All parent member reviews for Call of Duty: Ghosts

Parent of a 11 year old Written bySarim Niazi January 1, 2014

8 & UP- Jamie Oliver's choice!

This is a really good game and should be allowed for an eight years old or higher!
Adult Written byisaacrocks10 April 22, 2014

Call of duty

Now don't just go away because this review is by a teen. This should be for ten and up. Yes the campaign has violence and swearing.vthe campaign should be rated M. But in every other call of duty u can take the blood and cussing off. So there for it should be rated T. Yes there is violence but it's about war what do u expect.,there is no sex or drugs. I don't really play the campaign but there could be smoking. The multi player is great. The players on multi player are not. This swearing is not rated by the ratIng company. Because they have a mic and can yell and swear. But all this stuff is the same as a pg-13 movie. And also u can just mute or not even use a mic. Your kids hear more at middle/high school. So it's not even that bad. I loved. Not as much as battlefield 4 but still ok. The storey is good it's about brothers and family fighting to protect America. So if u have liked call of duty in the past this is a good one. Thanks for reading. Hoped it helped decide. Go check out my review on battle field 4. Look for my user and thanks
Parent of a 9 year old Written byAMOD May 6, 2014

I am in the process of buying this for my son who is 10 in a couple of months. He is a great kid, well behaved does his homework and other friend's his age have it. Of course being the ever so cautious parent I have appreciated the reviews on this site, so thank you. He goes the match as he is a season ticket holder so hears bad language all the time and knows 'Never' to repeat it so that's not a problem. He makes his communion in a couple of weeks so I think I will bite the bullet (pardon the pun) ! and buy if as a surprise for him.....
Adult Written byjoshua martinez February 18, 2014

not for kids.

call of duty ghosts is a good first person shooter game but only recommended for adults again this fisrt person shooter game call of duty ghosts is not for kids its only for adults and parents you need to know that call of duty ghosts has a lot of military violence and strong language used.
Parent of a 13, 13, and 15 year old Written bymitchromo116 January 21, 2014

It is Great!!!

I have two 13 year old boys and they really wanted the game so i got it for them. I knew there was violence, it is ok violence and i watched it while they played and it is not terribly bad just tell your kids to put other players on mute during multiplayer if you want to avoid strangers.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byParent of a 12 January 31, 2014

Call Of Duty Ghosts Is fine for 12/11 and up!

My Son really wanted this game and all his friends had it, so I watched him play it at his friend's house and there is a tiny bit of blood and no gore, sex, drugs or alcohol. There is infrequent (Hardly any) swearing and all kids at that age have heard it all before. If you look at the rating common sense media give it is not true that it is not for kids and if you look online they will try to give you the worst of the worst. When PEGI rate games they try and pick up as many things as they can to raise the age limit. PEGI ratings are much different to film ratings a PEGI 16 ratings would easily be a 12 movie. So I think it is fine for 12/11 above!
Parent Written byThe Real Review February 7, 2014

The Real Review of Call of Duty: Ghosts

its not that bad...if your child is 10&up then ''Call Of Duty Ghosts'' should be ok for them...before you child plays go to the settings and disable ''Graphic content''..that will disable Blood and Gore,Strong Languge,and and some of the violence
Parent Written byGeorgePorge February 3, 2014

TeamWork And Helping

I think that the game makes you think how to hide and how to work with others! These skills help the classroom and to not get in trouble for group projects!
Parent Written byImjustsaying December 28, 2013

Good game, no sex, gore, shooting towards enemy

Bought this for our 15 yr old son. Read reviews and felt it was ok for his age, no sex, just plain gun fighting with your enemies. I sat with him at his computer( we bought the computer game, don't own xbox, etc) and it was him fighting communist Russia. Shooting, blood when men get shot, less blood and gore then a slasher movie or Walking Dead tv show. It's really a cartoon game but more life like.
Parent Written byZackalborn November 28, 2014

Great game for kids ages 12 and up

Great game for kids ages 12 and up This game is great for children who understand that it is a game. It teaches them about strategy, negativity of war and politics. It is great for multiplayer gaming because players have to work together to win. It has a great story about a president that believes that power is life it's self and that anyone without power is worth nothing to society. As you play you see more and more how terrorist attacks change the way we live.
Educator and Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bylizo1 January 11, 2015

ALL KIDS HAVE TO PLAY THIS IT WILL TEACH THEM ALL!!!! ALL ABOUT THERE ABC'S

it has valuable life lesson and about the nice and safe world :)
Educator and Parent Written bybrokeng November 6, 2014

LEARNING

My child learned how to swear!!!!

This is the best thing ever I now don't have to watch what I say. I Hairy Coxs love this game
Parent of a 10, 12, and 15 year old Written bymmp October 28, 2014

ok game not for under 14

No kids under the age of 14 should be exposed to this much violence or killing other humans
Adult Written bySh0ck_13lade May 15, 2014

Not a Good Game to Buy

I am a competitive gamer, as a matter of fact, a game designer at Naughty Dog Inc. Nothing wrong with the game. It's very disappointing. Plain as day. Every Call of Duty game is a copy and paste. It's not very violent (from what I have seen in my life). It's a waste of money. I really recommend Battlefield 4.
Parent Written byTheguy44 April 1, 2014

It's ok

Let the kids play it and the perental controls make it better
Parent of a 10 year old Written byScreaminScott February 16, 2014

NO GRAPHIC CONTENT FILTER

Please be aware that there is NO GRAPHIC CONTENT FILTER on this game. The other reviews that mention this filter are wrong. The player will get the full effect of spurting blood and profanity, including the f***, sh**, d*mn. Other Call of Duty titles did have this filter, but "Ghosts" does not.
Parent Written bymarc123456789 January 31, 2014

appropriate for 11 and up!!!!!

This game is a first person shooter. It is almost exactly the same to a James Bond movie. I laughed when my 11 yr old asked me for this. Then I agreed to a trial and didn't know what all the fuss is about. As soon as you shoot someone they just fall over. This is like any 12 rated film.
Parent Written byGroverGoode January 7, 2014

Not what I had hoped it to be

I had a lot of high hopes for this game but it really disappointed me. The game gets boring after about 5 days and the campaign isn't good. I really don't like the multiplayer setup. Don't buy this game unless you really want it.
Adult Written bytheemeraldgolem/ August 1, 2015

Violent and bloody

Very violent sh.t used multiple times hard multiplayer. Good campaign storyline.
Adult Written byTrator July 1, 2015

Taking CoD to a new phase, this a game is for 15s

I recently played and completed this game. Blood and gore is equal as compared to CoD Modern Warfare or Black Ops series. Game has some challlenging scenarios. Parental control and all that stuff can remove them, but this game should be enjoyed with its original content