All member reviews for Crysis 2

Peerless graphics make this violent shooter extra gritty.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byPepsi October 30, 2014

Good game must get

There is hardly any violence in the game a few bullets needed to shoot people but all in all a very good game
Parent Written byRating Gamer January 15, 2013

I am a gamer

Yes, I am a gamer with my 9 year old boy... Yes there is a massive violence and Offensive language in it, But this game is just plain amazing, You can turn off the offensive language (i think)... But at least its better than call of duty
Kid, 9 years old September 23, 2012
LEARNING

REMEBER THIS PARENTS

To be honest with you I have not played this game yet but I have played other sci fi shooters and they are not that bad sure you will get the f bomb a couple of times by the endgame but if you belive that your kid is mature engouh the get it.
Adult Written byBrioCyrain May 6, 2012

There's no Crisis

A great shooter all around, no matter if you're a story or multi gamer.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 26, 2012

Loads more fun than the prequel.

I have hours of fun whenever I play this game it's totally worth the money it's very violent but it's the gameplay that counts violence is just an effect used in games to liven up the content and action
Teen, 15 years old Written byGiratina3100 September 2, 2011

Realistic Shooting Game but be careful!

This game is the best,fun and so realistic.The graphics (CryEngine 3) is by far the most realistic and in top-notch quality graphics engine.The gameplay and storyline are awesome.The game is 2 times better than the first Crysis.There are a lot of features such as Sandbox Editor 2(PC version only).The game is quite difficult and there are violence like killing aliens and seeing corpses but not that violent like Gears of War and Call of Duty.Bad words may contain in the game though.The multiplayer mode let you play online and allows you to voice chat.Its fun but be careful not to give personal stuff like age,address and etc. I think you should know your child before buying this game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJim Henderson August 25, 2011

Fun, but very mature.

Now I've played many games, good and bad, from Katamari Damacy to Gears of War, which uses some very strong language, to call of duty a somewhat bloody FPS. Now I thought Gears of War had a lot of profanity, but then I played Crysis 2 campaign and I thought "Woah, that's a lot of cussing, maybe I'll play some multiplayer.", so I did. I switched to the multiplayer lobby and started a team deathmatch game. Now I had been playing for a few minutes when I got killed, so I watched the kill-cam, and right before I died I heard my guy yell "F--- you!", so thank goodness I only rented this game. It is also very bloody, no matter where you happen to shoot the enemy, it's quite a blood gush.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJacobTheGreat2 July 2, 2011

Watch Out For Language

Violence- If you played Halo then you would know the violence level on their. Crysis 2 is bloodier and more violent than Halo, but not by much. You do shoot humans in both campaign and multiplayer. But you shoot aliens in campaign to, in fact, most of the campaign, you shoot aliens. And no blood comes out of the aliens. (Also known as the Seth) Nudity- Not much to say. The whole reason why I put this here is because on the back, on the rating thing, it says "Partial Nudity." Nothing to worry about, really. I don't know why they put it there in the first place. There is no nudity in the game, so you can totally ignore it. Language- This should be your biggest concern. It's the whole reason why I listed it pause in the first place. This game cusses a lot. Using word like F---, and S--- allot. It may get on parents nerves sometimes, but you should be fine if your child doesn't repeat cuss words.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. Doubtfire June 18, 2011

Gritty game is exciting

Crysis 2 is a great game and you have fun all the way to the amazing end. Graphics like no other you actually feel like you are really and inside the game which is a great game experience. This gritty game is amazing and should get as much respect as possible.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byerny4321 May 16, 2011

Dont make your self crazy...

I'm sorry but not to sound like a bad parent, but I played this game with my son and this game in no way is unappropriat. For parents that aren't into the video games remember this KIDS see worst stuff on CSI then they do playing any type of M rated game and at the end of the day this is how their generations interacts it may be a little weird for us but its what they do.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnakeEater54800 May 12, 2011

Better than Black Ops and scary sometimes

First of I'd like to say this game is Awesome! But as for age 12+, because now days kids play CoD plus as a parent just tell the kid about why this stuff shouldn't be preformed in real life. Also CryTek's name is everywhere it this game.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybigd1215 April 21, 2011

Good for everyone over 13

This game is a very good game. The only reason it is not for kids is because of over protective parents. Kids who play these types of games turn out fine. I blame the parent more than the game for bad behavior from a child. The only iffy part about the game is that aliens can be kinda of scary fro littler kids. All in all a very good game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashwolf88 April 18, 2011

ok gameplay good graphics

its an ok game where u manage 3 power strength ,armor and stealth to defeat your enemies.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byScratcher_cat March 24, 2011

Not goot for preteens, I'd reccomend 14.

The Message is positive, the man is protecting his home. It's pretty easy to play, and the protagonist is a great role model for kids to become loyal and patriotic.
Written byAnonymous March 23, 2011

A visual feast...

This sets the new benchmark for not only the graphics, but also the detail in the level design. Great, intense, gameplay, beats the complex writing. I would necessarily recommended it for any system other than PC, but it's still a great game overall.
Parent of a 10, 12, and 14 year old Written byGimmick March 23, 2011

The best!!!

This is a fantastic visual feast, the graphics are suberb, the combat is sublime and the fun is over the top. However There is the matter of the violence and language in this game. There is lots of bad language in this game, such as f--k's and s-it's. Though players usually fight alone so you don't hear it so much. There is loads of shooting, punching and jumping in this game and blood is shown, but not frequent. There is such things as turning on armour mode and punching the jelly out of aliens, jumping and smashing to the ground, blowing everything around you in another direction and the most violent aspect: stealth assassinations. Stealth assassinations are were you turn stealth mode on, walk up behind someone and knifing them. This is roughly the same assassinations as halo reach, but not as violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAstralghost March 23, 2011

The language is a bit much

This game is awesome, but while there is some blood, it's not the most gory game in the world. There are some things that Parent's may not find suitable in this, but as long as your kid is fine with seeing some blood and doesn't repeat the swear words, I would call this a little bit worse than a PG-13 movie.