played campaign I learned and found out information on the bay of pigs yes it does have lots of violence and sure a good amount of swearing start out by sitting alongside your child and explain to him what is going on the first mission you go to assasinate Fidel Castro and he is seen on top of a bed with woman when you break Dow doors he takes the woman hostage and you shoot slow-mo threw his head the woman the grabs a shotgun and attempts to shoot you you then shoot her and your teammate bowman then makes the remarke "Crazy b**** he tries to get her killed and she tries to protect him?" After sitting threw campaign try zombies with you kid and deicide if you feel comfrey le with the amount of blood,swearing and sexual references then I feel multiplayer is fine but please TURN OF VOICE CHAT!!! The players in voice chat will range from the age of 18-40
And they use non-stop very colorful language along with more then plenty of uses of F***,S***,B****and more! That is the one thing you must do
Overall great game I hope I helped with your decision

Teen, 13 years old Written byDarksouls444 September 5, 2014

Ghosts and this are the best out of the series

this is the bomb also ghosts I like how you have flashbacks all the way to the Vietnam war and other battles but avoid the online multiplayer its very hostile if you open your mouth some litte kid will tell you to shut the f**k up you little b*tch or some teen will call you a [email protected] because you shot them or you stole there kill or you stab them in the back and say "this kid" a billion times or call you a troll or your hacking

Teen, 13 years old Written byiwouldtrustme13 August 28, 2014

iwouldtrustme16

has a graphic content filter so its not that bad has a great campaign good mulitiplayer has the best zombies and its just alot of fun