All member reviews for Devil May Cry 4

Teen, 15 years old Written byMiha_Endoh February 7, 2009

One of the best games ever!!!

Like the person below me said. Not much blood in it. The most blood I remember was in the begining scene. I love how capcom did this game it is a wonderful adventure and is the best of the devil may cry series! My rating would have to be 15+
Teen, 16 years old Written byMrHugykinz April 9, 2008

Just, wow...

Devil May Cry 4 was an amazing game. The violence was iffy, but overall since you ARE killing demons from Hell, it balances out. The puzzles are just barriers to more enemies, and are not necessarily hard. I had a few problems with the camera angles screwing up, but that's just me. The visuals = stunning, the environments are superbly designed, and it is very detailed. Overall, DMC4 is a great game, worth buying.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheKSG42 January 2, 2014

If you have a teen you should let them play this

Truthfully a lot of M-Rated games I hate (ones that curse a lot). I recently started playing the Devil May Cry series and in my opinion I don't see a reason this should not be rated T. I mean sure they say D*mn and I believe I heard the s word one time during a boss fight. I started hearing d*mn back in Shadow the Hedgehog and that was RATED E10+!!! Aside from that, there is just some violence you will see in a PG-13 rated movie. I saw no blood except for the beginning cutscene and during 1 mission. My mom had doubts when I first started playing the series (just the older ones (Devil May Cry 1,2,3 & 4)because I think the new one curse too much), but after seeing that there is some violence you would see in a PG-13 she allowed me to continue playing. This really goes for the whole series except the reboot.
Kid, 11 years old December 18, 2011

not bad ,violence isn't a problem.

really good game, violence is not a problem, the only violent scene is the opening cutscene , language ?, nothing to worry about, the protagonist , is at some points of view, a role model .i played it when i was 9 , but , recommended would be 12 and up.
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2011

HUH????

THIS IS SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!??????????? WWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAATTTTTTT!!!??? THIS IS NO MORE VIOLENT THEN MONSTER HUNTER TRI!! AND AND THIS YOU ARE KILLING DEMONS NOT CUTE LITTLE DEER!!!IN MONSTER HUNTER YOU RAKE DOWN CUTE LITTLE BAMBI AND IN THIS YOU SAVE PEOPLE BY EXTERMINATING DEMONS! the only thing suggestive about this is that the demons may scare some!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBabybat August 11, 2011

Dante **sigh**

Anything with Dante in it is bound to be good
Teen, 16 years old Written byhitokiri3 October 21, 2010

Its fine, good themes, maybe a little scaddily clad but not overmuch

Not as bloody as others say. Great storyline love and honor are good strong themes throughout. The action is over the top and the only problem I might have is the female characters being a little to...stripperishly clothed but thats not so much of a problem, unless you're the person when you're at the beach you cover your kids eyes when a girl walks by in a swimsuit (swimsuit not bikini, I'm making the distinction here)
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2010

Really Good Game There Is a Little non-explict sex but that's nothing to worry about. It's Fine to play. Just make sure they have played 1 2 & 3.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiloveigs August 22, 2010

awesome game

i love this game and nero is a good role model and there is no drugs and the voilence isn't bad and language is just words Let your kids play this game people
Teen, 17 years old Written byNuno17xD August 22, 2010

For teens

One of the best games ever made
Teen, 14 years old Written bytommy18 March 7, 2010

Very Violent But Very Cool.

The opening scene is extremely violent. A sword goes through a mans heart and he is pulling it out with blood flying everywhere. You see it all. The gameplay really is PG-13 in my opinion. Its the cut scenes that make it very violent, And as its very high tech graphics. It looks very very real. You can shoot, Stab,Slash and Throw all enemies. Much like Assassins Creed, You can stick swords right through people, To pop out the other side. 16 rating in my country, And i agree with it. But language is minimal and sex is also minimal.
Teen, 16 years old Written byyummyyummy81694 July 1, 2009

Awesome game, graphics, and gameplay

From the opening Cutscene of this movie to the ending it just blew me away. play it
Teen, 16 years old Written byScythe December 27, 2008

What the hell?

What are people talking about? Blood? There's no blood! The only blood is in the opening sequence and there's hardly any there. The only blood from there on out is supposedly actually a demonic liquid that takes over creatures. End level boss fights aren't bloody at all, most enemies in the game don't even bleed. When you git them, your sword flashes. That's it! The Scarecrow enemies excrete the aforementioned demonic liquid when they die, but that's all. Sigh...this game is getting trashed for stuff it doesn't even have in it. Aside from that... It's an amazing game, absolutely breathtaking graphics, and the over the top action is just perfect for the games style. I'd say 14+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDante April 9, 2008

great game 14+

Teen, 13 years old Written bywalamoonbeam April 9, 2008
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

not bad at all my six year old sister could play it.PLUS IT IS THE WORST-EXEPT THE FIGHTS!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bypietro the pyro April 9, 2008

smokin sweet!

dmc 4 was just amazing. the graphics, storyline, characters, gameplay and puzzles wraps the game up in a big steaming package of butt whoop. thats right. a steaming package. ofcourse, when one is a wee seven year old, lady and trish and gloria may be...a tad overdone, but they aren't scandalous in personality. the language is a bit iffy,(nothing more serious than the common "b*stard") but the average tween hears more caustic language at school. there are some suggestive scenes involving an angler-like creature's lures (which are two syren-like women) that can potentially be mentally scarring for female types and younger children, so definitely take that into consideration. but if you're a fan of the series or just feel like playing a game involving guns with limitless ammo, pick it up now. after all, theres nothing like watching good 'ol dante eating next-gen pizza, now is there?

good game

not a bad game probely should be rated m because of a few bad parts
Teen, 16 years old Written bymadness4 April 9, 2008

sex?

o.k. now blood and stuff is in there but Gloria or lady or Trish are just dressed that way they aren't nude or any thing and it's not like Nero or Dante are hitting on them so yeah not an issue
Teen, 17 years old Written byCmoore18 April 9, 2008