Kid reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Superb but violent shooter is definitely for adults only.

Teen, 13 years old Written byorangeman2027 February 5, 2013

Call Of Duty Black Ops content advice

Call Of Duty Black Ops is an action shooter from the 60's and contains some vietnam war videos which can be skipped. Theres alot of blood at the start of one mission but at the start of the game you can turn all blood in the game off. Mason(the character you play as) swears quite a bit but its only really f*** and s*** which everyone basicly knows. In one mission you make a guy eat glass and he coughs up blood. WARNING: THIS IS NOT SKIPPABLE. In the uk its rated 18 and in australia MA15+. Other than all this its got AMAZING graphics and was rated game of the year 2010.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTBLKitten January 31, 2013

Not for kids; All of the other kids reviews are off of complete bias.

I have to say that the amount of 10 year old kids coming on here and saying it's safe for 5 year old's is quite cute in my perspective; unfortunately, this isn't exactly made for children

I'm 14. and I play PC gaming. I've got myself an 800 dollar PC rig. *And no, I got all the money from buying/selling hats on TF2. So my parents only supplied the monitor.*

On console, It is horrible. Online experience is not meant to be for small kids; let alone, kids just curse and people. If you want to know what I mean; *pardon the language*

Kid: OH F*** YOU GET THE F**** OUT YOU B****!!!!!

Plus this game is a pretty big sadness as in this game seires has been turned into tactics to corperate greed.

Explains half of the kids at my school.

I simply sit here on my PC playing COD4, BFBC2, TF2 and VVVVVV.
So why the big deal? I simply do not perfer this.

Parents, or trolls that simply came here to get a laugh at children's reviews *Which I am certain that 99% of them are*, this game IS not meant for kids under 14. It's rated M for a reason; Keep your kids off of here.

Thanks for reading.
- TBLKitten

Teen, 16 years old Written byThe Honest sUer January 24, 2013

Here is what you have to do...

Commonsense yet again fails to tell you the truth, when you start the game, go to options and select the "Reduce Graphic Content" Option. Once you have done this, select it, and reduce the content, This will remove Blood & Gore,and Language
Kid, 12 years old January 22, 2013

EPIC

I got it and my dad loves it :) u can turn off swearing and blood

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Shadow Dude January 20, 2013

Turn off the the bad content and your good to good.

This game is one of my farvorite games ever. If you are worried about seeing blood and hearin bad languages dont be. When you start up the game it will ask you if you want to turn off the graphic content. Do this not only silents out bad words but removes blood and gore from the game makeing it a T rated game.

Teen, 16 years old Written byStripedTiger8998 January 14, 2013

Call of Duty: Black ops

This is a very violent game for teens under 15 years old. The campaign is very graphic, with gruesome torture scenes. However, I believe the multiplayer is okay for younger teens, since it is not as violent as the storyline. If you're wearing a headset while playing, you will hear some guy swearing about every little thing, but you can mute them. Overall, this game is great for teens ages 15 and up, and the multiplayer is fine for ages 13 and up. One thing I forgot to mention, there is a graphic content filter you can turn on to take away the blood and swearing in the campaign. It does not do anything to the multiplayer, but that's not really needed.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 December 27, 2012

another call of duty .uhh.

finaly got passed level one then beat the game its actually good blood is every where and language is crazy bad and really good graphics i dont suggest this for anyone under 11.

Teen, 13 years old Written byawsomedude123 December 16, 2012

VERY VIOLENT

very violent game very bloody this game uses cuss words like F**K and S**t
this is strictley for adults

Teen, 17 years old Written byUseful December 11, 2012

CoD BO

A violent FPS game yet still great.

Teen, 13 years old Written byzarsweetheartreviws December 7, 2012

i think that is the worst game ever

do not buy this game for your kids. take it from a mom mu\y kids love this game and there 12 and 13

Teen, 13 years old Written byimsocool101 December 4, 2012

Awesome

This game is very fun. If you reduce the content its just like any ordinary T rated game. There are some melee things you have to do like choke someone or stab them in the neck. Overall this game rooks and has awesome multiplayer maps and zombie maps.

Kid, 10 years old November 26, 2012

FIVE STAR

I think this game is fine for childeren 9 and up

Teen, 13 years old Written byDjxAwesome121 November 23, 2012

TEENS ONLY

Well this game is a great shooter game just too much of the language.The first mission and i already heard the ''F word" 2 times. But there is a setting of turning the blood and language off so i say this game is for teens 14 and older.

Kid, 10 years old November 22, 2012

Not really for kids.

Obviously this isn't for kids. There is a lot of Killing,Weapons and swearing.
If your kid was mature he can probably play it but not all day because he would be addicted to it. Most 12 year old kids play it but its alright with their parents. Although there is a option which you can turn of the swearing. If you turn the option on there will still be swearing but not strong swearing.
If you play on multiplayer there will be teens swearing at your child and making fun of him/she. Only let your child play this game if he is mature enough.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDJIDK November 17, 2012

Black Ops could be a replacement for the Modern History Tutor!

This is a good game to explain what was occuring during the Cold War. Although the Cold War wasn't to this magnitude displayed in the game, it certainly offers a way to see history that was "in the making". Although subliminal, this game does offer a positive message! No matter where you are, you have people watching your back. This is displayed through Mason's (the main character) and Viktor Reznov's apparent friendhip and protection of each other within a few levels of the campaign. I strongly urge any parent who has a child studying this era of time to get him/her this game and they might learn something. However, there are glimpses of torture, etc. that was commonplace during this era (and even today) throughout the game. Although minimal or spread out through the campaign, this could be something to look out for. But that factor gives the game an even more educational benefit by further explaining what happened during the time. Overall, this is a great game in both the "fun factor" and the "learning factor"!

Teen, 13 years old Written bytvanbev November 13, 2012

This game has mixed ideas

This game is a perfect simulator of 1960's era warfare. However, this game uses langauge all of the time, and violence is frequent and blood can be brutal. I do not think this a terrible game for kids, but online play can be very bad depending on who you are playing with. I would always recommend this game, but i do think some parents need to think about wether or not they want thier kids to see this.

Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2012

Black Ops Review

I think it is alright for kids, as long as you have a parents permission, and you can also turn off the profanity's.

Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2012

black ops

sick game, but what are you thinking 18 rating. I play it and im 11 in fact all of my freinds play it as well

Teen, 13 years old Written byHonest person 12 October 26, 2012

Common sense Media has no common sense

COD 7 isn't as bad as people think. Any teenager or a mature tween can play this
Positive role model- Viktor Reznov is a good role model. He may be brutal towards the Nazis and the senior soviet officials like Dragovich and Kravchenko. But he is truly selfless. He helps Alex Mason escape from the Vorkuta Gulag but sacrifises his own life for his new American friend. Violence- There is a content filter that stops all the gore and removes lots of blood. The gameplay is not very violent but the cutscenes can be rather disturbing. In one level, a soviet kills Bowman by hitting his head with a mallet. There are many other violent cutscenes, too.
Language- Ass, b****, b******, a*****e, s*** and f*** are said throughout the game. Mason and Woods swear like sailors. BUT THE CONTENT FILTER REMOVES STRONG WORDS LIKE F-WORD, S-WORD AND A*****E. By the way, your kids hear these words everyday at school. And if they dont pick up these words from school, then they're fine.
So COD Black ops is NOT 18+

Kid, 12 years old October 21, 2012

Perfect for everyone 4 and up!

I think anyone 4 and up can play this.Seriously dude common sense media simply encourages parents to be strict when they should not be.This is not that violent and has very little bad words.Also your kid should be able to play online if he/she has common sense(like not giving out address and stuff).This is also a pretty fun game.The ESRB also is too strict cuz they gave an m rating when I think it should be E.Also you can not keep your kids away from everything,if they don't know about sex,drugs,alchohol,violence,bad words and stuff when they are 18 then they will be crazy drugatic, alcholic stealing,prostitute hooking and beating,murdering maniacs.It has been scientifically proven,and these days they will encounter these things when they are six years old(sometimes 1).It has been scientifically proven that playing games like grand theft auto,halo,call of duty,resident evil,house of the dead and other such games will make them much more likely to be good people and also make their eye sight and thinking skills and reflexes and stuff much better.Let your young ones play lots of violent,drug-filled,achol-filled,sex-filled m rated games today(with exercise to keep them from getting fat and ugly)and they will be super humans when they are 18!Seriously it's been proven,just stay away from AO rated games cuz those are the real games that cause kids to be bad.