An outstanding role-playing game -- for adults.

Teen, 13 years old Written byProGamer764 February 8, 2014

It is okay if you know what is right from wrong.

Fallout 3 is an extremely fun game but there are a few problems in it. Depending on how much you trust your child. There is immense blood and gore in this game in which you can pause combat and choose the exact body part you want to attack. (head, torso, right arm, left arm, right leg, left leg) When you do this it shows the creature/person that you are attacking have their heads being blown off in slow motion. I've played this game, and I didn't find any sexual content, however they mention it but not much more. There are drugs in the game, called chems and they give a negative effect on the character and they don't show the character taking it. It is very fun but the worst part is the extreme amount of violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHaxis277 September 21, 2013

Fallout

The Game is Great it's a Alternate History were The world stays in a 50-60's style and Culture and the world is chaotic there is a shot supply of petroleum because many items stay the way they were in the Post-War world. The Cold War scare is vary much around even after nuclear holocaust. The World Befor the War was Much like the 50's But it's in a very advance year 2077-2277 in this world China becomes a massive power and the USSR never falls and in the Middle East since they are renowned for there oil and oil is depleting the EU and NATO invade because of Oil and Also because of the rightoues Plaestinan Fatwah Against the Isreali Kuffir with a Nuclear Device so NATO and the EU invades with UN support and than occupy and steal the oil so than China is becoming stronger while the west is a massing around in The Lands of the Prophet and Ali So than Because of Diffrances Econmicaly China and the US being a Cold War and the US invades Canada because of the Pipline in order to keep the oil and also to have a better defense against the Chinese Invasion of Alaska than the UN gets disband and than the US creates a Super Nuke (Tsar Bomb x4) China also guests one than soon after the begging of the war a Nuclear Extchange Occurse that lasted for 2 Hours The US and NATO vs. Warsaw Pact and China. The US before and after the war was under a Nationalist Regiem with a president named Jhon Henry Eden who is Really a Computer underground but the Federal Government Hired a Contratcter to Make a Wide Bunker Community of 400,000 Vaults only made about 107. These vaults were hell on earth if you ask me the government was preforming a social experement with them Some Vaults Never closed during the Nuclear Holocaust some Never opened again some went in before the Bombs ever went off like 20 Years before. So you are raised in one of these vaults known as Vault 101 and you escape to find your father who left the bunker and you explore the ruins of Washington DC and you fight anarchists Ghouls Neo-Nationalists and other terrors and you can NUKE A CITY how cool and also you meet people make friends and enimes
Teen, 14 years old Written bymusicluvr7 July 8, 2013

Great game with LOTS of language

The game Fallout 3 is an excellent game with wonderful game play, but it does take a while to get the hang of things. As far as the violence goes, it is not as appalling as the other reviews are saying it is, but that might just be because I am not very sensitive to violence. The main problem with this game is the LANGUAGE. Most people in the game curse frequently, dealing out anything from (first letters only) f, s, h, d, gd, etc. On the other hand, the game does give you a chance to either be a good or a bad person, so it adds an element of good decision making. If you have a child that is into the violent-type RPG, then it should be fine, but use your best judgement. Overall, it was a great game with a solid and interesting storyline that was a blast to play. Note-----VERY MUCH LIKE OBLIVION AND SKYRIM
Teen, 13 years old Written byHaxis27 April 5, 2013

Great game

Show your kids what happens when people becom uncivilized and what revolution famine and war is like show them what could have happened if the Cuban missile crisis was succcful your kids say they love china now wait till they play this and show them the horrible truth about china this game also shows how the government may test on you because some of the vaults (bunkers) had defects made onporpuse such as the door never closed thus letting in the radioactive fallout in the bunker also some vaults were made to never open like the door won't open no matter what etc. also makes me feel more patriotic rebuilding America like east Germany after WW2 show them how horrible some people can be and it also teaches kids values withe the karma system and the dialoge
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2013

A fun game,but it is violent

It is a great game with a well written story.There is gore but if your child is mature and has seen violence before then it should be okay for them to play it.And if you have some knowledge of computers you can get modifications to remove some gore and some swear words on the computer version.
Teen, 15 years old Written bynorecess121 November 18, 2012

Mature Apocalyptic Epic is Beyond Fantastic

So, let's start off with this: Fallout 3 is an incredible immersive game that is among the best I've ever played. Sure, the graphics are a bit subpar and it has a tendency to be glitchy, but the depth of the world, the involving gameplay, and the constant feel of danger and menace throughout more than make up for a few flaws However, it's not for everyone. The gunplay may seem innocuous at first, but body parts can be targeted and blown off with the V.A.T.S. system. There is a perk to make these scenes even bloodier, which I'll admit to acquiring as soon as I could. There's also a fair bit of language scattered throughout the game, with uses of s--t and f--k by enemies being common. You can gain the ability to eat human corpses of you really need food. Outside of the inappropriate aspects, it's a sometimes brutally difficult game that always keeps you on your toes. Wandering the wasteland at night, simply trying to get to your next objective can in itself be a harrowing experience due to pure tension. Overall, this game would be fine for a 16 year old, and the limit would be for the most mature 14 year olds. However, if you think it's alright for your child, don't hesitate to buy, as I think I've said that it's amazing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySubmarine Bullet August 24, 2012

Fallout 3

First off be warned, there is alot of violence in this game, such as decapitating body parts like heads. There are little to no drugs used in this game except two people you meet are addicated to a drug. Language is heard by everyone throughout the game and the worst part is kids use the word f*** in one of the citites. But the good part is that you don't have to be bad, and it's not a good idea to be bad in this game.
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2012

fallout

RPG games dont get any better than this.In this game you wake up in valt 101 you exscape in search of your father.But when you get out the world is destroyed.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJFlame44 May 9, 2012

Bethseda does it again with a amazing game, but disturbingly violent.

Bethseda hits the sky again with a game with graphics over the top, and addicting hours of play, but the gore is to much for kids 16 and under. Body parts can be magled, dislodged, blood sprays EVERYWHERE, and scary creatures like mutants attack, and there are many other disturbing factors. Language is bad, the F-Bomb and many other words are said in the campaign. Drugs called chems have real effects, and you can get addicted and they can kill you with overdose. Prostitutes and topless women are in some spots in the game. Awesome game but really mature.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKurt MMB April 7, 2012

Fallout 3 Review

Fallout 3 is defintly a good game, it has the genres of survival horror, first/third person shooter, action and role playing elements, Fallout 3 is indeed violent but very stylish and fun as well, it is also very frightning (mutated bandits etc) but it is still a good game and i believe over 12 year olds should play it
Teen, 13 years old Written bya mature teen February 15, 2012

Be careful

Be careful it is gory but it is fine if your kid is mature. if you buy it and decide your kid cant play it yet try it yourself and you might end up liking it. Also there are some drugs in the game but you are never forced to interact with them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMudaquil4ever October 18, 2011

Not so bad under certain conditions.

Fallout 3 is a very bloody game, I can tell you that. But only if you use the VATS, which makes it more gory. But I can tell you, there are some positive messages in the game. It sort of teaches you that if we keep abusing the world, this may happen. It's a very addicting game, and fun. You can choose to be good or bad, which like in real life, being terrible to people may give you small rewards quick, but incredibly bad things will happen to you. On the other hand, if your good, you may not get what you want, but it's like a long term investment You'll eventually get rewards, and you may even bond with the characters. I think it's a fine game. Your opinion though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byzezima536 July 25, 2011

Awesome game, teenager at least.

This is one of the best games ever made, and you defienetly need to buy it. But to the review. The violence is quite intense. You can kill anyone anytime, and there are many crazy creatures such as mutants and ghouls that can be a bit scary to younger kids. There is tons of blood and gore. Blood shoots out like a paintball exploding, even when you punch them and heads arms and legs can be blown off. It can also be seen in slow motion. The language is pretty strong, throughout the game although not super often words like f**k b**ch a*s hell d**m sh*t and wh*re can be heard throughout the game. Sexuality is nothing to be worried about, it is only very mild suggestions throughout the game. There is no nudity, except white mannequins, no worse that a clothing store, and you can take players clothes when they are dead leaving them in their underwear which is quite modest. There are NPCs that smoke but you cannot, but you can take fictional drugs and become addicted to them getting bad side affects. Also you can have alcoholic Drinks (beer, whiskey, wine, vodka) and become addicted to those as well, all drugs and alcohol however are meant for positive effects, they only hurt you in large doses. So if you ask me and 14 year old should be allowed to play this game, in 14 and all me and my friends at school play this and we all handle it very well, so unless your kids gonna go shoot up the whole town after a game like this, you're fine.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCoolkat11 March 23, 2011
first off, this game is very innapropriate and violent! parents, i played this game and trust me, kids will learn bad stuff. fun at first then is boring
Teen, 14 years old Written byDragonRise1 March 21, 2011

I got it when it came out

I just think you need to understand morals to play it.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byBrandi44 February 14, 2011

One of the best RPG's out there, for kids 14 and over

This game definatley earns its GOTY position, as it is one of the best games. I have no problem letting my 14 year old play it. The language is graphic including f*ck, Sh*t, and so forth. The violence is quite grusome, but ESRB could do a better job with "sexual content" because there isnt anything sexual. Overerall the best game ever, but definatley a "teens" game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGiratina3100 February 7, 2011

Awesome game for Teenagers and Adults.

For me,I think the game is suitable FOR teenagers.My little brother is scared to play that game 'cuz you know.......Creepy Alien Monsters and Huge insects.I still remmember when I played Fallout 3 with my 10 year old cousin.He was terrified of Alien Monsters and huge Insects from surprise attacks but He loves the violence and he never use the bad words in the games.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMyxboxliveisroc... January 19, 2011

Good if your kids are mature enough.

Good game but your kids probably wont be mature enough if they are about 1-14 but i guess somehow it has education since it relates alot about older times.
Kid, 11 years old January 18, 2011

A really great game for very responsible tweens (tweens who do not curse, etc.)

Fallout 3 is an amazing and fun post-apocalyptic rpg. Whether it is from exploring the wasteland, or defusing mines. Fallout 3 is an addictive game that is sure to entertain you for a very long time. Sadly though, there are some negative things about this game. The thing my parents hate the most is the language, but I personally think the sight of people drinking alcohal and trying to survive in the war-torn world is pretty negative. There are also a lot of gangs in the wastes, which are known as Raiders, which may cause you to make your guy a jerk as well. But thankfully, you can still be a saint. As for violence, it is not as bad as you think it is, and I RARELY see any sexual content, and it is always mild. In the beginning of the game, you are being born, but all you see is your mom's leg, and you see your Dad. Also, sadly this game can get you to do things bad, for money, as in one part of the game, you can get a device that allows you to make others, slaves. But still though, if your child is very mature, he will have a wonderful time defusing Megaton's bomb. Oh and yeah, for violence and bad rolemodling, you can blow up the town of Megaton with a nuclear bomb, that is twice the size of the bomb the U.S.A. dropped on Hiroshima, Japan. But still, I recommend this game to responsible 12 or 13 year olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDraven844 January 18, 2011

Only as bad as you make it

The worst in this game is the chems. Really, all the rest is fairly alright with the gore here and there. With the game rewarding you for doing good things, where could you go wrong here?