All teen and kid member reviews for Doom 3

Teen, 16 years old Written byFPSjunkie January 24, 2011

Not satanic. Gives good message about resolve and bravery.

A lot of peoples main complaint is that its "satanic", I think they couldn't be more wrong. Sure, you got your demons, satan, hell, and posession. But you know what you do? Shoot them all in the face with a shotgun. Your fighting the evil, not summoning or worshipping it. And the message "fight evil with all you got", ain't a bad thing. Even though the main character see's whole squads go down to the enemy, he still picks up his favorite machine gun, and goes to do some exterminating, saving whoever he can. I think everybody needs a little bit of that resolve. I can't say the game isn't a bit on the gory side, but its rather tame compared to some of the stuff coming out today (i.e Splatterhouse).
Teen, 13 years old Written byRobag October 31, 2009

So good its a sin

Doom is a classic, always has always will be. Now if you think that the original Doom started Colombine, you are an idiot: violence will not turn your kids into murder machines. If you talk to them about what is real and what is fantasy. 13 year olds that havent been sheltered will enjoy most everything about it, its fun, supensful, and somtimes atmospheric. I suggest to play in the dark with surround sound and an adult diaper. Notes: This game will not recruit your child into the church of satan. If he can wach Nightmare On Elm Steet and not have any nightmares. And MOST importently DO NOT use this game as a scapegoat if your kid goes compleatly bannas and goes on a heavly armed rampage through the school.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008

this game rocks

it talks about hell and god in mars and very very very gory and scary and gets bloodier and more violent throught the game and when you get to the last level you must battle the devil i love this game and i give it 5 stars.i love it.no kids must play this game.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySnakeFart August 3, 2012

LEARNING

Great for seasoned DOOM fans.

Look, this was the first doom game since doom 2 (DOS game, i mean seriously old) this time they were focusing more on a horror experience, if sight is a problem then it's working (stop posting such idiocy CSM, use actual gamers for this crap i mean seriously) this game is extremely gory including a scenematic where you walk into a room with an unknown growth all over it, as well as a man stuck to the ceiling with his stomach open revealing his innards.) this game series has always been based on satanic demons from hell attacking us, what did you expect? evil unicorns? learning for kids? don't join a cult ._.
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2012

One of a kind

I love this game yeah, yeah i'm a young girl but i finished this game with my dad and it was so cool and took me 2 in a half, maybe 3 years but it was an amazing game. At first, your marine goes to a mars base or city and no monsters at first nice people but then when you get your pda go to the mars city underground to look for the missing scientest you find him in his unknown office then, the lights flicker an evil soul infects mars people and it's up 2 u to finish the game! In enpro plant a cool level, the beggining is really cool and in a previous level, you meet madusa!!!!!I also finished all the other dooms and can't wait for doom 4! PLAY IT NOW!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byBlackSmokeDemon January 21, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byjumphop October 6, 2010

Fun game, will scare the crap out of you....for a while.

This game is fun, but could scare younger children with the monster in the closet method of scaring. To me the thing you should be worried about with this game is the fact that it could scare. Not as much as some games, simply because it uses the monster in the closet formula but it's still pretty intense. It can be very bloody, but the blood doesn't look realistic. Basically just as in the first to (although the blood looks slightly better.) The blood comes out of demons like a red turd. Then it splatters on the ground. But if you can get past that it's a really fun game that keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBig Daddys Drill April 15, 2010

its not that fun of a game don't play it at all wish i did not have it do not let kids play or see this game.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

Doom is not everybody's game. Some detest the whole pointless shooter games with no story line. But Doom makes the player jump at the unexpected horrors lying around the corner, and are blown away by the major step up from the original doom games. A winner.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe2hotrods July 6, 2015

"Alcohol"- really csm? I have seen no alcohol. There are cans that may have beer in them, but who is really going to pay attention? Demons are trying to kill you. "Its all about killing."- killing demons. They are from hell, so its not really a bad message.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTmg7 March 30, 2015

I played it wen i was six! Its awesome
Teen, 15 years old Written bymichaelmetzger February 10, 2015

Doom 3

Doom 3 is a fantastic FPS horror game developed by ID Software in 2004. This game shows a lot of positive role models, but, it runs with very mature content, such as bloody, gory, brutal violence, swearing, disturbing images, and sometimes jump-scares throughout the game. Doom 3 is also very dark, not as in tone, but in as you can't see a single thing in front of you, because there are a few scenes where the lights will go completely out. Enemies can be blown up, sawed/sliced, and shot into a big gory pile of organs as well. The game's storyline is where you play as a space marine on Mars, working for a research company called the UAC (Union Aerospace Corporation). Your job is to look for a missing scientist in Mars City Underground, witch is where you and the scientist realize that an outbreak of demons and evil souls have escaped from another dimension named Hell, killing everyone. After words, the scientist is turned into a zombie, attempting to kill you, and you need to shoot it. Also, there are parts in the game where swear words are used, such as Jack*ss, f*ck, and sh*t. But, to be honest, the biggest maturity of the game is the amount of gore that is featured, and one of the most brutal weapons to use in the game is the chainsaw. This weapon is capable of sawing through enemies within seconds, causing lungs, brains, liver, and intestines to fall on the ground with blood spraying (And yes, this IS shown on screen). Doom 3 is not for young children, but horror/gore fans will enjoy it very much.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTommyhead October 11, 2013

For teens & young adults

14-28
Kid, 10 years old May 19, 2012

Not good to play with kids

If you have this game at home and playing this game with a child, please don't play this with a child because this game is too violence for kids i am just giving you an advice. My dad likes to play zombie ps3 games,i want to try it then i did when i saw everything it was too violence,that's why parents or teenagers if you have game that is not for kids please don't show it to them.Thank you for giving me a speech.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 26, 2012

The movie was loads better.

For kids who like violent action shooters only.If you like the movie,you will like this too.If you don't like blood and gore,keep a mile away from this game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCloudIsC00L723 October 21, 2011

Incredible and terrifying shooter is too gory for kids

Kid, 11 years old July 11, 2011

Scary and fall off the bone gory, but really fun.

Doom 3 is scary and fall off the bone gory. When all the monsters come, you would be afraid to move a muscle. There's a lot of blood that splatters, dead bodies lay everywhere, there's blood wiped on the floor and walls, you can't see anything (although you do have a flashlight, also can beat stuff, but you should only use it when there's no monsters), these zombies and demons pop out when you least expect and scare the crud out of you, and you can even see brains fly out when you shoot zombies in the head with a shotgun. We hear a little cussing sometimes, but not too bad. You arrive at a base and everything's calm, no monsters yet, people there welcome you and stuff, but when you get the maybe second task to go somewhere...boom, after a cut scene, the base is suddenly attacked by zombies and demons. You have a radio, and you can hear screaming and for example: "We've got 2 down and 1 wounded.", "We don't know what we're up against.". There's also downloadable mods for the game to make it gorier, enable dismemberment, add more modes, make demons look different, make the level lights bloomier, and more. There's an expansion pack to add more monsters, another weapon, and more levels to the game. I don't have the game...yet, and I saw gameplay videos of Doom 3. There's also an online multiplayer mode including co-op play, deathmatch, and much more.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKiPunk11 February 16, 2011

Visceral, Brutal, Amazing yet Terrifying Experience.

Okay, I first had a run-in with Doom 3 when I was 9. That was my freaking mistake, the game is an action-horror game. It's not objective-based, the game's all about being freaked the fork out and killing the living hell out of stuff. I'm fifteen now, and as an older teenager I'd say it's had no major impact on me than a few jump-scares. If the parents or older teens are playing it, keep the kids away. They'll thank you later. Speaking of thanks, your older kids will absolutely love you for letting them play this. It's pretty great, and definitely a worthy successor to the older Doom games, and those are big shoes to fill.
Teen, 14 years old Written byomsoc007 April 9, 2008

Awesome

This is packed with blood, language, and stuff you dont want children to learn. The first time I played this i crapped my pants! Monsters jump out at you from corners, ceiling. Very bloody. toilet bowls are usually filed with mutilated body parts. NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!