All member reviews for Diablo III

Gruesome, gory RPG is best suited for adult players.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent Written bydavid smith 1 May 23, 2012

epic

great not as bad as cod or skyrim I say that sex is not a problem because its what you see on the street near a high school as long as your kid can tell the difference between what is good in a game but not in real life
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written bymezzb November 2, 2013

Except for excessive screen blood, it's ok for older kids

This is a very soft "MA" rating compared to super profane games such as military shooters, and open city crime simulators. There is no cursing, sex, or bad language. And all the violence appears to be against "monsters" (though some are of the humanoid variety, like zombies and demons). The perspective is also well above the players, meaning that none of the violence is "in your face". Also, it's a game best played cooperatively, and is a really fun couch game with two or more players. And it actively encourages sharing. In fact, if Blizzard had bothered to put a simple option to change the blood color, this would be a "T" for teen game all the way. It's really up to the parent to decide if it's ok. The game play is fine; the only reason we're even talking about it that the designers decided to put in a little extra blood and "chunks" into it, to attract the older teens and adults. The gameplay and setting are fine for older kids
Parent Written byTimothy Jones June 14, 2012

LEARNING

Not exactly what the website says, but similar

The game is violent, to be sure. There are humanoid creatures, such as zombies and skeletons, but it's not too bad. The viewpoint lowers how bad it is quite a bit, to be sure. The "blood and gore" stated isn't so much of blood and gore, as the blood looks more like a fountain of bones, and gore doesn't go everywhere, from what I saw. It's not too bad. The violence is definitely something worrisome. There is lots of fighting, and it's not something I would like my kids to play. The only reason I DO let them, is because it's fantastical violence, not modern. There are swords and magic, and things that most kids fantasize about, but know aren't real. The single player isn't too good, so most people would go for the cooperative game style. The cooperative game teaches people that they have to work together to make it through the game, giving them a little education on teamwork. I would recommend it as a game, and I think it's not as bad as it says.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChallos-Andrew July 17, 2012

Parents, just look at this.

Ahem. I'm a thirteen year old kid who had a problem, I could not play M-games. And while honestly it isn't that big of a problem it is an annoying one. I needed a way to convince my parents to let me play this game. Honestly, there IS blood and there is language, however, the language is not a big part of the game and I have never heard an NPC curse even once (it's the other players that are the problem) and there's only an extreme amount of blood on the secret pony level (and I mean really? Ban your kid from a game because there's lot's of blood coming out of ponies?). So to sum it up, the only problem is blood and there's not a whole lot of it.
Kid, 9 years old June 18, 2012

Diablo III

Diablo 3 is a good game for learning because if you didnt now Diablo Is Spanish For The Devil . and diablo is made of peoples Anger. and there is a Part of the game that is called Whimshyre that is lie Ponyland and is very disturbing for girls including you kill ponies and teddy bears. FINAL GRADE: A +
Parent Written byCaring-Parent June 8, 2012

Diablo 3 - the pros and cons

i think that this is a game that is very fun and interesting. It has many positive messages like spreading good and forbidding evil. Child should be advised not to overplay as it is quite addictive. There is also lots of violence so not suitable for children under the age of 13 or so.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bylizruest May 26, 2012

Diablo 3 is our summer game!

This is nowhere near the violence levels of other M games that are war-based, shoot-em-in-the-head realistic extremes. I've played all 3 Diablo games and the fun is in playing with friends. Establish limits (no public games), have your kid play in the same room as you are -- play WITH your kid! -- and it's fine.
Parent Written byAmmatai April 12, 2013

Teen rating at best. Good for casual gamers.

I'm not sure why they bothered with an MA title on this one. Teen at best. Download the free demo or search diablo iii gameplay on youtube and see what it's like for yourself. Normal level is ridiculously easy for any that have played the earlier ones even on monster level 10 yet they force you to play through the whole silly thing to get to nightmare difficulty. Frankly the game is made for "casual players" used to playing the less demanding MMOs and it's mostly click and the bug goes squish. Diablo II while less polished was more interesting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLukeTheGreat May 22, 2012

Not quite as bad as it could be, but still violent.

This is possibly the most highly anticipated game in history, so it's understandable that concerns may be raised about its quality. Thankfully, it manages to live up to all these expectations, delivering an exhilarating experience that will keep one playing for hours and hours on end. That said, the game is very, very violent. It features multiple ways of killing enemies, most of them involving quite a bit of blood. However, it's nowhere near the level of games like Grand Theft Auto or MadWorld. I believe that most people ages 15 and up will be able to appreciate this game, but that parents should definitely screen it to see if it's right for their child if he's under that age.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysamiam1234 December 5, 2013

just because......

It should be 12 and up Just Because: There is a lot of gore when you kill or slice in half or blow up the monsters.
Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2013

DEPENDS

it depends on how mature your child is
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2012

They messed up on this rating

This game should be rated teen,i mean just look at the contents,blood and gore and violence.This game is great for 8+,If they arent scared easily.This has to be a record for dumbest rating,so if you moms are thingkin about leting your kid get this game,if they can handle some blood and like the vilonce let them get this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheMaster389 May 30, 2012

I think it's fine

I think this is fine, because there is not as much blood and gore in view as you would think.
Parent Written by1uke March 29, 2015

LEARNING

Certainly not gruesome and gory!!

Great game and teaches good mouse control. I have played this game since release and there is no Gore or bad language. I cannot see why this game had such a high age rating. Can be a sociable game between friends. A little hard to learn so helps if daddy plays this!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheXboxOracle February 11, 2015

Diablo 3 Oracle Rating

Diablo 3 is a moderately gory hack and slash RPG. I have played the free demo on PC, and while the blood is there, I don't think it should be a deciding factor. Diablo is also a good game for teamwork, as a parent could sit down with a child on console and play with their kid without feeling awkward. The violence is always against fantastical creatures that are explained as life threatening to the remaining living of Tristram. The Game deserves much more credit from parents than it receives. In conclusion, this game is a good challenge for 11-14, while people like me who are older can enjoy optimizing our characters, gaining rare loot, and living in the land of the Hackers and the Slashers.
Teen, 15 years old Written byclassy_creeper October 5, 2014

Should be rated "Teen"

After playing for a few short hours with my friend, I simply could not understand it's "M" rating. The blood and gore exists, but the bird's eye view from which you play the game makes it nearly impossible to make out. Until I literally got within about 10 centimeters of the screen I had no idea it any blood came from the enemies, which fade away seconds after their defeat. Some of the female characters are dressed in slightly skimpy outfits but this is only viewed in the inventory for very brief moments of time. The game itself is very entertaining, and I feel the rating should be "teen".