All member reviews for F.E.A.R

Terrifying and bloody shooter for adults only.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymissnaughty April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjag8s April 9, 2008

WOW great game NOT FOR KIDS

I loved this game. It had me jumping out of my seat at times. Sometimes, I was jumping to the escape button so my kids wouldn't walk in on the game. The ending kind of lacked, but I loved the gameplay. This is not a game for kids, I don't care how mature or well-watched the child is, this isn't for them. If they can't go to an R-rated movie on their own, them seek another game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheCertifiedTruth March 27, 2013

The scariest game ever made

HOLY CRAP THIS GAME SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!very violent and could give a child night terrors please don't let a kid who gets scared easily play this it could mess them up pshycologicly
Teen, 13 years old Written bynickdeb April 9, 2008

A graphic, scary, disturbing shooter... But still Awesome!

If you can stand movies like "Saving Private Ryan", you should be fine. This game is VERY, VERY graphic. Make sure you can stand large amounts of gore before playing this game. Those who can, will enjoy this "classic in the making" to the fullest extent!
Educator Written bygraveling May 4, 2014

scary and filled with gore

(-contains very strong bloody violence and gore disturbing images strong horror and language-)-18-
Adult Written byReady2Help August 20, 2011

Fist of all, this game is scary for anyone who isn't used to creepy Your playing as a newbie in a secret task group called F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon) From the very begining you see the worst of the blood in the game, it shows a man eating a corpse (well, not really shows, but you see a guy standing over a dead body and making sounds like he's eating something so it's not really a secret) Launguage is also very frequent and strong, don't get unless you are used to the dark side of human language Although when I played my scared meter didn't exactly hit red, this is actually good training if you are trying to learn to deal with creepy video games, it's thanks to this game that I can cope with other scary games and paranormal movies. The thing that got me to dislike this game is the plot The story has so many twist and turns I might as well of been on a rollercoaster, you have to have the best sense of awarness and understanding known to man to figure out what's going on At the end I was like "What the heck just happened?" Not kidding, this game is VERY hard to follow Not to mention the difficulty I played it on easy and died at least 45 times, the enemies are difficult and opprotunities to find health are hard to find, you have to have amazing patiance if you want to get through, as well as a sense of stratagy, you can't just run in gunz blazing, you have to run in, learn where everyone is and what weapons they have, if your lucky get back into cover, or just let them kill you so that you can go in again with more knolege of the enemy, make sure you know what your doing I would also reccomend that you rent this before buying, blockbuster or redbox might have it, if that's not available the game is old and very cheap, about $10 where I live
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 23, 2010

FEAR is scary. Simply.

FEAR is very gory and bloody. The violence of this game is extreme and bloody. There are random limbs dotted everywhere and skeletons dropping from the roof and everywhere else on the floor. Its a good and very scary game though. It includes a lot of language in it but its not really that bad.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBig Daddys Drill February 12, 2010

love it not for teens 15 and under

This game is sweet but not for kids 15 and under it is fery scary but so cool i play it and love it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 January 23, 2010

10 and 11 year olds playing...

The scariness of this game is really high which makes this an extremely weird game and very violent. The blood is very freaky and messes with your mind, Skeletons and stuff. Its a much unique game.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 November 14, 2009

Too scary, violent, and graphic for anyone under 17. Iffy for 17+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFearlessmaster May 18, 2009

My favorite game of all time

This game rules with killer explosions and gunfights, along with the terrifying imagery and involving storyline, a must play for mature players!
Kid, 9 years old April 11, 2009

Very thrilling game. Play!

Not for kids 14 and under. I watched my friens play this game and I found it very thrilling, adventerous, and violent. What is Common Sense talking about language? No gore is shown and all of the violence is cartoon, but I agree, it is preticularly violent. - Jeremy
Adult Written byGamePlayer12 March 19, 2009

Fun Game For 16 +

This game is very fun and scary. good storyline and pretty good graphics. But the violence is too much for young kids, Theres dead bodies everywhere and a physco feeds on human flesh.. its blood and gore for sure. The language is pretty bad you often here S*** and a couple of F***, And other ones. This game is not a game for kids WAY to violent.. and i got scared myself of this game its just plain out NOT A KID GAME.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAmaterasu13 February 21, 2009

Another one of my favorites

I enjoyed this game very much. I think it's for mature audience because of the gore and terror. The story itself is what I like most about this game because it's different, tragic, and interesting. I also enjoyed the unique time slowing, or "reflex", thing you get to have. A nice advantage in gun fights. Though you fight the same clone dudes over and over, go long periods without gun fights, the thought of running into paranormal stuff keeps the suspense alive. Like the Silent Hill: Homecoming review I wrote, the tactics the game has for fright is the atmosphere and music. The music was a big part to me as it just struck weird nerves of tension for the appearance of paranormal things. The other was things actually popping and flashing out of nowhere. Actually, theres a theory that our eyes and brain are so used to spotting things on one side (I think it's the left) that if it comes from the other side suddenly, it causes shock or what I like to call being jumpy. So to expose F.E.A.R to a little kid would chance fright and posibly a nightmare, since you tend to run into scenes of gore. Love the game, just too bad you never see your character's face.
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2009

A (very) scary game, but still awsome.

F.E.A.R. is an AMAZING game. Seamless graphics, life-like physics, and amazing sound just make the game simply awesome. I will not deny that it is gory. It is VERY gory. But what shooter today isn't? I think the thing that would disturb PARENTS the most is that if the player studies the storyline good enough, *SPOILER* he/she finds out that the creepy little girl (Alma) was forced into early labor at eight years old, and you are pretty much trying to kill your mother. (even more creepy, she's your mom!) I think kids that are scared easily should not play this game. It is pretty creepy. The best starting age for 'trying out the game' would be at least 10, when your child should be finally out of the 'zombies are gonna eat me!' phase. But it's a great game, and i recommend it to anyone who likes a good horror/action game.

Like Bloodshot but a FPS!!!

Well i just got this game and i am 13 so yes and i am allowed to play this game 1st off the violence really isn't that bad if your kid has call of duty 4 then you will be fine in the story they say F**K ALOT so that is really the only problme. there is blood and it goes every where and the story is kind of creepy but if you played Condemned 1 and 2 BTW the people who made the Condemned seriese made F.E.A.R. and if you watch scary movies and alot of that stuff you will be fine but this is deffinatly for 13 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMindless7333 April 9, 2008

A good game.

This game is very fun for shooter fans. It has a fair amount of blood and the gunshots can be put into slow motion, which is worse. Blood splatters, there are marks on the enemy, and blood is projected onto walls. I have shot enemies in half at times, too. It does have some VERY jumpy scenes in it, and this causes you to feel terrible throughout the game. Every corner you feel reluctant to turn, because there could or could not be something there. But aside from that, if you can deal with jumpy moments and the blood, you will enjoy this game. Some examples of violent or scary scenes are: When climbing down a ladder a zombie-like figure rushes towards you. Some of it's skin is missing. You head towards a door and find it is locked, then turn around and Alma, the evil girl, is directly in front of you. There are some "dream" scenes which involve you swimming through blood etc. Also, the game features a weapon which nails enemies to walls. If you can handle this, you will enjoy the game. I personally think BioShock is worse in terms of adult features.
Adult Written bygangbanga911 April 9, 2008

Terrifying..... But yet one of the best of this year.

Lets start of by saying that this game is the stuff of nightmares. You start out this game on a wrong foot. things get hairy and then.... Well you'll have to play to figure it out. First, the plot is way too complicated for most kids to understand. It twists and turns like a roller coaster and is difficult to follow. The violence is the main problem here. Okay, lets clear this up, this game is very, very violent. It features exploding bodies, death, blood, gore, guns, killing, twisted government agencies, psychics, undercover armies and such. The language is also a major problem there is always some swearing going on either between your squadmates or your enemies. But along side the violence on of the main problems is the disturbing content. F.E.A.R. gives you no warning to the sudden images of terror. Some include: Death by fire, terrible medical experiments, brutal, disgusting torture, and sudden apparitions ( I won't give any away) Anyway, this is hands down one of the best games this year. But not the best for kids. If they watch movies such as: The Amityville Horror, Hollow Man, or even Saw for that matter, I still think that parents should take extreme caution when deciding if their kids shouls play this game. Overall, it's not the best idea.
Adult Written byjomama090909 April 9, 2008

This game was nuts.. awsome!!!! would play it all the time... very violent and unbaleivably scary... GET IT NOW!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieman430 April 9, 2008

Top of the line terrifying shooter

F.E.A.R. is one of the best games all year, if not the 21st century. True gamers will want to stand up and applaud this triumph. The games amazing A.I. enemies are intelligent and tricky; they'll throw things over to hide behind, try to corner you, distract you while they try to flank you. The weapons are also spectacular, the shotgun just feels right. Parents should note, the game is violent, gory, disturbing, and has some severe language. You shoot up clones in full body armor with some spectacular effects. The graphics allow for realistic results, a shot to the left arm will jerk it back, sometimes even make the arm fall off. At proper distance, the shotgun vaporizes enemies. Beyond the gun play, there are some creepy cut scenes that feature a creepy little girl with the power to tear soldiers apart. Characters can also be heard shouting colorful phrases. The game is an intense adult shooter, appropriate only for older teens. Gamers should know that the game requires a lot from your PC, a gig of ram is recommended as well as a descent graphics card. In the end, F.E.A.R. is probably the best adult shooter I've ever played.