All member reviews for Fallout 3

An outstanding role-playing game -- for adults.

Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2012
LEARNING

So many good memories...

Me and my dad played this on different save files. We would discuss the plot and characters, and there was a lot of thinking involved in the game. A tiny fraction of math. But a very rich story, that shouldn't be missed. Also, I beat this when I was 11. I started at 9. I played it around 2 hours a day. I have over 2 thousand hours into it. My dad has about 500. 2000 is a small number for 2 years, to me. Also, I know that if i punch somebody in the face, their head won't explode.
Adult Written byFacebones July 30, 2010

Perfect for older audiences. will captivate you.

The game is set in the future that was expected in the 50s nuclear powered cars, old dress styles, and old family values. but when war struck in 2077 only few made it to the Vaults. bomb shelters only to be used by those who were accepted in. You were living in one in 2277 when one day your father goes missing and you must leave the vault or be killed. The game world is filled with Raiders, mutants, and violent psychopaths. The game represents positive messages like being evil and killing a drifter can be fun but it will cost you karma and though you can achieve awards for that, regulators or "police of the wastes" will stalk and attempt to kill you. In the end the players action will be shown. The storyline has you save the wasteland by sacrificing your life to activate the water purify and save the wasteland from the Enclave who wants to kill every impure humans. Many people should not play fallout 3 but it is truly a great game and voted 12th best game of all time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLucasGodzilla October 5, 2015

It's Amazing but Dark...

Considering that Fallout 4 is coming out soon, I decided to come back to the third one. Fallout 3 is a role-playing FPS game where you come out of Vault 101 in the search of finding your father. So far from what I've played, it's an amazing game. It's very immersive and is just plain fun. However, this game is dark. Many vaults and "dungeons" you find in this game have eerie backstories that led to the downfall of its residence. Not to mention the game is full cursing such as F-bombs and gore (such as head getting decapitated or just simply blown up). I'd say if you can handle the fact that this is a game, you should be good. But again, be warned: this game is not for the faint of heart.
Parent Written bydantef1 August 29, 2015

Fallout 3

Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2012

not for the squimish

high amount of blood and gore shoot a person in the head with a powerful weapon there is a chance the head will be blown off same as arms/legs strong gore
Kid, 12 years old December 22, 2011

Awesome! But gory.

This game is amazing and it is definitely an essential for any true gamer. It is very gory and you can blow heads off and limbs while blood is sputing everywhere. There is not any drugs, but there is beer and whiskey. The gore is very gross sometimes. It is a great game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 November 3, 2009

Amazing RPG/Shooter for 14 and up!

This is my favorite video game, period. It's simply amazing in every way. Warning: parents, this game is Extremely Gorey. You can blow anybodies head off with a shotgun in slow motion and it shows chunks of the head, or the head exploding (even though you don't want to do that with ANYBODY, as killing just anybody unprovoked will lower your karma and others will attack you), as well as other limbs as well. There's also some language, sexual references, and you can use drugs. Oh, and one more thing. You can either be an angel in this game, or absolutely downright EVIL! The game sometimes gives you outrageous text options. The only people you can't kill, are children, but that's it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTCC14 June 29, 2009

the true review of fallout 3

I've played Fallout 3 and I'm fourteen. Yes, fallout 3 is violent and the story is dark,Yes, there is language but is used very rarely. Now the story, Our ol' nation turned into a nuclear wasteland, the player lives inside a peaceful vault with his father and the other residents. But your father escapes from the vault and goes out in the "wastes" as the player escapes from the vault to look for his father and explore this world. To tell you this game is violent and by violent I mean EXTREME violence but if you know your child can handle it then there is no problem. My dad and me both played the game with our accounts on the 360. My dad knew that I can handle this and trust me I've seen a lot worse then this.
Adult Written byManic Bulldog February 15, 2009

Decisions... Decisions!

PARENTS: Do not allow your "children" to engage in this game. It's definatly not for them. Teens (15+) can handle the sexual themes along with the violence... and the language is no worse than a high schools "colorful" vocabulary. Definatly a must have for any (adult) gamer.
Adult Written byDKR725 February 2, 2011

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaallout 3

Bethesda is back with another open world RPG. This one is unique in that it's setting is the post-apocalyptic world. It is great fun, even though not as good as oblivion. There is much blood (enough that there is a targeting system pretty much based on making bloodier kills) and sexual innuendoes. I think it's good for mid and older teens.
Adult Written byRabbitKit232 April 24, 2015

If your child is ok will violence this game is perfectly safe

THE SO CALLED "DRUGS" ARE HEALING MEDKITS!! And then the violence. It really isn't that bad. For 12 year old kids and over I'm pretty sure they have seen a violent movie. For a good game it doesn't even cost that much. $15 on Xbox 360. And the swearing? Your kid has probably already heard the swear words. As long as they understand not to use them I think everything will be fine. Kids 12+ should most likely be allowed to play.
Adult Written byStephen Murphy April 18, 2015

Very good Game. 10 and up.

(By 10 and under I mean 10 and above.)Fallout 3 is an immersive, open world RPG, and is one of the best games I have ever played. In this game you drink beer, scotch, vodka, and wine. You cannot however, see your player character do these things, same thing applies with drugs, but the drugs are all made-up. You can kill most everyone you see if you wish but there are penalties. The "karma" sys in Fallout 3 for example, when you do something bad such as steal or kill someone good. you lose karma. This has different effects. Drinking alcohol and doing drug has positive and negative immediate effects i.e. +1 agility, - 1 intellect. these only last for a short amount of time they can have VERY negative long-term effects like getting addicted to it making the game much harder to play due to withdraws and getting drugs can be expensive and/or dangerous. when I played this game I stayed clear of drugs for this reason. there is "sex" but you cant see it happen or hear it. The most "sexual" the game can get is if you play as a female and take of your clothes but even then you still have a shirt and shorts that you can't take off. There is blood gore. my last point concerns swear word witch is does have some of, but not much.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymusicluvr7 July 8, 2013

Great game with LOTS of language

The game Fallout 3 is an excellent game with wonderful game play, but it does take a while to get the hang of things. As far as the violence goes, it is not as appalling as the other reviews are saying it is, but that might just be because I am not very sensitive to violence. The main problem with this game is the LANGUAGE. Most people in the game curse frequently, dealing out anything from (first letters only) f, s, h, d, gd, etc. On the other hand, the game does give you a chance to either be a good or a bad person, so it adds an element of good decision making. If you have a child that is into the violent-type RPG, then it should be fine, but use your best judgement. Overall, it was a great game with a solid and interesting storyline that was a blast to play. Note-----VERY MUCH LIKE OBLIVION AND SKYRIM
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilent_Dogwood November 16, 2011

Fallout 3 - An RPG suitable for kids?

A solid Western RPG, the next installment in the Fallout series revolutionizes the genre. It's not really for kids, but there are a few positive messages that can be taken away from it. Messages - Players get rewarded positive karma for 'good' actions, such as saving a victim or helping a town. They get given bad karma for performing negative deeds such as killing someone or destroying a town. Although this could potentially tutor some kids on the finer points of right and wrong and show them moral dilemmas, some may remember the slight problem remains that Fallout 3 is, in fact, just a video game, and purposely aim for negative karma 'for the fun of it'. Violence - bloody and violent, Fallout 3 is not for the weak hearted. Language - the player doesn't actually talk but NPC's will engage in conversation, some with some rather crude dialogue options. Overall not for kids, but certainly for those 14 and above who are mature enough to handle it. Visuals - 7/10 Gameplay - 9/10\ Sound - 10/10 Multiplayer - None Overall 9/10
Teen, 13 years old Written byMudaquil4ever October 18, 2011

Not so bad under certain conditions.

Fallout 3 is a very bloody game, I can tell you that. But only if you use the VATS, which makes it more gory. But I can tell you, there are some positive messages in the game. It sort of teaches you that if we keep abusing the world, this may happen. It's a very addicting game, and fun. You can choose to be good or bad, which like in real life, being terrible to people may give you small rewards quick, but incredibly bad things will happen to you. On the other hand, if your good, you may not get what you want, but it's like a long term investment You'll eventually get rewards, and you may even bond with the characters. I think it's a fine game. Your opinion though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byxJustifiedd July 10, 2011

Fallout 3 is a MUST PLAY!

This game is incredible! Amazing graphics, amazing storyline, this game is just beyond perfect! You have a bunch of secrets to unlock in this game it is honestly one of the best games I have ever played in my entire life. The whole Fallout series intrests me so much. To the families out there, you MUST play this game (if you like RPG's) You have the choice of being Evil or Good each Karma Choice has its own story to it. It has a various amount of choices in dialouge. Amazing game don't miss out on this one.
Parent of a 5, 12, and 12 year old Written byLady Kataana March 23, 2011

can be played in front of kids, but only if discretion is used.

I LOVE this game. I can play in front of my kids, but I only aim for the torso and avoid the scary places (dunwich building, etc) while the kids are awake. Avoid the bloody mess perk (obviously) if you don't want to give the kids nightmares.
Adult Written byanewman109 March 3, 2011

An amazing RPG for adults/mature teens

**SPOILER ALERT*** From Bethesda Studios comes yet another extremely amazing RPG. Fallout 3 begins with the player's birth. We don't see anything inappropriate here. As the game continues, the player grows from child to adult in Vault 101--an underground safe-haven, hidden from the nuclear wastes outside. This portion (like every portion) of the game was done wonderfully. Not only did I become overly attached to my character's Dad (who put aside, we later learn, his entire life's work to make a life for his child, free from the dangers of the Wastes, and is voiced by Liam Neeson), but I became so immersed in the Fallout world there was no way I could quit playing right away. Years pass. Your dad has left the vault. He didn't tell you about it. After escaping an angry Overseer with help from a friend, you see the Wastes for the first time. There is nothing green on the surface. House frame still stand, covered in rubble. Crumbling overpasses collapse. Animals--emaciated and vicious--prowl the grim landscape. You set out on a mission to find your Dad. Your quest takes you to the nearby town, where you quickly gain other quests from other quirky, memorable NPCs. My summary? Graphics: Amazing. Action: Engrossing, but very gory (which doesn't bother me, personally.) Language: Sometimes intense, (I turn down the voices, and skip over certain parts of subtitled dialog.) Characters: Extremely well done, memorable, and worth loving. Storyline: Awesome, with several add ons packs to purchase in the Game of the Year edition. Re-Playability: Definitely re-playable. Don't miss out on this game.
Parent of a 10, 12, 13, and 16 year old Written byPluap1 July 26, 2010
Violence/Gore: This is not a game for young childeren. During the course of the game, You WILL encounter many violent sequences, and countless bodies being reduced to piles of flesh and blood. V.A.T.S. is a great gamplay tool, yet a spawning ground for gore. Sex: nothing. I had to search for any sexual content, and when I found it, it was merely a misguided girl talking about it. Language: There is strong language,and it's used frequently. But, then again, if your kids have set foot in a public school, this is nothing new. If your child really wants this game, they must be very mature. Or you could check out it's less-mature-content counterpart, Oblivion.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byprotectiveparent93 July 6, 2010

Dark, gloomy RPG

As you may of noticed, I selected both good messages and bad messages. In this game, you chose. You can save the Capital Wasteland or you can virtually destroy it. You can blow up Megaton (a city you go to towards the beginning of the game) or you can make it a better place. You can die a hero, or you can die and bring everyone with you. It is a gory game, but it looks somewhat unrealistic and almost makes you laugh. This is more of a hardcore game than most. Kids under 14 wouldn't even understand it let alone beat it very easily. It stimulates the mind. It is a complicated RPG. You will enjoy it if you really get into it and try to do everything. Maturity is a relative term. I think most 14 year olds are mature enough for this game. However, it is a dark gloomy game. You can do some things that are pretty bad. You can kill whoever you want. You can take whatever you want. But you can help whoever you want also. It's a hard decision, but do not make a bad one. An under mature kid could be shocked by the darkness of it. However it is an amazing game. Your choice though. Is your kid mature enough?