All member reviews for Fallout 3

An outstanding role-playing game -- for adults.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySubmarine Bullet August 24, 2012

Fallout 3

First off be warned, there is alot of violence in this game, such as decapitating body parts like heads. There are little to no drugs used in this game except two people you meet are addicated to a drug. Language is heard by everyone throughout the game and the worst part is kids use the word f*** in one of the citites. But the good part is that you don't have to be bad, and it's not a good idea to be bad in this game.
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2012

fallout

RPG games dont get any better than this.In this game you wake up in valt 101 you exscape in search of your father.But when you get out the world is destroyed.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJFlame44 May 9, 2012

Bethseda does it again with a amazing game, but disturbingly violent.

Bethseda hits the sky again with a game with graphics over the top, and addicting hours of play, but the gore is to much for kids 16 and under. Body parts can be magled, dislodged, blood sprays EVERYWHERE, and scary creatures like mutants attack, and there are many other disturbing factors. Language is bad, the F-Bomb and many other words are said in the campaign. Drugs called chems have real effects, and you can get addicted and they can kill you with overdose. Prostitutes and topless women are in some spots in the game. Awesome game but really mature.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKurt MMB April 7, 2012

Fallout 3 Review

Fallout 3 is defintly a good game, it has the genres of survival horror, first/third person shooter, action and role playing elements, Fallout 3 is indeed violent but very stylish and fun as well, it is also very frightning (mutated bandits etc) but it is still a good game and i believe over 12 year olds should play it
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 25, 2012

Fallout 3:In A Nutshell

Having played this game everyday for hours,I have gotten bored of it after a few months but it is still a great game although many parts are particularly gory and profane.Not the best game for kids,but if you can handle it,PLAY IT!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bya mature teen February 15, 2012

Be careful

Be careful it is gory but it is fine if your kid is mature. if you buy it and decide your kid cant play it yet try it yourself and you might end up liking it. Also there are some drugs in the game but you are never forced to interact with them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhowrselover January 24, 2012

w/ parents, it should be fine.

Kids won't realize the sex stuff, which there's very little of anyway. It's not the game for you if you are very sensitive to violence, but if you aren't, it should be fine. With proper parent supervision and guidance (meaning an adult would have to have played the game before so that they know what's coming) this is fine for a lot of kids, starting at age ten.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylimerooster October 7, 2011

How appropriate it is depends on how your child plays it

This is one of the best games I have ever played. It has violence but does not get incredibly violent unless the player uses V.A.T.S., a system that allows the player to pause time and select what enemy body part they want to shoot.V.A.T.S. is in slow motion and very gory,limbs tear, heads crack and eyeballs fly and it gets even worse once the bloody mess perk is equipped. the player can go through the entire game without using V.A.T.S. or bloody mess but real time combat is clunky and inferior to V.A.T.S. There are plenty positive role models in the game and also some very sick people. The protagonists moral path is completely up to the player. The player could spend the whole game slaughtering innocents, stealing, cannibalising other humans, even nuke a town. Or the player could spend the game freeing slaves, helping beggars, helping scientists make a water purifier, etc. The game has tons of swearing, sometimes from young children. Drugs and drinking are common also but the player can easily go through the whole game without using any. No sex but some references here and there. The game is very open-ended and with supervision and guidance, can be fairly appropriate besides the swearing which is for the most part unavoidable. I would definitely recommend the game for teens and adults but not children.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDragonRise1 March 21, 2011

I got it when it came out

I just think you need to understand morals to play it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEntropy January 29, 2011

Terrific.

One of the best RPG's on the market, it gives you lots of moral choices, making it a very interesting game to play. There is literally hundreds of hours of gameplay. Overall, it's incredibly fun, and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good role playing experience.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMyxboxliveisroc... January 19, 2011

Good if your kids are mature enough.

Good game but your kids probably wont be mature enough if they are about 1-14 but i guess somehow it has education since it relates alot about older times.
Kid, 11 years old January 18, 2011

A really great game for very responsible tweens (tweens who do not curse, etc.)

Fallout 3 is an amazing and fun post-apocalyptic rpg. Whether it is from exploring the wasteland, or defusing mines. Fallout 3 is an addictive game that is sure to entertain you for a very long time. Sadly though, there are some negative things about this game. The thing my parents hate the most is the language, but I personally think the sight of people drinking alcohal and trying to survive in the war-torn world is pretty negative. There are also a lot of gangs in the wastes, which are known as Raiders, which may cause you to make your guy a jerk as well. But thankfully, you can still be a saint. As for violence, it is not as bad as you think it is, and I RARELY see any sexual content, and it is always mild. In the beginning of the game, you are being born, but all you see is your mom's leg, and you see your Dad. Also, sadly this game can get you to do things bad, for money, as in one part of the game, you can get a device that allows you to make others, slaves. But still though, if your child is very mature, he will have a wonderful time defusing Megaton's bomb. Oh and yeah, for violence and bad rolemodling, you can blow up the town of Megaton with a nuclear bomb, that is twice the size of the bomb the U.S.A. dropped on Hiroshima, Japan. But still, I recommend this game to responsible 12 or 13 year olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDraven844 January 18, 2011

Only as bad as you make it

The worst in this game is the chems. Really, all the rest is fairly alright with the gore here and there. With the game rewarding you for doing good things, where could you go wrong here?
Teen, 13 years old Written bybacon heavy November 9, 2010
Teen, 16 years old Written byTNAfan121 October 29, 2010
Teen, 14 years old Written bygaming4people October 17, 2010

Gore ruined the game

too much gore and language! I don't know why my parents let me get this. between the gore and the language and the immoral choices you can make in the game. be very careful about buying this for your kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHellboy39 September 17, 2010

A game that will last with you forever

I have always thought of games as a media none other like books,TV or movies in which YOU are immersed into an idea or thought and YOU then take action in this media. Fallout 3 offer YOU as the player a variety of ways to deal with a problem or difficulty in any way possible and can help you learn about the idea of being in a post-apocolyptic world and the choices that perhaps YOU would have to make if you were in the same situation. For example lets say (In one part of the game) I wanted to have a friend who was a slave at the time join me around the wasteland. Everytime I wanted to talk to him he'd tell me to go to (lets say) Bob, who was his owner. Bob had a bar and after talking to him I reilized he was a major ass. Anyway he wanted 2000 dollars from me so he can give bob. 2000 is a LOT of money at the time I had 400. I told him no deal and tried to work out a compromise. Finally he says to me If I kill a waitress in a rival bar he'll hand over his slave to me. Even if I found a way to get 2000 caps I still needed ammo, armor, and money to repair my guns witch would cost me 1000 caps at least. So I decide to kill the waitres, but one problem is that she's always in plain sight in front of other people. so I had to follow her for some time until she left town to smoke a couple of cigarettes. So after killing her (silently) I reilized there were no witnesses and that I got away with murder. I go back to Bob and he gives me the contract for his slave(my friend). So then after telling my friend that I have his contract and is no longer owned by "Bob" he walks up to Bob and Bob says "saying goodbye?" At which he pulls out a shotgun out and shoots Bob in the face in which it breaks apart, (sigh) gore. After I told him what the heck he was doing, he told me that "bob" was a low excuse as a human being and that he wished he'd done that years ago. Fallout 3 is an amazing game giving players a sense of what it does feel like to be part of a post-apocolyptic world. It's not witty and fake, but everything about it seems real. The choices you make, the monsters and people you encounter, I actually think the use of swear words are meant for these sort of games, in which you're living in a world half dead and most of the water contaminated with radioation, I doubt I'll care whether I watch my mouth. All in all, Fallout 3 is as best of a game you can get.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGorrilas R Beast September 10, 2010

Fun and addicting. But gore is a problem

It is really fun and addicting. There are so many things you can do, and so many paths to take, and the whole map is huge. I really recommend this game, but it can get really gory.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydavidguitar15..... September 9, 2010

15+ should be able to get it depending on how strict their dad is.

I really like this game but it is really gory....and then theres lots of strong language second only to grand theft auto .....there is also some sex...some girls are almost not dressed and you can see a small part of their boobs...then theres eniemys in the game called raiders....ive found a cave outpost of theirs where theres strip clubs and brothels...and some raider women were in their underwear.....i probally were having sex with the raider men.....theres also lots of drugs and drinking.....you can get addicted to drugs and drinking in the game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjvilleskaterkid August 31, 2010

Great Game

This game is filled with hours and hours of exploration and adventure. Yes, there is a ton of bloody violence, but I would say Gears of War is worse if you were looking for something to compare it with (especially with the lancer chainsaw). There are little drugs that you can take and some sexual conversations but no actual sex. Overall, this game is amazing and will last a long, long time.