All member reviews for Diablo II/Diablo II Expansion

Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2013

Excellent for pre-teenagers

This game a great hack n' slash RPG with plenty of addictive makes-you-come-back elements, lots of replayability, and shiny loot. Even some inventory management(a big plus for me)! Problem is, some creatures dying can be gory in their animations, which may be inappropriate for your child/self. The cinematics also have a fair amount of potentially frightening imagery, but if you were like me, you would find them rather slow and boring and would therefore simply skip them. Overall, I think that this game is appropriate for (mature) pre-teens(10-12) and older. Do make sure to check this one out for your child, parents-this is an experience that I, at least, will not forget soon.
Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2012

Diablo II

Bloody violence, and ocassional "d*mn" in the game... (OFF:2 - 12, PAUSE:13 - 15, OK:16 - 17)
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 26, 2012

Not for everyone.

I played this when I was 5 for about a year or so and it was pretty good.Not for everyone though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGameaddict March 16, 2011

AWESOME

I have been playing this since i was 8 and the blood is to pixelated to be graphic it has lots of language on multiplayer and its a good game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKiPunk11 February 16, 2011

Violence is unrealistic, game fueled by greed, effing awesome game.

This game, if nothing else, is fueled by greed. You want more loot. To get it, you'll do anything. Crawling dungeons and murdering tons of daemons all for the loot. While, on the whole, that's not the best message to send to kids, it's the same as a points system, and the violence isn't really that major, as it's very fantasy-fueled. I'd say if your kid's 13 (or really mature and 12) he can handle this amazing action-rpg. Parents should play through it with the lilluns. If not to supervise, than to experience a truly amazing, visceral experience.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMissBlackShadow February 28, 2010

Fine for 11+.

I don't really see why it's rated NOT FOR KIDS, I've been playing this game for years! It's easy enough to play, once you get used to it, and it isn't too bloody.
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2010

Not scary , but a bit confusing.

This game isnt poorly bloody , i played it , it is just really screwed up on 2 player mode , cause 1 time , i dueled my grandpa , and i got his ear! XD. Well , it does feature a lot of weapons , but i didnt really find anything bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKentr Wrolfsong October 13, 2009

Enjoyable, but very violent

I got this game for my thirteenth birthday, and have been playing for several years.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygorehaunter July 5, 2009

Very fun, but is violent.

Diablo 2 is a very fun and adventerous game. Although very fun, this game contains bones and blood when monsters and demons die. When a necromancer casts the spell " raise skeloton " on a corpse, the dead body enplodes, splashing massive amounts of blood, about fifteen times the regular amount when a monster just dies, and when a fallen dies, its head gets departed, and spills blood more than the other monsters do. Once you reach deeper in the acts,you will see more blood.But in the options, you can change the graphics and colors, making blood seem more "purple" . You might learn a bit from the game, and i personally think that this should be rated "T" . Also in the monastery, you can see partial non sexual nudity of anderial, a strong boss. It would be friendly if Diablo 3 had a blood off option.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjackthekat9 June 29, 2009

Perfect for kids any age but only if you feel like talking to them

Well when I was a little kid as in 3 or 4 I played the original Diablo Oh so much fun it was. Then came out Diablo 2 then LoD. I was level 98 one month into the game about to fight Baal only at the age of 6! Yes I had the Heaven and Hell talk but. Just say "Heaven is where good people are. Hell is where the devils are." P.S I played Heros 3 at the age of 2. Also you can set the GORE off in Diablo 2.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydbdog April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

everyone can play this game!

I was playing Diablo 2 seince i was 3. I know it might be a shocker but when i was 3 i did play it. There is rarly any secenes that would scare any one. The game is a great game if you understand it.There is no nudty and the cuss words are damm,damned,and hell all used in how they were used in the bible so there not cuss words. The blood is bad but half the time it is too dark to see the blood. Then there is the plains where you have to kill bug and they expload diffrent colors and cmon haven't you ever kill a bug. All I have to say is dont judge the game by its cover. I bet half of you haven't even played the game to know about how bad it is. THINK ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU POST!!! PS. Runescape sux!!!!!

Addicting, just addicting

This game is very addicting and can tear apart your grades, friends, family, and mind, if you don't regulate it. Limit yourself to playing it 1 hour a day max. If you play this game too much it can get to you. Listen to music while playing this game or simply turn the sound off. Often times the sounds are disturbing. Since the story is pretty pointless, don't bother listening or reading what they have to say. Just do the deed and get out. Play outside, listen to music, and have friends. It's when you don't get out is when Diablo really gets into your life.

This is one of the best computer games i play

If you do buy this game keep in mind that it will take a while to play expansion or no expansion (be sure to only install the oringinal, then after finishing act 4 then install the expansion) yes it is really violent and other stuff bit its not like we dont see it in newer games or on tv
Teen, 15 years old Written bywiesnertt April 9, 2008

Amazing

I worship this game. It is addictive, fun, and the time flies by whenever you play. If you want it, get it, you wont be dissapointed. Dont be thrown off when you see that Common Sense has given it 2 stars. I have come to find that they rate most (if not all) of the Mature games poorly. The reviewers may not understand what to look for in a game. Does it entertain you? Or does it just seem to be pointless? Can you believe the plot and characters, or is it all too unrealistic? Do the characters develop well, or are they not understandable in relation to the plot? In my opinion, a game is just like a movie, just interactive.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystevo99 April 9, 2008

this game owns

This game is one of the best games ive ever played.I mean the violence on it is iffy some people would beg 2 differ but THE VIOLENCE ISANT BAD. I recomend if u are a a 8 year old can playt it BUT wont understand it i think the age 2 understand it would be around 12-14 but its a must play for any teen or pc gamer :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byjoedude April 9, 2008

okay

this is a very fun game i dont recomemnd it for under thirteen. the storyline is stupid. the real problem parents is it is very addicting for kids i mean every time you log on there are new monsters. to kill and bring your points up. it is pretty bloody i mean the object is to kill the devil. so that is the positive thing is you are trying to kill the devil. there are always new weopons to use new powers. and believe me the expansion is even more addicting. there are four acts each one has new weapons and monster there are four bosses. boss four is the devil. my addvice is make sure your kid can handle not playing it all the time. what i mean is your kid could get stressed by never wanting to do anything else. but it is very intense. there is nothing sexual. except for the first boss andarial she is this topless spider demon. but it is not to graphic. but there is no language they say the a word once or twice.