All member reviews for Disney Infinity

Creative Disney adventure lets kids build own games.

Learning(i)

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Matthew's Disney Infinity Game Review

I think this game is for kids 6 and up, it lets them play as they favorite Disney characters and you can basically do whatever you want, you can be in monsters university or in the incredibles and i hear there will be a lot more characters coming soon :) i'm 10 and love this game on the wii!
Parent Written byBostonWriter September 15, 2013

A great game for the entire family (including Mom & Dad!)

As is true of most families, each child has a very different personality: my 13yo is a cerebral and bookish self-described geek, my 10yo is very athletic and has only a passing interest in video games, and my 5yo is quite active and has a remarkably short attention span. (In other words, he's a normal 5yo kid.) It's tough to find family games appealing to the whole crew, but Disney Infinity delivers on all fronts. If your kids already play Skylanders, then you're familiar with the basic mechanics of the figure/game interaction. Place a figure on the base, that character transports into the video game world, and the child assumes the role of that character. This is great for younger players, as it's fun to place different characters in the game and see how they interact with the environment. Some of the game mechanics - particularly for the mission-based elements - can be frustrating for younger players, so the ability to change mid-game helps to hold the tantrums at bay. Another great feature for keeping younger ones engaged is the multiplayer mode. When a player completes a mission, all players enjoy the spoils of victory. While my 5yo runs around exploring environments and goofing around, the older kids are completing the core mission elements. When a mission is completed, confetti canons fire and all the characters celebrate, so even little players feel like they've played a roll in getting the job done. A very nice feature for family game time. The game also delivers a wonderful single-player experience. The diversity of missions is great - not too easy, not too tough - and the open world setting encourages (and rewards) exploration, so even my first-person-shooter / Minecraft addicted teenager enjoys playing. Speaking of Minecraft... the 'Toy Box' mode is what makes the game really shine. The ability to build, play in, and share the worlds you create is exceptional. The world-building mode is definitely better suited for bigger kids, but it creates a rich experience that really does let kids (okay... and parents) have fun letting their imagination go wild. From building platformer-type games (think Donkey Kong with Disney characters) to race tracks that are mash-ups of different Disney environments, there's not a lot you can't do in the Infinity world. You can also download and play worlds created by Disney, which gives the game a bit if an evergreen nature, as you can always grab new games and keep the experiences fresh... all at no additional cost. (Note: you do need an Internet connection for this feature.) Inspired, out-of-the box thinking in the best tradition of Disney. Really well done. We bought the WiiU edition starter kit and have since purchase several figures, as well as the 'Cars' world game pack. All figures are of reasonably high quality and make great little collector pieces in their own right. Disney also did a great job of 'normalizing' styles from several different properties. Jack Sparrow (from a live-action film), Mr. Incredible (from a Pixar animated film), and in-game cameos by Mickey (traditional animation icon), all look like they're from the same family, yet nothing is lost in translation. Very clear that Disney invested time in delivering a quality experience across both physical and digital aspects of the game. All-in-all, I very highly recommend this game. Although I haven't played on all consoles, I'm sure they're great. The WiiU version makes little use of the extra screen, but there's a nice feature where the game can be played entirely on the WiiU controller... a very nice feature when Dad wants to watch sports while one of the kids game away. Getting going with the system can be a bit pricey: $79 for the starter kit which comes with the portal, the game disc, and three figures. Given that there are three distinct game worlds - Monsters U, Incredibles, and Pirates - plus the Toy Box mode, it really is quite a good value. Additional figures can be had for roughly $10 each (Toys'R'Us recently had a 'buy two for $20' deal) if you catch a sale. Additional playsets are in the $30-$40 range, but typically come with two new figures plus a whole new game world. Again, a great value given that most new video games fall in the $40 - $60 range. I love gifts like this, particularly around the holidays, as they make a nice one-two punch for parents: Mom & Dad can give the starter set as a main gift, and relatives can give additional figures at a low cost. The kids are happy and no one breaks the bank. The list of disappointing kid-friendly games is long, as games modeled after animated properties are typically mediocre at best. Disney Infinity, however, breaks from that pack with gusto and delivers an entertaining and innovative experience that should have a long shelf life. Highly recommended.
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2013

MEGA-MEGA-MEGA-MEGA COOL!!!

I saw the trailer of it. IT WAS MIND-BLOWING AWESOME!!! I'm getting this game. The starter pack and "The Lone Ranger" figures. Although the violence seemed to be a little disturbing to the youngest of kids ages 18 months, BUT NOT FOR FOUR-YEAR-OLDS. This is the game that you can create your own worlds in "Toy Box" mode. Or you can play as the characters in "Play Set" mode. MIND-BLOWING AWESOME INDEED!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronRunningAnvil August 30, 2013

Fun for all ages and especially for younger and more creative minds

This game to start is very fun and is a take of the skylanders franchise which has become hugely popular over the world for many. Now although this is not as good as skylanders that does not rule it out. It is very different with each film having its own play set, world to play in and do missions in, You get pirates of the Caribbean, monsters inc and the incredibles with the starter pack. This game also has toy box mode where you can make your own games and play then with friends either online or at home. Overall this is a fun game but if you are looking for more action I myself would prefer skylanders which I do, but again this is still a good game
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2013

Your crazy if you say your 8 year old can't play it.

Really? 10? This game is a little to childish for me... I would say 4 and up.
Kid, 9 years old December 29, 2013

This Is a awseome game.

This game is terrific! But my worries are that there are too much consumerism, sometimes there are challenges for specific characters than you can't play them if you do not have that person but instead you watch all the cool moves they can do! Also I was in the Incredible's World and I saw a box that said you needed all these characters to unlock this. I have purchased many characters (Elsa, Anna, The Lone Ranger, and Dash. So I have a total of 8 characters (The $75.00 kit includes 3 characters Mr Incredible, Sully, and Captain Jack Sparrow). You also can buy power disks that include some characters you buy and those power disks you can also see when you don't have them. There is hardly violence so if your WAYYYY over protective I wouldn't suggest it.
Kid, 11 years old December 23, 2014

Infinity for infinity

Mission components are fun for kids looking for an actual game. They sell lots of different playsets at your local Wal-Mart if you really like storylines. So many cool games! As for the toy box, who wouldn't enjoy building whatever they want? No matter the console, you can have fun building whatever the heck you want! (Exception: Wii) To summarize, there's something for everybody here.
Teen, 13 years old Written byABCand123 September 29, 2014

awesome

awesome
Adult Written byjulianr July 24, 2014

Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 April 23, 2014

LEARNING
Shooting and programming aspects too much for young kids.Recommended for smart kids and tweens plus. It's fun, but imperfect.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2014

Disney Infinity

Once I played this with my 6 year old neighbor and she LOVED it. It's so fun and kinda easy to play. I loved it and played it every day until one day when I found out that the real reason why Pixie Hollow Online closed was because of Disney Infinity. I don't play it anymore. So, if you have a PHO fan, don't get it, but it's great.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

LEARNING

Disney Infinity = AWESOME!!!!

what other families should know is that the game features a variety of different guns, lasers, and swords. enemies break to pieces (because their toys) after using the weapons or you can use different types of punching or brutal hand to hand combat attacks. dose any mom want to see kids slicing enemies with swords and shooting them with laser pistols? but there are plenty of hilarious guns like the T.P gun where you can toilet paper trees and other items. also there are butt loads of classic disney characters like "Uncle Scrooge" and there are even ESPN equipment too. i love this game and i play it with anyone from my brother to my cousin jesse. i reccomend this game 6+. im kidgamer101 thanks for reading this reveiw.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byDajb January 20, 2014

2 player... Not so much!

We purchased for our two kids. The problem is that the game only supports two player mode in the "Toybox" area. The actual levels and adventures only support single player, which means one kid is sitting watching the other. If you want to hear arguments over who's turn it is every 15 seconds, this is the game for you!