All parent member reviews for Call of Duty: Ghosts

Parent Written byGroverGoode January 7, 2014

Not what I had hoped it to be

I had a lot of high hopes for this game but it really disappointed me. The game gets boring after about 5 days and the campaign isn't good. I really don't like the multiplayer setup. Don't buy this game unless you really want it.
Parent Written byZackalborn November 28, 2014

Great game for kids ages 12 and up

Great game for kids ages 12 and up This game is great for children who understand that it is a game. It teaches them about strategy, negativity of war and politics. It is great for multiplayer gaming because players have to work together to win. It has a great story about a president that believes that power is life it's self and that anyone without power is worth nothing to society. As you play you see more and more how terrorist attacks change the way we live.
Parent of a 10, 12, and 15 year old Written bymmp October 28, 2014

ok game not for under 14

No kids under the age of 14 should be exposed to this much violence or killing other humans
Parent of a 7, 9, and 12 year old Written byConcerned Parent June 17, 2014

You are being mislead!

I read several reviews about Call of Duty Ghosts...and i had never purchased a mature rated game before...so i decided to read several reviews and do some homework on the issue at hand and was surprised to find so many reviewers that said you can turn off the blood and language via the parental controls. So after debate with my wife we decided to make the purchase...but was disappoint to find no parental controls whatsoever. We searched and searched in every menu, setting...and found NOTHING! I was very disappointed that so many people stated the opposite, including the wika page on the game. So I contacted Infinity Ward thru customer support and they told me flat out that there are NO parental controls and that the game is rated 17+ Mature for a reason, that the game is NOT intended for children whatsoever! Please do NOT buy for your children no matter what they say or what you read...contact the game developer directly thru their customer support. I wasted $60...don't do the same!
Parent of a 7 and 13 year old Written bySpraio May 22, 2014

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Once again, CSM is not telling it how it is. Call of Duty is known for fast paced, bloody violence. This game IS not like the other games. When enemies are shot, a very unnoticeable spray of blood comes out. When I play, I barely notice this. Blood will stain the environment, a sunlike other Call of Duty games, the blood can not be disabled. Language is another problem. Characters are constantly cussing, weather it's at someone else, or just at the situation. There is only one exception to the violence where it will spike. A son watches as the main enemy shoots his father is the chest multiple times, and the shoots him in the head. There was no gore, however, when the dad was on the floor, a puddle of blood did appear under him. This is the most violent the game will get, and it doesn't last for long either. When using a knife to kill enemies in normal gameplay results in no blood, you will have to have a few more deliberate kills with a knife. The only one that was bad was when you jump on someone, and stab them is the chest. A small amour of blood is shown, but there is no gore ever in this game.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byAMOD May 6, 2014

I am in the process of buying this for my son who is 10 in a couple of months. He is a great kid, well behaved does his homework and other friend's his age have it. Of course being the ever so cautious parent I have appreciated the reviews on this site, so thank you. He goes the match as he is a season ticket holder so hears bad language all the time and knows 'Never' to repeat it so that's not a problem. He makes his communion in a couple of weeks so I think I will bite the bullet (pardon the pun) ! and buy if as a surprise for him.....
Adult Written byisaacrocks10 April 22, 2014

Call of duty

Now don't just go away because this review is by a teen. This should be for ten and up. Yes the campaign has violence and swearing.vthe campaign should be rated M. But in every other call of duty u can take the blood and cussing off. So there for it should be rated T. Yes there is violence but it's about war what do u expect.,there is no sex or drugs. I don't really play the campaign but there could be smoking. The multi player is great. The players on multi player are not. This swearing is not rated by the ratIng company. Because they have a mic and can yell and swear. But all this stuff is the same as a pg-13 movie. And also u can just mute or not even use a mic. Your kids hear more at middle/high school. So it's not even that bad. I loved. Not as much as battlefield 4 but still ok. The storey is good it's about brothers and family fighting to protect America. So if u have liked call of duty in the past this is a good one. Thanks for reading. Hoped it helped decide. Go check out my review on battle field 4. Look for my user and thanks
Parent Written byTheguy44 April 1, 2014

It's ok

Let the kids play it and the perental controls make it better
Adult Written byjoshua martinez February 18, 2014

not for kids.

call of duty ghosts is a good first person shooter game but only recommended for adults again this fisrt person shooter game call of duty ghosts is not for kids its only for adults and parents you need to know that call of duty ghosts has a lot of military violence and strong language used.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byParent of a 12 January 31, 2014

Call Of Duty Ghosts Is fine for 12/11 and up!

My Son really wanted this game and all his friends had it, so I watched him play it at his friend's house and there is a tiny bit of blood and no gore, sex, drugs or alcohol. There is infrequent (Hardly any) swearing and all kids at that age have heard it all before. If you look at the rating common sense media give it is not true that it is not for kids and if you look online they will try to give you the worst of the worst. When PEGI rate games they try and pick up as many things as they can to raise the age limit. PEGI ratings are much different to film ratings a PEGI 16 ratings would easily be a 12 movie. So I think it is fine for 12/11 above!