Kid reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Superb but violent shooter is definitely for adults only.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybenboys June 12, 2012

Black ops on PS3

I have only played it on the ps3 so my review is only for ps3. I don't know if the xbox 360 or wii versions are the same or not. In the campaign, there is a TON of cursing in the campaign. F**k and s**t can be muted in the campaign with the graphic content option that also gets rid of all the blood, but there still is a TON of cursing that is not muted. IN THE ONLINE PLAY THERE IS A SQUIRT OF BLOOD EACH TIME SOMEONE DIES, and the closer you are to the person that dies, the more blood you see. In split screen, there is no blood when the graphic content option is on reduced.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySpencerMCxHD June 11, 2012

Amazing, But not for Younger kids

Very violent and Alot of Cussing (Singleplayer only) IF you get on multiplayer or Combat Training, I would rate it Teen.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWii Gamer June 7, 2012

The worst part is when they put glass in this guys mouth and punch him

Teen, 13 years old Written byMattiscool June 7, 2012

Cut the crap!

Shut up! I don't want to hear "Oh, not for 18 or under," or, "This should be banned", or "Waste of money and time"! If you had more than two and a half more brain cells, you will buy this! Mature does mean 17+, but you need to be that with an id to buy it. You don't have to be 17 or older own it or play it. It's like seeing a R-Rated film, you don't have to be 17 to own it or watch it. I'm 13, and if I turned on my PS3 and put on Black Ops, would the FBI break down my door and arrest me? No! I've gone far back with Mature games. Alcohol is different. You have to 21 to buy it and drink it, but you can't give it to a 15-year-old kid.

Teen, 15 years old Written byApple Juice Jones June 3, 2012

AWESOME if you restrict it!!

It teaches you about being honorable to your team mates, how to make quick decisions in the middle of heavy fire, and destroy the enemy. It's one of the best games I've ever played, but since it's so addictive, I've actually got rid of it to stop playing all the time!! I've actually learned a lot from it, about the Cuban dictator (I can't remember whose name) and how to have a blast with friends!! There's NO sex, a few beers and a cigarette here and there, lot's of explosions!! Blood and LOADS of cursing both of which can be shut off in the settings (most of it, the bad stuff like the F word). Privacy is an issue if you or your child is bonkers and tells everyone your address. But, fun, and definitely recommended!!

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written byeth691 June 2, 2012

good

turn of blood and gore language

Kid, 10 years old May 27, 2012

Great game, 10+

Call of Duty: Black Ops is nothing to get worked up about. The game is, as it is an epic take on the Vietnamese war, but the violence isn't. If you were buying this for a kid like me, or maybe a bit older (NOT TO BE SUPPLIED TO ANYONE UNDER 10!), then you could easily disable all the blood and gore and put soap in the mouths of the swearers at startup. Although, when using the Headbanger Chat Wii headset online with people you don't know, take precautions. I would say only chat with people you know. Anyway, overall a great game for 10+.

Teen, 15 years old Written bygamer32 May 26, 2012

BLOOD AND GORE

If you play the campaign its not that violent. If you play zombies mode their is a lot of blood and guts. I think if you are a mature 13 year old you could play this game.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRob W. May 26, 2012

My new account.

Fun and Epic game has good graphics and epic guns.

Kid, 6 years old May 25, 2012

Fun

this game is fun for ages 10 and up. Although it might be to bloody for some younger kids

Teen, 17 years old Written byEvilSorcerous May 23, 2012

BLACK OPS

This is actually one of the most inappropriate M rated game (not for kids) but i got it! All ya do is... Step1. Go to Options Menu. Step2. Go to Strong Language. Step3. Turn it off (strong language not xbox) Step4. Play Game. Step5. You will see a message saying when you start the level do you want to turn off strong language/gore Click yes. Basically just turned that into a T rated game let your kids get it! its fine! by the way common sense stop saying ohhhh!!!! its a violent shooter game with strong language and lots of gore that company probably haven't even play black ops its alright let your kids get it!

Kid, 9 years old May 20, 2012

Brutal Violence

Let me start by saying this game is very violent. There is one scene that I find not for kids.You play this horrible game called Russian Roulette.I would purchase this game for a very mature 16 year old.

Kid, 11 years old May 16, 2012

reduceing bad curseing and vilence

( from kids point of view )It's a great game but it is bad in campain. Most of its vilence and curseing is in cammpain but you can help that. You can turn the volume off for curseing and turn off blood for vilence.
hope I helped you!,
Jack

Teen, 15 years old Written byXbox360Gamer May 6, 2012

Black Ops: Call of Duty Moving Forward

Finally one of the Call of Duty developers decides to steer away from the typical Call of Duty path: for better or worse? In my opinion: better. The new credit system makes the game more beginner friendly, allowing newer players to buy only what they need instead of spending time trying to go through all the unlocks until they obtain that precious holographic sight or suppressor they've been dying to get. Unlike Halo Reach, credits here will be very easy to get every time you level up, perform certain achievements, or play well in a match (but you won't have to be a pro to get credits from a match). On the topic of "mature content", i'd say the only real concern should be of some "sketchy" cut-scenes or language heard mostly in the campaign. In the campaign, various AI will have cigarettes shoved into their eyes or knives put through their hands (special note: there's a particularly slow motion head shot within the campaign showing gratuitous, but unrealistic blood); but don't let this deter you. It's very brief and doesn't happen very often. Check for a mature content filter if you're very concerned or google youtube videos of these scenes for yourself. On the multiplayer, your only concern should be the concept of shooting people or the language. There is NO gore whatsoever, but there is some minor blood; but the blood is hardly noticeable unless you're looking for it (the action is too fast paced to be very focused on it). Overall, I would say go for it, especially if your kid has owned a previous call of duty.

Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2012

Don't buy Black Ops

Black Ops is pretty good, but the Modern Warfare's are better. The campaign is terrible. The only thing I like about Black Ops is zombies. In my opinion, if you don't have this game and you are thinking about getting it don't.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 13 years old Written bystan101 April 28, 2012

NOT THAT BAD!!!

It is not as bad as people say it is.you can turn off the graphics at the start of the game

Kid, 12 years old April 24, 2012

READ WHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR HOW TO TURN OFF GORE

I started playing the Call Of Duty series when I was 11. I had Black Ops for my DS, and it was really good, but the Zombie Mode SUCKED. I decided to ask if I could get it from Kijiji one day, and I told my parents you can turn off the gore. It's really fun of a game. I got it for 20 bucks. And god, it was worth it. The multiplayer is amazing, and the zombie mode is so cool! I got MW3 on Launch Date cause I just love CoD. I play Left 4 Dead 2 also, not scared of it. I also play the WaW Zombies game on iPod Touch, and that's amazing too. Get it for your 10 year old. It's just so, so amazing. Can't wait for Call Of Duty for the PS Vita comes out, cause I'm getting it. Anyways, how to turn off gore. Go to Options and it should say Gore or something. Turn it to a good setting and there you go.

Kid, 10 years old April 23, 2012

blop

Possibly the most swearing I have ever heard in my life oright for kids over 12 or mature kids (like me)

Kid, 9 years old April 22, 2012

The Great Game

To many bad words and vilonce. keep away from kids
5 And under. It's still a Great Game!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bybrajusti1 April 17, 2012

12 and up

12 and up great game.You can turn blood off.