All member reviews for Crysis 2

Peerless graphics make this violent shooter extra gritty.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent Written byRating Gamer January 15, 2013

I am a gamer

Yes, I am a gamer with my 9 year old boy... Yes there is a massive violence and Offensive language in it, But this game is just plain amazing, You can turn off the offensive language (i think)... But at least its better than call of duty
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 December 27, 2012

like call of duty but still really good

minimal blood but like call of duty language you hear its in the back round when you get shot and when you shoot someone but it isnt constant.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILOVEGAMES272 December 6, 2011

FOR MATURE KIDS!

I own this game and may be inappropriate for kids because of it's realistic gameplay. But it all depends on the maturity of your child. This is a fun game and you can play online with your friends.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybowboy123 January 31, 2013

great sifi shooter

good game FOR a MAUTURE kid
Teen, 15 years old Written byMacroPower July 20, 2012

Awesome Game, Filters Make It Better.

I was really debating whether or not to get this game. Eventually, I bought it after I found gamesoap.net (a language filter). It worked great on everything but cutscenes, there were 2 f***'s and one m*****f*****. I think it would have been a lot worse on the language front without that mod, because you could hear where language had been taken out. I'm thinking 8 f-words and varios minor curses from other reviews that I've seen (but don't take my word for it). The game is quite realistic, which can be both good and bad. There are spurts of blood when you shoot aliens and/or humans, some humans are pretty much nawed up chunks of flesh laying in pools of blood. Also, a man commits suicide early in the game. You might wish to know that I found no nudity or sexual content AT ALL. I have no idea what esrb was talking about. If there was nudity, I completely missed it. Overall it was a good experience, as the protagonist, you encounter positive role models throughout the game. Your personal motives are also noble. If you're not bothered by gore or language (or if you install the filter), this is a great game.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byfamilyvideogames July 12, 2013

Crysis 2, great and suitable game for children

This game is very good for pre-teens, it has a good role model, in this case prophet (main characters name). Prophet is trying to defend his city from terrorists and aliens. also the game has excellent graphics and should be played by children. most parents would not like the SOUND of the game BUT its just a video game and theres no real harm in playing it. one last thing to all the worried parents out there worrying about there children going of and be cereal killers or drug dealers... relax, its a great game and theres nothing to be worryed about.
Adult Written byBrioCyrain May 6, 2012

There's no Crisis

A great shooter all around, no matter if you're a story or multi gamer.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJacobTheGreat2 July 2, 2011

Watch Out For Language

Violence- If you played Halo then you would know the violence level on their. Crysis 2 is bloodier and more violent than Halo, but not by much. You do shoot humans in both campaign and multiplayer. But you shoot aliens in campaign to, in fact, most of the campaign, you shoot aliens. And no blood comes out of the aliens. (Also known as the Seth) Nudity- Not much to say. The whole reason why I put this here is because on the back, on the rating thing, it says "Partial Nudity." Nothing to worry about, really. I don't know why they put it there in the first place. There is no nudity in the game, so you can totally ignore it. Language- This should be your biggest concern. It's the whole reason why I listed it pause in the first place. This game cusses a lot. Using word like F---, and S--- allot. It may get on parents nerves sometimes, but you should be fine if your child doesn't repeat cuss words.
Teen, 16 years old Written by Mr. Doubtfire June 18, 2011

Gritty game is exciting

Crysis 2 is a great game and you have fun all the way to the amazing end. Graphics like no other you actually feel like you are really and inside the game which is a great game experience. This gritty game is amazing and should get as much respect as possible.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynerdworker101 April 26, 2012

awesome

yes there is some bad parts in the game but over all. I think if you were 13 you should be able to play it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 26, 2012

Loads more fun than the prequel.

I have hours of fun whenever I play this game it's totally worth the money it's very violent but it's the gameplay that counts violence is just an effect used in games to liven up the content and action
Teen, 15 years old Written byGiratina3100 September 2, 2011

Realistic Shooting Game but be careful!

This game is the best,fun and so realistic.The graphics (CryEngine 3) is by far the most realistic and in top-notch quality graphics engine.The gameplay and storyline are awesome.The game is 2 times better than the first Crysis.There are a lot of features such as Sandbox Editor 2(PC version only).The game is quite difficult and there are violence like killing aliens and seeing corpses but not that violent like Gears of War and Call of Duty.Bad words may contain in the game though.The multiplayer mode let you play online and allows you to voice chat.Its fun but be careful not to give personal stuff like age,address and etc. I think you should know your child before buying this game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJim Henderson August 25, 2011

Fun, but very mature.

Now I've played many games, good and bad, from Katamari Damacy to Gears of War, which uses some very strong language, to call of duty a somewhat bloody FPS. Now I thought Gears of War had a lot of profanity, but then I played Crysis 2 campaign and I thought "Woah, that's a lot of cussing, maybe I'll play some multiplayer.", so I did. I switched to the multiplayer lobby and started a team deathmatch game. Now I had been playing for a few minutes when I got killed, so I watched the kill-cam, and right before I died I heard my guy yell "F--- you!", so thank goodness I only rented this game. It is also very bloody, no matter where you happen to shoot the enemy, it's quite a blood gush.
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2011

Crysis 2 is not much to worry about.

This game has some frightening scenes and some strong language but its nothing to worry about if your child is 11 or older, even 10 year olds will understand this by now. This game also does not send much of a positive message except saving the world, but its mostly killing soldiers and aliens. This games violence is like a PG-13 movie. This game is not as disgusting as Black Ops, there is no gore and no shoving glass in mouths.
Adult Written bygame rev June 24, 2012

LEARNING

great and SUITABLE for kids 12 and up

this game has a really good storyline, with diffent choices creating moral diffenrences later on in the game. the actual game play is depicted with minimal violence and out of this world graphics while the use of profanity is few and far between. an amazing hit especially if you want your child to be able to play a game like this without the blood and gore. AMAZING.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byPepsi October 30, 2014

Good game must get

There is hardly any violence in the game a few bullets needed to shoot people but all in all a very good game
Teen, 16 years old Written byovrcookedfunion September 19, 2013

Amazing game.

The game is the best first person shooter I've played in a long time. The game's violence is about the same of COD (call of duty). Oh the graphics!! If your gonna get the game get it on PC. The language is there through out the game. But the sex? What sex? sure the rotting corpses are gruesome but there are no body parts shown. Get this game its fun, amazing looking, and not that bad in age sence.