All teen and kid member reviews for Call of Duty: Ghosts

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMarine August 9, 2014

Ghosts

It is fun know your child. Tons of blood and shooting
Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2014

Great first person shooter

Great campaign lots of swearing but can be turned of and a very violent game but it is a call of duty game so what do you expect must buy but gets boring after a while
Teen, 15 years old Written byJersey Rettam August 4, 2014

Enough beating around the bush, people

Please, for a minute here, let's stop harping about how much swearing kids hear in school for a minute. Have you ever stopped to think for so much a second as to WHY games get rated? They may just be suggestions, but they should at least be given so much as a moment's thought before you completely disregard them. Every review I read is the same. "The swearing isn't anything you won't hear in school." "Any mature 12 year old can handle the violence so long as they know killing is wrong." Be real people! There is no such thing as a "mature 12 year old"! Enough being callous to the profanity! Enough suppressing the fact that this game promotes pure, blatant manslaughter! Enough of the "it's not as bad as Grand Theft Auto"! This game is rated 17 and up and it should be treated that way!
Kid, 10 years old August 3, 2014

Moderate

I think that it is a quite a hard decision to say what age rating it is. It really depends how you monitor your kids using his/her console. It could be a 12 or a 15 but what I think it should be a 12 and up I don't own this game which I think is a wise decision by my parents so i rate it a 12 and up !
Teen, 16 years old Written byBobTom July 25, 2014

More of the same from Call of Duty. There are better games for your kids to play.

Now, I know that many of your kids will want this game because it's popular and their friends play it, but it's not a great game. The violence is pretty typical for Call of Duty. Some blood sprays when you shoot people, and you are CONSTANTLY shooting people, but it's not overly graphic. Language consists of occasional uses of s**t, damn, hell, and if I remember correctly 1-2 uses of f**k. Now I know that this is stuff that kids hear around middle/high school all the time, so that's not a huge issue here. The point is, it's not the best game out there. The multiplayer is fun, but extremely similar to previous games and the graphics are definitely outdated compared to something like Battlefield 4. The campaign was not very memorable in my opinion, and it was extremely linear without giving much flexibility to the player (even Black Ops II offered more customization and variety in the single-player campaign). My opinion is this: Don't go spend the 30 or 40 dollars on this game. It's short and unless you're really a fan of Call of Duty multiplayer and are willing to pay a high price for a short campaign and new multiplayer maps, I'd pass. There are much better alternatives. I am a big fan of the Uncharted series (on PS3). They have the shooting based gameplay that your kid probably wants, but they also have more depth and a MUCH better story. You actually care about the characters, unlike in Call of Duty: Ghosts. Plus, all three games are rated T and are much less violent. They are about $10 each. If you play on Xbox, even Battlefield is similar to Call of Duty, but its multiplayer is much bigger and better than Ghosts' multiplayer. So, to conclude, Ghosts isn't a super inappropriate game for a 12-13 year old kid, but there are MUCH better games out there that I guarantee your kids will enjoy. This is coming from a teen who understands what kids these days want, but I guarantee you that Call of Duty: Ghosts isn't the best game on the market.
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2014

Gotta trust your kid

THIS GAME SHOULD BE RATED T FOR TEEN! The only reason it isnt teen is because of the language which you can turn off... As long as you have a trust with your kid you will be fine
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2014

WHY

Hi i'm Reilly and im 11 years old i come from a military family and understand that your doing the right thing. I think personally this game disrespects our troops and our military in America. I used to want this game but my parents wouldn't let me get it mainly because of the instense violence. I was and still am a bit stressed out because all of my friends had this game or 1 of the COD's (Call of duty) and i always wanted one. I am a xbox 360 gamer and now Thanks to you do not want any of the Call Of Duty's. I used to be extremely frustrated at you because this website is the reason my parents wouldn't get me call of duty. My opinions of this website have now changed Drastically seeing as almost everyone in my family has been in the military and have or do work for law enforcement such as my dad who currently works for law enforcement.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBaggieGamer2002 June 29, 2014

Not as bad as games like Battlefield and Medal of Honor

Apart from the campaign and extinction no swears. The only part I'd be wary of is this scene where this man is beaten then shot with many swears following
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2014

a ok game but okay for kids 10 and up

first of all i got call of duty ghost for christmas i thought that it was going to be great but it wasnt it is 60$ and there are lots of programming issues you dont have time to react and bam your dead the multiplayer sucks it has huge maps that make you run around for 5 minutes to find someone people camp the only way to get good small to medium sized maps is to drop 50$ to 60$ to buy a seasons pass also you have the option to buy 1$ to 5$ customization packs to make your guns and character look cool the campaign on the other hand is great and i think it is magnificent evan though it only takes 2 to 5 hours to complete maybe 7 if you get all the rourke files and achievements for consumerism there are headsets mice keyboards and controllers around costing alot of money aliens extinction mode is okay but to get better maps you have to drop 50$ to 60$ on a seasons pass in my opinion you do save 10$ with a seasons pass and i would recommend getting one call of duty ghost is okay but in order to get the best experience you have to drop about 150$ on the game if your kid wants this discuss with him that there are games for 25$ such as mw2 mw3 black ops black ops 2 and call of duty 4 modern warfare for all of these games you can drop 75$ to 100$ and have a better game
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2014

LEARNING

It has returned, and it is epic

I think this game really slips away from a 18 rating because it contains no disturbing content. It can be emotional if your dog gets shot but it can be prevented by keeping it away from danger. There is allot of swearing but only splatters of blood. Overall, this game may be a mature but gets a 14 rating.
Teen, 14 years old Written byghostfan June 13, 2014

LEARNING

Okay Okay, the cod franchise is a big blur of crazy violence and blood. But honestly this is one of the least violent and mouthy. I mean the f word is not said until something really bad happens. It is not overused AT ALL compared to other cod games. If you are thinking of buying this game for your kid. I say look at all the cod games and compare them. I would choose this game if my child REALLY wanted it. For christmas or holidays. But i would always recommend checking other reviews first a 13 year old with an opinion is all i am so yeah.

Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2014

Multiplayer Only

I think that if you are a parent reading this, I would definitely let your child play the multiplayer if they have ever seen a pg13 movie of played a T game. It has minimal blood, no swearing apart from chat (can be disabled). There are two dlcs that aren't appropriate for young kids( The Blunt Force Dlc, it is a marijuana themed camo pack and there is a snoop dogg pack that curses a few times during gameplay. I would not recommend the the campaign to small children as it has strong language and has much more violence. The multiplayer also has a few more violent things that you can do, but infinity ward did it in a way that it has minimal blood, you can stab someone with a knife ( almost no blood) and using throwing knives. If you do allow your child to play campaign, it has great role models, but you should turn the volume off. If you decide that your child is not ready for this, here are a few great alternatives: CoD MW3, BO, and BO2 have filters that take out the language and the blood in campaign mode. The only exceptions is the clip scenes which can be skipped.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNinjaGinga May 29, 2014

If you don't like it you can blow it up with a C4.

The game is AWFUL! If I were you i wouldn't buy this game because there is nothing good about it.
Kid, 12 years old May 20, 2014

Okay for 9+

Violence 5/10: Blood puddles, blood splatters. But you can either change the color or turn it off. Language 3/10: a couple uses of f**k, sh*t, hell, damn, You can turn it off once you start the game and it changes f**k to fudge, sh*t to shoot, hell to heck, damn to dang. Sex 0/10: A military game with no sexual content. Ease of Play: Easy to play as long as you don't raise the difficulty. Positive messages 10/10: The Ghosts are trying to piece America back together and the Old World back together from a deadly explosion. So if your child is 9 or up, go right ahead and get it for him or her.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDEADMOUSE May 7, 2014

BEST GAME OF 2013

I WOULD LET YOUR KID OVER 14 0R 8 PLAY THIS GAME
Teen, 14 years old Written bychad.a May 4, 2014

Call of Duty: Ghosts - A Brief Summary

Call of Duty: Ghosts is the newest game in the Call of Duty series. This game is played by many children, all over creation. This game has been rated "Mature 17+" by the ESRB. Now, I don't find the game to be too violent. As long as you accept the fact that it's fiction, this game is okay. If your child understands right from wrong, get them this game. If they don't, you might want to have second thoughts about getting it. For mature teenagers, say, 14-year-olds, this game is appropriate. The violence is not gory or too graphic, just some blood, which isn't really visible. The language isn't bad either. If this game was a movie, it'd be rated PG-13. This game also promotes teamwork and also correct spending of earnings. This game is very fun and also teaches skills, but needs to be played by more mature audiences. By mature, I don't mean 17 years old, I just mean someone who understands the game is fiction, and understands right from wrong. Don't be fooled by the over-sensitive ESRB rating.
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2014

Good game, but bloody

Call of duty ghosts is like any other first person shooter game with blood and violence and swearing. Swearing is not really a problem though. It says s*** a fair amount of times but I’ve on heard it say f*** once. Online multiplayer has players swearing in it but you can mute them. There is lots of violence and using guns but if your child knows that using guns is wrong then this is the perfect game!
Kid, 9 years old April 30, 2014

Not Really Bad

Everything bad can be turned off.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazykid1092 April 26, 2014

LEARNING

The First Next-Gen Call of Duty Game!!!

As it is a FPS, the main problem is blood and violence. Blood will sometimes squirt out of enemies, and in some campaign missions there is additional gore. There is also some language. While F*ck is only said once in the campaign, the credits has an Eminem song playing (says F*ck at least 8 times). There is also a Snoop Dogg voice-over DLC for the multi-player, and some of his lines include the word F*ck.
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2014

LEARNING

Okay for kids. Parents, just think it through.

What parents should know is that Call of Duty: Ghosts is fast-paced shooter. The first time I played the game, I had a hard time believing that it was an M rated video game. Kids 10 and up should be fine. There is basically no blood when you kill someone. You'll see it splatter in the air for 1 second and it disappears. It won't stain the environment. In the campaign there is an f-bomb that is dropped in dialogue and that is the worst that the language goes. There is a space mission where when you shoot someone, the blood floats for about 5 seconds because of the gravity. If kids want to play the game offline but with other people, then consider local play. Local play is a mode where you can play by your self and have Bots (Not real people) play with you. The worst kill streak (when you get multiple kills in a row) reward is when you get to go on a rampage with a knife. The only way to kill in this mode is to stab people in the chest. This is brief, and there is not a single bit of blood. As far as violence in this game goes, headshots are the worst. If you are letting someone from 8-12 play this game, try and force them to stay away from headshots. Head shots are bloody, very bloody. Considering the next-gen graphics in this game, the blood is graphic and detailed. Other than that, language online is horrible and you're child is guaranteed to hear one swear online. Players can easily be muted and you won't hear anyone. Unfortunately, this is the only game in the Call of Duty franchise/series that doesn't have an on/off setting for the blood and language. If you trust your kid can be mature enough to play this game, go ahead and let them play. Most parents are being overprotective of their children and won't let them play shooter games. This is not the first M-rated game a kid should play. Check out the reviews on halo or maybe even The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. These games are not that violent and they are a great start for kids. Thank you for reading my long review.