Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Call of Duty: Ghosts

Bloody, frenetic combat makes this shooter for adults only.

Adult Written byAkatsuman132 December 11, 2013

Seriously, stop letting kids play games like these and getting angry when you see it's violent.

Please, PLEASE do not buy this game for your kids. This is game is obviously violent and was just not made for kids. The campaign itself lackluster with a fairly poor story and the online community is less than friendly. This is not a game for kids, at the very least not for kids under sixteen. Sixteen is an understandable starting age group for players, but do not let your ten and eleven year olds' play. And parents of the world, do not your young ones play, because all that's going to happen is you're going to see how violent the game is, take it away from your kid, who will then be angry with you and you'll end up blaming the company that made the game when you could have spent less than a minute to see the "M for Mature" rating on box and make the correct determination that this isn't kid friendly.

Adult Written byThe Real Review February 7, 2014

The Real Review of Call of Duty: Ghosts

its not that bad...if your child is 10&up then ''Call Of Duty Ghosts'' should be ok for them...before you child plays go to the settings and disable ''Graphic content''..that will disable Blood and Gore,Strong Languge,and and some of the violence

Adult Written byZackalborn November 28, 2014

Great game for kids ages 12 and up

Great game for kids ages 12 and up This game is great for children who understand that it is a game. It teaches them about strategy, negativity of war and politics. It is great for multiplayer gaming because players have to work together to win. It has a great story about a president that believes that power is life it's self and that anyone without power is worth nothing to society. As you play you see more and more how terrorist attacks change the way we live.

Parent of a 10, 12, and 15 year old Written bymmp October 28, 2014

ok game not for under 14

No kids under the age of 14 should be exposed to this much violence or killing other humans

Parent of a 7, 9, and 12 year old Written byConcerned Parent June 17, 2014

You are being mislead!

I read several reviews about Call of Duty Ghosts...and i had never purchased a mature rated game before...so i decided to read several reviews and do some homework on the issue at hand and was surprised to find so many reviewers that said you can turn off the blood and language via the parental controls. So after debate with my wife we decided to make the purchase...but was disappoint to find no parental controls whatsoever. We searched and searched in every menu, setting...and found NOTHING! I was very disappointed that so many people stated the opposite, including the wika page on the game. So I contacted Infinity Ward thru customer support and they told me flat out that there are NO parental controls and that the game is rated 17+ Mature for a reason, that the game is NOT intended for children whatsoever! Please do NOT buy for your children no matter what they say or what you read...contact the game developer directly thru their customer support. I wasted $60...don't do the same!

Adult Written byGeorgePorge February 3, 2014

TeamWork And Helping

I think that the game makes you think how to hide and how to work with others! These skills help the classroom and to not get in trouble for group projects!

Parent of a 13, 13, and 15 year old Written bymitchromo116 January 21, 2014

It is Great!!!

I have two 13 year old boys and they really wanted the game so i got it for them. I knew there was violence, it is ok violence and i watched it while they played and it is not terribly bad just tell your kids to put other players on mute during multiplayer if you want to avoid strangers.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byThatGuy1423 December 7, 2013

Great for ages 10 and up!

It is a great game that my kids love!I let them play it on there free time. It has some bad language....but i use that almost every day.But its about a squad of men saving the USA so i think its a great lesson.

Adult Written bywatchfulparent November 24, 2013

good game for kids

This game is absolutely for kids and i barely let my 8 year old watch anything with sex and violence but in this game there is nothing to worry about. I say it is absolutely for kids

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byThe Illegal Horse February 5, 2019

Call of Duty Ghosts

Honestly, I think children 13 and up should be allowed to play this game. It's not really as bad if you like shooting games. There isn't a lot of swearing or sex, and there is absolutely no drinking, drugs or smoking. The only thing bad about Call of Duty Ghosts is that there is a lot of violence.

Written byAnonymous November 20, 2018

The butt review

Another good call of duty game. Easy to play and a lot of people say it is for adults, well if you play the game and your kid knows not to shoot people then it should be fine for kids 12 and up. So for teens. This game and all the others have great quality and almost looks like real people.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byTHEBESTREVIEWS August 24, 2018

GOOD BUT IS QUITE VIOLENT

Call of Duty Ghosts is a good game but is quite bloody. One of the best game modes is an alien one in which you kill alien like creatures.

Adult Written bySexeymemes69 May 8, 2018

traaaaaaaaaash

tis gam is traaash
Adult Written byFortniteGamerXD March 16, 2018

trash

THIS IS GARBO LIKE INFINITE WARFARE

Adult Written byfook m. December 17, 2017

Great for kids!!!

my 2 year old loves killing people, I hope this can be a bright future for him.

Adult Written byJeff S. November 22, 2017

Should you get call of duty?

I think you should get call of duty because it brings out the fun in games and if you have a 11 yr old and a 12yr you should consider buying them call of duty

Adult Written bySam Marrick November 16, 2017

Strong Bloody Violence and Brief Language

Modern Warefare violence level. Space mission pronounces blood a lot more. Blood splashes are somewhat larger and Environment splatter is more often here but not level of Treyarch games. Gunshot executions, blood pools periodically, scripted stabbings bleed profusely, an ax repeatedly struck to a neck (bloody but not really up close) dog bites. 1 use of MFer.
Parent of a 10 and 11 year old Written byjulie b. September 29, 2017

for kids

I think that kids should play the game if they want to
Adult Written byHenry M. August 25, 2017

Great game to play with mates, but quite graphic.

Amazing game, but look into it before allowing younger teens to play it.

Adult Written bySarah H. July 16, 2017

Don't give this to your kids.

I was going to write a mock review. But whatever. I really only used to come onto sites like this to laugh at what people say about games but I need to be honest here. THERE IS LOTS OF VIOLENCE AND GUNS. There is swearing. There is violent death and executions and blood. There is a dog who rips people's throat out who you get to control. There are almost no female characters so if you're hoping for a well balanced with good female role models, you'll be dissapointed. The multiplayer, while letting you play as a woman is a glorified gambling machine, it looks ugly, the color pallette is ugly. The multiplayer is so frustrating, your kid will probably start swearing, and then, you'll probably get older kids, teens and tweens and thirty year olds swearing and saying inappropriate things for anyone less than twelve. The game also comes off as somewhat racist and the story is boring and bland and poorly written. I'd even recommend Black Ops III over this trash, because at least that game, while gratuitous with it's violence and swearing, has interesting ideas and themes baked into it, though definitely not for anyone under 16, even with the graphic content filter turned on. And one last thing, the gameplay isn't even very good and it doesn't even have good music. If you're going to let a kid younger than 13 play this, play it with them, even if you just sit and watch and talk about it, you don't even have to touch a controller. There's this whole stigma about video games leading to violence with no substantial evidence, but children still shouldn't be exposed to certain things when they are too young. Yet if you still believe that they are linked, then don't let violent games raise your kid, don't buy it for them because you're too lazy to spend time with them or can't get them to find an off-screen interest. This game is violent and not appropriate for kids, but worse than that, it's not even good. Don't buy.