All member reviews for Call of Duty: Ghosts

Bloody, frenetic combat makes this shooter for adults only.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent of a 12 year old Written byTheTruthReviews November 6, 2013

Call Of Duty; Ghosts, The Truth

Its a game that kids think is fun, I personally have no problem with this, and should be given to kids of the appropriate age, (In my opinion 11+) If they are mature enough, if they are not mature enough, as in always being in trouble, and a "Bad Apple" this may not be for them.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byMom 11 Year Old November 13, 2013

Call Of Duty Ghost

It has violence and blood, but there are parent controls to mange it. You can turn all the blood and language off. Overall this is a fun game for 11 and up.
Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written byKidzGamezReviewz November 28, 2013

Call of Duty Ghosts is for kids 12+

Before I let My 12 year old son play any of the Call of Duty games or any other M rated game, I play it first. I have not let my son play any of the other Call of Duty's because of bad language, but this game is totally different. When you first start the game, you can turn off all the language. I played it both ways and I rarely heard any profane language. When I did, I could hardly even hear it. I hope this article I have written will help with your decision.
Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2013

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT COD GHOSTS

so first of all i am a kid. but before you stop reading this you should hear me out this call of duty is not very violent not at all there is no gore hardly any language this game is also a sweet loving title about sticking together and fighting what you belive in there is also brotherly love and fighting with mans best friend a dog named riley you care for riley hug him and pat him on his head.some people do not even think of there animals and just let them bark or meow bordly all day in a neighborhood.these men protect him from floods fires and more they care him to the hostpital when he is hurt.the violence is minimal too.i hear a few of you saying but you are shooting people well the story is not even about killing it is about freedom fighters and caring for those you love.siblings can even team up with out fighting to fight robots and aliens . they overate these video games this game is like james bond or trans formers. thank you for your time so you know the truth about the game bye ps.you can link your progererss to an i pad and look at your stats and make online teams with your friends
Parent Written bywatchfulparent November 24, 2013

good game for kids

This game is absolutely for kids and i barely let my 8 year old watch anything with sex and violence but in this game there is nothing to worry about. I say it is absolutely for kids
Parent of a 14 year old Written bygoodparent1342 November 18, 2013

Call of duty is fine for kids above the age of 12!

For all of the parents that don't let their kids play these games, LET THEM. If they have good marks and are active outside of school, this is a great game for them to just play. BUT they should not be playing it all day. My kids don't fight now because they have "battles" vs each other on this game. It is also great when my kids friends are over! (We don't have to do anything for his friends!). If your kids are willing to get good grades and and are active, this is fine. Just let your kids play the game, I used to be a parent that did not let them play these games. But they are mature
Teen, 13 years old Written byjusthappytohelp November 10, 2013

Good game for teens

Now before you go to another person because I am only a teen let me tell you. I have been playing Call of Duty for more then half of my life, and Ghosts is the best game with a clear message. Fight back when something is not right. Campaign: the first thing I want to touch on is the Campaign. Although most people go straight to multiplayer I started with this. The campaign is amazing and is about a small squad or "Ghosts" fighting back when a missile hits America . The enemies are from south of the equator. They also call themselves "The Federation". The campaign has a lot of violence and Language. Not as far as Black ops 2 but a little more then MW3. If that makes sense to you Multiplayer: This mode right here is why almost everybody buys a call of duty. There is a lot of violence since it is a war simulator. And if you a mic, you will almost certainly here language from people who feel it is ok it say the "N" word or say drop the "F" bomb. This can all be avoided though but a quick mute. Extinction: This is just a bonuses game mode. Like Zombies in W@W. All it is, is you going to from alien hive to alien hive and destroying them. The enemies are only aliens so this game mode is not so bad. Over all this game give a good message with a good role model. And if you hear cursing from multiplayer just mute them.
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2013

AMAZING.

This is a great game. I think it is fun for all (11+)
Parent of a 12 year old Written byValentyn November 30, 2013

ESRB pulled the truth a little

Ok, it is violent, but, there is not as much blood as you think, once your playing it isn't that big of a deal. There is swearing, but, you can turn that off in the settings. Also you can turn off blood. It is a shooting game so there is violence, but for 12+ it's fine. THERE IS NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL IN THE GAME! Also, when friends of my son come over, they play together and I get to do the work I need.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byAndy13579 November 24, 2013

Call of Duty: Ghosts

I just bought this game for my son and I at first I thought it wasn't suitable. Then I noticed that you could change the settings so that blood and language was turned off. I think this game would be suitable for someone above 12 years old
Parent Written byBest voted December 30, 2013

best voted review ( CoD Ghosts )

i think it is a great game for ten year olds
Parent Written byTheRealReviewNow December 22, 2013

The Real Review of Call of Duty: Ghosts

Hello other families wondering if Call of Duty: Ghosts is appropriate for your child..well to start of the game is not as bad as common sense media says it is because the blood is able to turn off along with swearing.. the violence is not that bad...and if your child is 10 and up this game should be appropriate
Parent of a 12 year old Written byGamesForTeens November 29, 2013

Call of Duty Ghosts for kids 12+ and mature Enough!!

Before I let my son play any videogame, I research all I can find about it. this time I bought the game and was very surprised to see that you could turn off all the bad language and blood. I played campaign with the option enabled, and was even more surprised that I never heard a cuss word once. With the no cussing and blood option on, it basically dropped Call of Duty Ghosts down to a T rated game. Also, once you turn off the language and blood, it cant be turned back on. I wouldn't recommend this game for anyone under 11. I think it is for kids 12 and up and kids that are mature enough to play this game.
Teen, 17 years old Written bygamer review November 24, 2013

CALL OF DUTY IS OK FOR KIDS!!!!

call of duty ghost is a good game. there is violence,blood,cursing but you can all that off. I like it because your a patriot to America and defending the country you love. its a first person shooter fighting other countries that are about to set of nukes but its not like grand theft auto where you kill for no reason, its for kids who are normal and don't have the intensions to do bad stuff . in ghosts its less violent then the other ones to.
Parent Written byHelpingparent123 January 14, 2014

Hey parents it's not that bad!

Hi there my son wanted this game really bad so I looked it up and saw it was rated M which is not ok cause he is 13 but then he reminded me that I let him have black ops 1, 2 cause you could turn off blood but call of duty ghosts did not have this feature so I did some research to see if I could get this game for my child and there is a similar option to the blood filter and on ghost there is a option that can make the blood instead of gory red to a nice purple I feel turning this feature on makes it a T rated game if your child likes to only play the multiplayer feature of the game but I would not recommend the campaign cause it has intense violence swearing but if you tell you child to only play the multiplayer and you can trust your child to tell you the truth this game is A ok for 13+ hope this helps p.s. If you want to find the purple blood feature go to settings in ghosts then enable color blind assist it will make the blood purple
Parent Written byGreg Smith November 28, 2013

Call of Duty Ghosts Is an okay game for kids 12 and up.

This call of duty game has been one of the best I have ever played. if you don't like intense hard core language in video games, the this is the game for you. When you first start this game, you have the option to turn off most of the really bad cussing. With this option enabled, you will hardly ever hear words like the f, s, and d words. Even if you don't have this enabled, when I was playing I only heard the s word once and that was in the background of a really loud scene, so I really didn't hear it. I hope this review will help you decide if this game is appropriate for your kid or not.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byThatGuy1423 December 7, 2013

Great for ages 10 and up!

It is a great game that my kids love!I let them play it on there free time. It has some bad language....but i use that almost every day.But its about a squad of men saving the USA so i think its a great lesson.
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2013

As a mature action game: braindead and awful. As a satire: absolutely hilarious.

This game is pretty bad. The single-player game boils down to going down a narrow corridor shooting "bad guys." There is little skill involved, as your health regenerates when you squat behind a barrel as the numbskull enemies remain at their posts, hopelessly showering your indestructible cover with bullets. Multiplayer is also mindless drivel, with everybody so eager to shoot and kill that they're easily killed themselves because of their haste. Death doesn't hold much consequence, with the player waiting 5 seconds as the screen shows them the perspective of the player who shot them in the moments leading up to their death. Then, it's back to the fight, and dying exactly the same way you did before. I found that near when I stopped playing (I played these games religiously during my younger years, believing I was mature,) one can simply sneak around the edges of the battlefield, taking players by surprise, and at no point did anybody ever find me, as they simply charged into battle wildly. In terms of story, the writing is so bad it's good, with the USA being portrayed as the underdog, fighting against an overwhelming threat. What force could possibly threaten good old Uncle Sam? The South Americans. That's right, not the Russians, not the Chinese, none of those, the South Americans. If that wasn't ridiculous enough, how did they do it? By hijacking USA's ORBITAL DEATH-RAY. I put that in capitals so there was no mistake of what you just read. The funny part is that the guys who own an orbital-death ray are the heroes. there is a fair amount of bad language in the campaign, and a few grisly bits of violence in the campaign too, but generally the game depicts violence in a rather silly way. There are only minor spurts of blood, and the game is rather tame, but it's just the other players that are vulgar. Most players with microphones are going to spew out curses because they make them sound mature. Players are also very rude, and use derogatory terms at players who are new or unskilled at the game, or players who use strategies that are successful, but considered cheap. (Most of the successful strategies can be countered easily, but players are locked into one way of thinking.) So in short, if a child's playing this game, mute microphones. Finally, if you have an earlier version of the game, do not buy this, they're practically the same.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybvgaming November 17, 2013

Great Game!

This is one of the less bloody Call Of Duty games. There is not much blood around dead players and when enemies are shot they die in a puff of red. I would recommend having you kid play Squads as there is little violence and no bad language. If you play Multiplayer you can mute other players. This is a great game for kids 12 & up
Teen, 13 years old Written byjacoblorobloc January 14, 2014

This game is good for kids 10 and up.

This game is very good, although you can turn off the blood and gore. There is also a setting to turn off the "bad words and language" in multiplayer, and campaign. This game is alright for kids 10 and up.