All member reviews for Call of Duty: Ghosts

Bloody, frenetic combat makes this shooter for adults only.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byGamesForTeens November 29, 2013

Call of Duty Ghosts for kids 12+ and mature Enough!!

Before I let my son play any videogame, I research all I can find about it. this time I bought the game and was very surprised to see that you could turn off all the bad language and blood. I played campaign with the option enabled, and was even more surprised that I never heard a cuss word once. With the no cussing and blood option on, it basically dropped Call of Duty Ghosts down to a T rated game. Also, once you turn off the language and blood, it cant be turned back on. I wouldn't recommend this game for anyone under 11. I think it is for kids 12 and up and kids that are mature enough to play this game.
Parent Written byGreg Smith November 28, 2013

Call of Duty Ghosts Is an okay game for kids 12 and up.

This call of duty game has been one of the best I have ever played. if you don't like intense hard core language in video games, the this is the game for you. When you first start this game, you have the option to turn off most of the really bad cussing. With this option enabled, you will hardly ever hear words like the f, s, and d words. Even if you don't have this enabled, when I was playing I only heard the s word once and that was in the background of a really loud scene, so I really didn't hear it. I hope this review will help you decide if this game is appropriate for your kid or not.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAdultsDontHearOrCare November 18, 2013

Glitch In The Rating System

This game is a classic example of a glitch in the rating system. You've got the campaign mode, which should be rated M, and is, and then you've got this excellent multiplayer with very little blood and no cursing at all, but you, the insensitive parent, go, "Oops, this game is rated M, and even though I could just get the game for my teen kid and let them play the multiplayer, which is still a great experience in and of itself, I'm just going to let the rating speak for the whole game without considering that it might be a very nuanced game." And for those of you who say, "But people curse in the chat!", I have three things to say. -Player language is not rated by the ESRB. -Mute them. -Or, just don't use a mic.
Parent of a 7 and 13 year old Written bySpraio May 22, 2014

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Once again, CSM is not telling it how it is. Call of Duty is known for fast paced, bloody violence. This game IS not like the other games. When enemies are shot, a very unnoticeable spray of blood comes out. When I play, I barely notice this. Blood will stain the environment, a sunlike other Call of Duty games, the blood can not be disabled. Language is another problem. Characters are constantly cussing, weather it's at someone else, or just at the situation. There is only one exception to the violence where it will spike. A son watches as the main enemy shoots his father is the chest multiple times, and the shoots him in the head. There was no gore, however, when the dad was on the floor, a puddle of blood did appear under him. This is the most violent the game will get, and it doesn't last for long either. When using a knife to kill enemies in normal gameplay results in no blood, you will have to have a few more deliberate kills with a knife. The only one that was bad was when you jump on someone, and stab them is the chest. A small amour of blood is shown, but there is no gore ever in this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfpsandrpgveteran November 15, 2013

Great game. Watch your son play it at first. 13+

I'm a 13 year old (I am 13 years old) FPS Veteran and I highly recommend this game. MANY ADULTS WILL CLAIM THAT THIS GAME IS MATURE, BUT, IT ISN'T. AS LONG AS YOUR CHILD IS ABLE TO DISTINGUISH THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REALITY AND A GAME. CAMPAIGN: The game is quite violent and has occasional strong language. Infrequent gore, but, a considerably high amount of blood. MULTIPLAYER: Adults and children (believe it or not, eight year olds) do use profane language most of the time. Now, with the new 'mute' feature, you could block the profanity. EXTINCTION: Aliens are invading earth and that crap. Nothing scary unless you're afraid of a bug that jumps around making obnoxious sounds. Make sure to watch your son playing the game and his reactions to it. PROS: No sexual/suggestive content No drugs (unless you consider 'revive' a drug) No alcohol Positive Role model: Well, the story is about a squad called Ghosts who attempt to free America from South American control. In the Ghosts, there is a father with his two sons and a great story of love and friendship continues throughout the game. Compared to other games such as GTA V; this game is very benign. GTA V contains many sex scenes, hookers and strip clubs. (Funny how they have the same rating) ~13, played FPS for eight years (parents never cared since I displayed good maturity)
Teen, 13 years old Written byjacoblorobloc January 14, 2014

This game is good for kids 10 and up.

This game is very good, although you can turn off the blood and gore. There is also a setting to turn off the "bad words and language" in multiplayer, and campaign. This game is alright for kids 10 and up.
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2013

As a mature action game: braindead and awful. As a satire: absolutely hilarious.

This game is pretty bad. The single-player game boils down to going down a narrow corridor shooting "bad guys." There is little skill involved, as your health regenerates when you squat behind a barrel as the numbskull enemies remain at their posts, hopelessly showering your indestructible cover with bullets. Multiplayer is also mindless drivel, with everybody so eager to shoot and kill that they're easily killed themselves because of their haste. Death doesn't hold much consequence, with the player waiting 5 seconds as the screen shows them the perspective of the player who shot them in the moments leading up to their death. Then, it's back to the fight, and dying exactly the same way you did before. I found that near when I stopped playing (I played these games religiously during my younger years, believing I was mature,) one can simply sneak around the edges of the battlefield, taking players by surprise, and at no point did anybody ever find me, as they simply charged into battle wildly. In terms of story, the writing is so bad it's good, with the USA being portrayed as the underdog, fighting against an overwhelming threat. What force could possibly threaten good old Uncle Sam? The South Americans. That's right, not the Russians, not the Chinese, none of those, the South Americans. If that wasn't ridiculous enough, how did they do it? By hijacking USA's ORBITAL DEATH-RAY. I put that in capitals so there was no mistake of what you just read. The funny part is that the guys who own an orbital-death ray are the heroes. there is a fair amount of bad language in the campaign, and a few grisly bits of violence in the campaign too, but generally the game depicts violence in a rather silly way. There are only minor spurts of blood, and the game is rather tame, but it's just the other players that are vulgar. Most players with microphones are going to spew out curses because they make them sound mature. Players are also very rude, and use derogatory terms at players who are new or unskilled at the game, or players who use strategies that are successful, but considered cheap. (Most of the successful strategies can be countered easily, but players are locked into one way of thinking.) So in short, if a child's playing this game, mute microphones. Finally, if you have an earlier version of the game, do not buy this, they're practically the same.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybvgaming November 17, 2013

Great Game!

This is one of the less bloody Call Of Duty games. There is not much blood around dead players and when enemies are shot they die in a puff of red. I would recommend having you kid play Squads as there is little violence and no bad language. If you play Multiplayer you can mute other players. This is a great game for kids 12 & up
Parent of a 11 year old Written bySarim Niazi January 1, 2014

8 & UP- Jamie Oliver's choice!

This is a really good game and should be allowed for an eight years old or higher!
Teen, 17 years old Written byGamerevier December 27, 2013

OK FOR 12 and up

Good game not much blood,cursing or much of anything very mild for a cod game. Sadly not to much fun. The developers tried to make the game different from previous cods but only made the game much worse than before and I was very disappointed
Teen, 15 years old Written byJust believe me January 2, 2014

Not as bad as parents can think

Parents you need to realize that this video game is not realistic at all! This is a fun game to go online with friends sure there is violence and language but I have been playing this science I was 9, along with everyone at my school and we have all turned out fine so far. I know parents think that this is bad believe me my mom didn't want me to get it at first but I said ill show you gameplay and if it's bead we can return it or just go online and youtube gameplay. It's almost the same violence and language for every call of duty. But when parents say when your mature enough.... You really don't need to be too mature as long as your parents don't think that you'll kill someone which is a 1 and 1,000,000 chance
Adult Written byisaacrocks10 April 22, 2014

Call of duty

Now don't just go away because this review is by a teen. This should be for ten and up. Yes the campaign has violence and swearing.vthe campaign should be rated M. But in every other call of duty u can take the blood and cussing off. So there for it should be rated T. Yes there is violence but it's about war what do u expect.,there is no sex or drugs. I don't really play the campaign but there could be smoking. The multi player is great. The players on multi player are not. This swearing is not rated by the ratIng company. Because they have a mic and can yell and swear. But all this stuff is the same as a pg-13 movie. And also u can just mute or not even use a mic. Your kids hear more at middle/high school. So it's not even that bad. I loved. Not as much as battlefield 4 but still ok. The storey is good it's about brothers and family fighting to protect America. So if u have liked call of duty in the past this is a good one. Thanks for reading. Hoped it helped decide. Go check out my review on battle field 4. Look for my user and thanks
Teen, 13 years old Written bywashington6944 December 23, 2013

Ghosts

Pretty much every COD game has a graphic content filter. Ghosts does as well, and with the filter on, the game is less violent than Halo. The blood and language is turned off, and sex/drugs/smoking/drinking aren't in the game anyway. But most kids who want to play this game will be in middle school, and most middle school kids should be able to play the game with the filter off. Kids that are 12 or older probably know that its just a video game and they wont start running around and shooting people, but some parents still think that playing violent video games will make their kid violent. Its kind of ridiculous when you think about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymrmattman99 December 5, 2013

Call of Duty Still Doesn't Want To Die, So it Goes Ghost

The game's campaign (story mode) does add a little bit of spice to the slowly dying Call of Duty franchise. I don't mean it is dying in terms of fans, but in terms of content. Call of Duty keeps distributing the same game over and over, with different tweaks here and there. Violence: This is a shooting game, violence is the entire game. It is no more violent than other shooters, though. Language: The campaign has language, but nothing your teen hasn't heard before. The online multiplayer, the highlight of the game, often features foul-mouthed players who tend to curse a lot. Privacy Safety: The players you play with in multiplayer may threaten your safety. Privacy is based on what the player tells the others.
Kid, 10 years old February 19, 2014

Bloody but fascinating game that is finally at it's best.

Infinity Ward has done an extremely good job on the game. The writer, Steven Gaghan, made sure that the game was not as hard-hitting as the other Call of Duty games such as Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. If you visit the PEGI website, you will see that they have rated all of the M-rated Call of Duty games from 2008-2013 18+. But you can see that for Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts, they are 16+. The game is finally an excellent success and as a kid who has played every Call of Duty campaign from beginning to end, I'll have you know that this was the best and most kid-appropriate game in the franchise. The profanity isn't too bad until the end when the closing credits song has plenty of uses of f--k, s--t, bitch and a--. There is so sexual content. The violence is not too bloody. The game is a simulation of real combat which can help kids understand what war is like.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez February 18, 2014

not for kids.

call of duty ghosts is a good first person shooter game but only recommended for adults again this fisrt person shooter game call of duty ghosts is not for kids its only for adults and parents you need to know that call of duty ghosts has a lot of military violence and strong language used.
Parent of a 13, 13, and 15 year old Written bymitchromo116 January 21, 2014

It is Great!!!

I have two 13 year old boys and they really wanted the game so i got it for them. I knew there was violence, it is ok violence and i watched it while they played and it is not terribly bad just tell your kids to put other players on mute during multiplayer if you want to avoid strangers.
Teen, 16 years old Written byA real gamer December 20, 2013

The truth about Call of Duty from an experienced gamer

This is probably a game I wouldn't recommend for anyone, except maybe kids in the age 9 to maybe 13. First of all call of duty hasn't seen much change since the old game modern warfare it has pretty much the same graphics and the same kind of game play. The reason for why I'm recommending this to kids though is because it's probably one of the easiest games you can and it doesn't require much skill to aim in it since there is no recoil or anything which makes it very easy to shoot other people in the game. If you're looking for a good shooter and feel that you want a bit more of a challenge I would recommend getting Battlefield 4 instead which is better in probably every way especially graphics and sounds. Call of duty ghost's textures are really horrible, the reason people say it's "next gen" is because it is very poorly optimized on the PC it's basically unplayable if you don't have a really high end pc, because of the unstable framerate. The reason why it's so poorly optimized is because the devs want to make it look make it look next gen and you can't really enjoy unless u have next gen console but basically it's still the same game as it was before. If your kids really want to play cod I would recommend getting cod 2 which takes place during the ww2 so your kids will basically learn history while having fun it's also a much better game than the other ones.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byAMOD May 6, 2014

I am in the process of buying this for my son who is 10 in a couple of months. He is a great kid, well behaved does his homework and other friend's his age have it. Of course being the ever so cautious parent I have appreciated the reviews on this site, so thank you. He goes the match as he is a season ticket holder so hears bad language all the time and knows 'Never' to repeat it so that's not a problem. He makes his communion in a couple of weeks so I think I will bite the bullet (pardon the pun) ! and buy if as a surprise for him.....
Teen, 16 years old Written bywillman72 November 28, 2013

not a black ops series

just to let you know the black ops and world at war series are the games that have dismemberment. while this game is less bloody it still has blood splater but its average for a shooter swearing is not much of an issue in this title and the only thing you should worry about in this game is online interaction as voice chat is aviable