All member reviews for Call of Duty: Ghosts

Bloody, frenetic combat makes this shooter for adults only.

Learning

Teen, 17 years old Written bycoolguy87 May 26, 2014

Call of duty Ghosts

This game is too violent for ages 12 and under, however a mature 13 year old should be able to handle it. Enemies grunt when struck, and blood spurts out, but there is a filter which turns off blood and language. There are a few execution sequences, people executing civilians, you stabbing people with a knife, however these are quick and not too bloody with the filter on. The learning is OK, because of teamwork, and thinking stragetically. Source: I have the game. Violence 7/10 Sex 0/10 Language 8/10 Substances 1/10 Drinking/Drugs 0/10 So, yeah. Thanks for reading this, hoped it helped!
Teen, 14 years old Written bysir2go May 17, 2014
LEARNING

Besides some blood, really not that bad.

I have been playing Call of Duty since i was 11 years of age, and it's always the same. Fast paced, and fun. If you are thinking about getting this game for your child, it really isn't a bad idea unless they are easily influenced by what they see in the world. All this game has that is bad is profanity here and there (but only in the singleplayer campaign mode) and blood. Nothing that should influence your child. Best of all, there is absolutely no sex in the game (which is what I think parents worry about most) except for an abandoned strip club that is quite obscure. But all in all, I think any child old enough to know his way around his controller will find this game to be worth his time. Online play is fine, as long as your child isn't hearing voice chat. People can say a lot of bad things.
Adult Written bySh0ck_13lade May 15, 2014

Not a Good Game to Buy

I am a competitive gamer, as a matter of fact, a game designer at Naughty Dog Inc. Nothing wrong with the game. It's very disappointing. Plain as day. Every Call of Duty game is a copy and paste. It's not very violent (from what I have seen in my life). It's a waste of money. I really recommend Battlefield 4.
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2014

Great game

A really family friendly game with lots of good role models and also it is very educational
Parent Written byTheguy44 April 1, 2014

It's ok

Let the kids play it and the perental controls make it better
Kid, 12 years old March 29, 2014

THIS IS THE WORST CALL OF DUTY EVER MADE

There is no originality, horrible game modes, the graphics are the worst ive ever seen, and the maps are nothing new! DON'T get this horrible piece of trash! If you want to get a Call of Duty that is worth the money get Black Ops 2, now that's money well spent.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byScreaminScott February 16, 2014

NO GRAPHIC CONTENT FILTER

Please be aware that there is NO GRAPHIC CONTENT FILTER on this game. The other reviews that mention this filter are wrong. The player will get the full effect of spurting blood and profanity, including the f***, sh**, d*mn. Other Call of Duty titles did have this filter, but "Ghosts" does not.
Parent Written byGroverGoode January 7, 2014

Not what I had hoped it to be

I had a lot of high hopes for this game but it really disappointed me. The game gets boring after about 5 days and the campaign isn't good. I really don't like the multiplayer setup. Don't buy this game unless you really want it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJacksonLink2 January 31, 2016

Don't let younger kids play it!!!!

No matter how much they may beg, whine or cry, DON'T GIVE IN!!!!! 8, 9 and 10 years olds playing a massively violent game with gore, profanity and other things I probably shouldn't mention, given my rank of authority. But, if you REALLY are mature enough to play these games, by all means, what's stopping you? So, if you are underage, at least get your parents consent before immersing yourself deeply into this somewhat enjoyable 1st person shooter developed by Activision. I played this on my Nintendo Wii U home console. This is usually a family oriented gaming industry, but recently been supported by 3rd party developers, Activision for example. They have inappropriate games, so, don't immediately think it's okay because of the brand name. JUST DON'T LET YOUNG KIDS PLAY THIS FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!
Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written byJeremy111 January 3, 2016
LEARNING

My son started playing Call of Duty: Ghosts with me a year ago, he is 6yrs old now and is getting 4 to 8 kills per online match. He is only allowed to play with me at this point. He loves to play it and is learning things like how to be a good sport in a competitive environment, how to make rational choices regarding what gun setup is best for what arena and type of game, he's learning hand eye coordination with the controller and a fast paced game, his mental reflexes are getting sharper as he faces pressure under fire and must decide and react quickly to changes. My kids have been exposed to movies and games beyond their age rating for some time now though and are 'mature' for their age. As well we sit and have good discussions about what is right and wrong, what is good behavior and what is unacceptable. So they are able to differentiate between 'on screen' and real life. They also have a healthy amount of 'off screen' play time, being active outside or playing board games etc. I think this game is suitable at whatever age they can grasp the controls, but each parent knows their own kid best.
Adult Written byfullmetaljacko January 3, 2016

Here's what I think...

Call of duty: Ghosts is a FPS games for teens and mature children. The game has moderate violence where when one is shot crimson squirts from the place of impact. The game is in no means the best cod game but is still worth buying... The game features a lot of sh.t and one F word. It also has a brief scene of graphic execution. The game has an online feature which allows players to freely talk and may lead your child to bad language. You may think this game encourages violence but in fact it encourages anything but; it's goal is for your child to despise the terrorists and criminals you play as a good character called Logan Walker who has a brother named Hesh and a dog called Riley.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEnglishPenguin December 29, 2015

Somewhat enjoyable game, as long as you ignore campaign mode witch is more cinematic than game play.

COD Ghosts is probably the least enjoyable call of duty game I have ever had the displeasure to play. I only made it through the first campaign mission resigning myself to spend more time watching boring cinematic clips instead of playing the game. Blood can not be disabled nor swearing, something usually present in the franchises games. The multiplayer is, well, ok, (the only thing i enjoy doing is playing infected on local and seeing if I can survive when the infected use grenade launchers. )(only won once.) The extinction game mode is a weak but occasionally enjoyable stab at mustering the endless fun of Zombies survival from other COD games. Overall do not buy the game unless its under $5 dollars.
Teen, 17 years old Written byC king December 26, 2015

Teamwork

I was playing ghosts one day and my sister came in wanting to play,so i let her try. She really likes ghosts now. Team work is key in multiplayer and we work really good now together
Parent Written byTheApprover December 15, 2015

Not bad!

You know... This is actually fun for 10 year olds and they are at the maturity level for
Teen, 14 years old Written bypatrickmutch December 15, 2015

Pretty good.

CoD Ghosts is a pretty OK game, with an average campaign and a pretty good multiplayer. However, Extinction is pretty dumb. The campaign has about one "f**k" and a few other occurrences of bad words. Nothing too bad. The blood in the game is like Modern Warfare 3, not too bad (no splatter or gore). The game is pretty mild and a good shooter for 12+.
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2015

Great Game! Okay for Mature Children

This is a very good fun game, and as long as you know the difference between this and real life, it should be fine to play. You can turn on colour blind settings to make blood purple and mute the volume to block out swearing.
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2015
LEARNING

How old should you REALLY be to play this?

I honestly have seen kids anywhere from 7 and up play this game without thinking it was scary of anything at all. One of the real reasons the game is rated so high is not because young kids shouldn't play it, but because some parents don't want their children seeing the violence. My mom never let me play the game, though one day I went to my friends house and watched them play it. It wasn't at all what I had been expecting, due to the high ratings. Parents just don't want their child growing up thinking shooting people is fun, or the right thing to do. I have to admit there can be a little bit of drinking, drugs and smoking but that's all.
Kid, 10 years old October 24, 2015

READ BELOW

I believe that kids should not play multiplayer (killing other real people in the game) and if your kids are begging for this game. Give it to them. It teaches to never give up and stick with your team.If you are concerned about language. All it says is sh** and you can barely even hear it!This video game is great for mature kids that are 10+
Teen, 17 years old Written byjeffreoy123 October 12, 2015

NO THAT FUN!!

i think it has to mush swearing and blood and when you play on ghosts there not ghost there aliens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywill.prott October 11, 2015

It's all Right

It does include a bit of violence but it would probably be alright for kids 12+. Once you reach this age you mature and can handle this a bit more maturely.