All member reviews for Dead Space 3

Bloody, gory sci-fi action sequel, now with co-op support.

Teen, 14 years old Written byWhalelord69 February 9, 2013

Great fantasy game

Dead Space 3: I'll address each issue listed above separately 1)Violence: For starters, everything the site review states about the violence levels is definitely correct. This is a gory game. However, it does fail to mention how unrealistic the game is. If you are worrying that this will turn you or your child into an ax murderer, then you may rest easy. All violence in the game solely revolves around undead (and clearly not even remotely humanesque) creatures called necromorphs. They range from spider like tentacle monsters to something similar to an extremely deformed dinosaur. While you may clear a planet or two of hordes of these (un)lifeforms. It is way to unrealistic to truly be taken to seriously. In short, its HALO on steroids. 2)Language: Although a bit excessive, There is nothing here that any high- schooler hasn't heard millions of times before. Positive Role Models: Protagonist Issac Clark is an innovative ex-engineer who's motives are pure as he only fights to save others. This isn't your faceless call of duty soldier who's only in game purpose is to kill. In summary.... If you are mature enough to handle the over the top unrealistic violence, come for the engrossing story, interesting setting, stellar game play, and fun co- op mode (which is essentially a whole new game to enjoy with a friend). In short GO BUY IT, will enjoy yourself.... a lot.. (Review by a 15 year old)
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great February 24, 2013

mature 11 year olds

This game is a horror game. Horror game usually focus on scaring people. I let my mature 11 year old play this game. He was fine with it. The violence isnt that bad and it isnt scary at all. The only problem is the language. There are tons of f*** and s***. Its up to you to decide. Try this game but if you think its to violent stop your child and give it to them when they are slightly older. In my opinion it is ok for a very mature 11 year old. I hope my review helped!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySampandora February 21, 2013

Fun, but not as scary as Dead Space 2

This game is very fun and entertaining. I do find it scarier while playing alone in the dark, but when I play co-op with my friend I tend to laugh off and make jokes about the scares. I have owned Dead Space 2 and now 3, while I am no expert on these games I can significantly tell a difference between the scares. Dead Space two had more suspense and jump scares while Dead Space 3 has a more twisted and awkward to watch feel to it. IT is violent and there is profanity, but when you live in an age where this is normal to kids and young adults, it tends not to be an issue. The game is difficult to learn how to adapt too, like the zero gravity, gun crafting, and kenesis. I recommend this game to anyone who is into suspense or challenging and thought provoking games. I play with a head set on in the dark which ups the scares a little, but if you are wary about being scared, it is OK to play the game with the lights on and with no volume (subtitles are available). I hope this was helpful.
Parent Written byAlusivebee November 12, 2013

it is too bloody stick too the call of duty games
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byFamilyMan117 July 12, 2013

Read and Consider the Following

Every single time I look at a review from common sense media they overdue it. This game has some language yes but any middle school student has heard much worse and more. There is some scary parts but all of it is corny, you can see it coming and none of them are human, they are all alien. Your child cant be to scared or traumatized from this game because you can see it coming. This is stuff that 13 year old kids are used to please read and acknowledge what I said.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCool3232 June 28, 2016

A game for the whole family to enjoy

Teen, 16 years old Written byadvanced gamer January 15, 2016

Bad game

This game is not at all like its other 2 the first dead space and the second one were much better first of all not as scary alot of more open environmennts then before witch doesn't bring the scare factor like the other 2 with tight spaces while it does contribute to the story line the other 2 are much better just get them and don't bother with this one.
Kid, 9 years old February 21, 2015

Nice

It is quite good a little scary but holy crud tons of f--- and s---.Some jerks give you sexual innuendo and its up to you.I was too young to play this,I played it at 8 and whoa it blew my mind.
Teen, 13 years old Written byswagasaurusrex December 28, 2014

great game i love it

Horror games are always hard to decide on. Dead space has some gore and some acts of violence that may be a bit intense for your child. This is ok-ish for learning because if you try to run away from your problems, you will get caught because you are not fast enough. The enemies in dead space3 are grotesque and a bit disturbing which adds to the shock factor. There is some strong language like f*** and s***. But it is not common. I am 13 and my parents hate when the word f*** is used. But it really doesn't catch my attention. For dead space 3 I would either rent it first and then decide if your child is ready, or use your best judgement on your child's maturity.
Parent Written byPakistanPEGI December 1, 2014

No one under 18

CSM rated it "Not for Kids" PEGI rated it 18 and this game deserves it. Lots of gore Extreme Violence Strong language(f--k,sh-t,f--ker)
Teen, 13 years old Written byHardCoreNate November 19, 2014

Dead Space yay!

MUST READ! I've beaten the whole series! It's fine for kids 13+ theres a ton of violence like decapitation, shooting, stabbing, dismemberment. Tons of blood and swearing like "Damn", "S--t", "F--k" In the beginning of the game theres a man who commits suicide so make sure your son/daughter isn't suffering bipolar depression or depression. Isaac Clarke is a good person but he has to kill (necromorphs) to survive if your kid is mature and knows how to handle this kind if stuff go and let him/her play it its very fun! Also, most of the reviews are kids or your kids trying to fool you i had to convince my parents to let me i was only 11 it's really inappropriate for kids 16 or younger. P.S: This is not a horror game only Dead Space, Dead Space 2 are.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 13, 2014

No one under 18

Lots of gore and infrequent use of strong language the f word is used almost 100 times
Teen, 14 years old Written byTurtleBeacher May 3, 2014

A very great game

This is a very great game for TEENS, I honestly don't think kids below 13 years of age should play this. It is a horror game after all. In this game your a character named Issac Clark. A plaque has struck the universe again and it is your job to fight hords of Alien zombies to find a cure. This game is very appropriate for kids above the age of 14. It does swear a lot dropping the F-bomb hear and there and also saying other foul words about every minute or so.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylollopy1258 June 14, 2013

Fun Alien Based Shooter

Dead Space 3: I'll address each issue listed above separately 1)Violence: For starters, everything the site review states about the violence levels is definitely correct. This is a gory game. However, it does fail to mention how unrealistic the game is. If you are worrying that this will turn you or your child into an ax murderer, then you may rest easy. All violence in the game solely revolves around alien (and clearly not even remotely humanesque) creatures called necromorphs. They range from spider like tentacle monsters to something similar to an extremely deformed dinosaur. While you may clear a planet or two of hordes of these lifeforms. It is way to unrealistic to truly be taken to seriously. In short, its HALO on steroids. 2)Language: Although a bit excessive, There is nothing here that any high- schooler hasn't heard millions of times before. Positive Role Models: Protagonist Issac Clark is an innovative ex-engineer who's motives are pure as he only fights to save others. This isn't your faceless call of duty soldier who's only in game purpose is to kill. In summary.... If you are mature enough to handle the unrealistic violence, come for the engrossing story, interesting setting, stellar game play, and fun co- op mode (which is essentially a whole new game to enjoy with a friend). In short GO BUY IT, will enjoy yourself.... a lot..
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 13, 2013

Suspenseful and gory, but not nearly as gory, or as fun as dead space 2. Still not for kids.

Dead Space 3 is an extremely violent, bloody, gory, action game. Not only do you kill thousands of enemies using an assortment of weapons, but they can also explode into red chunks, split in two, catch on fire, and be dismembered and decapitated. The players avatar, too, can die a dramatic death in slow-motion, including being cut in half or decapitated. You'll see execution-style murders and suicide (self-inflicted gunshot to the head) within the first few minutes of the game. You can stomp on alive or dead creatures and hear and see them explode. It's not as scary as dead space 2, but its still jumpy and disturbing. Also much more swearing than DS2, almost constant use of f--k.