All member reviews for Call of Duty: Ghosts

Bloody, frenetic combat makes this shooter for adults only.

Parent Written byFergus99 November 21, 2015

Brilliant game for kids 10 and up

It's what you expect from a first person shooter, just with the violence and blood and gore scaled down. There is not to much swearing and definitely not as much as your child would experience at school. The only scene that i would watch out for would be (CAUTION SPOILER ALERT) the scene Elias dies that is a tiny bit gory and upsetting but that's pretty much it. If your child watches things like Jurassic World, Insurgent and The Hunger Games trilogy then this is totally appropriate for them. It would be a shame for them to miss out.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2014

Ok. Less Violent Than Battle Field!

Whatever you expect in a shooting game. If mature teens can handle a M game you might aswell buy this game. Not as good as other C.O.Ds though.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byParent of a 12 January 31, 2014

Call Of Duty Ghosts Is fine for 12/11 and up!

My Son really wanted this game and all his friends had it, so I watched him play it at his friend's house and there is a tiny bit of blood and no gore, sex, drugs or alcohol. There is infrequent (Hardly any) swearing and all kids at that age have heard it all before. If you look at the rating common sense media give it is not true that it is not for kids and if you look online they will try to give you the worst of the worst. When PEGI rate games they try and pick up as many things as they can to raise the age limit. PEGI ratings are much different to film ratings a PEGI 16 ratings would easily be a 12 movie. So I think it is fine for 12/11 above!
Parent Written byImjustsaying December 28, 2013

Good game, no sex, gore, shooting towards enemy

Bought this for our 15 yr old son. Read reviews and felt it was ok for his age, no sex, just plain gun fighting with your enemies. I sat with him at his computer( we bought the computer game, don't own xbox, etc) and it was him fighting communist Russia. Shooting, blood when men get shot, less blood and gore then a slasher movie or Walking Dead tv show. It's really a cartoon game but more life like.
Kid, 11 years old December 2, 2013

This is one of my fav games well this and MW2 it has a great story line and is fun to play

Great game,great story and great combat
Teen, 13 years old Written byrating_guy November 16, 2013

solid game

a solid shooter, but not the best
Teen, 13 years old Written byrated18 February 7, 2016

Why the rating doesn't matter.

When your child asks you to get him/her this game or any other M rated game, don't stubbornly say no in their face. This game is rated M for mature. That obviously means that this game is intended to be enjoyed by mature audiences. Just because your child isn't an adult doesn't exactly mean he can't handle the content in the game which is apparently intended for adults. You know your child better than anyone. Do you think he/she is mentally stable enough to play games like this? Do you think your child will repeat foul language he/she hears in this game? Think these questions through, and then make the decision. Just because your parents, doesn't mean you have the right to not listen to what your child is saying. If your child is mature enough to sit down and have an intellectual conversation with you about this game, then he/she is probably mature enough to handle this game anyway. The rating I recommended is just the general age I think maturity catches on. Summary: whether your child is 2 or 10, he/she should be allowed to play this game if he/she is mature enough to handle the content and they don't have any mental disorders that could be triggered by these kind of war simulators, such as PTSD. Age ratings are nothing but recommendations. I hope this review helped you to make a decision. P.S: Just remember if you do get your child this game, make sure they aren't chatting with strangers, as you never know who's on the other side.
Parent Written byThe Real Review February 7, 2014

The Real Review of Call of Duty: Ghosts

its not that bad...if your child is 10&up then ''Call Of Duty Ghosts'' should be ok for them...before you child plays go to the settings and disable ''Graphic content''..that will disable Blood and Gore,Strong Languge,and and some of the violence
Parent Written byGeorgePorge February 3, 2014

TeamWork And Helping

I think that the game makes you think how to hide and how to work with others! These skills help the classroom and to not get in trouble for group projects!
Parent Written byaa12er May 8, 2015
Parent Written byZackalborn November 28, 2014

Great game for kids ages 12 and up

Great game for kids ages 12 and up This game is great for children who understand that it is a game. It teaches them about strategy, negativity of war and politics. It is great for multiplayer gaming because players have to work together to win. It has a great story about a president that believes that power is life it's self and that anyone without power is worth nothing to society. As you play you see more and more how terrorist attacks change the way we live.
Parent Written bymarc123456789 January 31, 2014

appropriate for 11 and up!!!!!

This game is a first person shooter. It is almost exactly the same to a James Bond movie. I laughed when my 11 yr old asked me for this. Then I agreed to a trial and didn't know what all the fuss is about. As soon as you shoot someone they just fall over. This is like any 12 rated film.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPoopMagee November 20, 2013

Violent, but worth your time.

In this game you engage in the role of Logan, an un-licensed veteran fighting for his country which was crushed and destroyed by South Americans(He's fighting for America) with Dad and friends. The game contains lots of violent acts(Stabbing enemies in the neck or kneecaps) and of course most of the game contains massive gun fights which are joined by red splashes of blood, and some blood-stained environments. Several Sequences or cutscenes depict extreme acts of violence( A bound man shot in the chest several times, astronauts gunned down and killed in a space station, dogs ripping open necks(slightly obscured), and interrogation scenes that goes as far as a few punches to the face.) Some calling cards available in the online multiplayer contain images of Marijuana leaves surrounded by smoke(No drug use depicted). The words *Sh**, Assh**e, and da*n are heard in the dialogue. One line of dialogue contains the words Mother F**ker, and an Eminem song that plays during the credits has several instances of the "F" word. Players also use simulated currency to buy weapons and attachments for their characters. I recommend 14 years old, or a very mature 13 year old.
Parent of a 11, 13, 16, and 18+ year old Written bycome to pa pa October 26, 2015

so much fun

this game is so cool me and my kids play it all the time and for the new game me and my kids are grabbing a bounch of mtn dew dortios and hot pcokets for codes u should play and i am christan but the killing is all fake nothing real u should play not good for senstive kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byhahnchenblau June 19, 2015

Should be rated T

Call of Duty is a great game for kids in middle school. It is very tame and the only "gore" is when you get hurt and the screen turns red. However, if a kid is playing online multiplayer, they should not use the voice chat, because there are some really bad people out there.
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2015

Blood, Guns, and More Weapons

This is an extremely innapropriate game for anyone under the age of 15 or 16. Seriously, my friend this age played it with me and I was disgusted. Some scenes I had to leave the room they were so violent. One of them in which you tied a rope and were to slide down the side of a building, shoot down on other players, pin them to the ground and stab them in a chest with an incredibly sharp knife. This was incredibly disturbing and footage I will never be able to get out of my head. Most parental reviews are children making adult accounts so they can get the game. And it is hard to play, it was incredibly hard to get used to the controls and honestly I will avoid ever playing this game again. Incredibly horrifying children or ANYONE play this game.
Parent Written bykkqd2349 November 29, 2014

Living in fear...

I bought this game for my 9 year old son, Kevin, with some trepidation. I wish I hadn't now. Within hours of playing it for the first time, his eyes had taken on a fixed, murderous stare, and he started to mutter words like "die". Within 24 hours he'd started smearing mud over his face and wearing foliage in his hair, grunting at his siblings. He is now, just 2 days later, living somewhere in the woods behind our house, last seen with a hunting knife between his teeth carrying a hand made crossbow. Be careful.
Parent of a 10, 12, and 15 year old Written bymmp October 28, 2014

ok game not for under 14

No kids under the age of 14 should be exposed to this much violence or killing other humans
Kid, 10 years old October 14, 2014

not bad

has the word s**t and blood nothing like black ops but dog do rip peoples faces off not so cool oh and some time you be the dog.
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2014

Really CSM you Made It Sound This Game Will Ruin Kids Brains

I Went Over To A Friends house and he was playing COD ghosts. Yes The Game Was Violent but then he turned off blood and swearing in the games settings and everything changed the game was basically goldeneye for wii a Teen game. I Have Been Told That The Multiplayer Has Angry People Screaming Swear Words Into A Microphone so i would turn off the volume in mutiplayer. When I Played The Game I Realised It Was A Lot More Than Just Shooting. Overall i think with the swearing and blood off i think it's appropriate for kids 12+