Kid reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Superb but violent shooter is definitely for adults only.

Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2013

Black Ops Two Is It Okay For your pre-teen (and/or) Teen?

This game is good for your Pre-teen or teen the rating on the back is over exaggerated. You have the option when you first start the game to turn off blood, gore, and language. This game is not as inappropriate as GTA V there are no sexual scenes like grand theft auto. The only downside to this game is that the zombies can cause a very scary Edgar Alan Poe effect to the game so i refrain myself from playing that

Kid, 9 years old September 17, 2013

good but violent

This is a really good game but if you get violent easily this isn't the game for you and if you hate blood and gore,and if you say things that you shouldn't say but hear them, then just turn the blood and gore, language off!

Teen, 16 years old Written byandrew103 August 6, 2013

Call of Duty black ops

Very educational teaches kids about defenese and history the war
and has turn off blood gore and cussing feature.I also love the multiplayer
no cussing not that much blood at all.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 August 3, 2013

Probably the best Call Of Duty, but it is the most graphic.

one of the best COD games out there, but it is probably the most graphic out of the bunch. All of the game it contains strong war violence and Gore, that at sometimes may be very unsettling. Such as Black Ops 2 there is a lot of frequent language, but the language and gore can be turned off in the settings. There are some disturbing scenes of torture and death games that some may find very unsettling. There is nothing sexual in the game. Drinking is as bad as it gets for drugs and alcohol. Very mature 12. if this were rated as movies are rated it would be R: Graphic War Violence and Gore Including Torture, Disturbing Images, and Language Throughout.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTy6248 August 2, 2013

can turn off blood and cussing

i think its a really fun game with the option to turn off the blood and gore and language
Teen, 14 years old Written bygamer_bro July 5, 2013

for mature teens

this game has some pretty violent things in it, but no worse than any other game out there. the language is probably the worst of the call of duty series, but the character's are being shot at, being chased, their friends die in front of them, torture, they don't sugar coat stuff in this game. But you have to understand that stuff like this happens day to day to real people. it does deal with violence and language but its pretty realistic. it is for mature teens that understand that this is a game.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver July 2, 2013

Older teens +

Teen, 16 years old Written bygigapins June 26, 2013

Solid FPS

Black Ops is a great FPS, but if you're not a fan of the genre, it won't do much for you. The campaign is actually really good though a little on the short side, but what you really play COD for is the online multiplayer anyway and I'm sure a lot of people won't even bother with it.

However, I would not recommend this for many kids under 12 because the atmosphere is not for kids and how irritating some they are when they play online. They make the overall online experience worse for other players and become pretty violent (well, verbally). I'm not saying older players can't be the same, and a lot actually provoke younger players, but from experience I wish there weren't as many players under 14 so the immaturity could be at least a tiny bit not as bad.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe June 22, 2013

Violent, but many mature teens might be able to handle this

My brother is fourteen years old and he finds this amusing. I think anyone who is mature enough should be to play this and not get startled. As a matter of fact, there's a really awesome feature on this game called "Reduced Graphic Content" where blood and gory stuff isn't depicted and obscene language is reduced to a mild to moderate level. I liked it when I heard "Fortunate Son" by Creedence Clearwater Revival and "Sympathy For The Devil" by The Rolling Stones. I created a YouTube parody involving this videogame and Super Mario Bros. together where they both have to fight off hordes of zombies.

Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2013

best call of duty ever!

ok for 10 up if on safe mod no blood or f words. had great fun with me and my dad . best call of duty game yet .

Teen, 17 years old Written byCool dude 117 May 25, 2013

it is not that bad

if you buy the game you can go to the setting and at the top you will see graphic content put it at reduced then it will have no blood or gore or Strong Language if you do that it will just be a T game

Teen, 13 years old Written byDaneKing11 April 11, 2013

Think Twice

This is the truth. know many 10 year olds have it and families may get pestered to get it, but it is gritty and violent. At one point a mans eye is stabbed with and knife and you hear screaming and blood sprays about when you shoot someone. Nazi Zombies can scare the socks off you if your squeamish (especially if your on the wii and it glitches and you can hardly control it!) This game is very good but is rated M for a reason, think twice before buying it for pre-teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHaxis27 April 5, 2013

Great and Historical

this game is amazing has historical value and sending the right message that communism is bad and westernism is good and even makes a small reference to my favorit Wall the Berlin Wall and has several times when you can give the communists what they disserve and makes reference to a conspiracy therorie that the Union of Soviet Socalistic Republic (USSR) was trying not only a nuclear attack but also a bio attack has fallout shelter sings every were I love them and they even have a ex:nazi sientist that like real life that aids the communists with making bombs
Teen, 13 years old Written bymryok1 April 4, 2013

Good fine for 12

One of the best games I have ever played, but okay for people 12 and up!

Teen, 13 years old Written byEvilJigglyPuff9 March 21, 2013

Graphic and disturbing, but great gameplay.

Let me just say, I started playing this when I was 10, and I am 13, but once my parents bought me my first call of duty game, I think they regretted it. The violence is WAY intense, and I even think it's bad. Like in every mission someone gets there throat slit or there eye stabbed and it's graphic. There is tons of blood, limbs getting removed, people getting tortured, and the plot is that your getting brainwashed to tell others what happened in the past so they can execute a serial killer. The language is TERRIBLE, and my dad makes me mute it, they say f--k, s--t, a--, b--ch, c---, d--n, d--k, n---a, and tons more! In some mission, you have to take drugs to stay alive. If your under 12, I recommend you ONLY play multiplayer, because it's not bad. But if you wanna do campaign I say you need to be 13. Good game, but extremely graphic.

Teen, 13 years old Written byabc12creswell March 16, 2013

LANGUAGE NOT AN ISSUE

This game is very violent I mean what do you expect its from the cod series and its called black ops but language is also an issue but can be turned of in the options menu under strong language and graphic content

Kid, 10 years old March 15, 2013

Violent

Okay game it is violent and gory but there is a setting where you can turn it off.

Kid, 12 years old February 22, 2013

Fun Co-op and Addicting Campaign

This is a very popular franchise, but I'm not a big fan of Call of Duty. Obviously, the graphics are not that good, but the co-op and campaign story are amazing! Zombies is really fun to play with your friend, and the campaign is worth playing again. I would give it a 4/5.

Teen, 17 years old Written byScorpion_Fan February 8, 2013

Call of Duty: Adult Ops

First of all, let me get something straight: this is geared towards adults, so ignore the reviews saying this game is 10+, because it isn't. Now for the review. POSITIVE ELEMENTS: There are few elements in this game that can be called positive. It is set in a time where strife is a constant entity, and death looms around the corner. It is a war game, game created for players to relive events that actually occurred. However, there are positive elements. Various characters constantly aide another in crisis, many times putting their lives on the line, and dying just as often. The Black Ops team try to rescue a PoW in Russia. The CIA attempts to avert a nuclear crisis by killing a dangerous terrorist. LANGUAGE: The cursing in this game is appalling, to say the least. Just about every characters spews forth copious amounts of foul words such as f--- (several times combined with mother), h3ll, [email protected], b----, god----, sh--, etc. Very adult, and very appalling. NOTE: when playing online, players can speak through headsets, making the risk of young children being exposed to foul language all the more real. Black Ops does, however, have a profanity filter for the campaign mode, and a handy mute option for the multiplayer component. VIOLENT ELEMENTS: Let me once again stress that this is a WAR game, thus it is going to be violent... moreso than all its predecessors combined. People are brutalized for information in a highly disturbing torture scene, which occurs more than once throughout the campaign. Heads explode when players score headshots. Limbs fly when grenades and RPG's make contact. Gore splatters the environment from gunshots, knifing, and other forms of graphic combat. CONCLUSION: People, this is not your run-of-the-mill action game. This is a very dark, very brutal war story that actually occurred during history, and it is now in the hands of millions of underage teens and preteens. Call of Duty: Black Ops is an amazing game, but only for adults.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 14 years old Written bynatmar February 6, 2013

Campaign Rated M(message is revenge), Multiplayer Teen, by a 14 year old

Let me first say any video game is a thing that will eventually cost you 100 more bucks. Anyways i am 14 and being a fan of CoD world at war and its depiction of ww2 i was hoping for the same depiction of th e cold war. IT IS NOT .The theme is REVENGE , and the cold war is a backdrop. The player is supposed to get revenge on . The communist general dragovich for imprisoning him in russia after being captured in the bay of pigs. The character is then brainwashed for an operation to destroy america by nerve toxins. THe op is counteracted by a counter brainwasher, victor reznov . Once hero of russia in wwii he is betrayed hy generals for trying to stop the use of nerve toxins and sent to prison. AFTER the brainwashing is done by reznov instead of being brainwashed to kill kennedy main character is brainwashed to kill dragovich, the orginal one. Mason th main character returns to america and fights in vietnam to stop the toxing op. HE hallucinates that he is fighting with reznov who was killed in masons escape from russia as a traitor. Reznov can be heard emphasizng revenge throughout the cold war era missions. Eventually they crack the code, stop the transmission to release the. Gas on us and america is saved.THIS IS THE CAMPAIGN, I WOULD RATE IT M. Multiplayer however focuses on none of it, and doesnt swear . Id rate it T for Teen