All member reviews for Fallout 3

An outstanding role-playing game -- for adults.

Teen, 17 years old Written byperfectlysane April 8, 2010

Waste of time and money.

I don't recommend this game to anyone. It has the Fallout name on it, but it is not a Fallout. The game is boring, repetitive, the game world is empty, storyline is a waste of time, and only good reason to play it is to test mods. Perhaps the only good thing of it is that it's way too unrealistic for kids to "go insane" because of it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTCC14 June 29, 2009

the true review of fallout 3

I've played Fallout 3 and I'm fourteen. Yes, fallout 3 is violent and the story is dark,Yes, there is language but is used very rarely. Now the story, Our ol' nation turned into a nuclear wasteland, the player lives inside a peaceful vault with his father and the other residents. But your father escapes from the vault and goes out in the "wastes" as the player escapes from the vault to look for his father and explore this world. To tell you this game is violent and by violent I mean EXTREME violence but if you know your child can handle it then there is no problem. My dad and me both played the game with our accounts on the 360. My dad knew that I can handle this and trust me I've seen a lot worse then this.
Adult Written byJasonMovie November 8, 2015

Incredible Game with Free Will is very violent.

Fallout may be one of greatest games ever created, however, it is extremely violent. The game allows players to kill when they want and where they want, and also allows them to aim at certain parts of the body with a percentage of hitting it. Parts fly off with spewing blood and gore. However, the character is a good role model if you follow the story.
Parent Written byPlague December 3, 2009

Fallout 3

Very fun game. I like that it was made by Bethesda and has an Elder Scrolls lV: Oblivion type controls, and free roaming virtual world.
Adult Written byFALLOUT3ROCKS March 3, 2009

Fall out 3

This game is the best game Ive played in a while. Although it has a few curse words thats really not that bad my nine year old brother plays it and he hasn't become a crazed psychopath from it. You must be insane if you actually think that if you play this game your son/daughter is going to become crazy. And as for the guy who wrote that he could keep going on he's lying I've beaten the entire game and have been everywhere. yeah there is a place that was possibly a whore house, but there isn't any actual kissing/sex. If your kids have watched spongebob they've seen more sexual content then this they would in this game. Finally, there is some blood but its a video game, and all the greatest games have some. If you have to check it out first but it really isn't that bad.
Adult Written byStephen Murphy April 18, 2015

Very good Game. 10 and up.

(By 10 and under I mean 10 and above.)Fallout 3 is an immersive, open world RPG, and is one of the best games I have ever played. In this game you drink beer, scotch, vodka, and wine. You cannot however, see your player character do these things, same thing applies with drugs, but the drugs are all made-up. You can kill most everyone you see if you wish but there are penalties. The "karma" sys in Fallout 3 for example, when you do something bad such as steal or kill someone good. you lose karma. This has different effects. Drinking alcohol and doing drug has positive and negative immediate effects i.e. +1 agility, - 1 intellect. these only last for a short amount of time they can have VERY negative long-term effects like getting addicted to it making the game much harder to play due to withdraws and getting drugs can be expensive and/or dangerous. when I played this game I stayed clear of drugs for this reason. there is "sex" but you cant see it happen or hear it. The most "sexual" the game can get is if you play as a female and take of your clothes but even then you still have a shirt and shorts that you can't take off. There is blood gore. my last point concerns swear word witch is does have some of, but not much.
Parent Written byTrueReveiw January 23, 2015

Amazing!

This game is amazing if you have a kid that constantly askes for games this will shut him up it has so many hours of gameplay it's just amazing. Now to rating part my kid begged me to play this he just turned eleven a little bit ago but I wasn't sure about it so I got home and played it, I realized it wasn't so bad there is violence but If your kids play any of the Bethesda games like skyrim oblivion or dishonored it should be fine. There is a lot of swearing but I trust my kid not to say them so that's not an issue. I don't think sex is a problem at all in this game there are references and some people wearing revealing clothing (no nudity just under garments) but once again not as bad as Skyrim oblivion and dishonored. I believe if you have a mature eleven year old or one that plays any of those game he or she should be able to play fallout 3,
Adult Written byShaydoge January 21, 2015

Wonderful

This game is wonderful but I didn't wright this to talk about how amazing it is I came to tell you if its right for your child I have an eleven year old kid named jany and he has been wanting this game so bad but I was concerned so I got it and played it it can be violent but if your child plays stuff like Skyrim dishonored or oblivion all made by the same company or even black ops 2 witch can get very bloody on campaign they should be able to play this game, the cussing I wasn't concerned about as long as he didn't say the words plus nothing he wouldn't hear at school. Sex isn't an issue at all in my opinion there is small amount of references (once again not as much as Skyrim or dishonored). So once again I feel like esrb had made a M game like halo that should have been teen.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymusicluvr7 July 8, 2013

Great game with LOTS of language

The game Fallout 3 is an excellent game with wonderful game play, but it does take a while to get the hang of things. As far as the violence goes, it is not as appalling as the other reviews are saying it is, but that might just be because I am not very sensitive to violence. The main problem with this game is the LANGUAGE. Most people in the game curse frequently, dealing out anything from (first letters only) f, s, h, d, gd, etc. On the other hand, the game does give you a chance to either be a good or a bad person, so it adds an element of good decision making. If you have a child that is into the violent-type RPG, then it should be fine, but use your best judgement. Overall, it was a great game with a solid and interesting storyline that was a blast to play. Note-----VERY MUCH LIKE OBLIVION AND SKYRIM
Teen, 13 years old Written byMudaquil4ever October 18, 2011

Not so bad under certain conditions.

Fallout 3 is a very bloody game, I can tell you that. But only if you use the VATS, which makes it more gory. But I can tell you, there are some positive messages in the game. It sort of teaches you that if we keep abusing the world, this may happen. It's a very addicting game, and fun. You can choose to be good or bad, which like in real life, being terrible to people may give you small rewards quick, but incredibly bad things will happen to you. On the other hand, if your good, you may not get what you want, but it's like a long term investment You'll eventually get rewards, and you may even bond with the characters. I think it's a fine game. Your opinion though.
Parent of a 10, 12, 13, and 16 year old Written byPluap1 July 26, 2010
Violence/Gore: This is not a game for young childeren. During the course of the game, You WILL encounter many violent sequences, and countless bodies being reduced to piles of flesh and blood. V.A.T.S. is a great gamplay tool, yet a spawning ground for gore. Sex: nothing. I had to search for any sexual content, and when I found it, it was merely a misguided girl talking about it. Language: There is strong language,and it's used frequently. But, then again, if your kids have set foot in a public school, this is nothing new. If your child really wants this game, they must be very mature. Or you could check out it's less-mature-content counterpart, Oblivion.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCookingwaffles June 30, 2010

good for older teens

well this game is pretty good, personally i dont like that u can die so easly but anyway its really violent and body parts fly off like if you get a head shot on a mutant there will be a slow mo kill cam and the head will fly off and blood every where.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byHorseFurry June 20, 2010

Not Violent Enough

Let me begin by saying this - Fallout 3 is COMPLETELY different than its predecessors, Fallouts 1 and 2. In the first two fallouts, the world is alot grittier, alot more depressing, alot more violent, sexual and disturbing than its Bethesda-made rebirth. That's why I believe this game is terrible - except for its massive amounts of violence, it cannot live up to the awesome details of its forefathers. Now, onto the game itself. Sex, drugs, violence... What's there not to like? But besides all of these malefactors (all of which I hear about, see or use at school on a daily basis [I'm not a druggie, though]), there are some valuable Karma-based lessons to reap from this post-apocalyptic pie. It's really quite simple - you do bad things, bad things happen. Do good things, good things happen. So really, because of these valuable lessons and the use of factors common in teenage society, I believe anybody over the age of 15+ can enjoy it. Just please. For the love of God, these players need to play the first two Fallouts. Sure, you may need to have a higher tolerance, but the classics are far more immersive and remain true to Interplay's original canon.
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 8, 2010

The goriest game I have ever played.

This is one of the best games I have ever played. But its also the goriest. The violence is very disturbing..Slow motion decapitating is very bad. It shows the bone and the brains. Which I do not like. The violence is reckless and basically all the good kills are slow motion. There are a lot of limbs lost. Its more violent than most say here. Its stupidly violent. The game has prostitutes, Its part of the game. The language isn't too bad but this game is just a gore fest Goriest game ever played.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCimerax May 31, 2010
Pretty impossible to hate this game, it's just so fun. Also incredibly satisfying to see a raider's head explode into little chunks of bone, brain, blood, and two eyes in slow motion. >:3 One thing I can't stand is this drug in the game called "Psycho." It's useful, but it seems I get addicted to it every single time I use it. Also, the game has drug use and references, just in case you couldn't figure that out from the last sentence.
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2010

mature kids

an amazing rpg but violent and language you can skip through the diolog other words it good for ages 11 and up
Teen, 14 years old Written byGamemaster3513 May 23, 2010

This Amazing Game is Great for Mature Kids 12+

Fallout 3 is an amazing game that allows players to explore vast amounts of open ended land. The game has some blood and gore in it, such as a player hit with a rocket may lose a leg or arm, however, matured children should be able to discern the diffrence from real life and make-belive. Language is strong but not frequent, words like d--m and h--l can be heard more frequently but words like f--k and s--t are rarely used. There IS alchoal and drugs in this game and players can become addicted, however a majority of the drugs are taken to increse certian skills in the game, much like a potion from games like Oblivion or Lord of the Rings. If addicted to alcohal the player must under go withdrawls when they cannot find anymore of the selcted substance, this serves as an educational point for parents, you can show your kids how drugs and alchoal hurt you as your skills are decreased. Bottom line this is an amazing open ended game were players choose their alligence Good or Bad. It is a great game for mature kids, P.S if you do buy it buy the game of the year edition otherwise once you beat it you wont be able to keep playing...
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2010

An amazing game

An amazing game, action and rpg fans will not want to miss this. Expect tons of brutal, gory violence, strong language, and plenty of sexual dialogue (and a prostitute that you can hire). It's a mixed bag when it comes to role models, but there is more bad than good. There are liers, selfish people, murderers, thieves and more.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed May 13, 2010

Congratulations to Fallout 3 for Being Only the Second Game Ever to Earn the Cross_Breed 17+

Let me start off by saying that Fallout 3 is a magnificent game, one of the best I've ever played, in fact, and I've played a lot of them. Everything about Fallout 3 is extremely well done, from the way it looks, to the way it plays, to the way you interact with the world around you. However, Fallout 3 is to be enjoyed (and, trust me, you WILL enjoy it) by adults only. I hate to assign games age ratings, because maturity is such a subjective thing, and I implore you to continue reading because a mature 14 or 15 could handle this, but the majority of 14's and 15's do not have the maturity required to play this game, so I have no choice to give this a 17+ rating. The violence is pretty gratuitous. Normal combat isn't too bad, bloodier than Halo, but not über bloody or anything, however, the gore hits the fan when you enter VATS (Vault Assisted Targeting System). When you use VATS, the camera shifts into slow motion to zoom in on the action, and the contact zone. You see heads fly off, legs break and snap off, bodies bludgeoned with bats and brass knuckles, and even rockets turning bodies into chunks of meat, again, all in slow motion. There are also numerous bodies in various states of mutilation strewn about the Wasteland. There is some sexual content, you can have sex with hookers, but it doesn't show anything, and the only reasons to do it are a place to stay for the night, and guilty pleasure if you're into that. The language can get a little dicey with words like f--k, s--t, and g-----n, but it's not too much to worry about. You can use a variety of fake drugs that enhance your performance, but you can get addicted if you use too often. Then you have to have your fix or else your stats will suffer. However, all it takes is a quick operation at a clinic, and your addiction will be gone. The Wasteland is full of eclectic types of people, both good and bad role models, however, it is important to note that the bad far outnumber the good. All in all, Fallout 3 is fantastic, just don't buy it for your kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byclawstrikah April 1, 2010
My son is one of the most mature kids I know but that may be cause in many situations, the kids are mature enough to handle the games and movies and may already have been playing that game at a friends house or such. Many kids realize the difference between games and life and that is good and if you believe your kid is one of those kids, then this is completely ok. Most kids are very mature by the age of 13,12,11 or even 10! Just talk to your kids about it, they may well already have been playing many games like this.