All teen and kid member reviews for Call of Duty: Ghosts

Teen, 13 years old Written byhahnchenblau June 19, 2015

Should be rated T

Call of Duty is a great game for kids in middle school. It is very tame and the only "gore" is when you get hurt and the screen turns red. However, if a kid is playing online multiplayer, they should not use the voice chat, because there are some really bad people out there.
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2015

Blood, Guns, and More Weapons

This is an extremely innapropriate game for anyone under the age of 15 or 16. Seriously, my friend this age played it with me and I was disgusted. Some scenes I had to leave the room they were so violent. One of them in which you tied a rope and were to slide down the side of a building, shoot down on other players, pin them to the ground and stab them in a chest with an incredibly sharp knife. This was incredibly disturbing and footage I will never be able to get out of my head. Most parental reviews are children making adult accounts so they can get the game. And it is hard to play, it was incredibly hard to get used to the controls and honestly I will avoid ever playing this game again. Incredibly horrifying children or ANYONE play this game.
Kid, 10 years old October 14, 2014

not bad

has the word s**t and blood nothing like black ops but dog do rip peoples faces off not so cool oh and some time you be the dog.
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2014

Really CSM you Made It Sound This Game Will Ruin Kids Brains

I Went Over To A Friends house and he was playing COD ghosts. Yes The Game Was Violent but then he turned off blood and swearing in the games settings and everything changed the game was basically goldeneye for wii a Teen game. I Have Been Told That The Multiplayer Has Angry People Screaming Swear Words Into A Microphone so i would turn off the volume in mutiplayer. When I Played The Game I Realised It Was A Lot More Than Just Shooting. Overall i think with the swearing and blood off i think it's appropriate for kids 12+
Teen, 17 years old Written bycoolguy87 May 26, 2014

Call of duty Ghosts

This game is too violent for ages 12 and under, however a mature 13 year old should be able to handle it. Enemies grunt when struck, and blood spurts out, but there is a filter which turns off blood and language. There are a few execution sequences, people executing civilians, you stabbing people with a knife, however these are quick and not too bloody with the filter on. The learning is OK, because of teamwork, and thinking stragetically. Source: I have the game. Violence 7/10 Sex 0/10 Language 8/10 Substances 1/10 Drinking/Drugs 0/10 So, yeah. Thanks for reading this, hoped it helped!
Teen, 14 years old Written bysir2go May 17, 2014
LEARNING

Besides some blood, really not that bad.

I have been playing Call of Duty since i was 11 years of age, and it's always the same. Fast paced, and fun. If you are thinking about getting this game for your child, it really isn't a bad idea unless they are easily influenced by what they see in the world. All this game has that is bad is profanity here and there (but only in the singleplayer campaign mode) and blood. Nothing that should influence your child. Best of all, there is absolutely no sex in the game (which is what I think parents worry about most) except for an abandoned strip club that is quite obscure. But all in all, I think any child old enough to know his way around his controller will find this game to be worth his time. Online play is fine, as long as your child isn't hearing voice chat. People can say a lot of bad things.
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2014

Great game

A really family friendly game with lots of good role models and also it is very educational
Kid, 12 years old March 29, 2014

THIS IS THE WORST CALL OF DUTY EVER MADE

There is no originality, horrible game modes, the graphics are the worst ive ever seen, and the maps are nothing new! DON'T get this horrible piece of trash! If you want to get a Call of Duty that is worth the money get Black Ops 2, now that's money well spent.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJacksonLink2 January 31, 2016

Don't let younger kids play it!!!!

No matter how much they may beg, whine or cry, DON'T GIVE IN!!!!! 8, 9 and 10 years olds playing a massively violent game with gore, profanity and other things I probably shouldn't mention, given my rank of authority. But, if you REALLY are mature enough to play these games, by all means, what's stopping you? So, if you are underage, at least get your parents consent before immersing yourself deeply into this somewhat enjoyable 1st person shooter developed by Activision. I played this on my Nintendo Wii U home console. This is usually a family oriented gaming industry, but recently been supported by 3rd party developers, Activision for example. They have inappropriate games, so, don't immediately think it's okay because of the brand name. JUST DON'T LET YOUNG KIDS PLAY THIS FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEnglishPenguin December 29, 2015

Somewhat enjoyable game, as long as you ignore campaign mode witch is more cinematic than game play.

COD Ghosts is probably the least enjoyable call of duty game I have ever had the displeasure to play. I only made it through the first campaign mission resigning myself to spend more time watching boring cinematic clips instead of playing the game. Blood can not be disabled nor swearing, something usually present in the franchises games. The multiplayer is, well, ok, (the only thing i enjoy doing is playing infected on local and seeing if I can survive when the infected use grenade launchers. )(only won once.) The extinction game mode is a weak but occasionally enjoyable stab at mustering the endless fun of Zombies survival from other COD games. Overall do not buy the game unless its under $5 dollars.
Teen, 17 years old Written byC king December 26, 2015

Teamwork

I was playing ghosts one day and my sister came in wanting to play,so i let her try. She really likes ghosts now. Team work is key in multiplayer and we work really good now together
Teen, 14 years old Written bypatrickmutch December 15, 2015

Pretty good.

CoD Ghosts is a pretty OK game, with an average campaign and a pretty good multiplayer. However, Extinction is pretty dumb. The campaign has about one "f**k" and a few other occurrences of bad words. Nothing too bad. The blood in the game is like Modern Warfare 3, not too bad (no splatter or gore). The game is pretty mild and a good shooter for 12+.
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2015

Great Game! Okay for Mature Children

This is a very good fun game, and as long as you know the difference between this and real life, it should be fine to play. You can turn on colour blind settings to make blood purple and mute the volume to block out swearing.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2015
LEARNING

How old should you REALLY be to play this?

I honestly have seen kids anywhere from 7 and up play this game without thinking it was scary of anything at all. One of the real reasons the game is rated so high is not because young kids shouldn't play it, but because some parents don't want their children seeing the violence. My mom never let me play the game, though one day I went to my friends house and watched them play it. It wasn't at all what I had been expecting, due to the high ratings. Parents just don't want their child growing up thinking shooting people is fun, or the right thing to do. I have to admit there can be a little bit of drinking, drugs and smoking but that's all.
Kid, 10 years old October 24, 2015

READ BELOW

I believe that kids should not play multiplayer (killing other real people in the game) and if your kids are begging for this game. Give it to them. It teaches to never give up and stick with your team.If you are concerned about language. All it says is sh** and you can barely even hear it!This video game is great for mature kids that are 10+
Teen, 17 years old Written byjeffreoy123 October 12, 2015

NO THAT FUN!!

i think it has to mush swearing and blood and when you play on ghosts there not ghost there aliens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywill.prott October 11, 2015

It's all Right

It does include a bit of violence but it would probably be alright for kids 12+. Once you reach this age you mature and can handle this a bit more maturely.
Kid, 10 years old September 8, 2015

Great

I got this game knowing there was profanity and blood but it's not bad. I personally decided to turn off the sound on my tv and Leave the subtitles on so I could have an idea of what's going on. Let's get to the point, blood 7/10 it's bad but you shouldn't let it detour you, drugs 1/10 there is a small weed reference in the multiplayer but it's easily avoidable, language 6/10 they do say the s word and the f word but again avoidable I hope this helps you reach a decision. And if you're still not sure rent it and play it for yourself.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCommonSenseGamer July 22, 2015

Common Sense Review of COD: Ghosts

I have a friend that only plays Call of Duty: Ghosts and I decided to try it out. After playing some campaign missions, I was a little concerned about the swearing. You couldn't really hear it, but if you have the Subtitles on, it would pop up every once in a while. About half way through, it eased up and I felt a lot more comfortable because I wasn't waiting to hear the words. Now, I heard f*** only once, and it was so muffled I barely picked up on it. Anyway, it was a fun campaign that was action pack and enjoyable. Now for the multiplayer. It is always fun when you get to choose your favorite load outs and rock the map with your awesome guns, and Ghosts lets you do that easily. Now I like the fact that it's harder to quick scope, making it a lot more fun. All in all, CoD Ghosts is a great game that I can't wait to get. Thanks for reading! ~CommonSenseGamer
Kid, 9 years old July 22, 2015

GOOD GAME

Ok not so much blood worst swearword is sh*t it depends on the child if they can watch 12s fine for them some creepy images nothing Mr swag can not handle. p.s subscribe to my YouTube channel swag minecrafter :)