Kid reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Superb but violent shooter is definitely for adults only.

Kid, 12 years old October 14, 2012

Great Game but It isn't appropriate, first the language is very strong and bad! Throughout campaign you play uhh as Alex Mason I think. And you uhh fight bad guys I think. And it is bad because it has violence I think. I have the game...I think. But it is the best assassin creed game errr I mean the best call of duty game

Teen, 15 years old Written byEmpfire September 25, 2012

Amazing game in almost every aspect!

VOILENCE: Very graphic and intense violence with gore in almost every kill. Exaggerated amounts of blood when shooting people and one somewhat disturbing torture scene. Multiplayer in the game is amazing and only has blood. Zombies is the most violent part of the whole game and should be taken under some thought before letting teens playing (or maybe any ages). When you start any of the levels (except FIVE) there is blood everywhere and when you get past level 20 there will be gore everywhere and dead bodies will be throughout the zombie mini games.
SEX: One comment about a man's crotch which is suppose to be somewhat crude and not sexual in the campaign. Brief mildly crude comments in zombies.
LANGUAGE: Graphic language throughout the campaign. No language in multiplayer exept once or twice in hardcore mode which is very hard to hear unless you're next to the right player at the right time. Zombies has graphic language as well

Teen, 14 years old Written byjbgirl471 September 19, 2012

your opinon

my 16 year old brother plays this game. when i hang out in his room i hear many swears. such as the F word and the A word and many,many more. you will see your child watching blood and shooting with guns. lots of violence. there is also drugs and smoking.
Kid, 10 years old September 11, 2012

This game is Amazing!

You gotta love infinity ward, you gotta love Treyarch too! I love this game just much as the MW series! Fantastic!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybucks2012 September 2, 2012

EXTREMILY VIOLENT

Violence- 5/5
Very violent. Including a torture sceen putting glass Into a persons mouth 5/5, a gass room with people getting gassed 5/5, a Russian rulet sceen that is extremily intense 5/5. And for some reason u shoot JFK 3/5. Zombies is very bloody 4/5. And much, much more.

Profanity 5/5.
Tons of colurfull language. F••k is used around 50 times.

Sex 1/5
A character in zombies says "that s•ripper took all of my money" and "u smell like my last girl friend".

Drinking/drugs 2/5
A little bit of smoking and a charcted in zombies talks a lot obout vodka

This game has a violent campaign 15+, zombies 12+ multiplayer 11+ if ur kid know the difference between fantasy and reality buy this game. Multiplayer is fine. I have played this game a lot. If ur kid is immature i would not buy this.

Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2012

great game !!

This is fine for children.
This is why, you can turn off all of the blood, and language.
I'ts a great game!

Teen, 16 years old Written byGamerevier August 19, 2012

15+

Good game but NOT FOR KIDS please note that's this game is very dark and intense with lots of GORE people's limbs can come off and there is blood splatter and there is also lots of cursing but most of the can be turned off in the options zombies is pretty scary and defiantly not for kids even though some kids play it multiplatyer is fine but people can be mean and the multiplayer still has blood unlike other call of dutys don't have much blood in thre multiplayer this one does overall 15+seems OK

Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2012

Black Ops a Fair Review

Call of Duty Black Ops is whilst being an extremely violent and vulgar game is still lots of fun. Now this question is for all them parents that have bothered to read my opinion if you believe your child is mature enough not to go around to the neighbours and fighting or pretending to shoot everyone in Woolworths then this game might be for them. But if you know your child is mature enough not to swear in public or run a muck then give it to them if you think its safe. If anyone is excited about playing Black Ops or hasn't played the game yet that wants to then look away becuase this is the parents guide. Low means not graphic, moderate- is moderate in graphic detail and high for extremely graphic.
In an opening mission a built man uses a sharp object to stab another man in the chest with. Moderate
In a mission half way through the game your character interrogates another by shoving glass in his mouth and punching him in the face causing blood to come out of his mouth.
In another mission you pull the pin to a conga soldier's grenade which is strapped to his belt which cause him to blow up littering the floor with arms and legs and plenty of blood. GRAPHIC
At the end you strangle Dragovich under water which is very intense. Moderate
Throughout the campaign limbs can be blown and torn of with Light Machine guns causing the enemy to cry and curse screaming on the floor. GRAPHIC
Zombies is very violent and can be scary at night, every limb on the zombie can be blown off (even head) with fountains of blood erupting from the wound.
There is also one more scene which in my opinion is the most graphic in the entire game where there are some sleeping conga soldiers and you slit their throats causing blood to come out then their head falls back and the meat and tendons off their throats are visible. EXTREMELY GRAPHIC
In multiplayer blood squirts out but there's no dismemberment like the rest of the game. Low
All up the game has 44 F---'s with mother added to it as well and about 60-100 sh-ts as well with d-mn god-mn and h-ll and bit-h
I hope this review helped

Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2012

CALL OF DUTY!!!!!

THIS IS PERFECT FOR KIDS!!!!IT TEACHES THEM ABOUT GUNS AND GUNS ARE COOL!!!!!!BUY IT FOR YOUR KIDS AND THEY WILL TURN INTO DINOSAURS BECAUSE OF IT'S AWESOMENESS

Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2012

Good but violent game

I think it is a good game but watch out for strong violence and a lot of language but overall it is a good first person shooter

Teen, 14 years old Written byAbe1998 August 1, 2012

Super fun but not for kids. Teens 14 and up

This is a very good game. I just got it for my birthday. Parents may wonder about the M-rating. First off, not all games that share the "M" rating are super gory, have strong language, nudity, or sex. It really depends on the game. Halo is another M-rated game, but it is far less severe than Black Ops. Anyway, here is the info on the stuff parents might find offensive:

Violence 9/10: It is a very violent game. During the gameplay, the player is able to shoot off the limbs of enemies, in which the enemy with the severed limb will cry desperately in pain. Some of the cutscenes invlove a character getting glass put in his mouth, then punched, making his mouth bleed, a man torturing a hostage by stabbing his eye, someone getting impaled with a pickaxe, and another character beaten to death with a metal rod. The blood and gore can be reduced by setting the game to "reduce restricted content" in the options menu. (There is also a "zombie mode" in which the player has to fight off hordes of zombies. The player can shoot off the heads of the zombies, along with limbs and entrails. The zombies will frighten most children. I jump every time a zombie sneaks up on me, I turn around, and he's right there!)

Language 8/10: The language is pretty bad as well. The f-word is used at least 30 or more times (F--k you!, what the f--k's wrong with you?, wake the f--k up!), along with s--t, h-ll, b-stard, and d--n. One of the characters says, "I thought he was a p-ssy," meaning it in an un-sexual way. He also says, "I don't want to be shot in the balls" later in the game, which is something my family would find offensive.

Sex 0/10: There is a scene with a Mexican woman who is in a short dress dancing in a sexy way early in the game, but it wouldn't be considered "raunchy" by most parents.

Positive message/role models 1/10: This game isn't really a "learning game," but the players do use a lot of teamwork to kill enemies.

Overall a great game, but DEFINITELY not for kids 12 and under. Older or mature teens could probably handle it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDark Shadows July 30, 2012

BLACK OPS

AS A MAJOR COD PLAYER I THINK THIS GAME IS REALLY GREAT BUT IT HAS SOME THINGS LIKE STRONG LANGUAGE AND BLOOD THAT COMES OUT REALISTIC BUT THE LANDUAGE IS THE ONE YOU HERE IN MOST OF THE GAMES "sh*t, f*ck, b*tch, and barely has drinking and drugs

Teen, 13 years old Written byfruitninja25015156 July 26, 2012

good

if you trust kids with this type of games it is insanely fun

Teen, 16 years old Written byThat90sguy July 10, 2012

Great, but most inappropriate in the series

Call of Duty doesn't fail to dissapoint in Black Ops, but this is the most inappropriate to date. First off, the campaign. It is a lot less engaging this time around, I didn't care for the nova gas sub-plot, it was to short,(6 hours) and it wasn't as fun, but I still enjoyed after it grew on me. Violence: Very graphic; slow motion gory headshots, slicing of throats, russian roulette was played, and it feels more edgy than MW2. Language: There is also more swearing, saying f--k and s--t are heard MANY times. Overall, this game is fun, but not the best, it also is the most inappropriate so I would recommend this to older teens.

Teen, 17 years old Written byWREN345 July 2, 2012

Great shooter with some fualts

This well made shooter is filled with profanity in zombie mode and campiagin. It also has lotsssss of gore witch isnt aproprite for anyone under 13 but does have some histroic battles that might teach your kid a little history. There is quite a lot of smoking you never smoke but your parnter woods smokes throught the game. At the beging some people in a bar consume beer. Overall its not aperfect game but is well made if you like shooters you should consider buying it

Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2012

just violence

gotta admit violence is a huge issue in the campaign
first some dude in the game named dragovich scoops your teemmates eye out
second you torture somebody
third well melee attack is pretty disturbing especially the time where you are swimming up to a dude in a boat but besides that wich it is not as bad as it seems its not that bad

Teen, 16 years old Written bynguyenjon92 June 25, 2012

It's a good game for kids to play if they know some differences.

Black Ops is a pretty good game to play. It's only rated M to the single player campaign due to the intense violence and shock factor. However, the multiplayer doesn't possess as much of that. It just consists of the other teenagers talking trash to each other, which would include cursing. My family is a very Catholic mom. She always has to say something when I play it. I'm currently 16 and I do pretty well in school. I know how to control myself and generally be a good child; she just thinks I'm going to grow up and be the next Osama Bin Ladden only on the fact that I play this. If I had a kid and let him/her play this type of game, I would have to know first if they know the difference between the game and real world reality. They would have to know that killing people is NOT okay to do and so is cursing. If they know that and don't perform it, they'll be fine.

Teen, 14 years old Written byuhya June 21, 2012

good but bloody game

an amazing game for multiplayer and everything, but very bloody. however, if you turn graphic content restricted at main menu, it takes blood out of multilayer, campaign and zombies. so its a blood-free game. with blood out, it's on for 15

Teen, 13 years old Written byzcon1234 June 19, 2012

Black ops verdict

This game is the most gory and FUN game in the COD series. Violence: In the campaign there are multiple guns you can use ex(shotguns,rifles,pistols,launchers,etc..). When you shoot someone there is an excessive amount of blood and occasionally gore. When you use a shotgun limbs usually go flying off. This is pretty rare with other types of weapons like Assault rifles and pistols. There are MANY scenes of graphic torture violence and melee attacks ex(slitting throats, stabbing with tomahawks, and one part of russian roulette). In the zombies mode there is COUNTLESS parts where limbs fly off and guts fall out with EVERY shot. You are able to throw grendades at zombies and both their legs fly off and they are still able to crawl.Language: The most cursing in a cod game yet with many fu*ks shi*s and da*ms. If you are looking for a less graphic game go for Modern Warfare or Battlefield.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMW3Master June 18, 2012

Best game

Pretty good game has bit of cussing like F*** or S***