All member reviews for Crysis 2

Peerless graphics make this violent shooter extra gritty.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2011

Awesome game!

My parnets le me get Crysis 2 and belive me, it is worth the money. It is the most realistic game out now. The only thing to look out for is swears. They appear in battel more than often. Any way, great game 2 thumbs up!
Teen, 14 years old Written byitsaboks March 30, 2011

A Sublime Game from Start to Finish

Crysis 2 is by far the best looking game on console or PC, my friend might disagree (He thinks the best looking console game is Heavy Rain) but Heavy Rain has nothing on Crysis 2. This is an engaging game from start to finish. Unlike other games out there, Crysis 2 almost seamlessly manages to balance multiplayer and singleplayer. The story is a great conspiracy story, and should be up there with stories such as Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code". However, with this story, comes content. Crysis 2 has blood. Not minimal like, say, Halo Reach. But not even close to the level of blood a game like God of War or Dragon Age Origins has. Language is a problem as well. Your character doesn't swear, but numerous other characters in the game do. If you choose to use stealth, you will be near enemies almost at all times, and after one sees you you will hear language. Some time's it a mild "Son of a b--ch!" or a "S--t", but other times its something along the lines of "Shoot the motherf---er!" or a "F--k!". These are random, so there's no way of telling what they will say. The cutscenes have a fair amount of language too, but only with an occasional "F--k". The bar-raising graphics and hyper realistic rag-doll effects are unnerving, because bodies will fly, 15-20 feet after an explosion, and the graphics make the violence all the more realistic. However, unlike the first Crysis, you don't play half the game before encountering the first aliens, you only play the first few levels. All in all, Crysis 2 is a good game from all the way through, and should be considered as a well made alternative to Call of Duty.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRealDealx April 24, 2011

It is a great game, showing some blood, but nothing compared to other great titles like Gears of War 2 or Black ops.... I would not recommend for children under 12 as the game can come over quite scary at times, and makes you feel lonely
Teen, 14 years old Written byhanstv April 1, 2011

13 and up

Most reviewers that aren't teens yet wouldn't really get that it isn't that bad. But this game has a lot of violence but none of it very graphic.(you see a man shoot himself in the head with no gore involved) There are a half dozen F-Words but if your 13 and have seen a half dozen PG-13 movies (referring to the one F-Word limit) or are at school you've already heard this. There are no messages really but the game involves a lot about trust, many people in the game are backstabbed (literally and figuratively) It also shows the problems with to much power. I would not say these are positive messages, but it shows how corrupt a man can be (this is not the main character) The review on this site states that a man may be hung over at the beginning of the game, the one thing is most people aren't hung over in the middle of the night they are just tired so no substance is involved. There are no role models but the main character (Alcatraz) and another character(Prophet) both believe they can fix everything and they both try to save the Eastern part of the U.S.A. I really never saw anything to do with sexuality I just must not have payed attention. I really liked the game I had a day off and beat the game in that one day, I think anyone 13 or over has already seen and heard everything inappropriate and are mature enough to understand the game and won't kill anybody.
Adult Written bygame rev June 24, 2012

LEARNING

great and SUITABLE for kids 12 and up

this game has a really good storyline, with diffent choices creating moral diffenrences later on in the game. the actual game play is depicted with minimal violence and out of this world graphics while the use of profanity is few and far between. an amazing hit especially if you want your child to be able to play a game like this without the blood and gore. AMAZING.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySqueakyJustin June 13, 2011

Crysis 2

The violence is realistic and there is some blood but you could see that in a pg-13 movie. The real problem is the swearing. The game features numerous f-bombs and lots of other types of bombs. I would say there is an f-bomb every 5-10 minutes, which ruins the epic-ness of the story. You can turn off the voices if you want. It's a really good game, though.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byFatherbear April 19, 2011

Great for teens.

This game is very fun. My 13 year old loves it. There is violence in it but nothing as bad as the game Call of Duty: Black Ops. There is also some bad words in it but if you let your child watch PG-13 movies then you have nothing to worry about. I'm pretty sure there are more bad words in those movies than in this game. If you decide to buy the game there will be a rating that says partial nudity on the back. Don't mide it. The only nudity in thise game is an old man in this green liquid. But you can only see the outlining of him so no private parts are shown. The main character is very patriotic. He is fighting for his country against terroist and aliens. Good rolemodel.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byryut12 April 9, 2011

Amazing! But some concerns.

I love this game! But there are some concerns about it. First, the violence is a little much. As you are wounded blood splatters on your screen. Also, enemies splatter blood when shot. The violence is just above Halo Reach, and not near Call of Duty, or other military FPS of todays time. The language is not so bad, but F**k is said about 6 times throughout the game. Overall, the game has some frequent blood, and infrequent but harsh language, though nothing too extreme. The game is amazing!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. October 19, 2012

Shooters graphics look stunning, but it's to violent for younger kids.

This first-person shooter puts players in intense firefights with people screaming realistically. Blood spurts from enemies when they are shot. Stealth kills show Alcatraz(your character) twisting and stabbing necks. Sick people are frequently shown, vommiting and rolling on the ground in pain as corpses of both alien and human.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMacroPower July 20, 2012

Awesome Game, Filters Make It Better.

I was really debating whether or not to get this game. Eventually, I bought it after I found gamesoap.net (a language filter). It worked great on everything but cutscenes, there were 2 f***'s and one m*****f*****. I think it would have been a lot worse on the language front without that mod, because you could hear where language had been taken out. I'm thinking 8 f-words and varios minor curses from other reviews that I've seen (but don't take my word for it). The game is quite realistic, which can be both good and bad. There are spurts of blood when you shoot aliens and/or humans, some humans are pretty much nawed up chunks of flesh laying in pools of blood. Also, a man commits suicide early in the game. You might wish to know that I found no nudity or sexual content AT ALL. I have no idea what esrb was talking about. If there was nudity, I completely missed it. Overall it was a good experience, as the protagonist, you encounter positive role models throughout the game. Your personal motives are also noble. If you're not bothered by gore or language (or if you install the filter), this is a great game.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysantas army June 4, 2011

10 and up

Crysis 2 is a violent game about the same violence as halo:reach.The concept of the game is that aliens have invaded earth and you have wipe them out.You have machine guns,grenade launchers and other weapons.You are fighting for good so that gives kids a good message unlike Grand theft auto and your fighting aliens so some people find it less disturbing.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byPepsi October 30, 2014

Good game must get

There is hardly any violence in the game a few bullets needed to shoot people but all in all a very good game
Teen, 16 years old Written byovrcookedfunion September 19, 2013

Amazing game.

The game is the best first person shooter I've played in a long time. The game's violence is about the same of COD (call of duty). Oh the graphics!! If your gonna get the game get it on PC. The language is there through out the game. But the sex? What sex? sure the rotting corpses are gruesome but there are no body parts shown. Get this game its fun, amazing looking, and not that bad in age sence.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byfamilyvideogames July 12, 2013

Crysis 2, great and suitable game for children

This game is very good for pre-teens, it has a good role model, in this case prophet (main characters name). Prophet is trying to defend his city from terrorists and aliens. also the game has excellent graphics and should be played by children. most parents would not like the SOUND of the game BUT its just a video game and theres no real harm in playing it. one last thing to all the worried parents out there worrying about there children going of and be cereal killers or drug dealers... relax, its a great game and theres nothing to be worryed about.
Teen, 16 years old Written byobsidious February 26, 2013

Crysis 2

Hello! Today I am reviewing the game "Crysis 2" which I just finished playing recently. I can tell you that it is a fantastic game with great graphics, but there are concerns. Let me tell you a little bit about the game first. Players play the character "Alcatraz" who is a Marine (in a specialized suit that gives him special powers) on a mission to find Dr. Gould, who has the cure to stop an alien invasion. These aliens are called "Ceph" and players fight them throughout the game. Players will also encounter and kill human enemies called "CELL troops". This game has excellent graphics for 2011, causing it to be realistic and violent. However, do not expect "Call of Duty" or "God of War" level violence, but it isn't exactly "Halo" level either. When you shoot human enemies, some blood spurts out, but it isn't too graphic. When you shoot alien enemies, sometimes, depending on the type of alien, orange-ish "blood" will shoot out, but when fighting more machine-like aliens, no blood is shown. Some weapons cause more blood to be seen than others. Players can "cloak" or be invisible to silently kill enemies, although this is optional, but it's very helpful sometimes. Melee attacks on enemies can be snapping necks, slitting throats, or stabbing them with a small knife. Some human characters can be seen laying on the ground with blood splattered everywhere next to them.A few cutscenes show more intense violence, e.g. A man falls out of a window, you see him hit the ground and blood splatters on the ground, Decomposed humans can be seen but it looks like orange-ish red goo, and dead bodies are seen in cages. Violence, however, is not the only issue. Language is very frequent and strong. It appears once or twice every five minutes and ranges from s--t to f--k to hell, with f--k being the most frequent. For example: What the f--k was that?, You motherf--ker you knew!, and He's just one f--king man!. These are very frequent. This actually took away from the story in my opinion. Parents, keep in mind that Crysis 2 is not all about blood and language. It's a really great game with a long campaign and an excellent soundtrack. But like I said, there are concerns. I would say "on" for mature 14 and 15 year olds, maybe for 13 if they are very mature. If this game is too much for your kids, try some other ones I think are appropriate for 12 and 13: Uncharted, Battlefield Bad Company, and inFamous. Those are great games. Also, I'm playing Crysis 3 right now, and I can tell you that it is similar in terms of violence in language, but the graphics are amazing. So if you are ok with this, I recommend Crysis 3. Thanks for reading!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybowboy123 January 31, 2013

great sifi shooter

good game FOR a MAUTURE kid
Parent Written byRating Gamer January 15, 2013

I am a gamer

Yes, I am a gamer with my 9 year old boy... Yes there is a massive violence and Offensive language in it, But this game is just plain amazing, You can turn off the offensive language (i think)... But at least its better than call of duty
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 December 27, 2012

like call of duty but still really good

minimal blood but like call of duty language you hear its in the back round when you get shot and when you shoot someone but it isnt constant.
Kid, 9 years old September 23, 2012

LEARNING

REMEBER THIS PARENTS

To be honest with you I have not played this game yet but I have played other sci fi shooters and they are not that bad sure you will get the f bomb a couple of times by the endgame but if you belive that your kid is mature engouh the get it.
Adult Written byBrioCyrain May 6, 2012

There's no Crisis

A great shooter all around, no matter if you're a story or multi gamer.