All member reviews for Diablo II/Diablo II Expansion

Well-made, but not good for kids.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Adult Written byOmfgigorawr June 6, 2010

Diablo II/exp. is amazing, but awfully gorey.

Diablo is one of the best games. Sure, it's violent but it's fun. Though sometimes the gore can get out of hand, such as when you encounter a monster that is 'fire enchanted' killing them causes them to explode in a gorey mess. Some skills such as the necromancers corpse explosion has the same effect. So gore is a pretty big issue here. Language,drugs,alcohol, they are not in the game, besides a bar in the second act. The game can and will make your hand go numb if you play it to long however, since it involves lots of clicking both mouse buttons. The game is pretty long and will take time. There are very minor maybe you can call them sexual issues, as in the first and rarely in other acts you encounter female undead warriors who are scantily clad, if you even look that close. And your first AI partner you can recruit is a bit the same. The first act boss however is another story, as she is immensely tall and show her chest completely. However, chances are you won't notice as you should be to busy trying to survive her attacks to pay attention. There are some nightmarish things, such as giant bugs,the act 2 boss is a key one here, large mosquitoes,swamp monsters,big foot like beasts etc..though admittedly, the boss in the 3rd act is nightmarish crazily. The cut scenes are also that you would see straight from a horror sci fi movie so beware there. It's a game that is incredibly fun,which is doubled with a online friend, and one you should try before you buy.
Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2012

Diablo II

Bloody violence, and ocassional "d*mn" in the game... (OFF:2 - 12, PAUSE:13 - 15, OK:16 - 17)
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjfbrown42 July 3, 2009

lots of gameplay for your money, but not for kids

Diablo is an older game, but it still sells, with good reason. It's a great game that you can literally play for years without getting tired of it. Unfortunately, it's not kid stuff. The online chat is totally unfiltered and the community that plays Diablo is almost totally taken over by cheaters, griefers, trolls and other miscreants. It's possible to play the game offline, single player, which is safe. However, the game has graphics and imagery not suitable for younger kids (although the graphics are small and crude by today's standards) - thing like people that have been impaled on stakes, torture chambers, (small, pixilated) blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjoedude April 9, 2008

okay

this is a very fun game i dont recomemnd it for under thirteen. the storyline is stupid. the real problem parents is it is very addicting for kids i mean every time you log on there are new monsters. to kill and bring your points up. it is pretty bloody i mean the object is to kill the devil. so that is the positive thing is you are trying to kill the devil. there are always new weopons to use new powers. and believe me the expansion is even more addicting. there are four acts each one has new weapons and monster there are four bosses. boss four is the devil. my addvice is make sure your kid can handle not playing it all the time. what i mean is your kid could get stressed by never wanting to do anything else. but it is very intense. there is nothing sexual. except for the first boss andarial she is this topless spider demon. but it is not to graphic. but there is no language they say the a word once or twice.
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2013

Excellent for pre-teenagers

This game a great hack n' slash RPG with plenty of addictive makes-you-come-back elements, lots of replayability, and shiny loot. Even some inventory management(a big plus for me)! Problem is, some creatures dying can be gory in their animations, which may be inappropriate for your child/self. The cinematics also have a fair amount of potentially frightening imagery, but if you were like me, you would find them rather slow and boring and would therefore simply skip them. Overall, I think that this game is appropriate for (mature) pre-teens(10-12) and older. Do make sure to check this one out for your child, parents-this is an experience that I, at least, will not forget soon.
Parent Written bymistwold March 16, 2012

Parents should use their discretion

I think every parent has to make the decision to let their child play this game based on their child's maturity level. I play this game and let my 9 year old daughter play, but only OFFLINE. I would never let her play it online due to the language and interacting with people you don't know. My child is very smart and knows it is make -believe so I don't feel like it's an issue. Actually, the thing that freaks her out the most is the music. It is a little gory but it is not realistic looking at all and you are always killing bad creatures, not people.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKiPunk11 February 16, 2011

Violence is unrealistic, game fueled by greed, effing awesome game.

This game, if nothing else, is fueled by greed. You want more loot. To get it, you'll do anything. Crawling dungeons and murdering tons of daemons all for the loot. While, on the whole, that's not the best message to send to kids, it's the same as a points system, and the violence isn't really that major, as it's very fantasy-fueled. I'd say if your kid's 13 (or really mature and 12) he can handle this amazing action-rpg. Parents should play through it with the lilluns. If not to supervise, than to experience a truly amazing, visceral experience.
Parent Written byPlague November 18, 2010

Diablo ll

This game is very fun, but has intense gore, violence, and sexual themes that is most definitely not for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissBlackShadow February 28, 2010

Fine for 11+.

I don't really see why it's rated NOT FOR KIDS, I've been playing this game for years! It's easy enough to play, once you get used to it, and it isn't too bloody.
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2010

Not scary , but a bit confusing.

This game isnt poorly bloody , i played it , it is just really screwed up on 2 player mode , cause 1 time , i dueled my grandpa , and i got his ear! XD. Well , it does feature a lot of weapons , but i didnt really find anything bad.
Adult Written byRoseRose October 25, 2009

Good game, old graphics

I've played this and the original Diablo for quite a while. While there is a lot of violence, most of it is pixilated, and it is fairly old graphics. Also, you never kill a real human (at least as far as I've gotten, I've never beat it, because my little brother kept deleting my saves), so while there's violence, it's against made-up creatures. Overall, a good game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKentr Wrolfsong October 13, 2009

Enjoyable, but very violent

I got this game for my thirteenth birthday, and have been playing for several years.
Adult Written byRancid Gas February 3, 2009

Think good versus evil!!

I've played this game since it was first released, having come over from Diablo. This was one of the few games I allowed my son to play, though it is "violent" it did not portray violence against anything realistic. In this, you are a hero, for good, against all the evils out there. It does not have you killing people, unless you count online duels, which is another story all together. That is more of an individuals choice, not the games doing. The story is a little thin, but if you started playing Diablo, then it would make a little more sense. This game is a great game. A bit repetitive but always great to pick back up after a break from it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydbdog April 9, 2008

Adult Written byAnAdult April 9, 2008

VIOLENSE!! But there is a cool online feature...

THIS GAME should not be played by childs under the age of 15. From what i could see, this game was violent, plus there was no language filter online, so i saw players with names that include the f word, and was called the f word by multiple people. If you want the online thing, go to runescape. Runescape may have very mild questionable things, but trust me, it is blue's clues. compared to this.

Addicting, just addicting

This game is very addicting and can tear apart your grades, friends, family, and mind, if you don't regulate it. Limit yourself to playing it 1 hour a day max. If you play this game too much it can get to you. Listen to music while playing this game or simply turn the sound off. Often times the sounds are disturbing. Since the story is pretty pointless, don't bother listening or reading what they have to say. Just do the deed and get out. Play outside, listen to music, and have friends. It's when you don't get out is when Diablo really gets into your life.

This is one of the best computer games i play

If you do buy this game keep in mind that it will take a while to play expansion or no expansion (be sure to only install the oringinal, then after finishing act 4 then install the expansion) yes it is really violent and other stuff bit its not like we dont see it in newer games or on tv
Adult Written byjesuses April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 26, 2012

Not for everyone.

I played this when I was 5 for about a year or so and it was pretty good.Not for everyone though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGameaddict March 16, 2011

AWESOME

I have been playing this since i was 8 and the blood is to pixelated to be graphic it has lots of language on multiplayer and its a good game.