A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this game.
What parents need to know
Parents need to know that Dead Rising 3 is a very graphic action game with horror elements (zombies jumping out at you), lots of gore (including disembowelment and decapitation), and plenty of blood. There are sexual references and innuendoes, alcohol consumption, and strong profanity. It is an M-rated game that earns its designation.
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's it about?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Platforms: Xbox One
- Subjects: Science: engineering, electricity, physics
- Skills: Collaboration: cooperation, meeting challenges together
Self-Direction: achieving goals, identifying strengths and weaknesses, work to achieve goals
Thinking & Reasoning: applying information, decision-making, solving puzzles
Tech Skills: using and applying technology
Creativity: producing new content
- Price: $59.99
- Available online? Available online
- Developer: Microsoft Studios
- Release date: November 22, 2013
- Genre: Survival Horror
- Topics: Cars and Trucks, Magic and Fantasy, Adventures, Monsters, Ghosts, and Vampires
- ESRB rating: M for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Content, Strong Language, Use of Alcohol
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love zombies and action
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.