Kid reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Superb but violent shooter is definitely for adults only.

Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2014

Behind Black Ops

COD Blacks Ops is a fun game, but not educational in any way.

Kid, 10 years old July 26, 2014

not for kids of any age or teens.

this game has slashing with knives and choking and the blood and gore is a problem but the words they say is sow bad. sample get the f**k out of the way. wake the f**k up. I need some god**n help. and oh s**t.

Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2014

Good for mature kids 9 and up

I think this is a great game and recommend it to anybody who has a kid 9 and up who is mature. If the kid barley gets in trouble then sure. But if the kid is bad and gets in trouble frequently then no.
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2014

not for kids.

this game has smoking in it and a big 7foot guy gets in axe and stabs someone in the back and blood is allover the place. this game is a major gory shooter and bad words like f**k s**t a** d*** and h**l bi*** bas**** the game very fun but its just not ok for kids how come this game is so very bad don't let any kid play this game

Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2014

FUN but the cursing and violence is way too much

This game has allot of violence. It also uses the word F**K countless times,
it also uses H*LL, A**,S*IT and D**N. But you can turn off that and replaces F**K,A**,D**N and S*IT with @#$%^. The game is veary bloody. This game has no sex or nudity.

Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2014

the BEST

really fun but words like f**k s**t a** he** d**n bas**** bit** and major blood heads blow up with blood and slashing with knives and meleeing and they say the f word to many times

Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2014

FUN.

BAD WORDS BUT FUN.

Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2014

This Can be a Clean Game

At the beginning of this game, it asks if you want to turn off the graphic content. If you do, then this game is good for kids 12+, although if you do Campaign mode you may here some minor language. But all you have to do is turn off the voices in settings. This game is a good game for tweens and teens!
Teen, 15 years old Written byawesome570257023572 May 12, 2014

i have game I'm 11

some people might not know call of duty so well so I'm going to name you some other video games and movies that are similar to cod. the hangover, 21 and over, assassins creed, far cry 3, family guy, cleveland show, thats my boy, friday the 13th, the dictator. LOTS OF GUNS!! TONS OF swear words like fu*k and sh*t and di*k and ass, bitc* motherfu*ker dipsh*t and retard and bastard. lots of sexual themes like woman's private parts and bo**s

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byGrantmax18 May 6, 2014

call of dutys serve our country

Dear parent's im shere your kids have asked for this type if war game I say this is no ordinary duty game this has extensive violent and blood and gut but keep reading this is a game were u can tern of language and blood and gut and u should let your chiled have this great game

Teen, 13 years old Written byHockeyRules13 April 18, 2014
While there is blood and violence, it is free from any sexual content making it ok for ages 11 and up. But make sure when your kids are playing online that the only people on thier friends list are people they know.
Kid, 12 years old February 19, 2014

The media hypnotises us

This game can disable blood, gore, language, sexual content, drugs etc. on a tool called safety mode. What a shame that most parents and the media (including common sense!) don't notice this. However, I do not reccomend zombies because it is quite scary and gory. Luckily I despise zombies. It is a good way to learn about the wars in history so I would rate it 3 and a half stars educational. Sign a contract with your child, if he swears or hurts people constantly then ban it from him. You have every right to. On unfortunate occasions kids have killed people due to playing this game. I blame the parents! Bad parenting! They should turn on the safety mode!
Anyways I hope you get this for your child that's age 12 and up. Peace! And love the England

Teen, 17 years old Written byMovieboy321 February 4, 2014

Superb but has pros and cons also

First when I saw it I wondered if it was worth it but I tried it so I loved it back in 2011 has good graphics for 2010 when it came out but violence was the major con using tons of guns and firepower, helicopters Etc and frequent and explicit language and multiplayer zombies or campaign everyone stands up for each other and kids need to learn how to cooperate with friends and other people during their lifetime and other people they may not like and children need to know right from wrong and multiplayer tell your kids to play with friends and other people that they know. IT IS ONE OF THE MOST BLOODIEST GAMES I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY YEARS OF GAMING

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 17 years old Written byCool_Reviews January 31, 2014

My 2nd favorite Call of Duty game.

Call of Duty: Black Ops is a great game. It's the 2nd best CoD game next to Call of Duty: Ghosts. It's so much fun and just awesome. I play it all the time.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPoopMagee January 3, 2014

If you wan't, turn off Graphic Content.

(Scroll down to see info on the Graphic Content filter)
Call of Duty Black Ops is a first person shooter game that I'm sure all the whippersnappers have heard about(I'm one of them). You take the role of Alex Mason, a soldier being tortured by Castro and a fictional character by the name of Dragovich. Somewhat of the Majority of this game Alex Mason,(from a first person point of view) is interrogated throughout the story line,and is sometimes tortured with electricity, as well as being able to see torture tools set on the table(Never used) Players use flamethrowers, assault rifles, SMG's, Shotguns, etc. Splashes of blood are seen from enemies when they are shot, and can be dismembered with shotguns, explosive crossbow bolts, LMG's, and other heavy artillery. In one brief sequence, Players are required to shove glass into a characters mouth during an interrogation, causing blood to run down his chin. In another prolonged sequence, the player plays Russian Roulette, and there is a a lot of intense moments and profanity in the sequence, as well as a character beaten to death with a pipe.(To the head) Cutscenes also depict very graphic and disturbing(real) photo's of body's affected by Nova Gas. In one WWII level, some swastikas(Nazi symbols) are present in the environment. That level also depicts a very graphic scene were a character is killed with Nova Gas. and in another scene, players have the choice to slit soldiers throats in their sleep. There is also some brief tobacco use, and reference. The beginning of the the game depicts A large smoke clouds, followed by the sound of a lighter. And one character is briefly depicted smoking a cigarette in 2 dramatic or cinematic scenes. The words "f**k", "s**t", "da*n", "a*s" and "a*shole" "hell" and "bi*ch" is heard frequently in the dialogue. Though, there is an option players are allowed to toggle: Graphic Content. Here is a list of what disabling Graphic Content does:
No gore, less blood.
Profanity: "f**k", "sh*t", "a*shole", and different instances of the word "bi*ch"
The sequence with glass being placed in a characters mouth
The graphic-ness of the gas shower scene.
The Graphic Content feature DOES NOT exclude blood from online multiplayer, or online zombies.
Please note that the D.S. version of this game is completely different, and that the Wii Version doesn't depict Gore in the single-player story.
The online Multiplayer also contains, voice chat. Meaning players can say whatever they want, so I'd be cautious about that.
Talk with your kid, and discuss this content with him.

Teen, 16 years old Written bytonytorresan884 December 25, 2013

Call of Duty is so cool!

This game is so cool. I play it when I get home from school sometimes. I'm pretty good at shooting in this game. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 seems pretty cool as well.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykyleyo9 December 13, 2013

Very well adapted to kids

Honestly, I know more kids who play this game than adults. It's a fun multiplayer game and most people only play multiplayer, which has barely any bad language. Players die very fast and it's hard to look at a body and see any blood before the player dies. So blood and gore isn't too much of a problem. Lots of multiplayer servers ban swearing (like I said, I know more kids than adults who play this), so this game has definitely been adapted to kids playing it. It's fun and some black ops games are actually rated t.

Teen, 16 years old Written byPreparation H November 11, 2013

Very fun, but extremely violent

This game is extremely violent during Campaign mode, with graphic executions and torture - I think there is one part where you actually torture someone, deciding when and how to throw punches. While the campaign is violent, multiplayer is far from. There is almost no blood, and things happen so fast you can't really even tell whether someone is shot, stabbed, or blown up. The main purpose of the game is to kill virtual people, which is, in my opinion, completely unacceptable for young kids. There is an option to turn off graphic content, but the idea of killing humans is still the main idea in the game. I think that if teens can understand the difference between the game and real life, and that they see what the purpose of the game is, I think its OK for 15 and up. Even with the graphic filter on, I don't think kids should play it. To those parents who are letting their 10-year olds play it, what are you thinking? Also, if you read peoples' reviews on this site and still let your ten year old play it, please tell them to stop swearing and threatening on voice chat during multiplayer matches. It's very rude and distracting.

Violence aside, I find this a very fun game. It is intuitive, immersive, and the artwork and graphics are fantastic. I spend most of my time in Multiplayer mode, but I have played quite a bit of the campaign too. I still have not completed the campaign, but I would guess you could finish it in 20 hours if you rush.

If you have no concerns about the violence, I highly recommend this game.

Written byAnonymous November 8, 2013

call of duty black ops review

Awesome and brutal game, with the best multiplayer maps, good campaign and pulse pounding zombies mode. One of the better call of duty games.

M: Sequences of Graphic bloody warfare and violence, Strong language, and intense scenes

Kid, 9 years old October 28, 2013

9 is good

it is really fun on zombie mode but no campaign for 9 i think 14 and up for campaign :)