All member reviews for Fallout 3

An outstanding role-playing game -- for adults.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 15 years old Written byEirthbndr December 26, 2009

Wonderful

This is an extremely violent game. I was surprised by the amount of language, especially since your own character can use it. The game is very engaging, and you can play it for hours without even realizing it. Your character can become evil or good, and being either has its consequences. you can drink to your hearts content, but it does have negative side effects. Overall, my favorite game, but has very negative messages.
Teen, 17 years old Written byhasmorecommonse... December 11, 2009

You guys dont know how to review even if I put a gun to your mom's head. This game has some historical facts and lessons if you truly play it. It also has good messages, and I does have good role models if you know where to look.
Teen, 17 years old Written byYoda123 December 3, 2009

An amazing RPG, one of the best i've ever played but this is for older teens, no one under 15 unless they're mature for their age. This game is very graphic but has an great story and many tempting moral choices that sometimes made me have to stop and think instead of just saying 'this is right, that's wrong, go with what's right' it wasn't always cut and dry. I like that in a game
Parent Written byPlague December 3, 2009

Fallout 3

Very fun game. I like that it was made by Bethesda and has an Elder Scrolls lV: Oblivion type controls, and free roaming virtual world.
Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written byRob and Jill November 8, 2009

Good for a mature child

This game does have some violent fighting, but my 12 and 13 year old children were not affected by the contents of the game. The only thing my wife and I had a problem with was the coarse language. However, this did not turn out to be much of an issue. One of the highlights of this RPG is that the character is not forced to be evil. In fact, the player is rewarded for doing good deeds. Overall, we believe that any mature child 12+ can play this game without a problem.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKavki St. Dane November 4, 2009

Deserves every one of it's 5+ Game Of the Year awards...and it's rating

Fallout 3 is a post-nuclear simulator - and a great one, and the reason it's great is it's realistic: as in if you seriously piss someone off, they're either going to a) cuss you out, b) cuss you out, then hurt you, c) get someone else to cuss out and/or hurt you, or d) get a whole town to do so. The whole point of the game is choices, and there's a lot of them to make, no matter what route you take - you can wipe out whole towns/races if you decide to, or you can protect children and feed the needy. The ratings set in the What to Watch Out For section is right on track - it's bloody-gory, you take drugs for benefit and can get addicted (the game suggests that addiction can be cured instantly by going to any doctor you find), you run into prostitutes occasionally, and the language can be foul; I'm fairly sure there's no filter available as in other games (Gears of War, etc.). Having said that, it is one of the best games I've ever played, and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a weak heart (it's 10x scarier than any of the Resident Evil games).
Parent of a 13 year old Written bymom gamer 23 October 15, 2009

ok for teens but not for kids and tots

this game is great for kids 13 and over but kids age 11 and 10 might find it disturbing scary or skaring
Parent of a 14 year old Written byMr. Boxbox September 23, 2009

This is by far the most graphically violent game I have ever played. Extremely detailed and gory. You can dismember people in slow motion from different camera angles. There's a mode where you can become a serial killer and slaughter everyone in a neighborhood with a kitchen knife. It is an incredibly interactive game, there are an infinite number of things to do but this ultraviolent fps rpg is fine for teens but definatly NOT for younger kids
Teen, 15 years old Written bykingmonkey September 1, 2009

This is one of the best games I have ever played. It has a open world that you can explore with out limits. I just wish it wouldn't say the F word so much.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byNYstuff August 30, 2009

I loved this game the parents need to know that in this game yes there is killing shooting and mythical drug taking
Teen, 13 years old Written byWilling-to-learn August 18, 2009

Teen, 17 years old Written bytj92terror August 8, 2009

I love to play it but i would never let my 11 year old brother play it till he is maybe 16 to 17.
Adult Written bykyouryuu5000 August 4, 2009

Despite the explicit content in this game such as the violence, narcotics, sexuality, and profanity, Fallout 3 does feature some commendable values such as rescuing captives from slavery and ransom and providing purified water to the needy. As for the educational message in this game, this game follows the basic theme of a nuclear holocaust with the New World Order (Enclave) in political power. The game also has a steadfast endorsement of the American Constitution. I have played this video game and it is very interesting due to the literature depicted in the game such as the heroism, despite some of the objectionable content such as the violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysmearyllama July 28, 2009

great game play it all the time

this game hangs in the balance, its great but NOT for young kids. i play this every day i can the violence is a bit excessive but the graphics are impressive if you want to shield the eyes of your less "educated" kids keep them away from Dukov's place and dont let them buy the love machine theme for their house ew. there are good and bad role models like if you go like lucas simms or hannibal hamlin or you can be evil likeallister tenpenny or eulogy jones its your choice swearing is used humorously like with mayor macready of little lamplight he's 10 he says f___ (in context) when you first meet him that was really funny. great game overall though definetly worth 55 bucks used (probably less now)
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymomthatcares4kids July 20, 2009

great game if your child is mature enough to handle it

amazing game. I personally wouldn't let my 6 year old play this, but for ages 14 and up it would be fine. if you think your kid is mature and behaved enough not to go find a gun somewhere and shoot random people the game is fine. at 14 kids should know the differences between games and real life. also the drugs in the game make you get addicted which probably wont teach anybody to go do drugs.
Teen, 15 years old Written byxbman25 July 11, 2009

If your child isn't fit for this game, he/she probably won't be able to play it

Parents, if your child isn't fit for this game, then he/she probably wouldn't be able to play it. It's very in-depth and requires a lot of thought. There aren't really any problems with sex or nudity. But there are some pretty gory dismemberments. And the game is somewhat depressing. But I love the game. Great job Bethesda!
Adult Written byJedesyus July 11, 2009

Get this for yourself, not your kid(s)

Perfect game, absolutley brilliant. Although I have noticed that the excessive violence in Fallout 3 is very disturbing to young first time players and consequently desensitising. Not the ideal material for a developing mind. This is especially the case when observing how players take advantage of their freedom through saving and experimentation - Is slaughting an entire town with technically zero consequence acceptable? Of course not, yet there is admittadly a sadistic rush of pleasure when doing so. Speaking of consequence, even without saving, the act of killing someone for no reason poses no permanent effects on your character; it is possible to kill practically every non-playable character and still be deemed an angelic figure through certain petty acts of redemption. It is also notable that the game encourages the act of theft and pick-pocketing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMiha_Endoh June 27, 2009

A wonderful adventure

I am a big Bethseda fan. I love this game and I love playing it. The only things I would say to parents who are buying it is that it has some sexual content, but mostly violence.
Teen, 17 years old Written bywdl19 June 16, 2009

Amazing game, Must buy!

this was an absolutely amazing game that you can do almost anything you please, i had lots of fun blowing everything up! btw, you can get this game for free at http://tinyurl.com/Freeshitfast
Adult Written byGamePlayer12 May 7, 2009

A Great Game!

Fallout 3, Is a outstanding RPG. So much to do... Over 100 hours of gameplay, And (Xbox Live And PC Users) DLC packs which add 4-5 hours of gameplay and a new place to explore. The Violence, Extreme... V.A.T.S. mode lets you go into slow motion to watch heads,arms, and legs get blown into pieces. You can also (with a strong weapon) Blow enemies to pieces. Drug Content, Fake names for drugs in the real world. Like Med-X for example. Its Morphine in the real world. You can get addicted to these drugs. You can buy drugs from Junkies and Store Owners. Sexual Content, Not to bad.. You would have to search to find small Things. But not over the top. Well Fallout 3 is a great RPG and should be owned by Mature RPG fans.