All member reviews for Fallout 3

An outstanding role-playing game -- for adults.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written byDragonRise1 March 21, 2011

I got it when it came out

I just think you need to understand morals to play it.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byBrandi44 February 14, 2011

One of the best RPG's out there, for kids 14 and over

This game definatley earns its GOTY position, as it is one of the best games. I have no problem letting my 14 year old play it. The language is graphic including f*ck, Sh*t, and so forth. The violence is quite grusome, but ESRB could do a better job with "sexual content" because there isnt anything sexual. Overerall the best game ever, but definatley a "teens" game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGiratina3100 February 7, 2011

Awesome game for Teenagers and Adults.

For me,I think the game is suitable FOR teenagers.My little brother is scared to play that game 'cuz you know.......Creepy Alien Monsters and Huge insects.I still remmember when I played Fallout 3 with my 10 year old cousin.He was terrified of Alien Monsters and huge Insects from surprise attacks but He loves the violence and he never use the bad words in the games.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEntropy January 29, 2011

Terrific.

One of the best RPG's on the market, it gives you lots of moral choices, making it a very interesting game to play. There is literally hundreds of hours of gameplay. Overall, it's incredibly fun, and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good role playing experience.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMyxboxliveisroc... January 19, 2011

Good if your kids are mature enough.

Good game but your kids probably wont be mature enough if they are about 1-14 but i guess somehow it has education since it relates alot about older times.
Kid, 11 years old January 18, 2011

A really great game for very responsible tweens (tweens who do not curse, etc.)

Fallout 3 is an amazing and fun post-apocalyptic rpg. Whether it is from exploring the wasteland, or defusing mines. Fallout 3 is an addictive game that is sure to entertain you for a very long time. Sadly though, there are some negative things about this game. The thing my parents hate the most is the language, but I personally think the sight of people drinking alcohal and trying to survive in the war-torn world is pretty negative. There are also a lot of gangs in the wastes, which are known as Raiders, which may cause you to make your guy a jerk as well. But thankfully, you can still be a saint. As for violence, it is not as bad as you think it is, and I RARELY see any sexual content, and it is always mild. In the beginning of the game, you are being born, but all you see is your mom's leg, and you see your Dad. Also, sadly this game can get you to do things bad, for money, as in one part of the game, you can get a device that allows you to make others, slaves. But still though, if your child is very mature, he will have a wonderful time defusing Megaton's bomb. Oh and yeah, for violence and bad rolemodling, you can blow up the town of Megaton with a nuclear bomb, that is twice the size of the bomb the U.S.A. dropped on Hiroshima, Japan. But still, I recommend this game to responsible 12 or 13 year olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDraven844 January 18, 2011

Only as bad as you make it

The worst in this game is the chems. Really, all the rest is fairly alright with the gore here and there. With the game rewarding you for doing good things, where could you go wrong here?
Teen, 13 years old Written bybacon heavy November 9, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bylisen to me November 3, 2010

very good rpg

very griping story a must by for all rpg fans
Teen, 16 years old Written byTNAfan121 October 29, 2010

Teen, 17 years old Written byGO CUBS GO October 29, 2010

Best RPG ever, aweful for kids

My 10 year old sister snuck up on me while I was disintigrating mutant creatures on this game. She had nightmares for weeks...
Teen, 14 years old Written bygaming4people October 17, 2010

Gore ruined the game

too much gore and language! I don't know why my parents let me get this. between the gore and the language and the immoral choices you can make in the game. be very careful about buying this for your kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHellboy39 September 17, 2010

A game that will last with you forever

I have always thought of games as a media none other like books,TV or movies in which YOU are immersed into an idea or thought and YOU then take action in this media. Fallout 3 offer YOU as the player a variety of ways to deal with a problem or difficulty in any way possible and can help you learn about the idea of being in a post-apocolyptic world and the choices that perhaps YOU would have to make if you were in the same situation. For example lets say (In one part of the game) I wanted to have a friend who was a slave at the time join me around the wasteland. Everytime I wanted to talk to him he'd tell me to go to (lets say) Bob, who was his owner. Bob had a bar and after talking to him I reilized he was a major ass. Anyway he wanted 2000 dollars from me so he can give bob. 2000 is a LOT of money at the time I had 400. I told him no deal and tried to work out a compromise. Finally he says to me If I kill a waitress in a rival bar he'll hand over his slave to me. Even if I found a way to get 2000 caps I still needed ammo, armor, and money to repair my guns witch would cost me 1000 caps at least. So I decide to kill the waitres, but one problem is that she's always in plain sight in front of other people. so I had to follow her for some time until she left town to smoke a couple of cigarettes. So after killing her (silently) I reilized there were no witnesses and that I got away with murder. I go back to Bob and he gives me the contract for his slave(my friend). So then after telling my friend that I have his contract and is no longer owned by "Bob" he walks up to Bob and Bob says "saying goodbye?" At which he pulls out a shotgun out and shoots Bob in the face in which it breaks apart, (sigh) gore. After I told him what the heck he was doing, he told me that "bob" was a low excuse as a human being and that he wished he'd done that years ago. Fallout 3 is an amazing game giving players a sense of what it does feel like to be part of a post-apocolyptic world. It's not witty and fake, but everything about it seems real. The choices you make, the monsters and people you encounter, I actually think the use of swear words are meant for these sort of games, in which you're living in a world half dead and most of the water contaminated with radioation, I doubt I'll care whether I watch my mouth. All in all, Fallout 3 is as best of a game you can get.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGorrilas R Beast September 10, 2010

Fun and addicting. But gore is a problem

It is really fun and addicting. There are so many things you can do, and so many paths to take, and the whole map is huge. I really recommend this game, but it can get really gory.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydavidguitar15..... September 9, 2010

15+ should be able to get it depending on how strict their dad is.

I really like this game but it is really gory....and then theres lots of strong language second only to grand theft auto .....there is also some sex...some girls are almost not dressed and you can see a small part of their boobs...then theres eniemys in the game called raiders....ive found a cave outpost of theirs where theres strip clubs and brothels...and some raider women were in their underwear.....i probally were having sex with the raider men.....theres also lots of drugs and drinking.....you can get addicted to drugs and drinking in the game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjvilleskaterkid August 31, 2010

Great Game

This game is filled with hours and hours of exploration and adventure. Yes, there is a ton of bloody violence, but I would say Gears of War is worse if you were looking for something to compare it with (especially with the lancer chainsaw). There are little drugs that you can take and some sexual conversations but no actual sex. Overall, this game is amazing and will last a long, long time.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byleonardo87 August 27, 2010

Amazing game, but it can get extremely gory.

you can knock peoples heads off with axes and baseball bats. throw a severed head as a weapon. lots of stuff like that.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTermiteruler August 15, 2010

Best RPG Game Ever!

This game gives you the feeling that you can be whatever you want with stunning graphics to complement it. It takes place in post-nuclear Washington DC, or the "Wasteland". Though the main quest is to find your father, there are many sub-quests that can significantly alter the course of the game. You must scavenge for weapons and ammunition, just like in a real apocalypse. Content-wise, there is some decapitation, missing arms, etc. but it's not that bad compared to, say, Gears of War. Some "drugs" or "chems" can be used, but with chances of addiction. Some startling "ghouls" can be encountered, but again, they aren't that bad. Weapons vary from the humble BB gun to a nuclear catapult. If you want a great RPG game that keeps delivering, get Fallout 3.
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2010

OMG

THIS GAME IS AWESOME SO MUCH BETTER THAN FABLE WHICH I PLAYED FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES THEN WENT BACK TO FALLOUT 3 IT IS VIOLENT SO THERES BLOOD AND IF U GET THE BLOODY MESS PERK IT MAKES IT EVEN BLOODIER BUT THATS A WASTE U CAN DRINK ACHOOL AND TAKE MEDS AND THEY DO CURSE EVERY ONE THAT SAYS "OH ITS SO NOT FOR KIDS" IT MATTERS OF THE MATURITY OH THAT REMINDS ME BUY THE GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION WITH ALL ADD-ONS IT'LL SAVE U TIME
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeone123 July 20, 2010

Iffy For Teens 15+

This is one of my favorite games however it is one of the most graphic games I own, The wouldn't be as bad if it didn't have V.A.T.S. Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System, which allows you to pause the game lock on to a target and blow a limb off. There is also very often used alcohol and drug use, there is a drug called Chems which your player can get addicted to. There is also very frequent language including almost bad word. You can also visit prostitutes which you can pay for their services. Also very real monuments which are crumbling and falling apart, which look very real. Scary images and creatures that you will encounter frequently still scare me. You are looking at a very dark real game.