Kid reviews for Call of Duty: Black Ops

Superb but violent shooter is definitely for adults only.

Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2011

hold up a second

What the review fails to realize is that you can yurn of the blood and cursing. The game is violent. Baisicly the games goal is to kill as much as possible. I mean I hear worse words at school.

Kid, 11 years old July 24, 2011

What the heck??????? is wrong with game makers????!!!!!!

Constant blood repetitive bad language. First there is some thing messed up with treyarc for making a game where you can blow peoples arms off and light them on fire over use of the F word S word and every other swear word lots of blood and its not that fun plus ciggaretes and knives in peoples arms

Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2011
MW2 is better and less frantic

Teen, 13 years old Written bybLaHbLaHjjjjjjjj June 24, 2015

Bloody, but really fun.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II is worse than the first one. Campaign features torture, massive amounts of killing and massive amounts of blood and gore. F bombs are thrown CONSTANTLY in online and the campaign. NOT suitable for kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written bycookiemonster2013 November 21, 2010

Good for 13+ ages

First of all. There is no specific"language filter." But.. There is a content reducer. It takes out F-Words, blood, and gore. If you play the game with the content filter, it is just like a rated T game i think. If you play without the filter, it is really profane. It has a lot; and I mean a lot of blood and language without it. It tells a really complicated story but it makes sense at the end. I guess it can be "educational" by showing all of these different places and etc... that had to do with the Cold war and such but its my opinion. The controls are very easy to pick up on. If you have played MW2, the controls are the exact same. In conclusion, it is a great game. If you are a fan of the series or not, you will like it

Teen, 15 years old Written byLuv life August 1, 2013

Violent, but not extreme

Being a 14 year old, I don't expect many people to take my review seriously. This game is a violent, military first person shooter. Throughout the single player campaign, there is heavy language, excessive gore, and some disturbing sequences. However, this is only present in the campaign and there is an option to censor the gore and language to a minimum. Also, when compared to games such as Fable or Borderlands. There is still heavy violence, as the game is a realistic first person shooter,but this allows some control over the level. The multiplayer has noticeably less blood than the campaign, and there is no scripted profanity. However, open voice chat is enabled, allowing for a somewhat higher degree of inappropriate language than usual. The zombies mode is, if anything, more gory than campaign, and there is no way to turn it down. Also, many characters often swear, and you can drink bottles of "perk-a-cola" to enhance your abilities in the game. Overall,
I think no one under 13 should be allowed to play this game, but some mature teens should be able to handle to violence and language. On a side note, this game offers a historical lesson- the main story follows the Cuban missile crisis, Vietnam, and the Cold War truly enough to teach a little about that era of history.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRaineKnight May 20, 2011
It's a good game, but it irritates me.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBookworm_96 April 30, 2011

good game

I play this game all the time with my dad and i love it! its better than modern warfare in my opinion. i love this game and play it all the time when my nose isn't stuck in a book. :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byBauer Power April 26, 2011

Best Call of Duty yet!

Best Call of Duty yet. Zombies are the best and so is Combat Training! It is even better if you have Xbox Live!

Teen, 13 years old Written byblackopsisteengame February 14, 2011

FINE FOR KIDS ABOUT 13

can someone tell my parents in a comment that this game is just fine. they think that just because i play it i am going to go outside and shoot someone. thats crazy.

Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2010

B0

Good COD.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTHEMANDOLORIAN September 5, 2020

18+ ? hahahaha

this is not that violent

Teen, 14 years old Written byFloatingtable101 August 6, 2020

Not for kids or tweens.

Most of the kid reviews are kids who think that they are mature enough to handle this. They probably cannot. This game is incredibly violent with fun gameplay. This is not for kids or tweens!

Teen, 13 years old Written byDabb99099 June 16, 2020

Amazing game btw

First of this game is so good, it's about this guy being captured by terrorists and getting brainwashed. The CIA is trying to get his memory back because the terrorist is going to bomb America. This game without the graphic filter is depending on where your child goes to school. If the school children swear a lot then I don't really care it's up to you but if the school children don't swear a lot then don't or just put on the graphic filter.
Kid, 10 years old June 10, 2020

played it when I was 5

when I was 5 I would play it with my older brother on our old xbow 360 and now I'm just fine

Teen, 14 years old Written byBinneyBin May 19, 2020

More graphic than modern warfare trilogy

This game has the best story in the series but has amputation if you use a powerful enough weapon and the victim is normally still alive
The swearing isn’t nearly as bad as the later games

Teen, 13 years old Written byEPIXGAMER17 March 23, 2020

Black Ops

The game is great! There is a lot of blood and swearing especially in the story. You assassinate others along with shooting other people which has a very bloody effect. Swearing is used mostly in cut scenes including F word, and S word along with others. The story is great and in order to play Black Ops II or III, you need to play this game to understand the story. I played the game when I was about to turn 12 and I am fine. So the game is great. The worst part is the swearing. But the multiplayer can be challenging since some people play hours and hours a day practicing so online play may be a lot harder than local multiplayer or campaign.

Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2020

Good for kids

I played it and I think it is very good if you turn off graphics content that will turn off blood, gore and swears

Teen, 16 years old Written byNirvanaSamurai03 December 20, 2019

a very great military action game

this game has strong violence and strong language

Teen, 13 years old Written byJackson 13259 July 2, 2019

Fun just don’t take it from the wrong perspective

Well I’ve played all the Call of Duty games everything to world at war to Black ops 4 and the game has come a long way if u play with the filters and pay attention you’ll realize 1.its a war game there’s no getting around killing 2. It can be educational lots of these games are based on real wars 3.if you look at it as a shoot em up kill em and pull they’re arms off type of game you’ll never get to the part where the game can be decent with the filters and I wouldn’t give this to like a 9 year old but I’d say 12 to 13 is a good age