All member reviews for Cars 2: The Video Game

Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2011

Extreme combat racing follows the movie's main storyline!

Love it! Awesome! If you like the movie, then you'll love the game. Lots of gunfire, explosions and weapons are used. The game's storyline is almost the same as the movie. The game actually takes place after the movie. Some levels in the game don't even have to do with racing. Some have to do with hunting down "bad guys". Some also have to do with surving an attack by collecting "batteries" to keep your "shield" activated. There is also one multiplayer game called "Disruptor." The object of it is to collect "bombs" to place in the opposing team's base, to destroy it. So as you can see, it's not just a racing game. It's a spy game. Kids 10 and up can play. Anyone under 8 might find it either too hard to play, or too violent. The game has simple controls. The Wii version gives a more realistic driving experience by letting you tilt the Wii remote to steer left and right. Therefore, it is a little bit harder to steer. Although, that isn't the only control you can use. You may also use it with the nunchuk or the classic contoller. You can even use the Nintendo Gamecube contoller. If you are looking for a good action racing game, then this is the way to go.
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2011

dsdsaddsjfhsbdjkcisozdnov

It's Glitched at the end.
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2011

Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

Not horrible,but the movie is WAY BETTER!

OK,this is a sort of entertaining game,but it gets boring WAY TOO QUICKLY! I wish the game stayed FUN!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 22, 2012

Can kinda get boring, don't you think?

This is really not a bad game, but this is a ripoff hot wheels: beat that game, and the graphics are not as good as the first Cars game.
Kid, 11 years old October 8, 2011

Cars 2 needs a refill

It's the best movie licensed game I've played (it barely escaped the barrel), but compared to others, that doesn't say much. The cars are very unstable and hard to completely control, the weapons are pretty much useless, and Lightning McQueen barely cracks a single "Ka-chow!" in the game, despite the annoying number of times he says it in the movie promos. "Bonus stages" where you have to kill cars lacks good AI, and the product placement alone (movie and game) is an unfamiliar jerk away from the classic theme in the original. I wouldn't fully recommend this game, but for desperate game-night families, it's worth a go.
Teen, 14 years old Written byF-Zero studios August 2, 2011

Nice, but,

Some Violence
Kid, 10 years old July 27, 2011

Cars 2: the Video game! -- FUUUN!

This game is to me, VERY fun! You get to do multiple things, you can do free races, lessons, and battle races, which have weapons along the way that you can shoot at other racers to get ahead. And you can do up to 4 players in any game! I would suggest renting this game from Redbox or something because it depends on who rents it if they like it or not. I personally really enjoyed it and so did my dad, and sister. If you like any type of racing game, or enjoyed Cars 2 the movie, I would definately try this one!
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2011

Cute game!

It's actually REALLY fun! Great game for kids. Some explosions.
Kid, 11 years old July 9, 2011

Fun, exciting, then it whines down very slowly.

Now this game isn't too violent, but you can see cars flipping out of control and machine guns called machine guns and act like machine guns, and ARE machine guns... But still the racing is exciting, fast... But then slows down with the stupid controls. I like the mariokart style wiimote tilt control, but to backwards drive you must press down on the D-pad, but you must also hold down for 3-4 seconds until it works... CONCLUSION: Before buying this, rent it first, I liked it but still it seemed boring (Maybe due to lack of hub world i loved in cars the game) Another thing is this game also uses internet interactions with the world of cars online, that extends the lasting appeal.