Nintendo's new handheld is great IF parental controls used.

Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2010
I have had a DSi since march last year (I live in the UK) and I've grown attached to it. I love playing RPGs and taking pictures on the camera. You can set parental controls on as well. There's not really a problem for the internet issue. You have to buy a wireless router ($120 I believe for a decent one. It is £70 for a good one in the United Kingdom) or a Nintendo USB connector (£5 off eBay or $10 ). The USB connector is discontinued :( so the wireless router is the only option. There are also some minor flaws with the system as well. To get 13 hours game play, I have to play mine on the lowest brightness setting which is a struggle for me to see. Also, the 'matte finish' isn't doing as good as it claims as I've had to get a protector cover after I spotted fingerprints on the DSi. The other problem is the new DSi XL. It has a 93% bigger screens and has A little bit of Maths Training and a 5 in 1 dictionary. It also has an internet browser but it is the same problem as the DSi with the internet. The DSi XL looks good but it is £150/$190. Overall, the DSi is a good system to use with a wide range of fun on it!
Kid, 10 years old February 10, 2010

Great for All!

The DSi is great! I have one myself and I love it! They are totally safe for younger children because of parental controls. They only thing is though their is internet. And obviously they internet is not the safest place. But otherwise this is great!
Kid, 11 years old January 29, 2010

Safety A Bit Of An Issue, But Otherwise Top-Notch!

This is a great handheld system! I, being a kid, love my DSi and I think its one of the greatest handheld devices out there. On the other hand, privacy is a big issue: My two younger cousins were PictoChatting (A form of wireless communication, not using Wi-Fi, where you can chat with the person next to you. You can draw in things or type in the letters, no security at all. Still fun if you're just drawing with your friends somewhere safe in your house) and someone swore at them out of the blue. Also, younger kids might not get how unsafe it is to post pics of yourself on the internet, and say your name and age. Be careful, and make sure everyone who has it knows the responsibility and hazards of using this.
Teen, 16 years old Written byclaycoz December 30, 2009

good

I love my dsi it is the best handheld gaming system in my point of view. But there is a web browser on the system and a online store but there are parental controls.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycheesecake659 November 21, 2009
I think the Nintendo DSi is a VERY fun gaming system. For parents out there, it can have educational benefit.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybuckshot98 November 17, 2009

Perfect for 3+ due to internet

I like it for it's menu choises, unlike the ds lite it has avariety of choises, like cameras,sound,store,and internet.
Kid, 12 years old October 10, 2009

dsi is great but also can be unsafe for young kids

since the first time I held it,I fell in love with it,the dsi has many fetures that the old one,but the controling can be hard in the first week(you fiture it out as time goes by).
Teen, 14 years old Written byzackaback October 8, 2009
Love It!
Kid, 9 years old September 27, 2009

umm...

ummm... its ok.
Kid, 11 years old August 26, 2009

what a sight for sore DS's

I got this console the other day, I fell in love with it straight away, I like the way you can take photos and stuff, but my two concerns are that 1: on the new dsi aplication called flipnote studio you can online and watch other peoples flipnotes which may include bad language or violence, 2: pictochat is unsafe as children can go on it and chat to anyone within a couple of meters of them, this can also be used to write bad language, and draw gross or violent things... but if you put the perental controls on you will stop your child going on those two apps, and if you monitor the child well whilst he/she plays it shouldn't matter anyway, with a wide choice of games I give it a 5 star rating..... BYE IT NOW!!
Kid, 8 years old August 22, 2009

perfect for tweens and up

ok, i love the nintendo dsi sooooo much i can't get my eyes off of it. But if you are bad at using electronics, it is kinda complicated to use it, but either way, i LOVE it :x
Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2009
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2009

It's a good game.

Parents: when using the Nintendo DS your child can communicate with anyone within 300 feet using the Nintendo form of text-messaging called Pictochat, regardless of wireless internet access . That may be a problem, but the INTERNET can only be used as a browser, or for multiplayer games with the blue Wi-Fi symbol you can play with anyone in the world.
Kid, 8 years old June 28, 2009

GREAT STUFF!!!

I loove it!! u can go on the internet, takes pictures, and record and play music :D
Parent Written bynatman June 28, 2009
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2009

A complete rip off!

The DSi is such a rip off of the iPhone/iPod Touch! Its almost the same exact thing so if you want something like this, just buy an iPod!!
Kid, 6 years old June 18, 2009

i hate books

hello this is best day of my life i am going to play this game iloveyou
Kid, 10 years old June 10, 2009

the best system 10 times better then the wii

man i do photos more then anything i mostly play up on there bigger screen the photos are amazing
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2009