An outstanding role-playing game -- for adults.

Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2008

not really whores just people who rent you a bed.

It's an awesome game yes you kill people but mostly Raiders, Slavers, Mutants and Zombies but that's if your good. The game uses Karma which is do good things and good things happen do bad things and bad things happen so you have a reason to save Megaton other than the many sweet quests available from saving it and the info on your missing pop.
Kid, 12 years old August 26, 2016

Not as bad as CSM make it seem.

Sure, it's scary and you can kill innocent people, but you can choose not to kill any good person and if you do, instead of them running away, they grab a gun and shoot you. Also, to add up to this, there is a Karma system that judges if you are good or bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybumbum9930 August 24, 2016

Graphics are dated

This game can be quite violant at times but since the graphics look the way they do it isn't that bad
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarshy_88 July 22, 2016

Great Open World

Fallout 3 can be violent at times, and every so often swear words are used, but used appropriately, not exsecivly. There is a large amount of drug/alcohol content that affect the player, and there is refrence of prostitution. Even though you can blow the head of an innocent person off, you can chose not to, the game revolve around the story of a Lone Wanderer (you) who looks for his father. While looking, you are given many chances to be a good person, freeing slaves, disarming nuclear weapons, and assassinating evil NPCs.
Teen, 13 years old Written byisaiah16ftball July 12, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written bybillyisdoom1234 June 29, 2016

HONEST review

An amazing game one of my top 10 favorites, violence: honestly very gory but if the kid can handle it it's OK. While yes there are whores,sorry.but not that bad only mild coments are said by then like "I take care of the men around here" is as bad as it gets. As for language curse words are said but not every two minutes like a lot of Games.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bycMomreviews April 2, 2016

Great game if you have a mature child.

This game has a decent amount of violence but nothing compared to other games on the market. This game gives you good moral choices for your child to make. I bought this game for my sons 11th birthday because i think he is ready for some minor responsibility. If your child plays this game with a good moral compass it is a fun adventure game. I myself have played this game some and seen the violence but if your child tries to avoid it you can play through like a good person.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAnonymousgamer13 March 26, 2016

Great Game.

This game is very good. There is a lot of violence and gore but it is way over the top that it becomes pointless and very ignore able within about the first hour of using V.A.T.S ( A shooting system in the game) . The game can promote good message and have a good role model but it depends on how you play the game you can either be a evil, neutral, or good character. The controls take a little bit to get used to. Lot's of violence and gore but becomes pointless and boring. No sexual content. Quite a bit of swearing but not over the top like Grand Theft Auto. You can consume alcohol and experience the effects. You can take chems( this games drugs) and get addicted to them you also feel the effects.
Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2016

Great adventure. Graphics are amazing.

Great game. It does have swearing but, like Fallout 4, not much.
Kid, 12 years old February 14, 2016

Outstanding violent post-apocolyptic game

Fallout 3 is a game like no other. it features lots and lots of over the top violent scenarios. although it is violent it is not so gory. there is a few scenes of gore including decapitation and brain being shown (usually during V.A.T.S). there is also some foul offensive language including the infamous F**K,S**T, and more. there is also some flirting and references to prostitution. there is also many shootouts and guns fights and some gory hand to hand combat. also expect drug use. jet, stimpaks, adictol, red-x, and more are used. although it gets its M rating it should be T. I rate it T-Teen violence blood and gore Language sexual themes use of drugs and alcohol
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2016

Best Game I Ever Played

i think this is the best game i've ever played its an open world and you arent forced to do one certain thing. Im 12 and I can handle this game and i've heard you can turn off blood/gore. i play pc but i bet it is awesome on all platforms. but there are alot of cusses there are alchoholic buffs and there are sexual references but if your kid is 12+ up he/she's probably heard and seen it all anyway. its worth the money.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBrennen Hrebeniuk December 21, 2015

Amazing Game but Has to Much Swearing

I personally loved this game and think that it was brilliantly made for its time. Fallout 3 Features an amazing open world story and Role playing First person shooter that i enjoy. This game does contain a lot of violence with exploding limbs and body parts. The part that I hate about the game and one of the only things i can talk badly about is the swearing in this game. The words F**k and S**t are used almost on a regular basis by most characters.
Parent of a 6, 14, and 18+ year old Written byWorriedParent43 December 5, 2015

Appropriate! :)

This game was really fun for my second son and I to play together. I had a great time learning how the game works and how fun it was to actually play. When it was finally over I learned that my child had a different side to him and was glad for it.
Parent Written byGaBe1 December 4, 2015

FALLOUT3

This game is a fun rpg alson known as a role playing game. I personally think Fallout 3 hs alot of blood and gore, wich involves killing enemys in slow motion wixh features decapitating your enemies and having blood everywere.this game features sex references and being able to have sex but it does not show it. Fallout also features drugs called (Chems) wich you can trip of of. This game i would recomend to 14-16 year olds.
Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byJerald Thomson November 26, 2015

Its not all that bad

Yes, there is a lot of violence, but it can be toned down with the options. there is language, and sexual matter, but again, it can be turned down. there is some drug content, but unless your child is meaning to find it, they won't. its a fun, very beautifully designed game, but i do think that only mature kids who understand it is a game should play it. I play it with my 15 year old son quite frequently. he understands it is a game, but if he didn't then i wouldn't play it with him, but he does so i do. all in all, it is a fun game, and i think its ok, as long as they understand it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySamstruction November 6, 2015

A very great game!

Fallout 3 is a very good game. It is an extremely well made cRPG game with an amazing open world. The combat is very well done. The combat includes the V.A.T.S. system, which lets you freeze time and aim anywhere on your target. The side quests in this game are very well done and fun. They are definitely worth your time. The only detractors of the quality of Fallout 3 are the graphics (for some reason, Bethesda thought it would be a good idea to coat everything in a greenish color) and the glitches (as with all Bethesda games). Those, however, don't detract from your experience from the game. On the PC, you can probably find mods to fix both. However, this game is very, very, very gory. You can dismember limbs and heads from your enemies (and friends) body's, sometimes in slow-motion. There is blood aplenty, too. However, the blood and gore is extremely unrealistic, and is therefore not too bad. Women will sometimes be dressed in suggestive clothing. Many characters will make sexual reference. However, the suggestive themes in this game don't happen a lot, and you never see anything sexual. Alcohol is present in this game. Alcohol gives you special stats, while detracting from others. However, it shows the bad side of alcohol, by allowing you to get addicted if you drink too much. Also, Fallout has chems (which are basically drugs) which does about the same thing as alcohol. Language is present in Fallout, but isn't extremely crazy or anything (it does include words like f--k, but those are uncommon). However, Fallout, features a karma system, and has great role models, such as your dad in the game, James, who *slight spoiler* wants to purify all of Washington D.C.'s water. Honestly, if you haven't already gotten this (I mean, I am writing this in 2015), you owe yourself to get it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAuthermartha October 26, 2015

Love it

I think that you should be about 12 years old and be mature enough to understand the game and that it's all just a game. This will sound cheesy at first but you have to be mature, really mature as some parts of the game can be quite disturbing eg. Bodies hanging from the ceiling and edible corpses :/ stay away from Nova and your kids won't see anything nasty. But in the end of it... I adore Fallout 3 with all of my heart.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywarrenstrueopinion September 8, 2015

So hear me out

This is the best game in the world, but, I do need to tell you first that any review that says "you can turn off sex, blood, dugs" etc., there lying. I have had this game for 5 years now and to tell you the truth, the scenery is mentally depressing for any and all who can't handle it. Honestly, you can knock peoples heads off with mugs and plates, you can slip grenades into ones pocket and watch there legs fly off, help people loose there drug addiction problems, get drunk, get laid, and so, so much more. Not to mention that even at the age of 15, I have trouble with figuring out situations because there are extremely difficult puzzles and tricks thrown at you throughout the hundreds of hours you will put in. If that is still not enough then you will be responsible for a wave of nightmares you will put upon your child. Thank You.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydisunitydiresaf777 September 5, 2015

a game that change my life that is best

when i was 6 or seven years old i first discovered fallout when i observed my scared brother he buys the game tries and then got scared so i try and play it myself cause when i was 3 or 4 years old i played generals then to cod as i get bored while i first time play the game i don't know how to talk to people cause I'm so shy or even read while keep helping the people and strange quests cause I'm used to missions i never notice bad words or adult things…but i like shooting stuff and blood I'm a responsible person at that time when i grow up i wanna be a us military pilot helping residents in the game into reality is helping the poor for charity when it comes to enemies and raiders in reality i protect little siblings and cared for them…the more i play the game i become more confident and happy i don't care about the blood its just a game just like kids got hurt and all people have blood like kids who wished to become a doctor or nurse is a normal thing to help the sick or injured just in fallout but my guardians never let me and they used it then the computer broke while many years never played the full game i become dark and shutting people no friend or people to talk to its the only memory i could know my true self…now again other kids I'm my country are abusive and addicted to games but I'm not one of them I'm a informative person knowing stories and lesson in every game but when they play gta or dota they became bullies and such talking bad languages but I'm not that kind of kid even i play 18 games I'm still polite as i can…. and never be bad if you understand like every parent protecting there child but my guardians back in my home country never protect me from adult dramas or movies so i avoided every adult stuff as i can every uneducated children in my country never be a good kid and innocent like me i censor anything my way while they bully me and talk bad things to me now its in the past i moved to america and became free…. every kid in here are just like me good and polite nice and friendly but i still miss fallout I'm still worried to kid cartoons cause not just games its even in disney or cartoons even schools or news tvs!!! but the good side still lives on i will remember every lesson i learned in fallout it reached me how to be strong,confident,how to read and count (counting and subtracting bullets),ect..so please be good in your media or surroundings stand up and be responsible this game is not just so bad all you need is be safe to it don't try this at home or learned bad languages be clean in every word you say or cover your eyes to adult stuff or bad stuff such as smoking or drugs in the game its a sin to the bible if you talk bad language or acting like a raider is bad too..be a ncr! or the nice brotherhood of vault 101! fallout rule!
Teen, 15 years old Written byHalo117 July 29, 2015

Great game

This game is pretty gory, you can shoot people's and animal's limbs and heads off, but only if you get the perk, so the dismemberment can be avoided, but there will still be blood regardless. The story and world is very creative. You can roam freely, but you often are attacked by animals or raiders. Oh, and some of the female raiders have questionable armor. The story is affected by your choices. If you are mean to someone, they won't really like you. If you do bad things, you get bad karma, and have the possibility to have mercenaries sent to kill you. If you go into a certain building in the game, there is a large chandelier of mannequins in a sexual position, and there are two women that are obviously a man's sex slaves, but they are wearing normal dresses and you can't talk to them. There is no nudity. There's some drugs, but if you take too many, you get addicted and have to pay to get your addiction cured. There's also some swearing, but nothing more than what your kid will hear at school anyway.