All member reviews for Fable III

Parent Written byduddy199 May 25, 2011

Fine for 12 and up

This game is not as bad as Common Sense Media makes it out to be. The violence is not very bad at all, just a tiny bit of blood. Cursing does come up a bit, but not too excessive. The main problem is the sexual themes. If you charm people enough, you will be able to have sex with them no matter the gender, but nothing is shown, only sound effects. Overall, not as bad a a lot of other games, but not for little kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPissed Off December 27, 2010

This looks like a great game just by looking at videos. I played fable 1 and fable 2 but now that i want to buy fable 3 my mom won't allow me because of the problem of having sex with multiple sex partners or having sex with the opposite gender. It doesn't even show anything all it does is go to a black screen and make a couple of moans which can be skipped. She knew it was in the other games but this is BS. Screw common sense media.
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written bygcsears December 4, 2010

Hard to recommend, but a good game if comfortable with child's maturity and your ability to manage moral content..

I think this is an excellent game, and with a mature enough child a good parent child game for navigating moral choices. The strength of the game is it provides reinforcing messages for making the "right" choice, but it is also its downfall. I would not let my child play this in my absence. Depending on where you fall in the moral spectrum for exposing children to content around right/wrong decision making I would caution the game starts early into "no right answer" dillemas where the character has to choose between two evils. I have not seen any graphic outcomes from this, but the concept could be enough to turn many adults (and parents) off. An early example is when the character has to choose between ordering execution of a friend or a group of strangers falsely accused of treason by the games nemesis (a tyrant). Character is not offered option of refusing, so a choice is forced. This plot device forms underpinnning to the story, but is the biggest example of age inappropriate content in the game for me. Again, nothing graphic (you don't see events unfold after decision), but I thnk concept is the problem in this case, and bright kids get concepts even if they don't get meaning.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byWhat3v3r7787 June 12, 2011

Disable Sex where? and some confusing Vocabulary for kids

I allowed my Mom to buy this game as a Birthday gift for my now 12 year old son based on reviews and ratings from this website. My main concern now that we're experiencing the game is I cant figure out how to disable sexual content as touted on this website and others. I have done several internet searches and browsed the game menus but no luck. I am aware that my son can choose to not partake in such adventures but some of the quests sound harmless but then ask you to "seduce" someone out of the blue as part of the quest. Had I not been there to explain what that word meant he wouldn't have known what he was about to embark upon. Anyways, just a word of caution for parents who think they'll be able to throw a switch to off and walk away.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCyonnara November 10, 2010

Very thought provoking and educational, and has a great rich story. Not only that, you also get involved with the character a lot more than you did with the first two. The graphics are just beautiful and the story is well told with great dialog. The fight scenes are very cool and stylish as well. Possibly on of the best games of 2010
Adult Written bybranson12 May 1, 2011

I dont know why this game is rated Not for Kids The violence is definitely not as extreme as many first-person shooters that teenagers play (Halo, Call of Duty) and sexual content is optional. Any curse words are no different from what a teenager will hear in any high school. The only thing that parents need to decide is if your child is mature enough for the option of the sexual content. The screen is blocked out when the character engages is sexual intercourse, and again, nothing is said that any teenager wouldnt already know. The game teaches that actions have consequences, and I am happy for my 13 year old to play it.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byunlikexthexrest March 16, 2011

Teens are fine, younger kids may get the wrong idea.

As an adult, it's my favorite game. But for a child I wouldn't recommend it unless they have a clear sense of what's acceptable in real-life. It's entertaining, and your character also has moral choices. They also learn that if they are evil, people will act accordingly (i.e. Booing at you, makes it more expensive to buy things) and being a good moral person will make people like you and give you store discounts.
Educator Written byJason Peevyhouse November 1, 2010

Lots of adult content - not age appropriate

While I am a fan of morality tales and clear cut good v. evil, Fable III has content that is just not appropriate for this age group. The Fable video games have tried to put the player's actions at the forefront of the game. Everyday choices, like how you interact with others, affect your moral standing. You basically have a good v. evil bar that measures your decisions and adjusts accordingly. This can be quite fun. There are very silly ways of being evil (like kicking chickens), or more serious ways (like murdering others and stealing). Many decisions in Fable III are catch 22s - that is, someone is going to die no matter what decision you make. Fable III also has lots of implied sexual content. In fact, the game keeps track of how many sexual partners you have had, and even STDs that you have caught. Now, you are not forced into any of these situations, but the option is there if you would like to pursue those avenues. You can marry, have kids, and start a life together. The family aspect may appeal to some, especially if you are a sims fan. But, I do not appreciate that the designers included achievements based on having multiple sexual partners, STDs, and other forms of fornication. The violence in Fable III includes many blood splatters and the occasional beheading in combat. Also, if you use the shock spell and the fire spell(yes, there is magic. It is a fairy tale type setting.) enemies become skeletons lying on the ground. Some cussing can be overheard and suggestive comments from some characters is noticeable. If your child plays online, he/she has the option of interacting with other players online. As you can see, there are many options for your child to meet other people, get married (or not), and engage in various behaviors. This is why I think online safety is an issue in this game. The story is well crafted, and it is a lot of fun to eventually become King and rule Albion. However, because of the serious content I think Fable III is best left in older hands who can handle the adult content presented in the game.
Parent Written byCuddly1984 November 26, 2011

Honest Review

As far as Fable III is involed you start out choosing whether your character is male or female. You play a character who tries to overthrow his/her evil brother from the thrown. Throughout the game you have the opportunity to make moral choices,which can be overwhelming depending on the player (Such as choosing whether to pardon your brother or behead him). There is a vast amount of violence, where you see characters killed and can kill character yourself which would lower your morality rating. Cussing and drinking is prevelent within this game, your character can get drunk and inevitably vomit in the game. Sexual content is an issue, since your character is capable of sleeping with numerous partners as well as being able to cheat on any current spouses your character may have in the game. Other than that the character does portray somewhat of a positive role model, when they inevitably remove the evil brother and your character runs the kingdome responsibly.
Kid, 9 years old November 4, 2011

SUPER BEST GAME EVAR!

This game isn't bad at all 7+! Violance: A little bit of blood each hit. Sexual Content: Marrage and Sex (screen goes black) Coarse Language: A**, sh!t, b!tch. Drinking: In a game, so you shouldn't worry about it. Good Role Models: You can be good or bad, and being good makes you feel like a better person in real life while being bad can make you have bad choices in life, BUT MARK MY WORDS, this, is a virtual world, and people that are 7 and over should already know that games are games and they aren't real. This is a fun game that is rated: MA15+: Strong Sexual References and Violance Should be: (aussie) M: Violance and sexual references M: Blood, Language, Sexual Content, Use of Alcohol, Violence Should Be: T for Teen: Violance, Sexual Content Buy this game it is SUPER BEST GAME EVAR!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMakeVIew_2,5,9 June 24, 2011

stupid

Very Very Very boring
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2011

good for mature tweens better for teens

i love this game! its ok for ages 10 and up if your mature enogh to deal with some of the things you can do, anyway fantastic game even my mum likes it
Teen, 17 years old Written byDarianJ. February 15, 2011

Not that violent, sexual content is no issue

I am 17 so it is definitely appropriate to me. I think it teaches consequences if you choose to be good or evil. If you are good everyone will cheer if you walk close to them. I dont know what happens if you are evil because in Fable lost chapters, Fable 2, and Fable 3 I was good. The violence isnt any worse than what kids may see on TV, I think I only heard one curse word, and you only have sex if you choose to. And I want to point out that it takes a few minutes to get someone to have sex with you so your kids wont do it on accident. The game is easy to play and i let my 13 year old sister play it. Overall it is a great game with a great story and message behind it. I would recommend it to anyone 13+. Maybe 11+ with a parent watching. It is one of the funnest games I have played and rivals Fable lost chapters. P.S. the drinking is just like the sex. It is only there if you choose it.
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2011

Adult Written byEvadog1 January 9, 2011

Educational but Parental Guidance Needed to Play

I am impressed by the discussion questions generated by the decisions the main character makes throughout this game. I believe they create avenues for critical thinking and moral reasonng. I think some of the sexual content in the game can be used for an avenue for discussion as well (e.g. most children around the eigth grade age are learning in health classes that unsafe sexual practices can result in STDs). My biggest concern with the game is some of the violent scenes, and the ability to be evil and kill innocent villagers. I see that as extremely innapropriate for any age. I belive this is a good game for parents to play with their older children and young adolescents. This game can present learning oppertunities, but isn't the best game for unsupervised play, especially online.
Parent Written byThe real reviewer December 14, 2013

14+

I would rate this game 14+ because it has a pretty good amount of sex. You cannot have sex whenever u want which is a good thing. You have to get married before u have sex. They don't completely show it but you know they are having sex. They also use the word w**** it the game witch is disturbing. But you can stay away from all that stuff! The violence is not bad at all, it's cruel at some points. There is a fair amount of blood though. I hopes this review helped.
Kid, 10 years old July 27, 2013

great

ok I loved this game beat it a very long story lots of killing and you have a dog companion its all about making choices when you become the king WARNING SPOILER when the ending comes your companion your friend the whole game jasper dies of the darkness well you half to kill him or it will take over a great storyline 3rd person
Teen, 16 years old Written bygam3rFTW January 22, 2012

fable III review

I think this game is ok, there is basically no violence, sex and alcohol are completely choose able, kids 13-14 and up. I wouldn't say there is any blood or swearing.
Parent Written byillgiveuadvice January 2, 2012

give it a chance

i am a parent of a 12 year old and a 7 year old and i got this game for my 12 year old. He LOVES the game sooo much! i wached the game at points and the worst thing i saw in the game was the first scene where there is this chicken that got out of his cage and romes around but keeps geting kicked around and hert (it is verry verry funny!). then after that first part of the story you have to go find this girl, and she asked you a few things then she said "but are you good enof" and the chacrecter you are playing as gets to chose to kiss her. also their is some serious decistion makeing in the game like who is going to die your girlfreind or 3 towns people. so i think this game is fine for 9 and up
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2011

entertaining

i love this game it really has a new way of gaming, i mean sending you into ethical dicition making and all.