All member reviews for Crysis

Super-realistic violent sci-fi shooter.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Adult Written byFreedomFromCens... June 8, 2009

You've got to be kidding, Common Sence Media. Get a grip.

I literally face palmed when I saw this rating. I understand it has language in it (all you have to do is turn down the volume, and plus, your children probably hear more bad language in school than anywhere else, but you wouldn't "ban" school from them, wouldn't you?), but the violence is NOWHERE near what they say it is. Blood can be turned off, and even when it isn't off, there is hardly any blood at all. I'm so glad my parents are reasonable enough to understand I am more than mature enough to play these games, and that they know the "violent video games will make you kill" myth is in fact a myth. Otherwise, great game, amazing graphics, and a fun level editor that can get addicting if you enjoy building your own amazing looking levels.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMrA April 9, 2008

Good game with strong language, but small violence

Whoever tells you that this is an overly violent game is lying. This game even provides an option to turn off the blood. Killing people is the same way it has always been and the actual killing is exactly what you would find in many teen games. Unfortunately, the language is not the same way. Expect to hear about every dirty word ever created. This was a poor decision on EA's behalf. The language for someone my age is more annoying than really harmful.
Adult Written byyetijones April 9, 2008

Oh my God...

If this website reviews one more magnificent game with hardly any blood in it at all as "filled with blood and gore throughout" I am going to go crazy. This is an amazing piece of work by extremely committed crews, who have worked day in and day out for somewhat over 3 years, I believe, to develop and deliver an extremely realistic, extremely enjoyable game. The worst that happens in this game violence-wise is that blood spots will appear on your visor if you are too close in proximity to an opponent when firing or while using a melee attack. If you let the body sit long enough, occasionally a small pool of blood will appear around the corpse, but it is barely noticeable and can usually only be seen if you are LOOKING SPECIFICALLY FOR THE BLOOD TO GIVE IT A BAD RATING [cough cough]... This game engages the mind as well as the physical response of a player, because with 5 suit upgrades to choose from (Stealth, Armor, Strength, Speed, and Ammo later on if I'm not mistaken), each encounter is a completely different scenario, even if played through time after time (thanks to one of the most impressive AIs as of yet). Just as well, you are given the opportunity of real-time weapon editing, so the player has to twist the scene into his/her favor by outsmarting and out-gunning the enemy. A great game; if you can run it, definitely buy it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySunsBalla23 April 9, 2008

Great!

Great Game, great graphics and really cool gameplay. If u need to get away from enemies use super speed on your nanosuit and you run really fast! The language says stuff like *uck and also shi* the violence is okay not that bad! But be warned you have to have areally high tech computer to play this game! But overall great game, great story, and great graphics!
Teen, 17 years old Written byLorexan April 9, 2008

An amazing game

This is an amazing game experience, in my opinion a must play for fans of the genre. (If you have the hardware to run it that is.) The violence, while present, really isn't that extreme, compared to other 'M' rated games (read: Manhunt, GTA, God Of War, etc.), the blood and gore is in the same boat (due to German laws) and the language (while the worst part) is nothing that isn't heard in a High School nowadays. Gamewise, this this a great shooter that shows what the genre could be.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRealistik November 27, 2012

LEARNING

Good game, safe for most kids.

This game is amazing. It is a lot like halo. Most of the game you are fighting aliens. Granted in the begining you kill humans but after you dont do that. There is blood, but not that much. There is a lot of language like D**n and S**t but nothing you wouln't hear in the average middle school. No sex. Really, it comes down to how much you think your kid is mature enough to handle.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 26, 2012

Good game

I wouldn't say extreme violence and gore but it's still very violent and gory I play this a lot but I think Crysis 2 is way better.Still,this game has the potential to be better.
Parent Written byConcernedparent123 February 15, 2012

Nothing bad what so ever...

Great game. There is barely any language at all and only a little violence, i have no idea why this game is "M" it should definitively be "T".
Adult Written bygidgiddonihah May 17, 2011

Great game, but not for the young'ns

Is it a violent game? lol, yea, its a FPS, and a realistic one at that. There is a little blood every time you hit a live enemy and people can get tossed around, crunched and blown around just like it would in real life. The graphics pop (Best of its class untill Metro 2033 came out), the phyisics engine is unbelievable, and it gets immersive very quickly. The Koreans and your teamates do swear, but the majority can be cut out by making the Koreans speak their language in the hard mode (Which is very easy). My problem is that there were too many little bugs such as sometimes it would hang and require a reboot, sometimes the audio would have a popping noise in it or cut out completely. Plus it seems they were consumed on getting the graphics and physics engines perfect resulting in lackluster gameplay. One thing to think about is that you will need a newer rig to power this game...
Teen, 16 years old Written byFred Benson May 8, 2011

Fun

Very fun. 10 year olds should be able to handle it. Little blood. To play it though you will need a high quality PC.
Teen, 14 years old Written byblue697 April 20, 2011

A little violent, but not as much blood as most first person shooters. The only questionable thing is language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymmj125 March 23, 2011

good for 13+...wow common sense

I think Crysis and many other shooters like the call of duty series are fine for 13+. Everyone needs to stop complaining about language, because kids are subjected to very foul language in school, no matter what school you go to. OK its going to have a little blood but no gore in this game. and its A LOT OF FUN!!!
Written byAnonymous June 6, 2010

An engaging Alien invasion epic by Crytek...

Bottom line, it's the Uncharted 2 of PC gaming. The graphics are amazing even after 3 years, so much, in fact, it's still being used as the major benchmark program in overclocking. The story line is engaging, and at certain points I felt as if I was part of an action movie. Major highlights are: creeping through the jungle on a stealth mission, and a long zero-gravity adventure in the core of a mountain. Not for lower end PC's though. No blood and gore, although harsh language.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymegagamer44 May 6, 2010

Language is really bad in this but you need a good computer to play well i played on a p4 and it stunk but violence is. Not tooo bad but 15 year old should mabye play it
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMannamedbob April 9, 2010

Good game but watch the language.

The only thing parents should be concerned about is the language. Also the fact that you need a really good computer. The blood can be turned off but not in movies. The violence isn't that bad. The player is either killing terrorists or aliens which are both "bad guys"
Teen, 16 years old Written byshivanthing March 18, 2010

Fine for the mature 15 year old...

While the game is violent, and pools (while not too many) of blood can show up,it is mostly the language that will concern parents and their teens. Blood can be turned off (though cinematic blood is still present) Fu-- sh-- and a majority of other words are used commonly. Reccomended for mature older teens
Adult Written by62262 June 20, 2009

wow

ok, there is a large difference between violence, and blood/gore, Crysis is absolutely not a scary kind of game, violence? Yes. But it's nothing that's not in a normal star-wars game or such. This game is actually very different from most shooters, it focuses on the quality of the enemies rather than the quantity, so there's no mindless brainwashed KILLING in this game. I'd say 12-13 is a minimum age for this game. Even some Pg-13 movies may be less suitable for children than this
Teen, 13 years old Written bysasquatch42 February 9, 2009

Awesome

Awesome shooter, you play a soldier with a nanosuit that gives you superhuman abilities. Its very realistic, you need a high end rig to enjoy all of its fancy graphics. I've met a 9 year old who play Crysis, but I'm setting 13 as the minimum age, quite a violent game, but very fun.
Adult Written byjoshuaryung January 11, 2009

very good game if u have a good enough computer.
Adult Written bywjbyman April 9, 2008

Good idea, poor execution; don't buy

The game play is captivating in some parts and fustrating in others. I played the English and French versions, so I could not understand the North Koreans constant swearing. The Engish version had a scene that was not found in the French version where Joker found a dead scientist and used the Good Lord's name in vain. This violation of the second commandment was specificaly written in for the Amercican version to appease the Jesus-hating crowd, and you know who they are. Otherwise it doesn't get the most favorable didtribution channels.