All member reviews for Dead Space 2

Very scary shooter with severe violence, gore, and cussing.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 August 17, 2013

fun sci-fi shooter that is not good for the young ones

This game is fun, but not for a lot of people. It contains strong violence and got including dismemberment and decapitations add well as lots of other things. The violence is very disturbing and may unsettle lots and lots of people. This game has language, but it is not terrible. The whole game is very intense and scary, and will have jumps scenes. It also if very disturbing from being the violence, to having things jump out at the screen. Really mature 12. If this were rated as would as movies are rated it would be R: Strong Bloody Sci-Fi Violence and Gore, Scary and Disturbing Content, and Language.
Adult Written byBuck Wheat April 20, 2013

Sex in the game

Occasionally corpse alien women who show 99% of a woman's bare breasts. There are frequently cartoon swimsuit magazines depicting very scantily clad top half of a woman in the game. Towards the end there is a hologram woman in a very form fitting suit that appears wherever you go.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJackson2013 April 6, 2013

Good for Mature teens or 12 year olds.

I think 12 years old is the minimum age as long as the 12 year old is VERY MATURE. I mean VERY MATURE. If your 12 year old can handle the violence and the startling scares it should be okay. There is not a whole ton of profanity. I think a better age would be 13-14 and up but a mature 12 year old like my own can handle it. He has all 3 games and he is fine.
Kid, 10 years old December 6, 2012

violent

this game is exetremly violent and scary i couldint even play it parents read this
Teen, 13 years old Written byxboxteenwatcher August 31, 2012

dead space 2 worried for your kids?

I think that this game is going to be beast because im getting first today.8/31/12. And i wont get a game if dont think its good. Like i said in the first review its a horror game! So you are going to be scared duh! But this is for matuure players 13 or older. Hope i helped. and dont worry about the violence if your kids are mature they wont be to scared.
Parent Written byRun boy run. July 20, 2012

HOLY CRAP, THIS GAME IS FLIPPEN SCARY AND FUN

You can be killed in so many ways, ripped in half, shot, dismembered, decapitated,stabed, impaled, and in one part, where you think" What the heck is wrong with the people who maid this!" If you don't press the right button you get stabbed through the eye a with a shot, and you can be eaten in at least a 1000 diffrent ways.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III July 20, 2012

Gory, gory, gory, and really fun.

Theres lots of extreme violence, for example you can die in lots of disturbing and offten gross ways, like being stabed, then cut in half then eaten, or having a needle stabed through your eye with and endless founten of blood poring out of your eye, ripped in half, half your arm ripped off and beaten down with it. Its very graphic but very fun.
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2012

LEARNING

great game or is it

this game may be extremely gorery but i am shure if your child has seen (r or ma rated warwar or zombie films it is the same level.) my parents love the game and allow me to play it because it is more friendlier then grand theft auto iv parents this is a must have for alien and survivae horror fans. 9 out of 10 violence 10 out of 10 for a good graphics story gameplay great game but don't buy it if your child has not seen a movie like 28 days or weeks latter i am legend the crazies apocalypto and others
Adult Written byLewis Woodhall May 27, 2012

AGE RESTRICTIONS!

MAIN REASONS! - Strong Bloody Violence - Gore - Strong Horror OTHER! - Occasional Moderate Language (Two Uses of F**k) - Mild Drug References
Teen, 13 years old Written byNathan.Virnoche May 4, 2012

Dead Space 2

Personally, one of my favorite games. But, the game's violent content is too violent, parvasive language, and very, very, dark. I'm 13, almost 14, and even I'm surprised I am allowed to play this game. Again, one of my favorites, but very, very graphic!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheGuyWhoReviews March 17, 2012

Not as bad as I had thought.

So, Isaac has to destroy another marker, and while he tries, his dead girlfriend haunts him. Gore and profanity blablabla. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Honestly, I guess I'm harder than most, but the only thing that bothered me was ONE of Isacc's deaths. That's all.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJuan_the_gamer February 27, 2012

Lost in the space

This game is one of the best games I´ve ever played. It´s VERY gory and scary. After I completed the game 3 times I´m not sacry of nothing. It has good role because you´re a man, lost in the space and you have to scape by killing stange beens.
Teen, 17 years old Written byvan3xpxo January 21, 2012

Great game,but not for kids

The gave is VERY bloody. check a walkthrough on youtube and youll see what I mean. The death scenes are the most bloody. The aliens (necromorphs) will give your kids nightmares ,they look frightning . The scenery is also frightning. Walls are covered in blood and messages are written in blood as well.
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2012

so much gore, I think I might just vomit

This game was born to be M. There is gore,blood, and language almost every second! This is a very gory game, it might mentally scar you for life.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymaddyporter4639 November 28, 2011

Dead space: the game every 11year old should love

I've love this game since I was 11. This game has inspired me and helped me learn to draw many monsters. It has been a favorite obsession since I learned about it and since then I have even acquired a necromorph action figure who I call paul :) It just depends on how scared your kid is or how awesome the parents are.
Adult Written byJuggernaut93 November 21, 2011

Great game, but it'll make you cringe.

Hey guys, its me again. Today im gonna talk to you about Dead Space 2. This little dandy is fun, but also intensely violent (possibly the most violent game ever). Parents must also keep in mind that this game is meant to scare. Various unpleasant beasties will burst out of vents when you get too close, which while not too scary per se, can give you gray hairs when you arent expecting it. Others will play dead, and few things will increase your blood pressure like walking past a "dead" monster, and it leaping up with a gurgling screech and attempting to tear out your throat. Each and every monster in the game is disturbing in its own special way, from melting you with acidic vomit to turning you into one of them. Perhaps the most graphic violence in the games happens when the player is grabbed by monsters. Many monsters will grab the player, attempting to kill them. The player is prompted to mash a certain button to escape from the monster's grasp. If the player wins, they overpower the beast and kill them in an awesome (though gory) fashion. If, however, the player fails to fend off the creature, it will kill the player with a kill animation of its own. These are invariably gory, and usually involve decapitation or dismemberment. As for the monsters themselves, they are very grotesque, as they take over human corpses and alter them to fit their needs. This could mean 3-foot scythe-like blades on their arms, bio-explosives wired to explode upon death, or long bladed tentacles used to decapitate the player. Though made from human bodies, the alien life forms are often unrecognizable as human. As for language, it is fairly intense, though seldom heard. so be aware of that. There is no sex or nudity that i am aware of, though i have only beaten the game once and havent done any of the optional stuff.
Kid, 9 years old November 8, 2011

not that good. D:

This is sooooo violant i don't like. D: i still have it. D: heap of f words to.
Parent Written byPlague November 7, 2011

Dead Space 2

I loved this game, and I know other adults and teens will too! Its very violent and gruesome, but makes for an excellent guilty pleasure.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysomething something September 29, 2011

BADASS!!!!!

THIS GAME IS F**KING AWESOME i recommend it to anyone that has the balls to play it
Teen, 13 years old Written byFreakette August 26, 2011

I love watching my cousin play this game.

Dead Space is AWESOME! I watched my cousin play it a good bit and I really liked the graphics and for a sci-fi thing, it looked pretty cool! There was just this one annoying part where you go into a room and these tiny heads with legs pop your head off and take over your body, but I'm sure there was more difficult things after that. Lmfao. If you can't tell, dear "parents", it's much easier to just let the kid pick his own games without stupid restrictions. The kid is gonna learn about sex and violence one day, so stop trying so hard to shelter them from it. Overly fussy parents annoy me the most. Thank God my parents actually know how to be a parent without any websites to tell them what to do. -.- Dumb.