All member reviews for Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2014

Dragon Quest IX is addicting as heck!!! :D

Dragon Quest IX is one of the first RPG games I have played and that the boss music is totally epic(I just love that boss music :)) It isn't educational, but requires the ability to read since you will not understand anything if you can not read, resulting in the not best experience of this game(and it will just make playing the game harder). This game has vicious monsters(and I MEAN VICIOUS) and some cute monsters that will help your lone character or party(party means group) level up higher. The storyline may be long and dull at times, but the game overall is also pretty funny with its puns and jokes. In my opinion, Dragon Quest IX is for kids who are old enough to read and know how to play basic RPGs.(In fact, I've played for 46 hours and am a level 35 Minstrel!!!)
Teen, 13 years old Written byRitsuNamine December 2, 2012

This game just oozes production value.

This game is just excellent, the story is great and very immersive, however it does deal with some more mature content. Violence and alcohol are present, with the latter being less common. Violence is present frequently, however, it is very light and there is no visible blood. Being a JRPG more mature themes like these are not unusual, but they are never too harsh. There are no sexual themes beyond that characters don't always have fully covering clothing. Nothing too intense- cable TV is often far worse. Do not give this game to immature kids. This is truly the last thing an immature child needs. However, if you believe your kid is mature enough, let them have at it. They will have a really, really fun time.
Kid, 10 years old April 11, 2012

The BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST BEST Game In The World-DragonQuestIX

There ARE A couple of things to watch out for,like watch out for the types of armour your kid buys DAILY if your child is under 10 years old,ESPECIALLY any Armour That has Femi in the beginning,but other than that,let your child have at it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTangiRose April 2, 2012

A Sorely Underrated Game

I can't believe how underrated this game is. The storyline is thought-provoking, the graphics are superb, and having the freedom to name your charachter, customize it and make it your own was a wise add-on. Unlike most games (where the villan is evil for the sake of being evil, or simply wants to take over the world), the main antagonist has a lengthy back-story and is almost relateable. I only killed him because I had to. There are some odvious religious undertones, and being of Christian Faith myself I appriciated the town donned 'Wyrmwood Creek', the 'Leviathan', and many other referances I forget at the moment. However, there's plenty of non-Christian references as well (the Utopia with greek-style buildings, the tree-goddess charachter, and having no choice but to pray to a tree in order to advance in the game). Overall, I'd reccomend this title to anyone who is in possesion of a Nintendo DS system. NOTE: Dragon Quest X is coming out soon for the Wii and Wii-U, so you might want to wait for that!!)
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2011

Fun and safe

I love this game. I''m a level 17 Minstril.
Kid, 10 years old January 11, 2011

Ther is no such thing as a perfect game, but this comes pretty cloose

Parents, you are probably going like, 'Alcohol Refrence?' (eyebrow raised), 'Animated Blood?!', '... And Langauge!' Well I am going to explain each descriptor. Alcohol Reference: In a town there are a few people that act a little on the drunk side. Some inns have pubs. Animated Blood: The battles are completely bloodless, and limited to clothing on monsters and cutscenes Comic Mischief: If you explore a town name Stornway enough, you will find someonev who teaches you how to provoke monsters by shaking your behind. Fantasy Violence: Basic Dragon Quest stuff Mild Langauge: I didn't see "d**m, but "h**l is used a few times Mild Suggestive Themes: Some spiritual refrences to god as the Almighty. A monster can do a "puff puff" attack where she acts very flirty. If you want one reason not to fork over 35 dollars for this awesome game, it is actually one of its many strongpoints: freedom. This is great because I don't have anyone telling me to hurry up an rescue someone. The problem is this actually got me completely off track on the story. This is so minor that this game still deserves a 5/5 or 9/10.
Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2010

lord of the rings for kids

this rpg is really amazing. monsters aren't very scary, except for a few menacing bosses, and the heroes are heroic. comedy is put in too, so this equals one of the best rpgs ever made.
Teen, 16 years old Written byelrond44 August 14, 2010

its great for teenagers and possibly people 10 and up

It was an amazing game
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2010

Good For All Ages

I always liked DBZ, Akira Toriyama did the art. But when I played this game. I was suprised. Nice game.
Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2010

good for younger kids older kids may say whats a garth goyle?

I think this game is perfect for final fantasy gamers of legend of zelda. while you get armour you also get things such as nickers or panties saying ..........will look good on anyone or you could just get stuff thats helpfull.if you uniquipt shirt or shorts you will be wearing boxing briefs and a sleeveless shirt.
Kid, 10 years old July 28, 2010

fun game for kids

i rented this game and i liked very much. it has great controls and a fun battle system.
Kid, 11 years old July 15, 2010

Great game, but challenging and a huge time-eater

I've been waiting for this game to come out for 3 weeks. And I finally bought it the day it came out. Its a great game with easy controls and a simple story. The only problems is its very addicting and and a huge time-eater (especially for older kids). It can be very challenging for some of the creatures are hard to defeat. But who doesn't like a good challenge? I highly recommend it for role-playing lovers.