All member reviews for Endless Ocean

Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2010

Endless Ocean was the first game for Wii I recieved. I instantly fell in love with it. It's often been called "the most overrated or underrated game of the century." Either you love it for the calming aspects and the stunning graphics, or you hate it for the sheer boringness. Endless Ocean involves your character, (a person who can be changed with three skintones, gender, two hair styles per gender, two wetsuits and two hair colors, but don't worry, you can unlock more options later on in the game.) who works as an amateur biologist who liveson the sea in a sailboat called "Gabbiano." Along with Katherine, the boat's witty but often mysterious guide, you go on scuba missions and explore Manoa Loi. The graphics underwater will take your breath away. You can explore limestone caves, coral reefs, shipwrecks, and trenches. Hundreds of animals that appear in different seasons can be found and logged in Katherine's "Marine Encyclopedia" including dolphins, sharks, manta rays, walruses, birds, a variety of fish, and even a polar bear! Clients can also request tours underwater (if they give you 3 stars or higher, your reputation and therefore your amount of clients improves). You can also take snapshots for local magazines and papers and customize the local aquarium's display whenever you feel like doing so (however, you can only add previously discovered animals.) Finally, Endless Ocean has incredible educational value. By reading the descriptions of each marine creature, many (including me) have gained an invaluable knowledge of various animals. Like stated before, if a calming, simple game is one you want, Endless Ocean is the perfect game for you and will keep you glued to your TV for months. However, if you're a hardcore gamer and enjoy seeing blood, gore, and guns, you'd better sit Endless ocean out.
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2009

A Calming Game

If your kids are looking for a game that has no violence or language, buy Endless Ocean. This game has a really soothing tone to it. The point of the game is to swim around and get to know different fish. Your kids don't have to worry about polution and people dumping garbage in the ocean. There is no other sharks eating fish and no blood from ther fish. But if you are religious, there is one song that is religious, but that is the only kinda bad part of the game. My opinion is get the game and enjoy it. If you want to know the it is Amazing Grace. :-)
Kid, 10 years old September 25, 2009

boring.zzzz
Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2009

Sweet

I got this last year. I haven't played in awhile but I love it. My favorite is the shipwreck. If you think it is boring you are out of your mind.
Kid, 12 years old December 5, 2009

bp

the game was boring and really hard to play
Teen, 14 years old Written bySeaSerpent November 5, 2012

LEARNING

Refreshing

Endless Ocean is a diving simulator for the Wii. Right there, most people already have decided what they think of this game. Let's face it. If you go into this game thinking it's going to be a boring and lethargic experience without any weapons, enemies, or even violence, then you're probably going to think that it's a boring and lethargic experience without any weapons, enemies, or even violence. But that is exactly what Endless Ocean is. It's controversial. In fact, it is capable of re-defining what we think of when we say the phrase "video game". This is because Endless Ocean does not try to challenge you in any way, shape, or form. And while that may sound terrible, simple, or dumbed down for the little kids, this game is clearly capable of providing entertainment for adults as well. Endless Ocean has a few things going for it that make it a memorable experience. For starters, the game is presented very well. This includes excellent graphics and a decent interface. As you journey further through this endless ocean, you will find hundreds of fish, which you will catalogue in your encyclopedia. The game doesn't make you do this; in fact you can do virtually anything you want in this game, up to and including sitting on the bow of your boat watching the sunset and listening to music for however long you want. But it does provide you with that sense of wonder to keep you going. It makes you interested enough to want to learn about the fish, or travel into the cavern. It's all refreshingly carefree and laid-back. Now, on a more practical standpoint, this game does lack a few things that would have helped its overall appeal. I definitely think that it could have used a larger map, and more overall areas in the game, although they definitely packed a lot into the space that they used, including a deep-sea abyss, a cave, and some sunken ruins. There is an online mode in which you can dive with someone else, but you can't type messages to your friend. You can only send a few simple, pre-written commands that are really pretty useless, so you're going to want to call them and be on the phone while playing if you want to enjoy it. But Endless Ocean is a bright new idea, the likes of which has rarely been seen before. I will ignore anything to do with the sequel, as I am primarily interested in reviewing this game in the context of when it was made, and with that said, this game is well made and solid all around, but perhaps most importantly, it is a breath of completely fresh air not only onto the Wii, but onto video games all over the world.