A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this game.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
There aren't any reviews yet. Be the first to review this title.
What's it about?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
Families can talk about how programmers create the behavior of characters in video games such as CodeCombat. Do you think it's easy to create unique traits for characters in games? How easy would it be to change these characteristics once you learn how to program?
How does solving a problem, such as beating a game level, force you to approach it in separate parts? Can this apply to every problem, or are there some problems that can't be broken into pieces?
The game includes multiple languages you can learn. Why learn one language over another? What is similar or different about the various program languages included in the game?
- Platforms: Mac, Windows
- Subjects: Arts: playing
- Skills: Thinking & Reasoning: applying information, decision-making, defining problems, hypothesis-testing, logic, problem solving, solving puzzles, strategy, thinking critically
Creativity: combining knowledge
Self-Direction: achieving goals
Emotional Development: persevering
Communication: asking questions
Tech Skills: digital creation, using and applying technology
- Price: Free to play, $9.99 a month for more levels and other extras.
- Pricing structure: Paid, Free (Kids can play the game for free. The subscription unlocks additional content and powers that makes playing the game easier.)
- Available online? Available online
- Developer: CodeCombat
- Release date: June 8, 2014
- Genre: Educational
- Topics: Magic and Fantasy, Adventures
- ESRB rating: NR
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love programming
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.