All member reviews for Devil May Cry 4

A hack-'n-slash gothic game for mature players.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMiha_Endoh February 7, 2009

One of the best games ever!!!

Like the person below me said. Not much blood in it. The most blood I remember was in the begining scene. I love how capcom did this game it is a wonderful adventure and is the best of the devil may cry series! My rating would have to be 15+
Teen, 16 years old Written byMrHugykinz April 9, 2008

Just, wow...

Devil May Cry 4 was an amazing game. The violence was iffy, but overall since you ARE killing demons from Hell, it balances out. The puzzles are just barriers to more enemies, and are not necessarily hard. I had a few problems with the camera angles screwing up, but that's just me. The visuals = stunning, the environments are superbly designed, and it is very detailed. Overall, DMC4 is a great game, worth buying.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheKSG42 January 2, 2014

If you have a teen you should let them play this

Truthfully a lot of M-Rated games I hate (ones that curse a lot). I recently started playing the Devil May Cry series and in my opinion I don't see a reason this should not be rated T. I mean sure they say D*mn and I believe I heard the s word one time during a boss fight. I started hearing d*mn back in Shadow the Hedgehog and that was RATED E10+!!! Aside from that, there is just some violence you will see in a PG-13 rated movie. I saw no blood except for the beginning cutscene and during 1 mission. My mom had doubts when I first started playing the series (just the older ones (Devil May Cry 1,2,3 & 4)because I think the new one curse too much), but after seeing that there is some violence you would see in a PG-13 she allowed me to continue playing. This really goes for the whole series except the reboot.
Adult Written byBounceMaster May 1, 2012

more or less violent as mario

This game is as violent as mario really, no real blood, and your fighting odd shaped enemies not something that resembles a human. As for sex, Gloria's breasts bounce a lot, and the camera runs right through her butt cheeks, but if a person cant handle a little breast physics and maybe a close up shot of a woman's butt, then they shouldnt watch any tv movies or look at any advertising. The story of the devil may cry francise is very good and worth a play.
Kid, 11 years old December 18, 2011

not bad ,violence isn't a problem.

really good game, violence is not a problem, the only violent scene is the opening cutscene , language ?, nothing to worry about, the protagonist , is at some points of view, a role model .i played it when i was 9 , but , recommended would be 12 and up.
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2011

HUH????

THIS IS SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!??????????? WWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAATTTTTTT!!!??? THIS IS NO MORE VIOLENT THEN MONSTER HUNTER TRI!! AND AND THIS YOU ARE KILLING DEMONS NOT CUTE LITTLE DEER!!!IN MONSTER HUNTER YOU RAKE DOWN CUTE LITTLE BAMBI AND IN THIS YOU SAVE PEOPLE BY EXTERMINATING DEMONS! the only thing suggestive about this is that the demons may scare some!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBabybat August 11, 2011

Dante **sigh**

Anything with Dante in it is bound to be good
Adult Written byPvt. Sokolva January 5, 2011

Great game for teens.

YES THIS GAME IS FINE FOR TEENAGERS! Geez, this site is more uptight than my great grandmother! This game is loads of fun. I have the PC version...its a fighting 3rd person action game where you have to puzzle and fight your way through obstacles to reach the demons. You are a demon fighter, fighting to protect people and particularly, the girl you love. All of the characters have wonderfully puffed up heads, a lot of ego, and arrogance that makes the dialogue adorably unrealistic but fun. It is set it a beautifully constructed gothic world and there is little blood involved at all, the only thing you kill is demons, and the demons are basically stitched together monsters that attack you. The only problem perhaps is the sexual undertones of one minor character, who is a woman warrior that dresses promiscuously and dates a main character, Dante. But the main girl who Nero, the main character, is trying to save, is a very unusual woman love interest. She is a member of the church within the game (not the same religion as christianity, but supposed to appear similar) dresses very modestly, doesn't have large breasts or butt, is actually not particularly gorgeous but just pretty, like most young women you might meet. She keeps her hair tied back in an uptight, modest way as well, and is very quiet, sheltered, and kind. Honestly, I applaud this game for her; this is the first game I've ever played that was obviously designed with a lot of testosterone that had a female character as modest as her for a love interest. And Nero loves her very sweetly and innocently, in a way that is almost funny in contrast to the rest of the games swagger and hilariously male bravado. It isn't meant to be taken dead seriously, and I didn't. The characters are lovable because of their arrogance and yet good sense of humor and heroism. A great game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhitokiri3 October 21, 2010

Its fine, good themes, maybe a little scaddily clad but not overmuch

Not as bloody as others say. Great storyline love and honor are good strong themes throughout. The action is over the top and the only problem I might have is the female characters being a little to...stripperishly clothed but thats not so much of a problem, unless you're the person when you're at the beach you cover your kids eyes when a girl walks by in a swimsuit (swimsuit not bikini, I'm making the distinction here)
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2010

Really Good Game There Is a Little non-explict sex but that's nothing to worry about. It's Fine to play. Just make sure they have played 1 2 & 3.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiloveigs August 22, 2010

awesome game

i love this game and nero is a good role model and there is no drugs and the voilence isn't bad and language is just words Let your kids play this game people
Teen, 17 years old Written byNuno17xD August 22, 2010

For teens

One of the best games ever made
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 25, 2010

Devil may cry is very violent of course.

Devil may cry is very much like Assassins creed. Its very gory with lots of blood. In the opening scene, You have a fight. With lots of blood, Then you throw the sword which pins him to the wall. Causing a whole lot of blood. For the rest of the game there is consistent blood. The language is pretty high, With lots of swearing and S words. It happens all the time.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytommy18 March 7, 2010

Very Violent But Very Cool.

The opening scene is extremely violent. A sword goes through a mans heart and he is pulling it out with blood flying everywhere. You see it all. The gameplay really is PG-13 in my opinion. Its the cut scenes that make it very violent, And as its very high tech graphics. It looks very very real. You can shoot, Stab,Slash and Throw all enemies. Much like Assassins Creed, You can stick swords right through people, To pop out the other side. 16 rating in my country, And i agree with it. But language is minimal and sex is also minimal.
Parent of a 17 year old Written by1112222 October 21, 2009

Teen, 16 years old Written byyummyyummy81694 July 1, 2009

Awesome game, graphics, and gameplay

From the opening Cutscene of this movie to the ending it just blew me away. play it
Teen, 16 years old Written byScythe December 27, 2008

What the hell?

What are people talking about? Blood? There's no blood! The only blood is in the opening sequence and there's hardly any there. The only blood from there on out is supposedly actually a demonic liquid that takes over creatures. End level boss fights aren't bloody at all, most enemies in the game don't even bleed. When you git them, your sword flashes. That's it! The Scarecrow enemies excrete the aforementioned demonic liquid when they die, but that's all. Sigh...this game is getting trashed for stuff it doesn't even have in it. Aside from that... It's an amazing game, absolutely breathtaking graphics, and the over the top action is just perfect for the games style. I'd say 14+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDante April 9, 2008

great game 14+

Teen, 13 years old Written bywalamoonbeam April 9, 2008

Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

not bad at all my six year old sister could play it.PLUS IT IS THE WORST-EXEPT THE FIGHTS!!!!!!!