All member reviews for Driver: San Francisco

Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude57447434 September 1, 2013

My thoughts

This plot is a riveting thrill ride about a cop trying to take down a dangerous criminal and it's great the cars are awesome a guys dream if they like action and very fast cars
Teen, 13 years old Written byIronRunningAnvil August 8, 2012

LEARNING

Amazing game, but to grown up for younger gamers.

There is lots to say about this game. It does include a little bit of excesive use of bad language some mild and some quite strong. The violence is car based including police chases and much more. It is very fun though and enjoyable with a plot you can understand and some funny one liners whilst you change cars. The game will last a while and one you complete it you will feel like you have achieved something. Overall a good game (5/5).
Kid, 10 years old October 21, 2011

Great game, hardly any bad content.

I've had this game for about a day and i'll tell u what i think: The game is great; it goes through San Francisco in every turn in every place. The cursing is kept to a minimum: d*mn, sh*t, a*s, a*shole, cr*p and godd*mmit. Luckily this game will never drop the F-bomb. The graphics are amazing. First I thought the game was going to be something like Free Running; an old game with bad graphics. They set the resolution to 800 x 600 but you can change that. Here is some stuff about violence: You would be expected to go into people and blood everywhere. But no. You can't run over people; they simply move away from your car. You play as someone named Tanner: After in a bad car crash trying to catch an escaping prisoner, his car gets beat up and there is a scene when he is in a hospital. After that you have the ability to 'shift' cars (move to different cars) and control the person's body. Over all, this game is great and anyone above 9 years of age can handle it. However, it may be hard for young kids to understand the story and handle the chaos driving cars. So why have I rated this educational? Well, the game let's you drive cars, so young kids can learn that in the future, while looking at life in San Francisco.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude68683 October 6, 2013

My thoughts

Tis game has got everything a dude my age would want fast cars pretty girls bad language action it's a great story and it really gets harder and harder when the game progresses like defusing bombs under moving trucks or getting someone to the hospital after being bitten by a poisonous spider a action thrill ride from beginning to end and you have access to 140 cars sport muscle compact trucks a bunch of stuff
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2013

Great GTA Clone

This is a nice game,but has terrible accidents and words like sc*mbag,s**t,and d*mn,but no f*ck is heard.This has cars from Audi,Ford and more,increasing excitement.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGoodandTrees January 15, 2013

Nope.

Not as violent as war games, but NOT what I was looking for. I wanted a fun freedrive car game, but instead I get one trying to be call of duty, with one of the players blowing up police cars, lots of cursing, and not a lot of driving.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTTPKacey June 23, 2012

Aside from the language, it's a creative racing game in a rinse-repeat world.

For the past few years racing games have been, for the most part, rinse and repeat garbage. NFS Shift 2 had almost no variation from the first Shift, and I frankly found it boring. NFS Undercover was.. meh. NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 was quite good but it was short, with me finishing the Police campaign just two days after purchasing the game. Split/Second was poorly executed and just felt clunky but was fun enough to be a short-time attention grabber. I've missed the old days of when racing games were creative and fun, like the good old NFS Underground 2 and Most Wanted games. One thing that kept me playing was the constant pursuit of customization. Since Need for Speed Carbon I feel like the customization in nearly every racing game has just been watered down. I remember spending hours making custom Lamborghinis and Astons in Most Wanted, not resting until the decals were perfect and the rims were just the right color. In Hot Pursuit 2010, there was absolutely no customization beyond the color of the car. Any alternate cars you had to spend real money on. Now to focus on Driver, it reminds me of the days of Most Wanted. Sure, there's no real visual customization, but the thing that takes me back is the fact that it's *creative*. Where have you seen the shift ability before? Anywhere? nope.avi. You haven't. I've never played a Driver game before (mainly because they were all rated M and I was too young to play them at the time and I haven't had time to pick up Parallel Lines.... Steam sale next week anyone?) this one, so I can't really compare to the old games. BUT, comparing to the past couple years of games, this is a very solid title worth picking up. I'm looking forward to the Most Wanted remake, and maybe it can hold a candle to this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymatt54 November 12, 2014

Driver

This game is just another racing game, yes has car crashes ect. however it does contain quite a lot of bad language: b-tch sh-t and one f-ck
Teen, 14 years old Written byandybravec July 20, 2014

nice realistic cars but very dumb unrealistic features

Well this game has pros and cons. lets start with cons, shall we? So there is a new feature of shifting and flying to the other car which is cool, but now that isnt a traditional driver series game anymore. you cant get out of a car. you cannot use any weapons anymore so all missons are done in the car. But thats not it: there are now pedestrians walking down the streets to make it kinda more realistic. But you just cannot run over them. they just swipe away or at high speeds they just go through the car. This is the con that i hate the most. In MY opinion you should be able to run over them and make streets full of corpses and blood and you could go out of the vehicle and use a weapon to shoot everyone you want to. and if you would do that the cops would be called to come here and try to arrest you first and if not they would shoot at you. and if you crash the car, the car itself will not destroy just like in real life but it will get just few scratches, broken lights and windows and some of the smoke. also some cars sound the same and you cannot set speed to metric units and there is no option of manual transmission. and if you would set on the metric units, the gauges in car interior should change to KM/H too. and when you jump over a car delivery truck and try to get off the road there will be an invisible wall and you'll crash into it. Language isnt a problem and sadly there is no violence and sex. nobody in the game drinks but some people smoke a cig but that also isnt a problem. I wish ubisoft did and fix all this stuff i mentioned. the game is for everyone. no age limit
Teen, 14 years old Written byRobotB9_ August 28, 2012

Great Game, 11 and up

This is the best racing/driving game I have ever played. The only violence is crashing into other cars. The language is a problem though. They use swears such as Sh*t, A$$, Da*m, and Bit*h. I would have wrote 10 and up, but the language is a problem, so the parents who don't care about language, 11 and up. The main character ,Tanner, is a positive role model, who is trying to capture a criminal. He is a kind guy, who cares about the city. Very good game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAppleFan July 27, 2012

BEST CAR GAME EVER!!!

This game is not for learning, it is for fun. Some words can be heard but not a whole lot. Basic lesson: If you are a bad person, you will get caught.
Kid, 9 years old October 2, 2011

Great game, CONSTANT cussing

Driver San Fran is a Great game. You play the role of a guy named Tanner. He slipped into a coma because he was in a car accident , and while he is in his coma, he has the ability to shift into people's minds(control there body). The only thing parents need to be concerned about is the CUSSING. There is nonstop swearing from the beginning. Words such as h--l, d--n, a--, b---h, b----d, a--hole, jack--s, crap,god---mit, s--t and p---k are said constant from the beginning and seem like they never stop saying it. There is some references about threatening to kill somebody, and "drug trafficking". Minus the cussing, this is the best game I've ever played!