All member reviews for Devil May Cry: HD Collection

Three old hack 'n' slash games have tons of blood.

Educator and Parent Written byJames75 December 5, 2013

A bloody romp with a shocking likable hero

The main review has likely already informed you as the the blood in this game. While there is a notable amount of blood, no gore is present. Also none of the enemies killed are human, they are abstract demons. However, it should be noted that Dante is a surprisingly good person. He has moral values and actually refuses to give in to temptations like greed and lust. He also genuinely cares about the people he encounters, his relationship with his brother, in fact, is a fascinating one that should be given much more credit. The blood may be heavy, but I've honestly seen worse in Uncharted, which has similar amounts of blood and the enmities are actually human, and that game received a T rating. I'd say 14 is the right age for this game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byYomimaru May 8, 2012

Good Ol' Dante, Violent as Ever

I do have to agree with the initial review. There's a ton of blood in the Devil May Cry games. But those who have played it before know that. Definetely not for kids or young teens, but older teens will appreciate the good ol' Dante hacking away at demons remastered into one set. I know that I've been looking forward to it since I played Devil May Cry when I was 13, but if you don't allow your kids to play rated M games in the first place, don't start with Devil May Cry.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheKSG42 January 3, 2014

Let you teen play this game

Teen, 13 years old Written byMu51c4l1f3 January 20, 2013

I'm only talking about 1 and 2.

The violence in this game is mild-moderate. There are some fear themes in this game. It's mostly content you will se in a PG-13 Movie. There is no limbs flying in them, no decapitations, no intestines spilling, but plenty of blood. In the first one, Dante gets stabbed by an electric sword. He gets up on his feet slowly with blood pouring out of him. He survives completely unharmed whatsoever. Same with most cutscenes.