All member reviews for Dishonored

Teen, 17 years old Written byJester™ October 13, 2012

Gory, stealthy action game is not for youths.

The biggest issue with Dishonored is the violence. While it is up to the player as to whether or not they will kill anyone, there is still a very menacing atmosphere in the game as the player will witness NPC's (non-playable characters) being killed, sometimes very graphically. I personally love the stealthy aspects of the game as well as the challenge of completing missions without bloodshed. There are references to sex and some language in the game, but it is not super frequent and is relatively mild. The biggest concern for parents and Dishonored is the violence. One of the most disturbing actions the player can take is to summon a swarm of rats to viciously (and realistically) consume enemies, where the rats first eat through the flesh, followed by muscle tissue and finally bone of the enemy, all of which is visible to the player and accompanied by plentiful amounts of blood. Dismemberment is also common if the player chooses to kill enemies. Overall the game is entertaining, but the violence (should the player choose to partake of it) is extreme. (*NOTE* The Australian classification for Dishonored is MA15+ for Strong Bloody Violence) Jester's Rating: 9/10
Kid, 10 years old June 30, 2014

LEARNING

I would say eleven for most kids but....

listen im a ten year old but that doesnt mean i dont have some good points. im going to start off and say that this game should be most definitely fine for 11 and up kids. BUT however if you have a mature 10 year old it should be fine. Now im a true ten year old and i have it. there is very few curse words so if your child has played call of duty it should be know problem. there is a few s words and bastard in there but not often there is rarely im mean like RARELY any f words. they say it like 3 times in the hole intire game. the main problem is the violence in this game. but the game incourages you to not kill anyone because if you dont kill anyone it gives you allternative endings more coins and cash and achievment (or trophies for you playstation users) witch give you gamer points.so thats that. now for violence this is going to be quick: if your child plays any call of duty (COD) this should be no problem considering i have call of duty trust me ive seen way worse in call of duty. Now i know some people say there is drinking and stuff but i mean really people. theres as much drinking in it as like if your dad throws a super bowl party. in like a couple missions you go to a pub (the hounds pit pub) and theres a couple people have some beers NO PROBLEM. theres is never a part were you phisically drink some beer the only thing you drink are potions that heal your health and mana. there is absalutley posativley no nudity what so ever so dont worry about that stuff parents. so there is some blood not much but like i said if your child plays call of duty this is no problem. thats pretty much it kids if you get this game there is multiple missions side missions and DLC (downloadable content) to keep you busy for a while. i know you will like it it is definitely worth every penny and it is very fun. also there is some learning. your character corvo loves and cares about the emmpresses daughter and her to death literally to death. i hope this helps parents. :)
Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2012

Dishonored

this game is really fun and its not really gory you can choose if you want it to be gory or not
Teen, 13 years old Written byged 10010 August 26, 2013

Amazing and unique

amazing game a bit violent but whats unique about the game is that you can complete it without killing a single person which takes the violence out of it completely
Kid, 8 years old October 30, 2013

great

good game ok for kids its fine
Teen, 15 years old Written byDaeradoth May 29, 2014

great game

this game has fairly intense violence like decapitations limbs and arms getting blown off and so called plague rats eating dead corpses to the ground there isn't neccicarily sexual content in this game there is a bathhouse that has partially nude in clothes this game has quite frequent cussing like (what the h*ll rarely f*** d*mn and s***) kids 12 and mature should be eligible to play this game and you can choose whether to kill or knock them out...Thank you and stand by for reviews :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bykewlbeans March 26, 2014

LEARNING

Potentially violent game discourages violence

Dishonored is a very enjoyable stealth-based game. Although there is some blood and violent deaths, it can almost be entirely avoided. The game encourages players to go through the levels peacefully. Language ranges anywhere from d*** to f***, somewhat seldom, but it can be heard in the background. There is a level in which you go through a brothel, but nothing is really shown; that being said, the prostitutes do wear skimpy clothes/underwear and a few moans and occasional discussion between customer and prostitute. There are a few references to alcohol. The level of maturity required to play this game depends on your patience and determination. If played peacefully, I would say the average 13 year old could play it. If it is played using the "Path of Destruction", I would say it is intended for 15+. Good game, but it requires patience if you wish to take the "Path of the Shadow".
Kid, 11 years old August 25, 2013

The Best Game of the Century!

I have to say this is one of the best games I have ever seen ever. There is an amazing story line, brilliant characters, it's just a fantastic game. There is some language I wouldn't use in a normal conversation, but not a lot of it. I watched a play through on YouTube, and the commentator swore more than the game. There is some mention of sex related topics, but you never see any nudity. There is frequent mention of gathering for whiskey and cigars by the City Watch, but no one actually drinks or has a cigar. It has the positive message that war is not always the answer and that sometimes it's better to get in and out like a ghost. I do have to say, the game is MUCH better if you put in the time to do every side quest, and get every rune and bone charm, because some of the quests you go on to get them give you character info, or can present you with another way to reach your goal non-lethally. All in all, the best game ever.
Kid, 10 years old May 19, 2013

violence

Well you can choke and assassinate people spawn loads of rats to maul them but not like call of duty
Teen, 17 years old Written bykm1 January 1, 2013

Bethesda Blows us Away Again!

I am currently playing through this game and I feel that the critics review on this website is pretty incorrect. The language is pretty minimal. I am at least halfway through this game and have only heard a few swear words. If your child is mature enough to handle some pretty cartoony violence, get this game for them. This game is very similar to Bethesda's recent hit Skyrim, and if you let your kids play that, there shouldn't be a problem. The only issue I have is the disgusting graphic scenes of rats eating bodies. There are also charred bodies that appear when characters are shot with incendiary (fire) arrows. This game is pretty darn amazing, though. Great gameplay and voice acting. It is no worse that any of the Call of Duty franchise's games. Get this for your kid if they are mature enough. They'll love it, I'm sure.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySamwise888 March 23, 2015

Great game, but caution with kids under 14

First of all, this is a great game. The stealth is superb, and the choices you make throughout the game affect the difficulty of the game in later levels, and I think that is what makes Dishonored so fun to play. I rated this game caution for kids under 14 because I think this game can be very violent and graphic, but only if your kid chooses to play that way. Violence: The violence in this game is very graphic and intense. You can sever limbs and heads, brutally assassinate enemies with your sword, and use various weapons such as crossbows and grenades to dispatch your enemies. You can call up rats to devour a person alive, watching their body be stripped to the bone in a matter of seconds, complete with gurgling sounds. However, notice how I used CAN in all of these descriptions. Your child can choose to run through levels killing everybody, or stealthily sneak around without killing anybody, or a mix of both. It is possible to complete the entire game without killing or being seen by a single person, and you are rewarded with three achievements, but this is very hard to do. (I have completed it, but had to restart many missions to do so) the violence in this game is entirely up to choice, but you will be negatively affected if you kill a lot of people. The game will have a darker ending, and there will be much more enemies you have to face in later levels. I think that for a first run through the game, your child should try to be stealthy, but dispatch enemies as necessary. Language: Language is not too much of an issue in this game, but still present. Characters will regularly use hell and damn, but you will quickly realize that it is just part of the dialogue. Now, every once in a while, you will be able to hear an enemy use f--- or s--- in a sentence. This does not happen too often, but it is still something that your child should be aware of. I'm not going to go into the whole thing about your child hearing these words at school, because I feel that is a feeble excuse, as they should not be hearing these words at home. Sex: Common Sense Media has an accurate description of sex/sexual themes in this game. There is one level where your character will have a mission in a brothel. There are no sex scenes or anything like that, but the whole area has the feel of a kind of club. Drinking: Your character's meeting place is in a bar, and alcohol is consumed, but nothing your child can't handle. All in all, this is a great game, and I highly recommend it for kids 14 and up. You should talk to your child, and maybe ask them how they think they want to play through the game. If your child has had experience with violent or action/adventure games before, they should be fine. If this is your child's first violent video game, I do not recommend giving them this game, but instead easing them into the genre with a T rated game. Hope this helped!
Teen, 14 years old Written bychild3445 January 18, 2015

Superb game but with violent aspects

This game is nothing short of amazing, you have choice of how you go about things instead of the usual go from point A to point B. To summarise the game you play as Corvo Attano who seeks revenge after the empress is brutally murdered. the game can be violent, if you want it to be, you can go through the whole game without killing anyone but it would be a challenge and you probably will end up killing people, when you sneek up behind someone you can stab them in the neck which results in a spray of blood, or you could take the non lethal option by putting them unconscious, there are a variety of ways to kill your enemies, you can shoot them with as pistol or crossbow stab them etc. on occasions when i go up behind people instead of stabbing them in the neck you slit there throat, which some people migh find discomforting, but overall the game is not that violent and in my opinion truly amazing, i found myself restarting the game all over again after completion.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2014

Amazing game.

I play this game somewhat a lot. It's very addicting. Just, the executions are a bit... Gory. And the MICE! So annoying..
Kid, 10 years old November 16, 2014

Pretty Brutal

Very bloody and violent, if you want it to be, you get the option whether to rip people's throats out, or you can sneak through each level putting your teleportation abilities to some good use. References to prostitution is slightly inappropriate, so good for ages 16 and under!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylouie22101 April 5, 2014

outstanding

See, this game is about revenge. Not a great idea to give to a kid. BUT it gives you the option to not kill anyone. Everything about this is great and your kid knows all this stuff already. Ya the f word is used once or twice. Violence is obviously not a big deal as kids study wars and stuff in school. Perfectly fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykiller425 April 4, 2014

Good Moral To A Messed Up Game

While there is constant (and quite f***ed up) violence and gore including the ever-entertaining "impaling someone's head on a wall with an arrow," this game does encourage you to NOT kill people. If you DO kill people, the game will give you a horrible ending. In the end, it's trying to teach you proper decision making skills for moral choices.
Kid, 10 years old July 24, 2013

intense violence but filled with awesome missions and landscapes

i was watching my friend play this game and found it quite intense with violence but fascinating with moral choice and awesome graphics
Teen, 16 years old Written bycombodombie June 24, 2013

ITS A STEALTH GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

If u want a happy ending, don't kill anyone.
Kid, 12 years old May 26, 2013

"Stealth and darkness at it's peak"

I've never played Thief and I probably never will, but from what I've heard this is as close as I'm gonna get to it, and it's EXCELLENT. Other than the quite dated textures, this game is really enjoyable and it had me hooked to the very end. Just the feeling of playing the game as efficiently as possible while jabbing everything in the room in a split 15-seconds makes this game a blast. This is a game I'd love to see a sequel of.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTomtom51 May 9, 2013

Great game that shouldn't be rated M

Dishonored is a very good game though the game has some violence it can all be avoided. There are not any really bad parts and only minimal language.