All member reviews for Call of Duty: Ghosts

Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2013

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT COD GHOSTS

so first of all i am a kid. but before you stop reading this you should hear me out this call of duty is not very violent not at all there is no gore hardly any language this game is also a sweet loving title about sticking together and fighting what you belive in there is also brotherly love and fighting with mans best friend a dog named riley you care for riley hug him and pat him on his head.some people do not even think of there animals and just let them bark or meow bordly all day in a neighborhood.these men protect him from floods fires and more they care him to the hostpital when he is hurt.the violence is minimal too.i hear a few of you saying but you are shooting people well the story is not even about killing it is about freedom fighters and caring for those you love.siblings can even team up with out fighting to fight robots and aliens . they overate these video games this game is like james bond or trans formers. thank you for your time so you know the truth about the game bye ps.you can link your progererss to an i pad and look at your stats and make online teams with your friends
Teen, 13 years old Written byjusthappytohelp November 10, 2013

Good game for teens

Now before you go to another person because I am only a teen let me tell you. I have been playing Call of Duty for more then half of my life, and Ghosts is the best game with a clear message. Fight back when something is not right. Campaign: the first thing I want to touch on is the Campaign. Although most people go straight to multiplayer I started with this. The campaign is amazing and is about a small squad or "Ghosts" fighting back when a missile hits America . The enemies are from south of the equator. They also call themselves "The Federation". The campaign has a lot of violence and Language. Not as far as Black ops 2 but a little more then MW3. If that makes sense to you Multiplayer: This mode right here is why almost everybody buys a call of duty. There is a lot of violence since it is a war simulator. And if you a mic, you will almost certainly here language from people who feel it is ok it say the "N" word or say drop the "F" bomb. This can all be avoided though but a quick mute. Extinction: This is just a bonuses game mode. Like Zombies in W@W. All it is, is you going to from alien hive to alien hive and destroying them. The enemies are only aliens so this game mode is not so bad. Over all this game give a good message with a good role model. And if you hear cursing from multiplayer just mute them.
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2013

AMAZING.

This is a great game. I think it is fun for all (11+)
Teen, 17 years old Written bygamer review November 24, 2013

CALL OF DUTY IS OK FOR KIDS!!!!

call of duty ghost is a good game. there is violence,blood,cursing but you can all that off. I like it because your a patriot to America and defending the country you love. its a first person shooter fighting other countries that are about to set of nukes but its not like grand theft auto where you kill for no reason, its for kids who are normal and don't have the intensions to do bad stuff . in ghosts its less violent then the other ones to.
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2013

As a mature action game: braindead and awful. As a satire: absolutely hilarious.

This game is pretty bad. The single-player game boils down to going down a narrow corridor shooting "bad guys." There is little skill involved, as your health regenerates when you squat behind a barrel as the numbskull enemies remain at their posts, hopelessly showering your indestructible cover with bullets. Multiplayer is also mindless drivel, with everybody so eager to shoot and kill that they're easily killed themselves because of their haste. Death doesn't hold much consequence, with the player waiting 5 seconds as the screen shows them the perspective of the player who shot them in the moments leading up to their death. Then, it's back to the fight, and dying exactly the same way you did before. I found that near when I stopped playing (I played these games religiously during my younger years, believing I was mature,) one can simply sneak around the edges of the battlefield, taking players by surprise, and at no point did anybody ever find me, as they simply charged into battle wildly. In terms of story, the writing is so bad it's good, with the USA being portrayed as the underdog, fighting against an overwhelming threat. What force could possibly threaten good old Uncle Sam? The South Americans. That's right, not the Russians, not the Chinese, none of those, the South Americans. If that wasn't ridiculous enough, how did they do it? By hijacking USA's ORBITAL DEATH-RAY. I put that in capitals so there was no mistake of what you just read. The funny part is that the guys who own an orbital-death ray are the heroes. there is a fair amount of bad language in the campaign, and a few grisly bits of violence in the campaign too, but generally the game depicts violence in a rather silly way. There are only minor spurts of blood, and the game is rather tame, but it's just the other players that are vulgar. Most players with microphones are going to spew out curses because they make them sound mature. Players are also very rude, and use derogatory terms at players who are new or unskilled at the game, or players who use strategies that are successful, but considered cheap. (Most of the successful strategies can be countered easily, but players are locked into one way of thinking.) So in short, if a child's playing this game, mute microphones. Finally, if you have an earlier version of the game, do not buy this, they're practically the same.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybvgaming November 17, 2013

Great Game!

This is one of the less bloody Call Of Duty games. There is not much blood around dead players and when enemies are shot they die in a puff of red. I would recommend having you kid play Squads as there is little violence and no bad language. If you play Multiplayer you can mute other players. This is a great game for kids 12 & up
Teen, 13 years old Written byjacoblorobloc January 14, 2014

This game is good for kids 10 and up.

This game is very good, although you can turn off the blood and gore. There is also a setting to turn off the "bad words and language" in multiplayer, and campaign. This game is alright for kids 10 and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJust believe me January 2, 2014

Not as bad as parents can think

Parents you need to realize that this video game is not realistic at all! This is a fun game to go online with friends sure there is violence and language but I have been playing this science I was 9, along with everyone at my school and we have all turned out fine so far. I know parents think that this is bad believe me my mom didn't want me to get it at first but I said ill show you gameplay and if it's bead we can return it or just go online and youtube gameplay. It's almost the same violence and language for every call of duty. But when parents say when your mature enough.... You really don't need to be too mature as long as your parents don't think that you'll kill someone which is a 1 and 1,000,000 chance
Teen, 13 years old Written bywashington6944 December 23, 2013

Ghosts

Pretty much every COD game has a graphic content filter. Ghosts does as well, and with the filter on, the game is less violent than Halo. The blood and language is turned off, and sex/drugs/smoking/drinking aren't in the game anyway. But most kids who want to play this game will be in middle school, and most middle school kids should be able to play the game with the filter off. Kids that are 12 or older probably know that its just a video game and they wont start running around and shooting people, but some parents still think that playing violent video games will make their kid violent. Its kind of ridiculous when you think about it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byA real gamer December 20, 2013

The truth about Call of Duty from an experienced gamer

This is probably a game I wouldn't recommend for anyone, except maybe kids in the age 9 to maybe 13. First of all call of duty hasn't seen much change since the old game modern warfare it has pretty much the same graphics and the same kind of game play. The reason for why I'm recommending this to kids though is because it's probably one of the easiest games you can and it doesn't require much skill to aim in it since there is no recoil or anything which makes it very easy to shoot other people in the game. If you're looking for a good shooter and feel that you want a bit more of a challenge I would recommend getting Battlefield 4 instead which is better in probably every way especially graphics and sounds. Call of duty ghost's textures are really horrible, the reason people say it's "next gen" is because it is very poorly optimized on the PC it's basically unplayable if you don't have a really high end pc, because of the unstable framerate. The reason why it's so poorly optimized is because the devs want to make it look make it look next gen and you can't really enjoy unless u have next gen console but basically it's still the same game as it was before. If your kids really want to play cod I would recommend getting cod 2 which takes place during the ww2 so your kids will basically learn history while having fun it's also a much better game than the other ones.
Teen, 17 years old Written byGamerevier December 27, 2013

OK FOR 12 and up

Good game not much blood,cursing or much of anything very mild for a cod game. Sadly not to much fun. The developers tried to make the game different from previous cods but only made the game much worse than before and I was very disappointed
Kid, 11 years old December 2, 2013

This is one of my fav games well this and MW2 it has a great story line and is fun to play

Great game,great story and great combat
Teen, 16 years old Written bywillman72 November 28, 2013

not a black ops series

just to let you know the black ops and world at war series are the games that have dismemberment. while this game is less bloody it still has blood splater but its average for a shooter swearing is not much of an issue in this title and the only thing you should worry about in this game is online interaction as voice chat is aviable
Teen, 14 years old Written bymrmattman99 December 5, 2013

Call of Duty Still Doesn't Want To Die, So it Goes Ghost

The game's campaign (story mode) does add a little bit of spice to the slowly dying Call of Duty franchise. I don't mean it is dying in terms of fans, but in terms of content. Call of Duty keeps distributing the same game over and over, with different tweaks here and there. Violence: This is a shooting game, violence is the entire game. It is no more violent than other shooters, though. Language: The campaign has language, but nothing your teen hasn't heard before. The online multiplayer, the highlight of the game, often features foul-mouthed players who tend to curse a lot. Privacy Safety: The players you play with in multiplayer may threaten your safety. Privacy is based on what the player tells the others.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPoopMagee November 20, 2013

Violent, but worth your time.

In this game you engage in the role of Logan, an un-licensed veteran fighting for his country which was crushed and destroyed by South Americans(He's fighting for America) with Dad and friends. The game contains lots of violent acts(Stabbing enemies in the neck or kneecaps) and of course most of the game contains massive gun fights which are joined by red splashes of blood, and some blood-stained environments. Several Sequences or cutscenes depict extreme acts of violence( A bound man shot in the chest several times, astronauts gunned down and killed in a space station, dogs ripping open necks(slightly obscured), and interrogation scenes that goes as far as a few punches to the face.) Some calling cards available in the online multiplayer contain images of Marijuana leaves surrounded by smoke(No drug use depicted). The words *Sh**, Assh**e, and da*n are heard in the dialogue. One line of dialogue contains the words Mother F**ker, and an Eminem song that plays during the credits has several instances of the "F" word. Players also use simulated currency to buy weapons and attachments for their characters. I recommend 14 years old, or a very mature 13 year old.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrating_guy November 16, 2013

solid game

a solid shooter, but not the best
Teen, 17 years old Written bySwaggyTurtleGamer March 28, 2015

COD: Ghosts Review

This was the first COD I played. It has a great campaign/ multiplayer. All my friends said that it wasn't good, but I disagree. There is some swearing, but not over the top. It is violent and is rated M, but what do you expect. Great game. #COD
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2015

Blood, Guns, and More Weapons

This is an extremely innapropriate game for anyone under the age of 15 or 16. Seriously, my friend this age played it with me and I was disgusted. Some scenes I had to leave the room they were so violent. One of them in which you tied a rope and were to slide down the side of a building, shoot down on other players, pin them to the ground and stab them in a chest with an incredibly sharp knife. This was incredibly disturbing and footage I will never be able to get out of my head. Most parental reviews are children making adult accounts so they can get the game. And it is hard to play, it was incredibly hard to get used to the controls and honestly I will avoid ever playing this game again. Incredibly horrifying children or ANYONE play this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byVicia February 22, 2015

Lies

Well, a lot of reviews here of kids are LIES, and a lot of those of parents are actually from children. Just trust me in this one. There isn't nearly blood(except in the campaign, that lasts maximum 7 hours. In the multiplayer, the main focus in this game, there isn't cursing or blood or drugs, but you're still killing people . Basically I would say that if someone 13+ is mature enough, there shouldn't be any problem.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBeantean February 1, 2015

LEARNING

A great military shooter for teens

Call of Duty Ghosts, is no where near as violent as this review makes it sound. When you choose to stab adversaries, (yes, you CHOOSE to stab them) little blood is shown, and the actual stabbing is incredibly quick. The most violent part of the game, *SPOILERS AHEAD* is when you become the protagonists dog, and have to take out enemies. Not for kids any younger than 13, this first person shooter would make a great, and completely appropriate, addition to any gamers collection.