All member reviews for Dead Space 2

Very scary shooter with severe violence, gore, and cussing.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byFreakette August 26, 2011

I love watching my cousin play this game.

Dead Space is AWESOME! I watched my cousin play it a good bit and I really liked the graphics and for a sci-fi thing, it looked pretty cool! There was just this one annoying part where you go into a room and these tiny heads with legs pop your head off and take over your body, but I'm sure there was more difficult things after that. Lmfao. If you can't tell, dear "parents", it's much easier to just let the kid pick his own games without stupid restrictions. The kid is gonna learn about sex and violence one day, so stop trying so hard to shelter them from it. Overly fussy parents annoy me the most. Thank God my parents actually know how to be a parent without any websites to tell them what to do. -.- Dumb.
Teen, 15 years old Written byshooter guru January 25, 2011

I played the first dead space game and was blown away at how good (and scary) it was. I went out and bought this one the day it came out. And man is it good! This game balances action with nail biting terror nearly perfectly. From blowing your first necomorph to fleshy pieces till the first time u see those creepy ass little white duds. Though that said this game is not for the faint of heart and should be kept well away from anyone under 14. Even then it's kind of sketchy. If your teen is mature and knows the difference between reality and a game then he (or maybe she) should be fine with this game. A final word of worning though, don't play this game in the dark, and look behind u!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJackson2013 April 6, 2013

Good for Mature teens or 12 year olds.

I think 12 years old is the minimum age as long as the 12 year old is VERY MATURE. I mean VERY MATURE. If your 12 year old can handle the violence and the startling scares it should be okay. There is not a whole ton of profanity. I think a better age would be 13-14 and up but a mature 12 year old like my own can handle it. He has all 3 games and he is fine.
Parent Written byMarkus Summers June 20, 2011

A scary outer space shooter is filled with intense violence and gore, but hides some problem solving and educational undertones.

Out of all the video games I've ever seen, this is the most deserving of the rating "M." The language is an issue, and the violence and action will literally make you want to kill everything that moves at any loud, sudden noise after a few hours of play. I play this game on the computer with my son (going on 13.) We both have experienced the thought I just mentioned, and believe me, it isn't good. My son and I learned to limit our play time, and then it became one of our favorite after school games. He likes to look up the way the "necromorphs" act, what kind of people are used to create them. (sick people make "pukers" pregnant people make "pregnants" and your average Joe becomes a "slasher" just to name a few.) He looks up strategies to kill them, and grasps the whole "strategic dismemberment" concept. I am a little worried about how easily he tears the zombies apart, but he's not experiencing any symptoms of prolonged play that I haven't felt myself, and i find the necromorphs very interesting. Swearing is a huge problem, but ask yourself, if you were alone on a space ship where the entire crew has become zombies, would you swear a lot as well? My son hasn't used any language in front of me, so I'm not too worried. Aside from the violence and swearing, the game is very emotional. My son and I get tense while walking through a dark hallway, scream when something jumps out, get mad as we get betrayed, use problem solving skills and intuitive thinking to get past malfunctioning machinery, and get teary eyed alongside isaac as he awaits his death. We've fallen in love with main characters isaac clarke and Ellie langsford, who display good teamwork and heroism. The bottom line is this game is fine if you limit your playtime.
Teen, 15 years old Written byXboxmaster356 February 3, 2011

not so mellow =(

This game is gross and sick! and not the good type for gamers and I am 15...... shocking.........
Teen, 15 years old Written byMysterious Stranger January 26, 2011

Not for the faint of heart... or small children

This game, is great, maybe not to some, but to many (such as myself) this game is very entertaining (despite the gore and violence such as beating down necromorph children or stomping on necromorph babies.) The game itself contains two discs, so yes a considererably long and possibly frightening game for some, but overall a great game...for anyone above fourteen or so, or any kid who's mature enough no to go running around hitting kids or people, or babies for that matter, saying he or she is Isaac Clarke and is killing necromorphs...
Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2012

Fine but scary game.

This is a shooter game but a very game that kids teenagers would like. IT HAS FREAKY ENEMIES and alot of blood. But would be appropriate for kids 15 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylemonade stand January 28, 2011

Delightfully terrifying...

Me, being a foul-mouthed kid, found this game to be delightfully terrifying. It looks, sounds, and plays great. However, It's definitely one of those games that you need to be ready to play. Like, if I were to pick this up when I was 15, I would have probably put it back down and never picked it back up. So I recommend downloading the free demo from the xbox marketplace or the playstation store, so you can get a taste of it or see if it would be good for you to buy it or if your kids are ready for it. But keep in mind that the demo is still very mild compared to the full game. Just keep in mind that the language is really bad, and there are a lot of disturbing images far beyond what I would classify as "Violent." Overall, I am glad to have bought it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 25, 2013

Supremely gory, scary, and gruesome horror game is off limits for anyone under 18!

Few games feature blood-soaked battles with more severed body parts or gallons of spilled gore. It's gory enough to make even media desensitized grown-up gamers occasionally whistle in disbelief. Scary, terrifying, and supremely brutal horror game. Countless gruesome deaths animations, resulting in your character being decapitated, blow up, dismembered, vomiting himself to death, stabbing, self mutilation, throat slitting, heads exploding, and more. The way to kill your enemies is to impale them on spikes or blunt object such as dismembered arms using telekinesis. You can dismember enemies with pistols, shotguns, machine guns, and more. You can also stomp on your enemies after you've kill them that make them explode. This game is a nearly non-stop series of intensely graphic, highly visceral combat scenes involving zombies, and alien zombies. Players use many weapons and fists to not just kill -- but also eviscerate their enemies. Expect frequent close up and often slow-motion depictions of heads and limbs being dismembered, blood and gore spilling out of heads, arms, chests, abdomens, and gallons of dark red blood spattering all over.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIlovemovies. July 20, 2012

Extreme violence, NOT FO ANYONE UNDER 18!

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheGuyWhoReviews March 17, 2012

Not as bad as I had thought.

So, Isaac has to destroy another marker, and while he tries, his dead girlfriend haunts him. Gore and profanity blablabla. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Honestly, I guess I'm harder than most, but the only thing that bothered me was ONE of Isacc's deaths. That's all.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHenryreview May 21, 2011

i like the game!kinda hard thogh!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCole9678 July 23, 2012

Violent yet promising

I liked the game. Although i was very shocked about how much intense violence there was. Some scenes scarred me for life. Plus the swearing is intense, but the bloody violence is so intense you barely even acknowledge the violence. And the whole entire game is a giant suspense fest. You are walking around by yourself and just waiting for some kind of strange creature to jump and freak you out. Still though, Dead Space 2 is highly addictive.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxboxteenwatcher August 31, 2012

dead space 2 worried for your kids?

I think that this game is going to be beast because im getting first today.8/31/12. And i wont get a game if dont think its good. Like i said in the first review its a horror game! So you are going to be scared duh! But this is for matuure players 13 or older. Hope i helped. and dont worry about the violence if your kids are mature they wont be to scared.
Parent Written byPlague November 7, 2011

Dead Space 2

I loved this game, and I know other adults and teens will too! Its very violent and gruesome, but makes for an excellent guilty pleasure.
Teen, 17 years old Written byvan3xpxo January 21, 2012

Great game,but not for kids

The gave is VERY bloody. check a walkthrough on youtube and youll see what I mean. The death scenes are the most bloody. The aliens (necromorphs) will give your kids nightmares ,they look frightning . The scenery is also frightning. Walls are covered in blood and messages are written in blood as well.
Adult Written byJuggernaut93 November 21, 2011

Great game, but it'll make you cringe.

Hey guys, its me again. Today im gonna talk to you about Dead Space 2. This little dandy is fun, but also intensely violent (possibly the most violent game ever). Parents must also keep in mind that this game is meant to scare. Various unpleasant beasties will burst out of vents when you get too close, which while not too scary per se, can give you gray hairs when you arent expecting it. Others will play dead, and few things will increase your blood pressure like walking past a "dead" monster, and it leaping up with a gurgling screech and attempting to tear out your throat. Each and every monster in the game is disturbing in its own special way, from melting you with acidic vomit to turning you into one of them. Perhaps the most graphic violence in the games happens when the player is grabbed by monsters. Many monsters will grab the player, attempting to kill them. The player is prompted to mash a certain button to escape from the monster's grasp. If the player wins, they overpower the beast and kill them in an awesome (though gory) fashion. If, however, the player fails to fend off the creature, it will kill the player with a kill animation of its own. These are invariably gory, and usually involve decapitation or dismemberment. As for the monsters themselves, they are very grotesque, as they take over human corpses and alter them to fit their needs. This could mean 3-foot scythe-like blades on their arms, bio-explosives wired to explode upon death, or long bladed tentacles used to decapitate the player. Though made from human bodies, the alien life forms are often unrecognizable as human. As for language, it is fairly intense, though seldom heard. so be aware of that. There is no sex or nudity that i am aware of, though i have only beaten the game once and havent done any of the optional stuff.
Adult Written byLewis Woodhall May 27, 2012

AGE RESTRICTIONS!

MAIN REASONS! - Strong Bloody Violence - Gore - Strong Horror OTHER! - Occasional Moderate Language (Two Uses of F**k) - Mild Drug References
Teen, 13 years old Written byJuan_the_gamer February 27, 2012

Lost in the space

This game is one of the best games I´ve ever played. It´s VERY gory and scary. After I completed the game 3 times I´m not sacry of nothing. It has good role because you´re a man, lost in the space and you have to scape by killing stange beens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysomething something September 29, 2011

BADASS!!!!!

THIS GAME IS F**KING AWESOME i recommend it to anyone that has the balls to play it